. currently – february 2014 .

by Amanda @ .running with spoons. on February 10, 2014

One of the things I love most about blogging is being able to go back and look at past posts to see what I was up to at any given time. Like on February 10, 2013? I was talking to you about things that I love. And speaking of love, who can forget Valentine’s Day that year… I even shared what’s in my makeup bag (a lot of which is still the same).

Okay, okay… I’ll stop digging through the past now. The point is, it’s neat to have that record and see what’s changed and what’s stayed the same… which is why I’m a huge fan of doing these currently posts on a monthly basis. So without further ado, let’s take a look at life as I currently know it… in February :D

Current book: Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge. I only picked this one up a few days ago so I can’t say too much about it just yet, but it’s based on the story of Beauty and the Beast (one of my all time favourites), so I’m hoping it’ll be a good one. The opening line is certainly interesting…

“I was raised to marry a monster.”

Cruel Beauty

Current music: You know what’s sad? Finding yourself in a position where you’re skipping past basically every.single.song on your playlist. I haven’t really gotten any new music in months and I’m starting to feel it… Help a girl out!

Current guilty pleasure: Playing the occasional video game. Don’t judge me… too harshly ;)

Current nail colour: My nails are currently rocking their birthday suits, but I’m thinking this colour (Essie’s Leading Lady) for Valentine’s Day…

Essie Leading Lady

Current drink: Smoothies, smoothies, and more smoothies. Remember that untimely obsession I mentionedYup… still going strong. 1 a day is a given; 2 a day isn’t rare; and 3 a day may or may not have happened on more than one occasion. The epicness you see below? I’ll be sharing the recipe soon.

Chocolate Frosty

Current food: All things chocolate. From smoothies, to muffins, to bars, to truffles, to chocolate chips straight from the bag… I haven’t been able to get enough cocoa-y goodness in my life lately. I blame the fact that Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and chocolate is bombarding me from all angles.

Chocolate Cravings

Current obsession: Dried fruit with almond butter. I’ve loved this combo for as long as I can remember, but I go through phases with it where I’ll be completely obsessed one moment and then completely forget about it the next. Right now I’m very much completely obsessed.

Dried Fruit and AB

Current wish: I wish for infinite wishes :mrgreen:

Current need: This is a little embarrassing to admit, but it’s the same as it was last month — more food photography props. The creative buy-ALL-the-things part of my brain is battling with the OCD clutter-is-the-devil part of my brain, and thus far the OCD part has been winning. I have a feeling its suffocating reign will be coming to an end soon though…

Current triumph: Guess what?!? I’m getting better at responding to e-mails in a timely fashion  :D Yes, there’s still room for improvement, but I’ve come a long way since last month. Now, instead of it taking me a week, I can usually manage in a few days. Goal? 24 hours…

Current bane of my existence: This freaking cold weather…

Chilly Week

… that has been hanging around for the past week or so. Normally I’d just grin and bear it the way us Canadians usually do, but I haven’t been able to go snowboarding in two.whole.weeks and that’s just unacceptable. Thankfully it looks like it’ll be warming up by the end of the week, so you’d better believe that I’ll be out on the slopes next weekend.

Current indulgence: Makeup. I haven’t really been buying all that many beauty products lately, but I more than made up for it with a recent trip to Sephora  :shock: I have a feeling that these might find their way into this month’s favourites post if the reviews I’ve read are correct…

New Makeup

Benefit’s The POREfessional primer // Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light // Benefit’s Hoola Bronzing Powder

Current procrastination: Renewing my passport. Most countries require your passport to be valid for at least another 6 months if you want to enter, and mine expires in May. This doesn’t apply to Canadians who want to travel to the States (which is where I usually go), so I’ve been putting it off. Time to get on that… just in case a surprise trip to Italy pops up in my near future #wishfulthinking

Travelling Coffee

Current blessing: My family. It’s just me and my mom and dad over on this side of the big blue ocean, but I feel super lucky to live a short 20-minute drive away from them so that I can go over and mooch food visit every weekend. Sunday night dinners are seriously one of my favourite things ever…

Rouladen Dinner

Current excitement: I want to tell you!… but not yet. I will say that it involves seeing J soon :D

Current mood: Pleased and content.

Current link: Pinterest. Like my food obsessions, I go through phases with Pinterest. I’ve kind of been ignoring it for the past little while, but lately I’ve been spending more time organizing my boards, adding new ones, and actually pinning things.

Pinterest Page

Twitter — runwithspoons
Facebook — runningwithspoons
Pinterest — runwithspoons
Instagram — runwithspoons
Bloglovin — runningwithspoons

1 Krista @ Tiny n Fit February 10, 2014 at 6:12 am

My current guilty pleasure is watching the Millionaire Matchmaker. I just love the show- and seeing happy endings for people looking for love! Current food- Love Grown super grain hot oats. Current obsession- Smart Balance coconut peanut butter. SO good. And since you’re tired of the snow up there, please send some to DC :) Happy Monday!
Krista @ Tiny n Fit recently posted..February Goals and TidbitsMy Profile

2 Kelly @ Kelly Runs For Food February 10, 2014 at 6:19 am

Current guilty pleasure is binge-watching Revenge on Netflix. Yesterday was a total fail because of it!
Kelly @ Kelly Runs For Food recently posted..Wine tasting, girls night, and relaxation- weekend recapMy Profile

