If I had to pick 4 foods to eat for the rest of my days, I would probably go with: almond butter, oats, bananas, and chocolate. Sure I’d miss things like yogurt, eggs, chicken, avocado, apples, kabocha, and broccoli (yes, I really would miss broccoli), but seeing as I can’t even remember the last time I went a day without eating every.single.one of the four foods I first mentioned, I think it’s safe to say that I’m kind of obsessed with them, and I’d like to take this opportunity to introduce you to the most recent love-child of that obsession…
Flourless Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Muffins — a bit of a mouthful, but a ridiculously delicious mouthful. Not only are these muffins gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy-free, and oil-free, but they may just be some of the softest and fluffiest muffins that I’ve ever eaten. You’d never be able to tell that they don’t contain an ounce of flour just by biting into one…
… and you’d be surprised to learn that they can be whipped up in a blender in under 30 seconds flat. That’s right — no flour means no need to baby the dough, and no need to baby the dough means you can just toss everything into a blender, flip the switch, and be guaranteed perfect muffins every.single.time.
The only thing easier than making these muffins is eating them, which isn’t a bad thing considering they’re made with the same wholesome ingredients that you find in a healthy breakfast. Egg, banana, oats, almond butter, and chocolate. Yes, chocolate… because what good is taking care of your body if you don’t take care of your mind? Luckily, these muffins allow you to do both 😀
I’d love to know if you make this (or any!) recipe! Tag @runwithspoons on Instagram and Twitter, and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!Print
- 1/2 cup (128 g) almond butter (can use other nut butter as well)
- 1 medium ripe banana (100g or 1/2 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup (80 g) honey
- 1/2 cup (40 g) rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp (14 g) ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup (60 g) mini chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 375F (190C) and prepare a muffin pan by spraying 9 cavities with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients except for chocolate chips to a high-speed blender and blend on high until the oats are broken down and the batter is smooth and creamy. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Pour the batter into your prepared muffin pan, filling each cavity until it is about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the tops of your muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for ~10 minutes before removing. Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.
Keywords: almond butter muffins, chocolate chip muffins, dairy-free, flourless muffins, gluten-free, healthy muffins, oil-free, sugar-free