. gluten-free snickerdoodle truffles .

by Amanda @ .running with spoons. on October 29, 2013

I think we can all agree that a warm kitchen is one of the most comforting places to be around this time of the year. The darker days melt away in the soft glow of a kitchen light, while the colder weather becomes an afterthought in the warmth that radiates from an oven. And if you’re not using an oven, as is the case in today’s recipe? Well then you can take advantage of the ease and convenience of no-bake baking and enjoy your treat alongside a warm drink while you’re curled up on the couch. It’s what I would do (read: what I did) anyways.

Gluten Free Truffles

I hope you don’t mind me posting a recipe that’s probably better suited for the spring or summer, but I got the idea of truffles in my head and didn’t want to wait until next spring to make them — I even walked to the store in close to freezing temperatures just to pick up a bar of white chocolate, and it was so.very.worth it. I suppose I could’ve used more seasonally appropriate sprinkles, but this was the only available option at the store I was at, and I wasn’t about to make another trek through the Arctic to find different ones.

Gluten Free Truffle

Besides, snickerdoodles have cinnamon, and cinnamon is a fall food, so I’m not completely off the mark… right?? And even if I am, I have a feeling you’ll forgive me my flippant treatment of seasonal eating after just one bite…

Snickerdoodle Truffles

Gluten-Free Snickerdoodle Truffles
Prep time
Total time
Yields: 12 truffles
  • 1.5 cups of crumbled gluten-free snickerdoodle cookies (I used Udi's)
  • 3.5 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
  • 3.5 oz white chocolate
  • gluten-free sprinkles
  1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
  2. Using a blender, food processor, or your hands (depending on how soft your cookies are), process snickerdoodles until they become very fine crumbs. Add in cream cheese and mix until fully combined. The dough should be moist enough to hold together when you press it into a ball.
  3. Using a tablespoon, shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place onto parchment lined baking sheet. Freeze for ~30 minutes.
  4. Melt white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, stirring periodically to ensure no clumps remain.
  5. Using a toothpick, dip each ball into melted white chocolate, gently tapping side of bowl to remove any excess. Place back onto parchment-lined baking sheet and immediately top with sprinkles. Repeat until all truffles have been coated.
  6. Refrigerate for ~15 minutes, or until the chocolate has set.
  7. Store truffles in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, or freeze for up to 1 month.

Snickerdoodle Truffle

Gluten Free Snickerdoodle Truffles

Gluten Free Snicker Truffle

I have to be honest with you guys — this may just be the most dangerous recipe I’ve ever made. Between”quality testing” both the pre-coated dough and the final product, I somehow managed to make at least 1/4 of the batch disappear within the span of… an hour? And I think I deserve a pat on the back for being able to stop at that! I mean, between the smooth and creamy interior, and the subtly crunchy chocolate shell, I basically stood no chance. None at all.

I used gluten-free cookies (Udi’s snickerdoodles) for these, but feel free to use any kind of snicker doodle or sugar cookie if you don’t need them to be gluten-free. I also opted for white chocolate for the shell because I didn’t want the taste of cocoa overpowering the taste of cinnamon and sugar. Good choice. I wasn’t sure I’d liked white chocolate, but dang — it tastes better than I remember!ย And if you don’t have sprinkles, you can combine 1 Tbsp. of sugar with 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon and sprinkle the truffles with that, but I have to say that I highly recommend the sprinkles — they just make life better ๐Ÿ˜€

Happy Tuesday, friends! This week has been crazy so far, but I’m glad to be rid of the funk that was hanging over met last week. I hope you guys are doing well too!

Do you like white chocolate?
What was the last sweet treat you ate?

Disclaimer: This recipe was made as a part of Udiโ€™s Fall Comfort campaign. Udi’s sent me the Fall Comfort package free of charge. All thoughts/opinions expressed are my own.