3 Shannon February 10, 2014 at 6:20 am

Currently my favorite song is “Let it Go” from the Disney movie Frozen! I play it on REPEAT at work all day long! Can’t get enough of that energy and Idina Menzel’s voice! My favorite guilty pleasure is anything with peanut butter. Oooh so delicious! My favorite food currently are Think Thin peanut butter protein bars – I could have one for EVERY meal! Current bane of my existence… you guessed it – this HORRIBLE COLD weather! Grrr, is it spring yet? My other current obsession is reading blogs right now and actually becoming more active in the blogging community. It’s so exciting and I love sharing new ideas and exchanging motivational tips, workouts, recipes, etc. Thanks for the post! :)
Shannon recently posted..Thursday Thoughts: Happy Happy Happy!My Profile

4 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 10, 2014 at 9:24 am

Oh goodness that song is WONDERFUL — heck, the whole soundtrack is. I was literally singing it nonstop for about 2 weeks, and you’re definitely right about the energy — just puts you in a good and motivated mood :D

5 Emma @ Life's A Runner February 10, 2014 at 6:23 am

I’m in love with that nail polish! My current song is, um, Holly Jolly Christmas? Can we not be judged together? And my obsession is watching skiing in the olympics! Even though I cringe every time someone goes off a jump/moves their leg, I can’t stop. I’ve never even been a TV person and now I’m watching it at 2am! Help!
Emma @ Life’s A Runner recently posted..Half Marathon Base Training: Week 1My Profile

6 Heather @fitncookies February 10, 2014 at 6:24 am

I love these posts, probably because I’m nosy.. lol. Current music- the background music playing on Good Morning America, ha. Current guilty pleasure- ugh I baked fresh cinnamon rolls last night which are on my counter. Obviously that means I’ve indulged in too many already ! Food- just finished oats in a cookie butter jar- MY FAV!
Heather @fitncookies recently posted..Taking a Step Back to Enjoy the WeekendMy Profile

7 Autumn Wieland February 10, 2014 at 6:24 am

1: Well….i DO have a current favorite song but its so new that i don’t even know the name of it yet… :P
2: Guilty pleasure has been buying VS bras! lol <3
I really wish that i didn't live in the land of flatness! Snowboarding sounds like tons of fun and a great workout even though I'm sure id fall on my butt a loooooot.
I am SO sick of cold weather and snow! How's a person supposed to be motivated when its so cold out (and indoors!) and there are piles of snow everywhere? I can honestly say that I'm looking forward to spring more than any other year!

8 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat February 10, 2014 at 6:26 am

The current bane of my existence right now is snow! We got more last night and we’re getting more at the end of the week. SO over this!

My current food is smoothies and pancakes! I love them both and can’t get enough of them these days!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..10 Things You May Not Know About MeMy Profile

9 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 10, 2014 at 9:26 am

Me too, me too! I literally -just- finished my morning smoothie, and I’m thinking that pancakes for dinner have a very high possibility of happening.

10 Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com February 10, 2014 at 6:31 am

Yay – glad you get to see J soon! And dried fruit and AB you say? I have been having dates and AB/PB, but never thought about dried fruit – BRILLIANT!

My current song is “Blessings” by Laura Story
My guilty pleasure (and food) has been “Food Should Be So Good” sea salt brown rice crackers
My current bane of existence hospital cafeteria coffee :(
My current obsession (and food) – Roots Hummus!
Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com recently posted..Roasted Garlic Hummus SconesMy Profile

11 Danica @ It's Progression February 10, 2014 at 6:31 am

My husband and I will occasionally play Mario Kart on our super old Gamecube…we feel like complete kids but it’s really fun to play once in a while!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..scenes from the weekend 2.10.14My Profile

12 Tiff @ Love, Sweat & Beers February 10, 2014 at 6:34 am

Yay for seeing J!! :) My current food is pizza, which needs to stop. Like… now. Also, I too am getting sick of winter. Bring on warm n’ sunny spring!!!
Tiff @ Love, Sweat & Beers recently posted..Busy Busy Busy!My Profile

13 Taryn February 10, 2014 at 6:43 am

Cruel Beauty sounds great.. hope it ends up being good! I need to find it ASAP. My current favorite songs are really just what’s on the radio, but I’ve been listening to Passenger a lot lately. Current bane of existence is definitely this weather. I can deal with the cold a bit longer, but this snow needs to take a hike.
Taryn recently posted..Weekend GoodnessMy Profile

14 Carly @ Snack Therapy February 10, 2014 at 6:46 am

I LOVE the Porefessionals Primer. That stuff makes my skin baby-butt soft. Current bane of my existence is this morning. I’m havin’ a real hard time getting going this morning. Granted, it’s only 5:45am so I have some time to get it together ;).
Carly @ Snack Therapy recently posted..Broccoli and Potato SoupMy Profile

15 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 10, 2014 at 9:27 am

Sending you some of my energy! I’ve literally been going non-stop — it’s kind of insane actually :shock:

16 Davida @ The Healthy Maven February 10, 2014 at 6:46 am

Back on the Pinterest train! Eyyyyyyo!

I’ll send you music if you teach me how to do my makeup!
Davida @ The Healthy Maven recently posted..Banana Fosters Cinnamon RollsMy Profile

17 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 10, 2014 at 9:27 am

Deal — next Skype date.

