Happy #thinkingoutloud Thursday! No idea what I’m going on about? Click here!
1. Firstly and foremostly….
… aaaaaaand Happy Thursday to everyone else! I think I speak for all of us non-Americans when I say that we will gladly be your answer to the question of “what to do with all those pesky leftovers?” I myself am particularly fond of mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and any [peanut-free] dessert that isn’t pumpkin pie. No offence — it’s a texture thing.
2. I will say that the holiday mentality is super contagious, though. It’s business as usual for us up here in Canadaland, but I’m draaaaaaaaagging like crazy– and I completely blame the blog world for that one. It’s just hard to feel productive and motivated to get work done when you’re constantly reading about people enjoying holiday festivities. Pft. I’m not bitter. Totally not bitter.
3. At least the Black Friday sales have made their way up here! Which I say with 100% sarcasm since I can’t even remember the last time I’ve shopped the sales on either Black Friday or Boxing Day (Canada’s equivalent). I know people get a big thrill from scoring a good deal, but the crowds and the craziness are a little too much for me and I end up wanting to run for cover before I’ve even managed to find a parking spot. That being said, I wouldn’t mind getting my Christmas shopping started a little earlier this year, since I usually wait ‘until the last minute and end up running around like a madwoman trying to get everything together in time. Confession: I kind of like it.
4. Oh! And while we’re on the topic of Black Friday, I wanted to let you guys know about the awesome sale that Bluehost* has going on this weekend! From today until Sunday night at 11:59 PST, you can sign up for web hosting for as low as $3.95 per month — so if you’re thinking about starting a blog or switching over to self-hosting, then now is definitely a good time to do it! And if you’ve been going back and forth on the idea, you can check out this post to see why I recommend it or head over to Bluehost* to learn more.
(* affiliate links — thanks so much for your support! )
5. As for me, I’ll be decking the halls this weekend! #happydance
I know it’s not technically December 1st yet, but it’s close enough! And I always like to get my decorating done on the weekends because it means I can have family/friends over and really take the time to go all out. You know what I’m talking about — Christmas music, freshly baked cookies, fuzzy socks, a holiday movie or two — the whole shebang.
6. Speaking of Christmas movies, you guys convinced me that I need to get my act together and watch Mary Poppins and The Sound of Music, so I’ll be adding both to my holiday movie list this year. Now to find some copies…
7. Maybe I can watch them while writing my Christmas cards. For some reason that I can’t recall, I didn’t end up sending out Christmas cards last year and I haaaaaaaaated it! I mean, sure it’s way easier to send someone a text or e-mail and wish them a Merry Christmas that way, but there’s something so much more special about receiving an actual card in the mail… so I’m planning on getting that done this weekend and hopefully beating the massive influx of letters to Santa 😉
8. I’d also love to do some Christmas crafts this year, but I have no idea what to make… Any suggestions? I made a gingerbread-less gingerbread house last year (read: it was made out of foamy stuff), but I’d actually like to do something more crafty crafty this year. Wreaths? Garlands? Ornaments? I’m kind of afraid to look on Pinterest because then I just end up getting way too overwhelmed 😆
9. I could have sworn that I had something else to tell you guys, but it’s escaping me at the moment so I’m going to end things here by wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving and/or a wonderful Thursday! I’ll be taking tomorrow off to catch up on some work projects, but I’ll see you on Sunday with some Link Love!