1 Corinne October 29, 2013 at 6:01 am

These look amazing. I’ve had M&Ms for dinner tonight – at work late … And am at risk of a sugar crash. Might need to make these when I get home to keep me afloat :)
Corinne recently posted..MIMM #1 : Itโ€™s arrived!My Profile

2 Kelly @ Femme Fitale October 29, 2013 at 6:21 am

I just ate a square of chocolate (well, maybe 3), which pales in comparison to these bad boys!!! Hahah, my food somehow disappears during quality testing as well. Also, cinnamon is on my radar 12 months of the year, so I guess that means so are these snickerdoodle balls of deliciousness. I never eat white chocolate, so this might be a good excuse to broaden my horizons.
Kelly @ Femme Fitale recently posted..Being โ€˜Suzyโ€™My Profile

3 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 29, 2013 at 11:39 am

Never ever? Ohh girl, you’re definitely missing out! It’s kind of false advertising since there’s absolutely nothing chocolatey about it, but it’s a nice change once in a while. I definitely recommend getting your hands on a Hershey’s Cookies ‘n’ Cream bar if you can.

4 Becky @ Olives n Wine October 29, 2013 at 6:24 am

Confession… I’ve never been the biggest fan of snickerdoodles. I think it’s because I always expected them to taste like a Snickers bar as a kid and it just never panned out that way ๐Ÿ˜‰ I was thinking that these looked quite Easter-esque so it’s funny that you mentioned the sprinkles, hehe :) I’m definitely going to have to try these with a sugar cookie, anything to do with a truffle is pretty much amazing!
Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted..#8 Treat Yourself Tuesday {TYT}My Profile

5 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 29, 2013 at 11:40 am

Butโ€ฆ butโ€ฆ the swirls of cinnamon and sugar!! ๐Ÿ˜› I think I love snickerdoodles so much because they remind me of Cinnamon Toast Crunch, which is basically the best food there is.

6 Nicole @ FruitnFitness October 29, 2013 at 6:29 am

I love snickerdoodles, they are for sure one of my top favorite cookies! I have never made cookie truffles like this. An old coworker of mine always used to bring in oreo ones, they were always a big hit. I’m worried if I tried to make them they would look horrible and not perfect like these.
Nicole @ FruitnFitness recently posted..saving the best for lastMy Profile

7 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 29, 2013 at 11:41 am

Confession: putting sprinkles on things instantly makes them look 100x better ๐Ÿ˜‰

8 Khushboo October 29, 2013 at 6:39 am

Snickerdoodles AND white chocolate?? I die!! These look so yum and I love the colorful sprinkles. Maybe it’s not appropriate for fall, but I appreciate the extra color :-). As a vanilla lover, I am also a huge white chocolate fan. I can only handle small amounts at a time as it’s quite soon. Have you tried white chocolate kit kats? Too.die.for!

9 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 29, 2013 at 11:43 am

I haven’t! I’m pretty sure that I’ve seen it somewhere, but I can’t remember where. I’ll be keeping my eyes open for it!

10 Liz S. October 29, 2013 at 6:45 am

It’s dangerous in the best way possible ๐Ÿ˜€ And I LOVE white chocolate – it’s so underrated.

11 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 29, 2013 at 6:46 am

So I don’t think I’ve ever had a snickerdoodle. Not one that I can remember, anyways…is that a really bad thing? I’d definitely break that with these truffles though, how can you go wrong with anything dipped in white chocolate and coated in sprinkles? (obviously, I can’t resist the sprinkles bit).
As for chocolate, I don’t discriminate…I have my favourites, but really I’ll eat any kind ๐Ÿ˜‰ And the last sweet I ate was a slice of ice cream cake from my freezer…so good.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Squid Ink Pasta with Shrimp in a White Wine and Garlic Sauce.My Profile

12 Kim@hungryhealthygirl October 29, 2013 at 6:50 am

Yummo! Snickerdoodle is totally a Fall flavor!
Kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..The Ninja Ultima Blender and a Pumpkin Pie SmoothieMy Profile

13 Alex @ Kenzie Life October 29, 2013 at 6:53 am

I always forget how much I like white chocolate until I have it! These. Look. Awesome. After recreating several of your recipes I have no doubts that any you post will be fantastic :)
Alex @ Kenzie Life recently posted..The Right Way To Use ComparisonsMy Profile

