Happy #thinkingoutloud Thursday! No idea what I’m going on about? Click here!
1. ALL the cookies! I’ve been on a bit of a baking spree with all this holiday goodness going around, and I’m currently on batch number I forget of Christmas cookies. This last one was a batch of these shortbread cookies, and they actually came out really well! The whole family loved them, and they really did remind me of traditional shortbread cookies in how buttery and crumbly-but-tender they came out.
2. Oh, and it feels 100% strange to use a recipe that isn’t my own after years and years of doing nothing but recipe testing and creation. Strange and kind of nice to have that break. That being said, I’m planning on bringing the recipes back to Spoons after the new year, so that’s kind of what I’ve been working on behind the scenes. Also… forgive the so-so cookie picture, but I definitely put less time and effort into trying to make recipes look “pretty” when I know I won’t be taking pictures of them for Spoons… which is basically exactly what I do with all of the food I eat. Don’t judge me.
3. On that note, what’s your favourite Christmas cookie? Because I think mine is honestly just plain old cut-out sugar cookies, but then I can never get myself to actually make them because I don’t want to deal with the whole ordeal of rolling out the dough, chilling it, cutting out shapes, etc. I need to get over it before Christmas though, because I want to do some serious cookie decorating in the coming days.
4. Speaking of Christmas, I get a mini one each month when my Ipsy bag shows up in my mailbox. I’ve been subbed to this for over a year now, and I seriously love it just as much now as I did when I first signed up. And I always seem to get baggies that I’m super happy with! This month we have a clay mask (love), gold eyeshadow, black gel liner, a cute brush, and a plumping lip gloss. The only problem I have is that I seriously don’t know what to do with all of the baggies I get… Kind of drowning in them.
5. Side note… I think I ate too many roasted potatoes for dinner tonight (so good!!) and I’m bordering on food coma right now. It’s too early for that, isn’t it? But I’m warming up for Christmas, I guess. Oof. I’m not sure if I should get up and try to walk it off or just pass out on the couch and let my stomach do it’s thing. Please digest!
6. This is me reminding myself that I need to go to DavidsTea when I do my last bit of Christmas shopping (today) to pick up some teas that I’ve been craving… The Spice Is Right and Apple Cider. So, so good. And I actually blame my tea Advent calendar from some random year for getting me hooked onto them… It was love at first sip.
7. And that’s that, friendly faces! I probably won’t get a chance to talk to you again before Christmas here on the blog, so I just wanted to wish you a very merry one and say that I hope yours is filled with as much love and amazingness as you can handle. Love you guys.
No questions! Just tell me whatever randomness comes to mind!
More places to find me!
E-mail — [email protected]
Twitter — runwithspoons
Facebook — runningwithspoons
Pinterest — runwithspoons
Instagram — runwithspoons
Bloglovin — runningwithspoons
Snapchat — runningspoons
Pubg Name Creator
nice and greatfull artical sir
Good morning Shayari
Nice Blog , admin
Thanks to this article I can learn more. Expand my knowledge and abilities. Actually the article is very real.
Get a great mattress from one of the best mattress brands Buy best matress online
Synchronization is most important process in every windows OS computer and here with this Online tutorial i am going to tell you sync your settings how to change the setting for this issue or what are the steps to follow if you need to synchronize your computer. Thank you!
so, was there a link for the shortbread cookies? Because I didn’t see one when I hovered. If you wouldn’t mind sharing…? 🙂 Thanks!
Amanda @ .running with spoons.
Sorry about that, Anne! These were the ones — https://www.unconventionalbaker.com/recipes/simple-gluten-free-vegan-shortbread-cookies/
Thank you!!!! I’ve been looking and looking for a shortbread recipe, and hope this might be The One. So good to see you posting again, btw. Thanks!
Amanda @ .running with spoons.
I hope you like them! My biggest tip is to not roll them out too thin or else your cookies will end up more crunchy than shortbread-y.
Well, I’m not the best roller, so this is good to hear! THANK YOU!
My favorite Christmas cookie is probably Gingerbread or Pecan Balls (a lot like wedding cookies).
Those shortbread cookies look so good!
I never judge you. 😉 CHecking in on you. Miss ya!
I am going to make some of your cookies for Christmas. I know I keep saying this but every time I come onto your blog, I develop a serious cookie craving
Patricia @Sweet and Strong
All about Christmas cookies, my favorites are probably snickerdoodles. I added chocolate chips to my batch this year, and omg they are so yummy!
Yes Sweetheart, Youre Right its Really Yummy.
Jess @ Jessica Cording Nutrition
Growing up, my favorite was always the cornflake Christmas wreaths. All the women in my family used to get together the day after Thanksgiving to bake Christmas cookies, but it hasn’t happened in a few years. I have done zero baking this season, but mostly because I haven’t had the occasion. When I used to work in the hospital, I had others to share stuff with, but after transitioning to being a full-time solo-preneur this year, there’s just nobody else around to enjoy it. Haha pros and cons.