- 1/2 cup (128 g) almond butter*
- 1 medium, ripe banana (100g or 1/2 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup (80 g) honey
- 1/2 cup (40 g) rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp (14 g) ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup (60g) of your favourite jelly, divided*
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C) and prepare a muffin pan by spraying 9 cavities with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients except for jam to a blender and blend on high until oats are broken down and batter is smooth and creamy.
- Use a greased tablespoon to spoon approximately 2 Tbsp (30 ml) of batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling each cavity about 1/3 of the way full. There should be enough to generously cover the bottom of the cavity.
- Add 1 to 1 1/2 tsp. of jam to the centre of each cavity before topping with another 2 Tbsp (30 ml) of batter, or until each cavity is 3/4 of the way full. You want to make sure that all of the jam is covered so that it doesn’t seep out and burn on the side of the pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the tops of your muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for ~10 minutes before removing. Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.
* you can easily sub this with a different nut butter, or use a seed or soy nut butter to make these nut-free.
Keywords: almond butter and jelly, almond butter and jelly muffins, almond butter muffins, flourless muffins, gluten-free muffins