14 Lucie October 29, 2013 at 6:54 am

These do sound dangerous indeed! I think they wouldn’t make it in front of my camera lense, they’d be eaten before that! Pretty they are – and I LOVE white chocolate!
Lucie recently posted..Letโ€™s try again โ€“ Chocolate Apple Mini CakesMy Profile

15 Ang @ Nutty for Life October 29, 2013 at 6:58 am

The darker days melt away in the soft glow of a kitchen light” << Yes. That describes how I feel every winter/fall night perfectly. I just could never find the right words to describe how it looks to myself! These look delightful. I love snickerdoodles (which I didn't realize until last Christmas) but these sound like a great adaptation to the Oreo balls you make with cream cheese and crushed cookies.
Ang @ Nutty for Life recently posted..Nola [Day 2]My Profile

16 Jessie October 29, 2013 at 7:10 am

I’d be popping these like a drug addict pops pills. Just imaging them dipped in White chocolate almond butter gives me butterflies =)

17 Kim October 29, 2013 at 7:12 am

Those look delicious and like the kind of “baking” I actually enjoy!!! My boys would love them!!
Kim recently posted..The Ebb and Flow of FriendshipsMy Profile

18 Ksenija @ With An Open Mind October 29, 2013 at 7:22 am

Nothings wrong with truffles in fall! I bet these cute little sprinkled poppers are exactly the right thing to accompany a hot cacao with melty marshmallows. Oh man, now I really want to start making cake pops.
Ksenija @ With An Open Mind recently posted..Energy Seed Cookies {vegan, paleo and gluten free}My Profile

19 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 29, 2013 at 11:46 am

Can you believe that I’ve never had a cake pop? And that this was my first time having truffles, too? My dessert life is far too sheltered…

20 Lindsay @ Lindsay Weighs In October 29, 2013 at 7:25 am

Oh my gosh, I need to make this like yesterday. When you teased this with the Instagram picture yesterday I knew I was going to like them! Snickerdoodles are one of my favorites. Yep, making these ASAP. Treat yourself Tuesday, right? :)
Lindsay @ Lindsay Weighs In recently posted..A New Day, A New WeekMy Profile

21 Melissa October 29, 2013 at 7:26 am

Yum! They look great and I love all the ingredients!
Melissa recently posted..To Be Grateful: Appreciating the Small ThingsMy Profile

22 Alex@Veggin' Out October 29, 2013 at 7:30 am

Summer, fall, winter… you don’t need any excuses to make truffles, they’re 100% appropriate at any time of the year ๐Ÿ˜‰ And I’m on board with you about the whole cinnamon and the holidays thing. I wonder how these would be with pumpkin cream cheese instead of regular cream cheese?! I might just have to test that out sometime…
Thank you for posting such an incredible, mouthwatering recipe!!
Alex@Veggin’ Out recently posted..Half Marathon Recap!My Profile

23 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 29, 2013 at 11:53 am

Pumpkin cream cheese actually sounds pretty incredibleโ€ฆ Although I would probably add a little extra cinnamon so that it didn’t mask the flavour of the snickerdoodles too much.

24 Parita @ myinnershakti October 29, 2013 at 7:58 am

I’m sitting next to my mom right now, and she said she wishes she could go into the computer scrren and pick a truffle to eat! I guess that means I have to make these for her soon! Not that I mind. They look so delicious…and simple. My kind of recipe :) And now I’m think of what other kinds of cookies I can transform – dangerous!

