These light and fluffy Blueberry Banana Greek Yogurt Pancakes are sure to keep you satisfied all morning with over 20g of whole food protein! They’re gluten-free thanks to the oats and whipped up in the blender in under 5 minutes!
Did I ever tell you about the time that I placed second in a pancake eating competition?
Yep! I sure did! Granted, I was only competing against one other person and the “competition” took place at my grandma’s kitchen table, but still! I did technically place second in a pancake eating competition, right? 😉 And I did it by eating a stack of pancakes pretty similar to this one…
Okay, okay… so I realize that a stack of eight pancakes isn’t necessarily anything to write home about, but to my scrawny 10-year old self that was basically nothing but spindly arms and legs? It was a big deal!
And for the record, the only reason I
lost came in second was because I was competing against my eleven year old male cousin who apparently had a way better strategy than I did. See, he stuck to eating the pancakes on their own, whereas I was all about those sides and toppings…
But come on! How can you say no to that sweet, sweet maple syrup? You can’t! And don’t even talk to me about those sugar-free “syrups” unless you want a stank eye shot your way and an earful of why you shouldn’t be putting that crap in your body. It’s skeevy. That and I’m Canadian – it’s basically a slap in the face.
Speaking of which, did I ever tell you about the time that I did shots of maple syrup? I was young and stupid and I wouldn’t recommend it unless you like the feeling of nausea. For the most part, I’d stick to using it as intended – as a topping for pancakes…
So let’s talk about these pancakes – these light and fluffy blueberry banana Greek yogurt pancakes that have 20g of protein without any protein powder. Nothing but Greek yogurt, eggs, and oats beefin’ up these bad boys!
AND! the entire recipe is a single-serving, meaning you can eat the same stack of 8 pancakes that got me second place in my pancake eating competition all by yourself 😉 Well, maybe not the same, same… since I don’t think Grandma used oats or whipped hers up in the blender… but close enough.
The point is, you kind of need these in your life…
I’d love to know if you make this recipe! Leave a comment and rating down below to let me know what you think, and subscribe to our mailing list to receive new recipes in your inbox!Print
- 1/4 cup (60 g) plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 medium, ripe banana (50 g or 1/4 cup [60 ml] mashed)
- 1/2 cup (40 g) rolled oats*
- 2 large egg whites OR 1 large egg
- 1–2 Tbsp (15–30 ml) unsweetened almond milk**
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (35 g) blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat and coat it with cooking spray or oil. You want to make sure that it’s very hot before you start cooking your pancakes.
- Add all the ingredients except for blueberries to a blender in the order listed and blend on high until the oats are fully broken down and the batter is smooth and frothy, about 1-2 minutes. Fold in the blueberries by hand and allow batter to sit for a few minutes so that it thickens up.
- Pour batter straight from blender onto skillet until desired size of pancakes is reached and cook until the edges have set and bubbles begin to form on the tops of the pancakes, about 3 minutes. Using a spatula, flip and cook for another 2 minutes. Repeat until all the batter is gone, making sure to coat your skillet again with oil between each batch. Top with desired toppings and enjoy!
* make sure to use certified gluten-free oats if you need these to be gluten-free. ** start with 1 Tbsp (15 ml) of almond milk and only add a second if you feel the batter is too thick.
Keywords: bananas, blueberries, breakfast, gluten-free, Greek yogurt, healthy, pancakes, recipe
Looking for more Greek yogurt pancake recipes? Try one of these!