18 Tatum February 10, 2014 at 6:51 am

are those SEPHORA goodies I see! I caved while trolling their website late Saturday night oops. I ordered some of the bumble & bumble hair stuff have you ever tried? They had these cute little sample sizes you could order so I figured I’d give them a try. I absolutely HATE when I get to that point playlist wise.. it makes cardio THAT much harder.
Current song: You don’t know – big sean feat. ellie goulding
Current food [group?]: dessert !
Tatum recently posted..{Lately} I don’t like meat.My Profile

19 Erin @ The Almond Eater February 10, 2014 at 6:51 am

1. I’m actually still obsessed with the entire Lorde album–just haven’t gotten sick of it yet!
2. This is weird but I’m obsessed with this one TJ’s brand of veggie chips….
3. Same as #2
4. The cold of course! I think many people will agree on that one.
5. Hmmmm—yoga? I don’t know about obsession but maybe.
I love blogging for the same reason..to look back! Have a great day :)
Erin @ The Almond Eater recently posted..Weekend Wrap-Up: Thai Food & BowlingMy Profile

20 Heather February 10, 2014 at 6:57 am

You’re the cutest! Love this! Smoothies as you know, as a daily given for me, around 4 a day no lie:) I’ve also healed my relationship with the great AB which I love, and the raw creamy sends me over the moon! Dark chocolate is also a daily given for me, preferably the 100% or cacao powder, and the Vortex as they call it, is hitting tonight in SC, which is crazy since yesterday it was 70 here! We don’t know whether to open the windows or turn on the heat each day. It’s crazy! We rarely get snow at all so if we do , I’ll be shocked. They call a bluff every time. Thanks for sharing dear!!

21 Dixya @ Food, Pleasure, and Health February 10, 2014 at 7:03 am

my guilty pleasure – eating homemade ice-cream straight out of the tub for breakfast :) I am the same way with pinterest, I go through phases. Yay for soon meeting with J.
Dixya @ Food, Pleasure, and Health recently posted..Roasted Strawberry Balsamic Ice-cream (no ice-cream maker needed)My Profile

22 Sarah @ The Bookshelf Pirate February 10, 2014 at 7:15 am

Would love to hear what you think of Cruel Beauty as you read more of it! There are so many good re-told fairy tales out there, I’m hoping that one will live up to its hype. (It’s been getting some hype in the book world.)

I’m on a chocolate kick right now, too. Preparing myself to be at shops bright and early the day AFTER Valentine’s day. All the discount chocolate! People around here don’t like super dark chocolate so much, either, so I just fill up the ol’ shopping basket for the rest of the year.
Sarah @ The Bookshelf Pirate recently posted..Read Keenly, Eat Weirdly: Recommendations and Recipes For The Worst Of WinterMy Profile

23 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 10, 2014 at 10:03 am

Genius idea with the chocolate — I really hope I can find some that’s allergy-friendly. As for Cruel Beauty, I’m not far enough in to say much about the storyline yet, but I do like the author’s writing style. Very enjoyable and relaxing to read.

24 Ashley February 10, 2014 at 7:18 am

You can NEVER have enough food photography props! Gotta love finding single napkins on clearance at target or home goods. My current obsession is clementines. I’ve been eating like three a day for the past two weeks!
Ashley recently posted..the lazy girl’s gourmet pizzaMy Profile

25 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries February 10, 2014 at 7:18 am

I’m with you on the Pinterest thing… I totally go in phases with it. Although I will say, I’ve been on a pretty steady “kick” with it for the past few months. And, I’m proud to say that I actually USE the things I pin! :)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..My Heart Is HeavyMy Profile

26 Ms.J February 10, 2014 at 7:18 am

Oh myyy I hope you going to be seeing J in time for Valentines day!? I’d love to see a pic of the two of you..but aahh well! Essie’s Leading Lady is a gorgoeus shade…and Cruel Beauty sounds like a good one – that first line..wow, intense.
Oh so there’s something in the air for sure..maybe a certain curse that comes with February, because I am all about the chocolate as well! I’m trying hard not to bash myself up about it..at least I’m not depriving myself right. Ooooh guess what I baked today? An incredible batch of double chocolate chip muffins that some genius dreamed up ;) . I’ll be featuring it in my WIAW this week..hopefully :)
Ms.J recently posted..The way things areMy Profile

27 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 10, 2014 at 10:04 am

Not in time for Valentine’s, unfortunately, but late is better than never :D And I’m pretty sure we’re all in the same boat when it comes to chocolate, so definitely don’t feel bad about it. Life’s too short to deny yourself that kind of pleasure.

Happy Monday, lovely lady! <3

28 Kat February 10, 2014 at 7:19 am

YAY for ANYTHING that involves J!! I know that its hard for you,so Im hoping that its a nice long vacay together or something :)
That book sounds SUPER interesting. I hope that it picks up! Let me know alright? Ill have to swing by and get it sometime!!
And that Essie polish is gorgeousssss. I need to get my hands on that!
Kat recently posted..Chocolate Chip Coconut BitesMy Profile

29 Ang @ Nutty for Life February 10, 2014 at 7:22 am

I’m procrastinating on actually finding my passport… I have no clue where it is, which is really bad. And that’s one heck of a first sentence! Sheesh! I hope that book turns out to be interesting. It sounds like a great read. Right now I’m re-reading Divergent for my YA lit class. My current bane of existence is the roots that are showing in my hair once again and the need to save money for that among other money sucking things. Woof.
Ang @ Nutty for Life recently posted..Sibs Weekend 2014 [MIMM #23]My Profile

30 Agnes February 10, 2014 at 7:25 am

I had the same issue with my ipod playlist a while back and kind of gave up trying to find new music – started re-discovering my old (grunge/alternative) teenage favourites from back in the early 90s instead! Don’t know why no one makes music like that anymore…… Though I guess that doesn’t really help! As for recommendations of more recent stuff, I’ve been listening quite a lot to Spinnerette lately (Australian collaboration band) – if you’re into slightly alternative stuff, check out their (2009) album by the same name, it’s great!

Food of the moment is smoothies, hands down. It’s been my breakfast almost every day for weeks now.
Agnes recently posted..Spill It, SundaysMy Profile

31 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 10, 2014 at 10:12 am

The 90′s were amazing for so many things, and you’re right… they definitely don’t make music like they used to. I’m thinking that I should go back through some of my old mix tapes to refresh my memory of some of the songs that I used to love, but I have to find a cassette player first :shock:

32 Missy February 10, 2014 at 7:30 am

The current bane of my existence is phone cords — the curly kind that get all kinky. But not in “that” way. I don’t like to wear my headset all day it makes me feel some type of way.
Can’t offices have cordless phones? (0:

Thanks for letting me vent.