25 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat October 29, 2013 at 7:59 am

These truffles sound amazing and they look so pretty too! I’m not always a fan of white chocolate on its own – I find it too sweet, but if it’s mixed into something or coating something like this, I like it much more. I’m definitely wishing I was home instead of at work right now, so I could buy the ingredients and make them! ๐Ÿ˜‰

And, I totally agree with you on being in the kitchen this time of year! I do most of my baking around the fall/winter season, and one of the things I love to do is open the oven to let the warm air into the room once I take the baked item out. Somehow this is so comforting for me!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Treat Yourself Tuesday #3My Profile

26 meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles October 29, 2013 at 8:10 am

I don’t love white chocolate but I do eat it – just prefer dark or milk instead. These look so yummy, so cute and so simple. I love making truffles and when I have the patience, I make them in cupcake shapes using a candy mold.
meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles recently posted..Three Tip Tuesday- Saving Money on Your Workout ApparelMy Profile

27 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl October 29, 2013 at 8:10 am

I honestly never thought these would only include 4 ingredients. They look way fancier than that. But I LOVE a simple recipe, and this looks like a darn good one. I have a feeling that once I started eating these, though, that I definitely would not be able to stop! Also, why is it that sprinkles make everything better? They are just so fun, right? I must still be a kid at heart! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Strawberry Banana Oatmeal PancakesMy Profile

28 Robyn @thereallife_RD October 29, 2013 at 8:24 am

Oh my my, I would totally sacrifice a belly ache for these. I love white chocolate dare I say better than chocolate. And I totally agree, there is nothing better than baking on a chilly Sunday morning in your robe with a cup of coffee. Have a fantastic day pretty lady!
Robyn @thereallife_RD recently posted..carrot cake cupcakes with caramel cream cheese frostingMy Profile

29 Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food October 29, 2013 at 8:24 am

I do love snickerdoodles! I’ve never been a huge white chocolate fan cause it’s so sweet, but I bet these wouldn’t be too sweet. They look so good!
Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food recently posted..Time For New ShoesMy Profile

30 Davida @ The Healthy Maven October 29, 2013 at 8:47 am

I’m making these with my homemade pumpkin snickerdoodles. I kind of had a freak out when I saw these in IG. Brilliant! and so easy!!!
Davida @ The Healthy Maven recently posted..Roasted Rosemary Butternut SquashMy Profile

31 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 29, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Pumpkin snickerdoodles?! This is a thing?! Couldn’t you have told me that yesterday before I got around to no-baking these? ๐Ÿ˜›

32 Cassie October 29, 2013 at 9:11 am

This is such a fun idea… I’ve never seen snickerdoodle truffles!

I love the candy corn M&Ms which are allegedly white chocolate. Last sweet treat… some Thindictives… I was so hungry from waking up early and not loving my smoothie I needed a snack before lunch!
Cassie recently posted..So, You Need a Last Minute Halloween CostumeMy Profile

33 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health October 29, 2013 at 9:18 am

AMANDA. These look incredible! I love snickerdoodles and I can’t even imagine them in truffle form. Seriously, I think my mind is about to explode. Yes, I definitely commend you for stopping at 1/4…I wouldn’t have had that much self control!
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..Best-Ever Black Bean Soup with Cilantro-Lime RiceMy Profile

34 Lauren October 29, 2013 at 9:35 am

Thankfully, I do not like white chocolate at all or I would be SCA-ROOD with this recipe. These look delish, though, Amanda! And snickerdoodles are definitely a holiday cookie so these fit perfectly into this season!
Lauren recently posted..switching it up + eagles gameMy Profile

35 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 29, 2013 at 12:08 pm

You could always just leave the white chocolate out ๐Ÿ˜‰ Even just mixing cookie crumbs with cream cheese is surprisingly delicious.

36 Christine@munchkinmumbles October 29, 2013 at 9:58 am

ummmm yum! Thanks so much for sharing and I might have to make those this weekend! I used to be a white chocolate only kind of girl. But if chocolate is in the name it will disappear in a twinkling ๐Ÿ˜‰
Last sweet treat was a palm full of semi-sweet chocolate chips. I was too lazy to actually turn them into a baked good!
Christine@munchkinmumbles recently posted..MIMM #2My Profile

37 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 29, 2013 at 12:09 pm

I’ve definitely been there ๐Ÿ˜‰ That and eating bakers chocolate squares out of desperation when nothing else was available.

