A flourless almond butter and jelly muffin that’s gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy-free, oil-free and whipped up in the blender in under 5 minutes flat.
Almond butter and jelly… is there any combination that’s more classic? Well, peanut butter and jelly, maybe, but you guys know how I feel about those lunatic legumes.
Lunatic? Really, Amanda?!? Ugh, sorry guys… my thesaurus failed me and I couldn’t find another word for ‘pesky’ that started with an ‘L’. But I digress. Back to the almond butter and jelly.
It’s one of my favourite combos, right up there with cheese and dough (read: pizza), cookies and [ice] cream, and chocolate and my face. I love it on toast; on rice cakes; on oatmeal; on spoons (true story); and now,
on in muffins…
Let’s try that again… IN muffins…
Better. And these aren’t just any muffins… Nuh uh. they’re flourless, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, dairy-free, oil-free, blender muffins. Kind of a mouthful, eh? But a mouth full of deliciousness! Err. That was a bad one — sorry. But these muffins? They’re gooders.
My flourless muffins are probably some of my favourite recipes here on Spoons, and seeing as they also happen to be the ones that get the most pins and shares, I’m going to go ahead and assume that you guys like them too. And for good reason! Not only are they ridiculously quick and easy to whip up (with barely anything to clean up), but they just so happen to be pretty darn tasty… and made with ingredients that you can feel good about eating.
So the next time you get hit with a craving for an almond butter and jelly sandwich (or peanut butter and jelly if you swing that way), scrap the bread and take an extra 10 minutes to whip up a batch of these flourless almond butter and jelly muffins — I can pretty much guarantee that it’ll be love at first bite.
I’d love to know if you make this (or any!) recipe! Tag @runwithspoons on Instagram and Twitter, and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!Print
- 1/2 cup (128 g) almond butter*
- 1 medium, ripe banana (100g or 1/2 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup (80 g) honey
- 1/2 cup (40 g) rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp (14 g) ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup (60g) of your favourite jelly, divided*
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C) and prepare a muffin pan by spraying 9 cavities with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients except for jam to a blender and blend on high until oats are broken down and batter is smooth and creamy.
- Use a greased tablespoon to spoon approximately 2 Tbsp (30 ml) of batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling each cavity about 1/3 of the way full. There should be enough to generously cover the bottom of the cavity.
- Add 1 to 1 1/2 tsp. of jam to the centre of each cavity before topping with another 2 Tbsp (30 ml) of batter, or until each cavity is 3/4 of the way full. You want to make sure that all of the jam is covered so that it doesn’t seep out and burn on the side of the pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the tops of your muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for ~10 minutes before removing. Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.
* you can easily sub this with a different nut butter, or use a seed or soy nut butter to make these nut-free.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
Keywords: almond butter and jelly, almond butter and jelly muffins, almond butter muffins, flourless muffins, gluten-free muffins
Looking for more flourless muffins recipes? Try one of these!