And I hear you on thedried fruit and nut butter combo — Might I recommend trying dried fruit and marscapone cheese if you get the chance? So good — it’s to die for and then come back to life to die for it all over again.
Missy recently posted..Fun Financial Facts | Your Tax RefundMy Profile

33 Jess @dearhealthyness February 10, 2014 at 7:40 am

Everything chocolate!!!!! my God I always add cocoa pwder to my breakfast, is that abad thing or a good thing?
Current song: Dark Horse, Katy Perry
Current guilty pleasure: white bread from a local bakery (out of the oven mmmm)
Current food: cocoa powder invading my breakfast :D
Jess @dearhealthyness recently posted..Finding Time to WorkoutMy Profile

34 cait @pieceofcait February 10, 2014 at 7:46 am

Oooooooh that nail color is perfect for Vday! and I love benefit products, and their packaging! :)

35 Karen @ Kama Fitness February 10, 2014 at 8:02 am

I’m with you…SICK of winter! lol! The whole month of Jan we were in a deep freeze! Brr…I’m just totally ready for summer now!! lolz!
Karen @ Kama Fitness recently posted..Full Body Fat BlasterMy Profile

36 Beth @ Mangoes and Miles February 10, 2014 at 8:15 am

I’m at that place with music, too–although part of it is that I’m too cheap to buy songs/albums that I’m not absolutely obsessed with, and I haven’t had time to listen to music and get absolutely obsessed with songs, sooo my “favorites” playlist is super bare right now. :( I just wish I had unlimited money…why does this wish pop up so often? Hmph.
Beth @ Mangoes and Miles recently posted..Sometimes All You Need Is A Good Cry…And Froyo.My Profile

37 Lyric February 10, 2014 at 8:24 am

I am incredibly jealous of your makeup purchases. Especially the Hourglass powder and you got it in the exact shade I’ve been lusting after! I have tried the Porefessional before and I hate to say it (mostly because of the price) but it just didn’t really do much for me; It made my skin soft but I found my foundation getting almost patchy when I put it on after. I will say I passed it on to my mom and she loved it! So Im hoping you do to!
Lyric recently posted..V Snaps are the DevilMy Profile

38 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 10, 2014 at 10:20 am

Eep! That’s too bad about the primer :( I haven’t tried it yet, but I used the Hourglass this morning and I have to say… this stuff is just magical.

39 Lindsay @ Lindsay Weighs In February 10, 2014 at 8:33 am

GIRLLLL get that Passport updated so I can give you the biggest hug ever at Blend ;)
Lindsay @ Lindsay Weighs In recently posted..Fighting Those Winter BluesMy Profile

40 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 10, 2014 at 10:20 am

Don’t need to get it updated for trips to the States, so the hug is definitely happening ;)

41 Hollie February 10, 2014 at 8:51 am

Wow that salad looks really good. I’ve been debating what color I wanted to paint my nails for Valentines day. I couldn’t decide bold or subtle…it’s always such a hard choice. I don’t pull off the color red well.
Hollie recently posted..Lake Effect Series: Five Years LostMy Profile

42 Chelsea February 10, 2014 at 8:53 am

Passport renewal is the worst thing everrrrrrrrr. Luckily, we’re in the clear for a good…8 years.
I’ve heard Canadians get a long weekend for Valentine’s day. IS THIS TRUE?!
Geez. Canada.
Chelsea recently posted..What I Learned Friday : Week Ending 02/07/2014My Profile

43 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 10, 2014 at 10:27 am

Not because of Valentine’s Day, but the 17th is Family Day so we get the day off for that :D

44 Chelsea February 10, 2014 at 10:45 am

that’s it. Moving to Canada. TONIGHT.

45 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 10, 2014 at 12:05 pm

Day = made. Just don’t tell me you were kidding :P

46 Chelsea February 10, 2014 at 12:10 pm

Oh how I wish it was true…

47 Diana @sosmallsostrong February 10, 2014 at 8:56 am

That nail polish is to die for..perfect for February!!
Let’s see…
song – Happy by Pharrell ..I can’t get enough
guilty pleasure – Coconut extract, I’m putting it in everything
food – Chocolate Coconut Mug Cakes
bane of existence – Catching up on my school work… I can’t get ahead!
obsession – YOUR BLOG SISTA! :)
Diana @sosmallsostrong recently posted..10 Tips to Show Love…Part 2My Profile

48 Diana @sosmallsostrong February 10, 2014 at 8:56 am

Oh I forgot to ask… do you have any very favorite books? I’m looking into some new readings
Diana @sosmallsostrong recently posted..10 Tips to Show Love…Part 2My Profile

49 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 10, 2014 at 10:29 am

Tonnesssss. The Fault In Our Stars is my latest favourite. The Hunger Games. Divergent. Delirium. The Name of the Wind. The Art of Racing In The Rain. The Book Thief. Gone Girl. Game of Thrones. Life of Pi… those are just a few that pop into my head :)

50 Hedda February 10, 2014 at 11:34 am

. . . someone shares my taste in books ^^

51 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles February 10, 2014 at 9:01 am

Give me your current:
1) Song: As soon as you find some awesome new stuff, wanna send the suggestions my way? Although Eric’s been listening to a lot of James LaBrie lately (the singer from Dream Theatre’s solo stuff) and it’s pretty good.
2) Guilty Pleasure: Umm…I’m with you on the video games ;-) every night where I have a little bit of time, Fallout 3 appears.
3) Food: avocado, salmon, and nut butters. Healthy fats!
4) Bane of Existence: winter. It needs to go away.
5) Obsession: yoga/stretching. I’m going to touch those damn toes one day…

And going to see J?!? Teext me details!!
And I’m trying to decide what colour to paint my nails this weekend…I don’t even know if I have a pink or a red (not a pink/red person…)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..The Weekend Where I Didn’t Really Cook Anything.My Profile

52 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 10, 2014 at 10:31 am

Will share deets very soon :D And I’m actually thinking about going with a metallic gunmetal colour… with possible either a silver or red accent nail.