38 Amy @ The Little Honey Bee October 29, 2013 at 10:02 am

These are adorable!! Perfect for Easter (coming from the Jew over here hah)

39 lindsay October 29, 2013 at 10:36 am

oh my gosh, youre killing me here…. NEED.. not want… NEED
lindsay recently posted..A lesson in Dreaming Big –> Live them OUT LOUDMy Profile

40 Christina @ the athletarian October 29, 2013 at 10:46 am

Yes I loooooooove white chocolate!!
And the last sweet I ate…hmm can’t remember! Toss up between coffee crisp, reese PB cup, and oh henry! I ate like a million halloween-sized ones and can’t remember which was the last one in my mouth. OOPS.
Christina @ the athletarian recently posted..Rain makes you run fasterMy Profile

41 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 29, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Easily the best part about Halloween candy — being able to get a taste of lots of different candies without having to commit to a full-sized one.

42 Kaila @healthyhelperblog! October 29, 2013 at 10:49 am

These look so pretty Amanda! Like cake pops almost! And the pastel colored sprinkles remind me of easter! They’d be perfect for a family get together!

43 Rachel @ Running Rachel October 29, 2013 at 11:12 am

Yum! If I had a Pinterest, I would “pin,” but instead I’ll just write this down on loose-leaf and get to work on making sure these get whipped up in my kitchen soon. I love love love white chocolate, it’s second only to dark chocolate, and definitely beats milk chocolate. My favorite cookies are white-chocolate-reese’s-filled-peanut-butter cookies (with gf flour, of course), and I agree that the white chocolate works great with cinnamon flavors, and avoids overpowering the delicate flavors of snickerdoodles (second favorite cookies, btw).

Seriously, great idea. And so easy! I’m glad you’re over your funk too, especially if it means your creative mind starts thinking up tasty things like this! Thank you!
Rachel @ Running Rachel recently posted..Why Rest Days are HardMy Profile

44 Ashlee@HisnHers October 29, 2013 at 11:27 am

I was hoping when I saw your IG picture that this was an easy recipe because they look SOOOO good. I dont think the recipe could get any easier! I cant wait to try these!

45 Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com October 29, 2013 at 11:40 am

Oh Gawwwsh!!! These truffles sound like trouble! And, from MY history with YOUR recipes, they are probably HIGHLY addictive! This easy recipe list of yours isn’t making things easier on me….
These look GORGEOUS – cinnamon and white chocolate are a perfect combo – regular chocolate would have had a conflict of interest with the cinnamon for sure! I do love white chocolate, but the fact that it isn’t full of the good stuff found in dark chocolate, limits my freestyle eating of it!
Sweet thing I ate was one of my 3 layer bars last night…recipe coming soon….
Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com recently posted..October Link Luv Line Up!My Profile

46 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 29, 2013 at 4:42 pm

๐Ÿ˜† I’m glad I’m not the only one who justifies eating chocolate for the health benefits ๐Ÿ˜‰ And you better not be keeping these 3 layer bars a secret for too long!

47 Sarah Pie October 29, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Not only do these look amazing, who would have guessed that they could be so easy!! I know what I’m making for my family’s Thanksgiving now (though I may have to make a batch or 3 before then to ensure I get them right!)
Sarah Pie recently posted..WIR #26: Eat, run, and be merryMy Profile

48 Miss Polkadot October 29, 2013 at 1:41 pm

White chocolate definitely isn’t my favourite kind but I don’t discriminate so I wouldn’t mind you shipping me some ;). They look incredible and the non-seasonal sprinkles add a cute touch.
And really, why would cake truffles be a summer-only treat? Actually, I made my own cake pops for the first time ever for the past silvester party and truffles for Christmas. I clearly have no idea of seasonal treats – unless we’re talking Christmas cookies. Because having these all year round would make them less special and we can’t do that, right?!
Miss Polkadot recently posted..A naturally sweet celebration [Blogiversary giveaway]My Profile

49 Tilly October 29, 2013 at 2:31 pm

These just might be my favourite recipe you have ever posted- big white choc fan! These look so pretty too! Definitely would help de-funk a funky day ๐Ÿ˜‰ I am going o ther store to get really creamy cream cheese (what kind did you use?) and making these ASAP- I need a bit of de-funking :) xoxo

50 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 29, 2013 at 4:44 pm

I used regular fat organic cream cheese from Olympic.

