1. True to form, yesterday’s eats were all about the protein and veggies after Tuesday’s cereal-and-sweet-fest. What’d I tell ya? It all balances out in the end… no need to plan things out so rigidly.
2. Is it just me, or did Easter come around ridiculously early this year? Maybe it’s the fact that we still have a good amount of snow on the ground and it looks more like Christmas than anything else, but wow… I can’t believe that the Easter Bunny will be visiting me this weekend (hint, HINT Mom… he WILL, right?)
3. Speaking of Easter, have you guys seen this Buzzfeed article about Easter Egg DIY’s? If not, I definitely recommend giving it a glance over if you’re in need of some fun decorating ideas. I’m kind of partial to these ones myself…
4. Okay, I have a very serious question that needs answering. Are you supposed to wash frozen fruit before you eat it? I’m really good about making sure my fresh fruit is washed (I even rinse melons and bananas before I cut into them), but I never bother rinsing my frozen fruit. Should I start? I have a feeling that the answer is probably yes, but frozen fruit is a lot less pleasant to eat after it’s been washed!
5. Speaking of unpleasant… I was super cold last night so I decided to take a hot shower before bed. Worst.decision.ever. I must have gotten way too hot or something because I could not fall asleep. I felt exhausted a little while after my shower, but I tossed and turned for hours when I lay down, alternating between feeling too hot and too cold. But the best part of all? I still woke up at 5 AM this morning… It’s going to be an interesting day. Bring on the coffee.
6. Guess who finally put their puzzle away!
It’s been what?… Something like two months since I finished that thing? And it’s been laying on my coffee table ever since. I didn’t want to take it apart since I put so much time putting it together, but I really had no idea what to do with it. Enter a brief “screw it” moment, and into the box it went. No regrets.
7. Something else that I should really get around to doing? Updating my iPhone…
Seeing those number on my home screen usually drives me nuts, but I… Actually, I have no idea why I haven’t done it yet. I’ll get around to it… eventually.
8. And the song of the week goes to…
9. I just finished the last sip of my favorite morning cup of tea. Sad face. But today is pretty much Friday and the start of a four-day weekend. Happy
10. Two more days. Until what? Well, Easter… AND! the start of season 3 of Game of Thrones. Squee! I came across this article on Thought Catalog the other day called “What your favorite Game of Thrones Character Says About You,” and apparently I’m “shy (but not cripplingly so), opinionated (but only offer your opinions when asked), stoic (but able to laugh at yourself) and, a hot girl. Yes, a hot girl.” Can’t complain!
. – . – . – .
Do you wash your frozen fruit?
I always wash my frozen fruits….I thought I was the only one hehehehe ….. Do it do it!!
And YES for game of thrones… Finallyyyyyyy 😀
I honestly hate it when easter comes in March…it NEVER feels like spring! One of my favorite things about Easter is that I always get a new dress to wear to church…but it’s hard to wear a dress when it’s freezing grrr. It’s gorgeous out in COlorado right now but back home in PA it’s gross too :-/. And washing frozen fruit….I’ve never thought about that! But I think most pre-packaged things are ready-to-eat…do they say on the label? Hmm. Interesting……let me know what the verdict is!
Emily @ Hungry Delights
Ahhh Winter is COMING! I am so exciting that season 3 is tomorrow! I find all the characters to be not that likeable but that is the whole point (that all people have their good/bad sides). Besides that, I like Tyrion, Daenerys and Aria the best.
PS I never wash any of my fruit/veggies except baby spinach. But I know Australia has pretty strict guidelines when it comes to fresh produce so I am probably not going to keel over.
Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin
I wish I was as good about washing my fruit as you are – I don’t even want to think about the bacteria and pesticides I’ve probably ingested from eating so much unwashed produce. 😛 I would imagine that frozen fruit would already be washed though… I think usually if a packaged fruit/vegetable needs to be washed, it would say so on the package (like I know salad greens in plastic containers usually say they need to be washed).
[email protected] for the Soul
Oh man now you have me sort of freaked out about the frozen fruit, hah! I’ve never thought that they might need any washing~but frozen fruit usually bleeds if they’re exposed to water, so I think I’ll stay in my lazy ways…lol. And those eggs are so darn adorable! I can’t believe how creative people are sometimes.
Sara @ Nourish and Flourish
I’ve never washed frozen fruit, but then again, I’m probably not the right person to ask, seeing as I popped a few unwashed (un-frozen) raspberries into my mouth on the way home from the grocery store today. (!!) What can I say—they were calling to me, and I couldn’t ignore their seduction. 😉
I’ll definitely be dyeing Easter eggs this year! It was supposed to happen last night, but plans changed, so I’m hoping to get it done tomorrow. This year, I bought neon colors in addition to the traditional colors. I’m far more excited than I should be!
A few of my friends are hooked on Game of Thrones, but I’ve admittedly never watched an episode. Am I missing out big time? xoxo
Amanda @ .running with spoons.
Yes! I adore that show, but I’m a big fan of the books too, so that might be why.
last night was a full moon – bet that’s why you couldn’t sleep! I know it always keeps me up.
Eek, I’ve never washed my frozen fruit, and it didn’t even occur to me until you posed this question. Ya know what, I’m going to pretend I didn’t read that because ignorance is bliss.
I can’t wait for GoT, and my favorite character is Danerys or Arya….something about strong women appeals to me.
As far as puzzles go, I snap a few photos of the finished product and then throw it back in the box.
Amanda @ .running with spoons.
That’s actually a great idea. I’ve heard of people doing that with a lot of things like old t-shirts and toys…
I still cannot believe that Easter is only three days away!! And to think that it was snowing here in NY only a few days ago!! I love dying Easter eggs – this year I hope to make some with my niece and nephew – having them around makes the holidays soooo much more fun!
Hope you have a great Easter!!
looollll at the frozen fruit thing
I never wash them cause I mostly use them for smoothies (STILL ALIVE!)
I invest in organic frozen fruit because washing it is a mess!! Those eggs are too cute. And that puzzle is awesome girl! My sister and I used to do those after homework – good memories:)
Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny
Gah, I’m so bad about updating my iphone – it literally says 12 updates right now and I probably will still wait another 2 weeks. I’m so pumped for Sunday’s episode. I can’t figure out who’s my favorite, probably Aria!
Oops, never even dawned on me to wash the frozen fruit. I hate when the numbers pop up on my phone too! I feel like lately there is an app to update every few hours!
Wash frozen fruit?! I don’t do that. :O
Kristy @ Southern In Law
Washing frozen fruit?! Say WHAT?! I would say it’s already been washed prior to being frozen (unless you froze it yourself?) Actually – I know frozen fruit here is washed prior to being frozen as I watched them do it on a school trip… but maybe that’s just Australia… hmm.
You wash your bananas?! I should probably start doing that since I have AT LEAST one a day.
I typically don’t wash my frozen fruit either but it makes sense…
Those Easter Egg DIY’s are SO adorable. I want to make them all! Unfortunately, since I work every day for the next week (including Easter) I doubt I’ll have time for anything. Boo…
And I can never, ever shower before bed. I don’t know why but it keeps me up all night too! It’s like my body thinks it’s morning or something. haha.
Amanda @ .running with spoons.
I usually only wash my bananas if I’m cutting into them. I don’t bother if I’m just peeling them. And it doesn’t look like anyone washes their frozen fruit, so maybe it’s already been washed?