Happy #thinkingoutloud Thursday! No idea what I’m going on about? Click here!
1. The olympics straight up snuck up on me. I didn’t even know they were on this year until I accidentally came across the opening ceremony on Friday, and it was like “oh heyyyyyy… the olympics!” Since then they’ve been on in the background pretty consistently, though… because even though I don’t pay attention to when they’re actually on, I do love the winter olympics. Summer olympics not so much, but the winter ones have all of my favourite sports. Mainly snowboarding. And hockey. Obviously.
2. Speaking of snowboarding, I’m going through withdrawals and I have no idea when I’ll actually be able to get back out onto the slopes again. The reason isn’t a terrible one, though – I’m going on vacation to Mexico next weekend and I kind of have some prepping to do for that… mainly shopping, working on a fake base tan (please tell me I’m not the only one who hates being paper white when going to the beach), making recipes, shooting recipes, and writing posts so I’ll have something to put up on Spoons when I’m gone. Knowing me, at least 1/4 of that won’t get done and I’ll end up writing/editing on the plane and whenever I have access to wifi. If I have access to wifi.
3. But I’m telling you… sometimes I just can’t force myself to do things in advance. I’ll try and I’ll sit there for hours struggling to come up with something before giving up and walking away. Then I’ll come back to it when I literally can’t put it off anymore, and it’ll come crazy easy and be done lightning fast. It kind of drives me nuts. And it might also explain why I’m writing this post at 11pm on Wednesday night. I tried earlier and the writer’s block hit hard. Womp, womp.
4. Sometimes I wonder if vacations are as restful and relaxing as they’re made out to be. Don’t get me wrong, I love travelling and will always and forever do it, but I spend the week before my trip stressing about all the prepping and packing, then spend the week of my trip wearing myself out by trying to do ALL the things, then come back and stress about all the catching up I have to do. I think I’m doing this vacation thing all wrong. Please help.
5. Confession: I still have a Christmas tree up. NOT my huge big main Christmas tree, but I put up this little mini Christmas tree in my office and I still have it up because it provides such a nice cozy light in a corner that would otherwise be dark. I need to find some sort of a lamp or fairy light setup or something, but until then, the mini tree stays.
6. Alright friendly faces, that’s it for me today! I’m going to go stress about packing and prepping 😛 See you soon! Happy Thursday!
No questions! Just tell me whatever randomness comes to mind!
More places to find me!
E-mail — [email protected]
Twitter — runwithspoons
Facebook — runningwithspoons
Pinterest — runwithspoons
Instagram — runwithspoons
Bloglovin — runningwithspoons
Snapchat — runningspoons
I’m overjoyed to have found this website. I appreciate you taking the time to read this fantastic article. I certainly loved every part of it and I have you bookmarked to look at new things you post.
Funny, I was just telling someone that I thought the Olympics had really snuck up on us. I watched, although not as much as I usually do.
Hey guys! I am so happy to learn through this website homepage http://deletebrowsinghistory.org/ and suggest everyone to get knowledge where to solve the issue for deleting browsing history.
Hey guys! I am so happy to learn through this website homepage http://deletebrowsinghistory.net/ and suggest everyone to get knowledge where to solve the issue for deleting browsing history.
You could always decorate the tree seasonally and keep it up all year long!! Have fun in Mexico!
I can’t wait to go snowboarding/skiing again either.
I love that you still have a Christmas tree up – you do you! 🙂
Have you tried a salt lamp? I have no idea if all the magical claims are true, but I just love the light it gives off. I have one with a dimmer switch and I love how cozy it is.
I have similar feelings about vacations. IF we stay in Colorado and just go up to the mountains it’s more relaxing, but the farther you travel the more… um… challenging it can be. It’s definitely still worth it doing a vacation, but they definitely do take something out of me. And watching some clips from the Olympics has definitely made me miss snowboarding this year. We haven’t gotten a lot of snow, and I’m amazed how God worked it out that I didn’t get a pass this year, because we haven’t had that much snow. I hope to go once though!
I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels that way about vacations! They are amazing once you are on them, but the prep work that goes into them is not so awesome! And then there’s the stress of dealing with everything once you are back home too!
Jess @ Jessica Cording Nutrition
I’m the same way with vacation—I hope I’ll learn the trick to actually finding it relaxing!
Patricia @Sweet and Strong
I love the Olympics but haven’t been watching as much this year. The skiing and snowboarding is my fav. And totally agree about vacations! Traveling is stressful lol
It’s funny, I was just talking to someone and I do feel like the Olympics really snuck up. I’ve been watching but not as much as usual.