51 Tilly October 29, 2013 at 8:08 pm

Thanks Amanda- I’m using some of the cream cheese I got on a bagel right now with honey- good combo right there! But I have a feeling the snicker doodle white chocolate cream cheese combo will slightly hedge it out xo

52 Rachel @ Undercover Diva: A Sitcom October 29, 2013 at 2:45 pm

I don’t really like white chocolate. It’s too sweet for me…and there’s not really any chocolate in it! It’s all sugar and milk (I learned that at a chocolate factory this summer). I love DARK chocolate. Darker the better. I had a mini candy bar with lunch today. Super delish :)
Rachel @ Undercover Diva: A Sitcom recently posted..Crispy Eggplant TacosMy Profile

53 Sara @ fitcupcaker October 29, 2013 at 3:42 pm

yum, these look amazing…obviously I love snickerdoodle, and I made snickerdoodle cupcakes yesterday!! Great minds think alike!
Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Mountain Mambo Pumpkin BitesMy Profile

54 Jess(ica) @CookingIsMySport October 29, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Do I like white chocolate?

Is this even a question? I.LOVE.WHITE.CHOCOLATE. LoveloveLOVE white chocolate. I love white chocolate more than I love ‘actual’ chocolate! lol Hershey’s Cookies and Cream is my favorite candy bar (it shares a spot with Snickers, but given the choice, the white chocolate will always win)

Another thing I love: snickerdoodles. Putting them together though? GENIUS. These look amazing, needless to say. Well done you!

Last sweet thing I ate? I’m currently hooked on these no bake ‘bars’ that I make with quick oats, Honey Bunches of Oats cereal, honey, and nut butter. I just mix everything up, refrigerate it for a while, then cut ’em up. They’re SOOOOO GOOOOOD. I’m playing around with different nut butters, cereals, and extracts to mix up the flavors- they’re the perfect thing to eat when I’m in need of something sweet post-dinner.

Jess(ica) @CookingIsMySport recently posted..Texas Roadhouse RollsMy Profile

55 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 29, 2013 at 7:18 pm

White chocolate is definitely underrated — and Cookies ‘n’ Cream used to be one of my absolute favourite candy bars. I haven’t had one in forever, so I’m thinking I have to refresh my memory.

56 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries October 29, 2013 at 4:33 pm

OH MY! How delicious do these look?! I LOVE snicker doodle cookies, so I have no doubt these would be a favorite.
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Coffee DateMy Profile

57 Catherine @ foodiecology October 29, 2013 at 4:50 pm

These look awesome! I can’t wait for my next grocery trip just so I can buy some snicker doodles. Yum!!
Catherine @ foodiecology recently posted..A Marvelous Weekend in NOLAMy Profile

58 Arman @ thebigmansworld October 29, 2013 at 5:01 pm

So I just had to google what a snickerdoodle was….I thought it was a snickers bar with a dirty mind… :s

This recipe. Ok, coming from someone who has made multiple batches of the almond fudge, I’ll need to give this a go purely to test the dangerous theory ๐Ÿ˜‰ Although subbing the snickerdoodles for something else!

PS- I think I don’t mind being a ‘later’ commenter- I’ve developed a habit of reading blogs during my breakfast and spoons being one of them- I think it’ll be against tradition to read it before bed.
Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted..5 reasons why my body will never look like Channing Tatumโ€™sMy Profile

59 Jo @ Living Mint Green October 29, 2013 at 5:10 pm

OH MY GOD, these look awesome. I love white chocolate. Esp Green & Black white chocolate vanilla bar.
Jo @ Living Mint Green recently posted..Things Iโ€™ve Realized Latelyโ€ฆMy Profile

60 Sarah @ Feeeding the Brain and Body October 29, 2013 at 6:03 pm

These look so delicious and I love that there is cream cheese in them! I bet they taste fantastic. I am glad you didn’t wait until spring to post these, although they may look spring like I am sure they can be transformed to look holiday like. Silver balls installs of sprinkles would make them look like winter wonderland truffles :)
Sarah @ Feeeding the Brain and Body recently posted..Puff Protein Bread – with zucchini factsMy Profile

61 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 29, 2013 at 7:20 pm

I probably could have thrown some pumpkin in the mix, but I was honestly afraid to hide the snicker doodle flavour — it’s just too good!