53 Heather February 10, 2014 at 9:01 am

Music needed? Done. Bruno Mars! Yummy!

54 Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life February 10, 2014 at 9:06 am

I totally know what you mean about the music. I haven’t gotten new music in forever so I’m tired of all the songs on my iPod! I end up putting on the “Country Love Songs” station on Pandora, and that usually takes care of the problem ;) Food, apples!! I haven’t had apples in forever and I bought a few last week. They are SO delicious and I forgot how much I love them!
Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life recently posted..MIMM #43- up in the mountains + giveaway winner announced!My Profile

55 Emma February 10, 2014 at 9:12 am

Hey, I appreciate your response to my comment on Friday’s post. Thank you!

Based on what you’ve posted in the past, we have fairly similar tastes in music, so I’ll give you a few recommendations (which you may or may not like, but at least it’s something new)

1) Deliverance by Gojira
2) Scream of the Butterfly by Acid Bath
3) Sic Transit Gloria by Brand New (they have tons of good songs, but that one is my favourite)
4) Otherside by Macklemore
5) Roulette Dares (The Haunt of) by Mars Volta (this song is AMAZING)
6) Ratrace by Skindred
7) We Will Fall Together by Streetlight Manifesto
8) Panic by Sublime with Rome
9) Anything by Tool, but I’m guessing you know who they are already, haha.
10) Inis Mona by Eluvetie
11) Evil by Interpol

Hopefully that leads you to something new!

56 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 10, 2014 at 10:37 am

:shock: :shock: So.much.LOVE. I only managed to make it through the first 3 songs on your list so far because I’ve been listening to each one like 3 or 4 times :lol: Thanks so much, Emma!

57 Miss Polkadot February 10, 2014 at 9:15 am

Coincidence! I’ve been writing on my ‘Currently’ post today, too. Your book sounds interesting – I’d be curious to hear how you like it once you’ve read a little more.
My current bane of existence is knowing I have to pack for my move but procrastinating. Like right now again …
As happy as I am for you meeting J again soon I wish your excitement involved travel plans to Europe. Now that’s what I’d call wishful thinking ;).
Miss Polkadot recently posted..Smile at the grouchy gym guyMy Profile

58 Ashley February 10, 2014 at 9:15 am

I bet that dried fruit with peanut butter is amazing! I have to try that. Happy Monday!

Ashley, Married to the Game
Ashley recently posted..MIMM: Home Sweet HomeMy Profile

59 carrie February 10, 2014 at 9:17 am

i have to admit you canadians throw me off with your Celsius temperatures! which is so dumb because we americans are the ones who are obviously the odd balls out on that one. haha. but when i first red the temperatures i of course logged them in my head in F! and my mouth was dropping! haha. current favorite song. Ride by SoMo. dirty lyrics. great beat.
carrie recently posted..FIVE things friday.My Profile

60 Sarah February 10, 2014 at 9:21 am

song: “Below My Feet” by Mumford and Sons – Love, Love, Love!
food: blood oranges
obsession: yoga
I made the oatmeal cookie dough smoothie three days in a row. Yummers! Picture a smiley face here. (I’m not technically savvy enough to know how to insert icons.)

61 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 10, 2014 at 10:51 am

I’m glad you’ve been liking it, Sarah! And all you have to do to insert an emoticon is type : ) without the space in between. : D will give you a bigger smiley :D

62 Sarah February 10, 2014 at 6:57 pm

:) Thanks!

63 Lauren February 10, 2014 at 9:35 am

Give me your current:
1) … song -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVgixOjGhVU&sns=fb
2) … guilty pleasure -> Bakery Cupcakes.
3) … food -> I’ve been loving goat cheese as of late!
4) … bane of existence -> The white sh*t all over the place > Daily crossword puzzles in the newspaper. And mint green. ALL the mint green!

64 Nicole @ FruitnFitness February 10, 2014 at 9:42 am

I love reading what’s going on in your life :) I like the idea of dried fruit with nut butter, I need to try that! Love that color nail polish for valentines day.
Nicole @ FruitnFitness recently posted..MIMM – TimberwolvesMy Profile

65 Alex @ therunwithin February 10, 2014 at 10:00 am

I actually heard about that series, but wasn’t sure if I would be into it. I will be interested to see what you think. I started a series that Kat talked about. a similar feel to the divergent series. Right now i dig it but just into the first book
Alex @ therunwithin recently posted..Spill it: Keep me CrazyMy Profile

66 Ashley @MilesonOats February 10, 2014 at 10:05 am

I want your future Valentines day nails, that color is stunning. Since I am single this year maybe I’ll be my own valentine and purchase that polish for myself :D My current favorite song is “Happy” by Pharrell. Guilty pleasure, The Real Housewives of Atlanta and Rich Kids of Beverly Hills. I digress x1000, but it’s so obnoxious I have to watch it. Food, 1 whole kabocha devoured in 2 days. Bane of existence, all the lovely symptoms of being a female that happens once a month, sigh :( Obession, Ginger Chimes!
Ashley @MilesonOats recently posted..MIMMMy Profile

67 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 10, 2014 at 11:18 am

Aaaaand now I’m singing Happy :lol: Definitely the perfect song to have stuck in my head today. Happy Monday, lovely lady!

