A soft and chewy double chocolate chip oatmeal cookie that melts in your mouth and is LOADED with chocolate flavour. The perfect “just because” treat.
Sometimes a girl just needs a cookie. A real cookie.
A cookie made with butter.
And chocolate… lots and lots of chocolate…
A cookie that melts in your mouth.
But that’s still loaded with plenty of texture.
A cookie that’s slightly crispy on the outside.
While being soft and chewy on the inside.
A cookie that can take the edge off a rough day.
Satisfy a craving for something ooey, gooey, chocolate, and sweet.
But that really needs no rhyme or reason other than “just because.“
A cookie kind of like this one…
I know, right?!
Ladies (and gentlemen?), allow me to introduce you to the solution to all of life’s little problems — also known as the double chocolate chip oatmeal cookie. The original plan was to make regular old chocolate chip oatmeal cookies (the best kind of cookies, imo), but when a chocolate craving hit and hit hard (interpret that as you will), I figured there was no harm in tossing a little cocoa into the
batter dough… and maaaaaaaybe adding a few extra chocolate chips chunks for good measure…
The result is a chocolate lover’s dream.
A cookie lover’s dream.
The kind of dessert that makes people go “Ohhhhgggmaaguuuud” (true story).
But don’t take my word for it — whip up a batch of your own!
Because sometimes… everyone just needs a cookie…
I’d love to know if you make this (or any!) recipe! Tag @runwithspoons on Instagram and Twitter, and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!Print
- 1½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together oats, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand-held or stand mixer, cream together butter and sugars until pale and smooth. Beat in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla, mixing until light and fluffy — about 4 minutes.
- Slowly add oat mixture to wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Do not over mix. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto your prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 -12 minutes, until edges begin to set.
- After removing from oven, allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
Keywords: chocolate, chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, chocolate cookies, double chocolate oatmeal cookies, oatmeal, oatmeal cookies
Looking for more oatmeal cookie recipes? Try one of these!