62 Maria @ Little Miss Cornucopia October 29, 2013 at 6:23 pm

the thing i love most about snickerdoodles is the actual name itself lol. snicker. doodles. how fun is that?! these little babies paint the picture of fun perfectly!

63 Chelsea @ Chelsea's Healthy Kitchen October 29, 2013 at 7:20 pm

Oh my gosh, these look so good! I seriously adore white chocolate. And snickerdoodles. So obviously these are kind of perfect. Are those Udi’s cookies available in Canada?

The last sweet treat I had was sorbet with whipped cream for dessert at the dietetics conference I was at yesterday. All the snacks and lunch were provided that day – it was awesome. I think I could definitely get used to going to those kinds of conferences haha.
Chelsea @ Chelsea’s Healthy Kitchen recently posted..A Fresh realizationMy Profile

64 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 29, 2013 at 8:43 pm

They should be! I’m pretty sure I’ve seen them in the speciality section of a few grocery stores. And if you can’t find those, then the soft cookies from Enjoy Life would probably make a pretty good substitute.

65 Emily October 29, 2013 at 8:08 pm

Um, truffles are acceptable year-round. Just sayin’. (:

I’m a white chocolate fanatic. I always have been, actually. And cinnamon…well, we all know how 99% of bloggers feel about cinnamon. You can count me in that percentage, of course.
Thank you for trekking through the arctic to make this recipe a reality- we’re all very, very thankful that you did!
Emily recently posted..a bigger futureMy Profile

66 Ari @ Ari's Menu October 29, 2013 at 9:44 pm

Amanda why do you have to go and ruin my whole night by making ridiculously amazing snickerdoodle truffles that I will NEVER be able to get out of my brain until I make them? Uggghhh, totally in love. And by “ruin my night” I mean “be awesome”. :)
Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..Roasted Cauliflower SoupMy Profile

67 Melissa @ Fit 'n' Well Mommy October 29, 2013 at 11:32 pm

Though I’m not much of a white chocolate fan, your truffles look amazing! They would be perfect with a cup of hot cocoa! I love making truffles with my mother-in-law for the holidays, so we might have to make some white chocolate ones!
Melissa @ Fit ‘n’ Well Mommy recently posted..Pregnancy Update โ€“ 24 Weeks!My Profile

68 Jan @ Sprouts n Squats October 30, 2013 at 2:47 am

I wish we had those cookies here in Australia even the name sounds phenomenal!!

Today I had a caramello koala an Australian fun size chocolate bar shaped like a koala where essentially his belly is filled with caramel <<<amazing!!
Jan @ Sprouts n Squats recently posted..Food glorious foodMy Profile

69 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 30, 2013 at 5:37 am

Not only does it sound amazing, but ridiculously cute as well. I’m adding that to the list of things I need to experience when I make my [eventual] way over there.

70 Laura October 30, 2013 at 4:16 am

I am QUEEN of cookie dough balls. Whenever there is a party, everyone just ASSUMES I’m bringing some for of them. Chocolate chip, peanut butter, oreo, chocolate chip peanut butter….you name it. I spent a longgg time sitting around trying to think of a different flavor to make, but I ended up not being able to think of anything. I can’t believe I didn’t think snicker doodle! Silly, silly me.