68 Lisa February 10, 2014 at 10:06 am

I’ve been smoothie obsessed all Winter! It’s kind of weird to me that I just can’t seem to stop, but they’re so good. And when you have a heater and a blanket there’s no excuse to not be eating them in the cold.
Gosh, I can never believe just how much colder it is in Alberta than over here. I just want a little snow, but sadly Victoria is objecting to the coldness. We did get all the way to -1 the other day which was a big deal;)
Yep, I can relate to those Sephora indulgences. And embarrassingly enough I own all those products you have shown ha. They all are pretty good stuff too!
Lisa recently posted..The UpdateMy Profile

69 Heather Murphy February 10, 2014 at 10:14 am

I need to get better about emails! Sometimes I just get overwhelmed and refuse to check it, which leads to more anxiety- I know I’m crazy, it’s just email, but I’m not good at it..
Heather Murphy recently posted..Weekly Workout Schedule 2/10- 2/16My Profile

70 meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles February 10, 2014 at 10:18 am

I love that nail polish – I have been wanting it for my toes for a while now! Current song – Talk Dirty by Jason Derulo…I hate complaining about the weather here when I am reminded just how much colder it is by you – I can’t even relate nor do I want to try.
meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles recently posted..Mighty Maple Is Back In My PantryMy Profile

71 Kelsey @ Ramblings of Change February 10, 2014 at 10:20 am

1) We’ve been rocking out to Talk Dirty for a few days now…the music gets Matt and I up and dancing!
2) Sleeping in…
3) Food rut right now – but I’m LOVING sweet potatoes more than usual…
4) THE COLD WEATHER. I think we will be breaking a record tonight if the temp is below 0. Sad right?! I need warmth soon!
5) Obsession?! My four days off this weekend for my birthday this weekend! I am planning so much relaxation and fun! Oh, and shopping for iPhone cases and CrossFit gear online.
Kelsey @ Ramblings of Change recently posted..Thinking Out Loud / #2My Profile

72 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 10, 2014 at 1:16 pm

Birthday?!?! EEE! You had best be celebrating Birthday Week already!!

73 Hedda February 10, 2014 at 11:32 am

Love these posts, Amanda ^_^

Song . . . I See Fire by Ed Sheeran. L.o.v.e. Makes me cry every time I listen to it, but it is beautiful. Just beautiful.

Guilty pleasure . . . Hm hm. Books. Woop. I just can’t go into a bookstore without taking a book or two with me home. They stick to me like glue. Can’t help it.

Food . . . Spring rolls drowned in almond butter or tahini. Hearty sandwiches. Pasta with lots of cheese. Your muffins. Nuts, nuts, nuts. Did I say pasta?

Bane of existence . . . Gratitude. Deep gratitude for being alive.

Obsession . . . Now, this is a tricky one. My dog. Yes, I am obsessed with my furball.

Much love your way xo

74 Ashlee@HisnHers February 10, 2014 at 11:53 am

Omggggg and Ive been complaining about our 30 temps. I would die.
I love that nail color!

75 Caitlin February 10, 2014 at 12:05 pm

Yay!!!! So excited to hear that you get to see your man soon :) such a good feeling!!!

Ok…song: Timber (embarrassing but true) and Burn (gets me pumped to run :P )
Guilty pleasure: see song above or keeping up with the kardashians (pretty sure I’m officially hooked)
Food: chocolate and oats
Bane of existence: cold and ice
Obsession: modcloth and sephora…i need the funds to purchase what I want :(
Caitlin recently posted..Tag It TooMy Profile

76 Kim February 10, 2014 at 12:34 pm

So glad you’ll be seeing the man soon! Though distance stinks, the hello’s always feel SO amazing! I go through phases with Pinterest too. Right now, I’m on a hiatus.
Kim recently posted..A Glimpse Inside the Beginnings of Infertility TestingMy Profile

77 Arman @ thebigmansworld February 10, 2014 at 1:06 pm

Can you update my music too? I don’t think I’ve listened to a full song in ages….oops. And my top 25 most played are from like 2005.

I think you need to organise the passport STAT. Not for Italy though. Although if the process is ANYTHING like here, it will take for-ev-er.

Haha, the chocolate craving. Is that the same bar as last night :p And 3 smoothies in a day? Okay, you’re clearly hiding somewhere down South.
Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted..MIMM- Giveaway of randomnessMy Profile

78 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 10, 2014 at 1:24 pm

Our passport process isn’t actually that bad. The worst is the picture-taking, and that’s mostly because they don’t let you smile, which of course only makes me want to burst out laughing.

And I’m currently hanging out with a pack of kangaroos — how did you know??

79 Lucie@FitSwissChick February 10, 2014 at 1:12 pm

Lone Gunman by Social Siberia. Trust me on this one. And of course Wonderland by Sunrise Avenue – LIVE in 2 days!! :-)
Bane of existence is my current stressful job – I’m so ready for my vacation and to get some time to take real care of my blog again :-(
Lucie@FitSwissChick recently posted..Marvelous in my Monday – Weekend BlissMy Profile

80 Cassie February 10, 2014 at 1:14 pm

I currently have a bag of chocolate chips next to me that I was just munching on,
Cassie recently posted..friday favorites #12My Profile

81 Julianne February 10, 2014 at 1:37 pm

I’m obsessed with dried dates and peanut butter. Try it with almond butter! It’s basically AB&J sans bread ;)

82 Cori @ olivetorun February 10, 2014 at 2:32 pm

Girl you need to move… those temperatures are not fair to any human being. North Carolina is nice… just saying. :)
Cori @ olivetorun recently posted..An Update: An Interview With MyselfMy Profile

83 Aimée @ The Healthy Petite February 10, 2014 at 3:09 pm

Your Sunday night dinner looks so delicious! Do you think you can convince your Mum to start a food blog (; Is the grain buckwheat?
Aimée @ The Healthy Petite recently posted..Spill it Sunday #1 and Week PlannerMy Profile

84 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 10, 2014 at 7:07 pm

:lol: I don’t think she has the patience for it… Although my picture-taking-habit HAS been rubbing off on her ;) And yup! It’s kasha, which is basically toasted buckwheat.

