Happy #thinkingoutloud Thursday! No idea what I’m going on about? Click here!
1. Hooooo-boy. This week has been a real doozy. Do people still say that these days? Doozy? It’s not giving me a red squiggly line, so I guess it must still be a thing. Either way, the past couple of days have been a little hectic, and I’ve had to sack one post this week to keep my sanity in tact with all the work, school, and personal obligations I’ve had. Sowwy. I had every intention of putting up a What I Ate Wednesday post yesterday, but the brain just wasn’t having it. So I figure I’ll share some food-related stuff today instead…
2. I’m back to eating oats for breakfast. In typical Amanda fashion, I went from drinking smoothies when it was -30C outside to eating oats when it’s +30C. My body makes no sense, but I’ve learned to stop asking questions and just go with the flow.
3. One thing that has been making sense, though, is my crazy watermelon addiction. I’ve been eating melons like they’re going out of style, and I may or may not have suffered multiple melon bellies over the past few weeks. Can’t help it. They’re so good in the summer heat.
4. Speaking of the summer heat… remember when I said my AC wasn’t working? You have to promise not to laugh, but the reason it wasn’t working was because the main switch on the wall was turned off. Like… what? I’ve been living in my place for almost 4 years and I didn’t even know that that’s what that switch did. But I had a guy come look at it and all he did was flip that switch and voila. Good as new. I guess I must have accidentally hit it when I was cleaning. Or something 🙄
5. Cleaning! Riddle me this… Why is it that I can make my place look spotless in the 10 minutes before someone comes over, but then it takes me like 4 hours when I’m left to my own devices? One of life’s great mysteries.
6. Back to food. Say hello to the umpteenth batch of cookie dough protein granola bars that I’ve made…
It’s kind of crazy how addicted to these I am. Like… I have to have a batch on hand at all times otherwise I don’t quite know what to do with my life. It’s quite sad. But they’re just so soft and chewy and chocolatey and… ughhh. So good. So, so good.
7. And granola… ohhhh granola. Or should I say crack. It’s another one of those foods I have a hard time controlling myself around, and between melon bellies and granola bellies, I feel like I’m constantly walking around with a minor food baby. Totally worth it. Especially when we’re talking double chocolate banana granola…
8. I’m more tan on one side of my body than I am on the other… at least when it comes to my arms. My left arm is definitely a few shades darker than my right arm, and I’m totally blaming the time I spend in my car on that one. Apparently I need to spend more time riding around in the passenger seat.
9. But hopefully I’ll get a chance to even things out when I’m in Vegas next week #happydance. I’ve been trying to coordinate a trip with some friends for a few months now, and we finally figured out a time when it would work for all of us, so I’ll be hitting up Sin City next week for a few days of fun. And hopefully some time by the pool.
10. Alright, friendly faces, that’s it for me. Have a happy Thursday!
No questions… just tell me whatever comes to your mind! 😀
More places to find me!
E-mail — [email protected]
Twitter — runwithspoons
Facebook — runningwithspoons
Pinterest — runwithspoons
Instagram — runwithspoons
Bloglovin — runningwithspoons
Are those A/C switches common? I don’t think I’ve ever seen one of those, aside from in the fuse box. Glad it was an easy fix, and I hope he didn’t charge you for it!
Amanda @ .running with spoons.
I honestly have no idea — this is the first time I’ve seen one as well.
Sue @ This Mama Runs for Cupcakes
I’m a sucker for protein granola bars, I must make these ASAP!! I hope the AC repair man didn’t charge you to flip the switch!!
LOL! i’ve done the whole AC thing before. I even called a repair man, whoops –> blonde moment. Enjoy Vegas next week. Send me those bars before you head out, mmm k?
Arman @ thebigmansworld
take me to vegas with you. PLEAAAAASE.
I’d laugh .. but I would totally do the AC switch thing. And oh my gosh, my tan is uneven too #firstworldproblems but it’s frustrating! I feel you … have fun in Vegas! And I say doozy still too. We’re cool like that. 😉
Sabrina @ Nutritiously Sweet
Haha I went back to oats myself but that’s because I ran out of cereal but now I am craving the oats every morning again and it’s pretty hot!
Victoria at Ice Packs + Races
I must make those granola bars!!! They look heavenly.
Oooh girl- a trip to Vegas sounds mega exciting…can’t wait to see what shenanigans you get up to (other than the copious visits to Chipotle – DUH)! I don’t think I’ve ever used the term ‘doozy’ ut I kinda want to start- it has a nice ring to it ;)!
HOW DO YOU AFFORD THESE GETAWAYS! Take me with youuuu! I want to go to Vegas with like-minded people. Haha!
I think I am one of the few people who DOESN’T like watermelon. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll eat it…but it’s definitely not a favorite. 😉
PS: There are some weird adds showing up and covering the entirety of some of your pictures! No ‘x’ to x out of them either!
Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves
Ahh! Have so much fun in Vegas!
I really need to make a) homemade granola; b) your protein cookie dough bars since you are obviously head over heels for them! And I totally understand what you mean about cleaning taking forever when you’re by yourself. All the distractions and none of the motivation.
I hate when you think something is broken and you’re just missing something. And AC is such an important thing to have working!
Kelsey / A Turquoise Lining
My brain hasn’t been able to handle blogging for over two weeks, which is perfectly fine when it is just a hobby! I’m hoping since I have less ‘events’ going on in my life (June was BUSY), that’ll it will just come back naturally. =)
ahhh oatmeal. so so good 🙂
I hateeee the car tan!!! but I love smoothies in the cold weather too. No idea why.
Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment
My arms are more tan that the rest of my body! I am trying to balance it out with different layers of sunscreen. Vegas will be so much fun! Enjoy your Thursday. 🙂
All I can say is that there needs to be a shirt that says “The Best Babies Are Food Babies.”
Erin @ Erin's Inside Job
Ahaha your air conditioner. That sounds like something I would do. Glad it’s working again!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries
I’m totally guilty for still using the word “doozy” … you’re not the only one. 😉
Mmmm, yes to the watermelon! I’ve been ALL about the pineapple lately too. I almost ate a whole one in one sitting the other day. They’ve been SO juicy and sweet!
How fun you get to go to Vegas! I have a feeling it’ll be niiiiice and hot for ya which will make pool time perfect!
I will be in Las Vegas next week too! I can hardly wait! Try not to burn up, it’s going to be a hot one. Have fun!!
Shashi at RunninSrilankan
Heck, I cannot make fun of your oatmeal in summer habit, because, I have a serious baking in summer (and pretty much all year) habit! So long as there’s watermelon – right?!
I am darker on one side too – but, since my daughter drives now, I get to play passenger a bit! Yay for your upcoming sojourn to Sin City – and evenly tanned arms among other perks! Happy happy Thursday!
Jo @ Living Mint Green
Ummm… I am a little worried you’re going to die in the desert heat. Hahaha if it makes you feel any better, I didn’t realized I had air conditioning in my place until mid-summer last year. I suffered for nothing!
Have you tried combining watermelon with fresh lime juice + mint + salt? OMG!!!! It tastes like summer.
Sherri @ Adventures of Love and Marriage
The whole cleaning thing…. I ask myself that all the time! I had some friends over last night and I had that place looking like a museum in 10 minutes. If only I had that motivation every single day!
Cassie @ Almost Getting it Together
It’s been one of those weeks for me, too. Last week I just cancelled every social plan I had because I just needed to rest! And I haven’t had watermelon… I always forget that I love it until I eat it somewhere!
Kristin @ My Year in the Making
Dat oatmeal though. I can never get enough oats. It’s one of the few things I truly miss when I’m trying to stick to Paleo.
I have the same problem with cleaning. I think gnomes follow me around and undo what I’m working on as soon as I’m done with it. That’s the only logical explanation 😉
Yeah girls trip to Vegas! Have a blast!!
I am trying to incorporate oats into my breakfast but having difficult getting the texture and taste right. I am still working on it though….
I lather extra sunscreen on the driving arm for sure!!
Have a good Thursday!
Jessie @ Just Jessie
Ahhh! I’ve always wanted to go to Vegas! 🙂 And I’m with you on the arm thing. Luckily both of my arms are the same color, but they and my chest are the only things with any sort of color so the rest of me just looks ridiculous.
Number 4 and 5. OMG. That could be SO me with the switch – especially that it ‘all of a sudden’ works, when the guy comes round to repair it. And number 5 – I can clean up my place like a boss in no time when I expect visitors, but all the bombs explode for weeks when I am on my own. Sigh.
Love your shades girl! Gorgeous Babe.
PS: Miss you!
Ange @ Cowgirl Runs
Oh man, accidentally flipping a switch is exactly something I would do!
I’m not a huge watermelon fan but I’ll plow through a pint of blueberries and strawberries faster than I can blink. Whenever you post about taking a vacation to Vegas it makes me really want to go. One of these days I’ll get there… I really just want to go for the fancy hotels and amazing restaurants.
Ashley @ A Lady Goes West
I just finished up eating some granola with cottage cheese, which is a “branching” breakfast for me, as I usually do oats. And Viva Las Vegas! Yay for a fun trip. And that’s pretty funny about your A/C switch. 🙂
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles
haha the switch thing definitely sounds like something that would happen to me. And I’m jealous of your Vegas trip! /vacation in general…8 weeks to go until mine. Le sigh.
Niki @ Life With Niki
Although I loved and missed your WIAW, please do not feel the need to apologize to us!
Your AC story is so funny, there have definitely been times where I literally did not understand that the kitchen device I was using was actually OFF ;).
I have to agree that both watermelon and granola are rather dangerous, crack like substance, and can be consumed in a mere matter of seconds!