Looks scrumptious! (That word isn’t used nearly as much as it should be)
Laura recently posted..A Walk Through the WoodsMy Profile

71 Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli October 30, 2013 at 5:28 am

I am ashamed to admit that as many times as I’ve seen (and made) Oreo truffles, I have never ONCE thought of making them with other cookies! You, my friend, are a flippin’ genius! And I kinda like the springtime sprinkles! White chocolate is entirely UNDERrated…it just has to be paired with the right thing to help it shine…and you CANNOT go wrong with cinnamon and sugar!

Last treat I had was a piece of my coworker’s cranberry apple nut bread last night at work! It was SO good and stuffed to the max with fresh apple pieces! Loved it!
Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli recently posted..ORANGE Ya Glad Itโ€™s Wednesday?My Profile

72 Eating 4 Balance October 30, 2013 at 6:32 am

You could totally make these more seasonal looking with some orange food dye in the white outer coating and some of those adorable pumpkin and bat-shaped sprinkles that they have out around Halloween!

I don’t remember the last sweet treat I ate… I think last December I had some banana soft serve? Bahaha. It’s just been all meat and vegetables for me right now. I guess delicata or buttercup squash counts, right? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Such a gorgeous recipe though Amanda! Perfect for any time of the year. Especially Easter.
Eating 4 Balance recently posted..Paleo French Toast Sticks (WIAW)My Profile

73 Alexandra October 30, 2013 at 8:18 am

DUDEEEEEE I just died!!! Have to make these PRONTO! ๐Ÿ˜€ You’re a genius!

74 Elise @ 9toFit.com October 30, 2013 at 10:59 am

I’m jealous of all your awesome looking food. There I said it !

75 Andrea @Pencils and Pancakes October 30, 2013 at 4:43 pm

um YUM! I don’t know how you Canadians deal with the weather..and I live in upstate NY. I swear I was reading your blog and it was still snowing in April. Ick!!
Andrea @Pencils and Pancakes recently posted..WIAW: Easy Dinner SidesMy Profile

76 Liz @ Carpe Diem and Run October 30, 2013 at 7:06 pm

Wow those look incredible!
Liz @ Carpe Diem and Run recently posted..Workout Wednesday (10/30)My Profile

77 natalia October 30, 2013 at 8:51 pm

hey amanda, just want to let you know that even though i’m no longer a food blogger myself, i come home everyday looking forward to reading what you have to say – your posts are wonderful :)

78 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 31, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Awwr well thank you, Natalia! That’s super sweet of ya ๐Ÿ˜€

79 Josie October 31, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Your recipe is ingenious and photos are gloriously beautiful. Other than that, I’m pretty much speechless (except for those words) ๐Ÿ˜€ Though I’ve ever dip chocolate in any desserts, but this white chocolate coating look so purrty that I might just have to try dipping with white chocolate soon. Lovin’ your blog!

80 Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets November 1, 2013 at 7:20 pm

Very nice. The funk has been lifted. And it’s no wonder. These look like afternoon delight. Light, fluffy and perfect with the sprinkles and white chocolate, which is fabulous. I remember too; fondly. I’d jump seasons for these.
Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted..These are a Few of My Favorite Things: OCD StyleMy Profile

81 Becky November 1, 2013 at 8:38 pm

These look so delicious! I have already pinned the recipe so I can make it soon. :)
Becky recently posted..Halloween ShenanigansMy Profile

82 KG November 2, 2013 at 11:59 am

So many foodies on the Sits linky today! I am officially STARVING! Thanks, guys!
I love snickerdoodles and those pics just made my mouth water.

Visiting from #SitsSharefest

Keep it Touched,
KG recently posted..Happy Halloween Friends!My Profile

83 Akaleistar November 3, 2013 at 9:02 am

That looks really good!
Akaleistar recently posted..Links ร  la Mode: The IFB Weekly RoundupMy Profile

84 AuntieEn November 15, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Just use red sprinkles or silver decos & they’re Christmassy! I may make these for the bake sale at our church Xmas bazaar!

85 Kim January 25, 2014 at 2:50 pm

Ahh need to make these!! I LOVE white chocolate. Especially anything white chocolate with peanut butter :)
Kim recently posted..Pumpkin PancakesMy Profile