85 Hilary February 10, 2014 at 4:51 pm

Song: Nada, I am currently going through the same phase with music! I just can’t find anything I enjoy!
Guilty Pleasure: Boomchickapop Popcorn! It is so good!
Food: Oatmeal with loads of nutbutter and cacao nibs :)
Bane Of Existence: Totally with you with the cold and to add in the snow and well how about just winter in general!
Obsession: Running! I went through a phase where I could not stand to run more than 2 miles but I finally have found my way back! All I have been wanting to do is run, FINALLY!
Hilary recently posted..Don’t Let The Weather Control Your Workouts, Workout From Home!My Profile

86 Chelsea @ Chelsea's Healthy Kitchen February 10, 2014 at 5:10 pm

Haha I do the same thing where I skip through all the songs on my playlist. Which is why I’ve actually given up on using my iPod for now, and I just use Songza on my iPhone. I love the variety of playlists I can listen to depending on my mood! Right now I’m loving “Hey Brother” by Avicii.
Chelsea @ Chelsea’s Healthy Kitchen recently posted..Weekend kitchen storiesMy Profile

87 Jo @ Living Mint Green February 10, 2014 at 7:03 pm

I wanna know what your secret is. Does it an involve an island? Everytime I see that almond butter in Community Naturals, I think of you. I haven’t tried it yet, though – it’s so dang expensive!

I downloaded the Fault In Our Stars last night and so far I’m loving it! Apparently I wanted to be you yesterday because I made your pancakes AND downloaded that book. :)
Jo @ Living Mint Green recently posted..Allowing The Unexpected To HappenMy Profile

88 Natalie @ lovenataliemarie February 10, 2014 at 7:13 pm

I feel ya girl on the playlist! I need some new music, PRONTO. D:

That nail color looks faaaaaaabulous! ;)
That smoothie… that chocolate… that almond butter. OH MY.

You got me interesting in that book. :D
Sunday family dinners are the best.
Natalie @ lovenataliemarie recently posted..MIMM – What I NeededMy Profile

89 Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves February 10, 2014 at 7:49 pm

Ahh that dinner that you had with your mother looks so freakin’ delicious! And I’m really digging that nail color— classy yet sassy ;)
1) Current song: Shake My Hand by The Jakes — highly recommend this!!!
2) Current guilty pleasure: getting distracted by the Olympics
3) Current food: Dried figs with Greek yogurt!! I need to try them with peanut butter though…:)
4) Current bane of existence: the snow banks taking up the whole dang street
5) Current obsession: ….dried figs with Greek yogurt…
Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..I ♥ The Olympics {MIMM #23}My Profile

90 Irina February 10, 2014 at 8:08 pm

It’s just my mom, dad, sister, and I on this side of the ocean too so I totally share your feelings of blessing. I’ve come to appreciate them even more now that I live in New York, and the times I get to spend with them is sacred :) Oh and I spy kasha on your dinner plate! Mmm talk about classic Eastern European food! I have some sitting in my cupboard right now.

Don’t even get me started on dried fruit + nut butter. It’s insanely addictive! My favorite would have to be pb + dates…it’s the perfect mix of sweet and salty.
Irina recently posted..Frames From The Weekend 2/7/2014 – 2/9/2014My Profile

91 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 10, 2014 at 8:34 pm

AB + dates is a huge one for me as well. Have you tried a nut butter with dried figs? The seeds add just the perfect amount of crunch <3

92 Irina February 10, 2014 at 8:37 pm

YES! Amazing. My parents always have dried figs at home for some reason and they’re one of the first foods I reach for in the pantry when I come home. Prunes are delicious with nut butter as well, and oh my gosh so are apricots. I think the moral of the story here is dried fruit + nut butter = heaven :)
Irina recently posted..Frames From The Weekend 2/7/2014 – 2/9/2014My Profile

93 Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate February 10, 2014 at 11:19 pm

Ugh I went through a phase were I was obsessed with dried figs and almond butter. So. Darn. Good. Also, I need Sunday night dinners that look like that in my life.
Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate recently posted..Weekend Snapshots {1/10/14}My Profile

94 Laura February 11, 2014 at 4:25 am

Essie’s Leading Lady over Essie’s Fishnet Stocking looks AWESOME! It’s my valentines day nail-wear.

1) Song: I’m with you on the music front. Nothing really new in these parts. I have, however, been listening to Lana Del Ray’s “Video Games” on blast in my car. Because she just gets me.
2) Guilty Pleasure: Laying in bed for HOURS watching Breaking Bad. I finished the whole first season in one day. ONE. DAY.
3) Food: I’ve been obsessed with peanut butter crackers recently. Like the unhealthy Ritz ones. SO GOOD!
4) Bane of Existence: Uhhhh I can’t think of anything else but the weather here either. Not as bad as you but the snow keeps coming gahhh! Spring where are you??
5) Obsession: The Sims. Like…the computer game that was huge when we were kids. Well they have it for FREE for tablets and I can’t stop playing. Currently my boyfriend’s gay lover is cheating on him with me. Only in Simland….
Laura recently posted..Spill it, Sundays #4 (and my Boston adventure)My Profile

95 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 11, 2014 at 5:40 am

:lol: Can you believe that I’ve never actually played The Sims? It sounds like a blast, but I’m not sure I could handle another video game addiction. Free for tablets, you say… hmm.

