Hello, hello from… somewhere on the road! We drove about 1200 km yesterday and ended up spending the night in Chilliwack, BC. Today we’ll be hoping on the ferry and heading on over to Victoria. Can.not.wait. I’ve been taking tonnes of pictures, but I’ll do a full recap when I get get back home and actually have a chance to go through all of them them. Until then, I have plenty of randomness to share with you guys instead 😉
1. Will you allow me a quick moment of gushing? Just one? Because…
… awwwr. I got a surprise bouquet of flowers from J a few days ago, and I couldn’t help but smile every time I looked at them — I just hope they’re still alive when I get back. The long distance thing definitely hasn’t been a walk in the park, but it’s little things like this that make it bearable. Awwwr. Okay, done gushing.
2. So it’s been a handful of years since I’ve gone on a road trip that had me driving more than 4 hours to get to where I wanted to go, and I have to say that, as difficult as it can be to sit still for so long, I’ll take driving over flying any day. Why? First of all, because the journey itself is half the fun. You miss out on a lot of interesting sights when you’re up in the clouds, and some of my fondest memories involve quirky road trip shenanigans. Second, because you don’t have to worry about what you pack. Liquids, apples, pepper spray… anything and everything goes. And if there’s not enough room in the suitcase, there’s plenty more in the back seat. 50 lbs. or less be damned.
3. Speaking of back seats, that’s exactly where I’ve been hanging out for the past couple of days when it’s not my turn to navigate. It’s not a bad deal, really. I mean, I have to share my leg room with some luggage, but it keeps to itself for the most part. My biggest complaint? Not being able to reach the knob on the radio. Let’s just say me and my parents do not share the same taste in music 😯
4. That being said, I’ve spent a good amount of time with headphones in my ears, and thanks to Lucie, I’ve been listening to this song pretty much non-stop. Ob.sessed.
I keep on driving like a crazy man without the headlights.
Racing somewhere I know I shouldn’t go.
So why do we do this? Why do we aim for spots we know that hurt the most?
Why do we do this?
5. When I haven’t been listening to music, I’ve been singing it. I got about halfway through 67 in the “99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall” song before I was told that if I wanted to continue singing, I could do so while walking the rest of the way. Rude. I’ve always wanted to make it from 99-0 😥
6. I’ve also always wanted to know that…
1. Dogs have feelings too!
2. But… but… they’re so fluffy and delicious!!
3. It’s good to know that my at-home studio sessions have been adding years to my life.
4. Appanrently, they do. Now that’s something they conveniently left off the ingredients list…
5. Ignorance is bliss… Ignorance is bliss… 😳
7. And here’s a random fact about me for ya – I only chew half a stick of gum at a time…
Why? Two reasons. First, I don’t find that I really need more than that, and second, the whole idea of chewing on a bunch of chemicals still kind of skeeves me out, so I try and limit my amount. Hey, whatever works, right? 😉
8. Another random fact? I really want a cat. It’s funny because I’ve always considered myself a dog person, and would go as far as to say that I really disliked cats back in the day, but I’ve really warmed up to the fuzzy felines over the past couple of years. It’s just too bad that I’m crazy allergic to them and will probably never be able to have one. Sad face.
9. Riddle me this… Why on earth does packed road trip food taste so.darn.good? I swear. I can be eating the most basic meal, or even food that I don’t necessarily like, and I’ll still think it’s the most amazing thing in the world…
10. So I currently have 1026 pictures on my phone… and a good chunk of them are food related. I really need to get better at regularly going through my albums and deleting the useless ones, but at least some of them are really pretty…
Happy Thursday, friends! 😀
. – . – . – .
How many pictures do you currently have on your phone?
Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli
Well, if you weren’t allergic, I’d totally hand over Tiger! Kidding!…kind of! Haha! Of course, you could always get you one of those super scary hairless cats! And then you could go to bed every night knowing that he’s watching you and waiting to steal your soul…or something like that! 😉
Those random facts get me EVERY time! Arsenic?! holy crap! And yeah, totally pretending I didn’t read that last one! But you should really get back to singing…just tell your parents it’s doctor prescribed! 😉 Oh and I love that song! Just heard it on Lucie’s blog earlier tonight!
Eating 4 Balance
You and my best friend are a lot alike in your gum chewing habits! She only chews half a stick of gum because it makes her throat sore. Lol. I used to split it with her but I’ve since broken that habit. The artificial chemicals were reason #1 for me, oh, and also because I had a *little* problem with chewing it too loud.
Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves
I chew half a stick of gum at a time too! It helps to make the pack of gum last longer too 😉
Jen from Sweden
DEF. A DOG-PERSON!!! CATS ARE…LET´S JUST SAY..SELFISH.. 😛
OM…ABOUT 150 MAYBE? I ORGANIZE A LOT! =)
I’m definitely a dog person but I love cats. I think I’m just better off liking other people’s cats than getting one of my own. I don’t like the whole walking over counters and food thing. I have a TON of pictures on my phone consisting of horrible selfies, Elmo, and food. I need to go through them ASAP… Along with the hundred useless ones on my computer.
Thank God I do not like in Oklahoma. I would be in jail for a very long time. Poor Elmo.
I’m 100% a dog person, but we currently have two cats. Don’t get me wrong, they are great company but they aren’t exactly FUN. Plus, I like getting greeted when I walk in the door…not a glance followed by a commencement of napping.
Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate
Aw those flowers, gush. I definitely prefer driving for that same ability to throw all my food in the back. Plus, that means easy grabbing access when you get hungry. 😉
I currently have 1076 photos on my phone. Yikes. and about 90% of them are of my chihuahua. So yes I am probably a dog person. Haha
Kelsey @ Ramblings of Change
Definitely a cat person! After getting attacked by my family’s dog, I have developed quite the fear. But really, I think I’ve always been a cat person! My favorite stuffed animal growing up was a TY white cat with a pink bow (her name was Crystal). I still have her to this day.
Alisha @ Alisha's Appetite
Those flowers from your hunnie are so gorgeous! You have every right to gush darling 🙂 Don’t you just love long car trips with your parents? And I agree….road trip food always tastes better for some reason- why is that?! Keep the gorgeous pictures coming because I’m seriously enjoying pretending I living your trip right now 😉
Chelsea @ Chelsea's Healthy Kitchen
1200 km?! Dang, that’s a long day in the car! I agree that I actually really like travelling by car though. I love seeing all the sights! Even though I bring books and magazines with me to read, I tend to spend most of my time just looking out the window anyways.
I’m 100% a dog person. I really want to get one when I know I’ll have more time to look after a dog.
Have fun in Victoria! 😀