- 1/2 cup (128 g) almond butter (can use other nut butter as well)
- 1 medium ripe banana (100g or 1/2 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup (80 g) honey
- 1/2 cup (40 g) rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp (14 g) ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup (60 g) mini chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 375F (190C) and prepare a muffin pan by spraying 9 cavities with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients except for chocolate chips to a high-speed blender and blend on high until the oats are broken down and the batter is smooth and creamy. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Pour the batter into your prepared muffin pan, filling each cavity until it is about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the tops of your muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for ~10 minutes before removing. Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.
Keywords: almond butter muffins, chocolate chip muffins, dairy-free, flourless muffins, gluten-free, healthy muffins, oil-free, sugar-free