96 Jenn@ Mark My Miles! February 11, 2014 at 4:46 am

I am a closet video gamer as well…
I am loving dried bananas with peanut butter!!!
Jenn@ Mark My Miles! recently posted..Training Talk Tuesday : VisualizeMy Profile

97 Mayra February 11, 2014 at 5:29 am

Hi Amanda!!

I’m from Brazil and I love your blog so much, as soon as I get to work and I turn on the computer and internet, I read some blogs and yours is always the first one!
I’m not a blogger, yet, cause I really wanted to start one since I’m a foodie and fitness lover as well, but I don’t have enough time yet, unfortunately!

Anyway, I see your relation and friendship to the other bloggers and I think it’s so nice!
I wanna start commenting in your posts even though I’m not a blogger yet :)

So here it goes:

1) … song: Oh it’s a brazilian song called “Logo Eu” by Jorge & Mateus – it’s a really addictive and nice song! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gmR2XfjztA
2) … guilty pleasure: dipping frozen bananas into a Maranatha Almond Butter jar and then drizzling it with honey, because you know… frozen bananas. and almond butter. honey. you get it.
3) … food: bananas and TEMAKIS… I just discovered my passion for japanese food (2 months ago I wouldn’t eat ANY fish… now I just want it everyday… mostly salmon…hmmm
4) … bane of existence: the HEAT in my city, São Paulo! It’s crazy, and they say it’s the hottest summer ever registered… I’m melting.
5) … obsession: watching Modern Family! I just started the 1st season 2 weeks ago and I’m already in the 3rd, loving it!!

Lots of love!

98 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 11, 2014 at 6:04 am

Thank you for your lovely comment, Mayra! Commenting on blogs is actually a great way to get a little more involved in the community if you don’t have time to start your own just yet. And I can’t even tell you how jealous I am of your heat! I know it comes with its annoyances as well, but it sounds wonderful with all this snow we’ve been getting…

99 Mayra February 11, 2014 at 10:15 am

Oh don’t be so jealous… It’s actually really serious, I can tell you, I’m used to the heat, I’m a brazilian, after all, but this thing that’s happening here… we need another name for it! hahahah

Oh, and since it’s snowy there I guess you could make some snow ice cream!! I MEAN IT, I actually heard of it for the first time yesterday, and that sounded amazing. Is it true it’s possible? Like… Making your own ice cream out of snow that’s falling in your backyard, is this real life?

100 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 11, 2014 at 5:33 pm

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of snow ice cream, but snow doesn’t taste too great on its own ;) If it did, we would live in one delicious place.

101 Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets February 11, 2014 at 6:27 pm

I’m right there with you on the smoothie train. Since mine are all fruit and spinach, I’m pretty sure it’s my body’s way to rehydrate in this very cold and very dry weather. I can’t wait to hear your news, especially since it involves seeing the man; my fingers are totally crossed for you.

My current song is….actually my phone is sans music right now, but I was singing “If you’re happy and you know it, clap your hands” earlier today. Don’t ask; I’ve got issues. :)
My current or really last meal was dinner: two spicy sweet potato and chickpea sliders with a creamy pesto dip (both of which were in my freezer) and some roasted broccoli with olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, S&P and Parmesan cheese. Delish!!
Current bane of my existence is I’ve been missing the gym. I normally go on my lunch hour at work and since I worked very little last week, I barely went and I’ve been too busy this week to make it there thus far. I plan to change that tomorrow. Cross your fingers for me.

With all this finger crossing, we’re bound to turn into pretzels…mmm chocolate covered pretzels. Sorry, see earlier note about my issues.

102 Cassie February 12, 2014 at 9:42 pm

Song: Anything from Bombay Bicycle Club. Check them out, they’re really good!
Guilty pleasure: Reading blogs instead of sleeping :)
Food: KABOCHA SQUASH & cottage cheese :)
Bane of existence: This cold!!
Obsession: See kabocha squash :)
Cassie recently posted..The Best Ten Minute Gluten Free Pizza CrustMy Profile

103 Molly@This Life Is Sparkling February 14, 2014 at 3:13 pm

Hey ya never know when you’ll need a passport. I found out 2 weeks ago I was going to London in less than a week. Now the trips over and I’m sad :( But anyway, I had to get an expedited passport and ending up getting it the same day. Score!
Molly@This Life Is Sparkling recently posted..Dream impossible dreamsMy Profile

104 Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli February 20, 2014 at 8:35 am

Ok, so I think I missed that makeup bag post…definitely need to check that out since you know, you’re like my go-to on girly makeup pretties! ;) So how was the book? I LOVE the story of Beauty and the Beast! Is it worth a trip to the library/bookstore? Oh and the food prop thing? Be careful…be very very careful! My addiction to plates and bowls and ALL THE PRETTY THINGS drowned out my OCD a lonnnnnnng time ago…and here I am running out of cabinet space and still not able to reign it in! Ha! And as far as the passport thing goes…well, at least you HAVE one! Ugh, one of these days I’ll stop procrastinating! I must admit to being a little jealous of how often you get to see your folks. Mine are just 20 minutes down the road as well, but I realized today it’s been over a WEEK since I’ve seen them! :( Boo for non-coordinating work schedules!
Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli recently posted..Birthday Cake, Booty Burnin’, and Other Randomness!My Profile

105 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 20, 2014 at 9:29 am

The book was just -okay-. The story line was interesting, but I had trouble connecting with any of the characters and the ending was just… off. One book I CAN recommend for your next trip to the store, though? Red Rising. So.freaking.GOOD. Especially if you’re a fan of The Hunger Games.