Flourless Chocolate Banana Bread made with NO flour, butter, or oil, but so soft, tender, and chocolatey that you’d never be able to tell! It’s gluten-free, low in refined sugar, and whipped up in the blender in 5 minutes flat!
My blender is one of three things that has permanent real estate on my kitchen counter, with the other two being my Keurig and my fruit bowl. Everything else gets hidden away in the cupboards and taken out when it’s needed, mostly because clutter stresses me out big time.
No, really. It does.
Like… even when I’m in the kitchen cooking or working on a recipe? I won’t set everything out on the counter before I start because it just feels too… cramped. And then it kind of weighs on me knowing I have such a big mess to clean up. Instead, I’ll grab one ingredient, use it, and put it back before taking the next thing I need. Does that sound crazy? Because I know it’s not exactly the most efficient way to do things, but it makes the whole baking process feel a lot more relaxing. And that’s what we’re going for.
Well, relaxing and delicious…
Back to the blender, though!
That used to be something that I’d hide away in the cupboards too, but it secured a permanent counter spot when I realized just how much I use it for (and just how much I didn’t like taking it out and putting it away 3 times a day).
Smoothies, sauces, banana ice cream, muffins, pancakes, energy bites, brownies, bars… I literally use that thing for everything. Which is actually why I’m talking about blenders in a post about banana bread — because this particular flourless chocolate banana bread just so happens to come out of a blender too…
It doesn’t have to, though!
If you don’t have a powerful blender, or you just prefer mixing things by hand so that you don’t have to clean aforementioned blender, you can totally sub out the oats in this recipe for 1/2 cup of pre-ground oat flour and come out with pretty much the same results.
No matter which way you do it, you’ll end up with a super moist chocolate banana bread that’s made with NO flour, oil, butter, or refined sugar, but so soft and tender that you’d never guess. And I feel like I use that line with all of my flourless recipes, but it really is hard to tell that they’re missing a certain flour-y ingredient unless someone tells you. I mean… just look at that texture.
Happy eating! And Happy Valentine’s Day!
I’d love to know if you make this recipe! Leave a comment and rating down below to let me know what you think, and subscribe to our mailing list to receive new recipes in your inbox!Print
Flourless Chocolate Banana Bread
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 1 loaf, 12 slices 1x
- 3/4 cup (60 g) oats, gluten-free if needed
- 1/2 cup (40 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 medium-size ripe bananas (200 g or 1 cup mashed)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (64 g) nut butter*
- 6 tbsp (120 g) honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup (40 g) chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF (176ºC), and lightly grease a 9 x 5 (23cm x 13cm) bread pan or line it with a sheet or parchment paper, leaving a few inches of overhang for easy removal. Set aside.
- Add the oats to the bowl of a high-speed blender and process on high until they’ve broken down into a fine powder. Add all the remaining ingredients except for the chocolate chips and continue processing until the batter is smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the blender as necessary.** Stir in the chocolate chips by hand, or save them to sprinkle on top.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan, spreading it out evenly and sprinkling the chocolate chips on top
- Bake for 50 – 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow the loaf to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes before removing. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
* Feel free to sub this with any nut butter you have on hand, or use a soy nut butter to make it nut-free. ** If you don’t own a high-speed blender or food processor, you can mix this by hand by subbing the rolled oats with a heaping 1/2 cup (60 g) of oat flour.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
Keywords: baking, banana bread, chocolate, flourless, flourless banana bread, gluten-free banana bread, healthy, recipe
Looking for more flourless chocolate recipes? Try one of these!
Flourless Sweet Potato Brownies
Flourless Double Chocolate Brownies
Fudgy Two Minute Mug Brownie
Flourless Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
No Bake Brownie Batter Truffles
*Disclosure: Some of the links included in this post may be affiliate links, meaning I’ll earn a small commission if you purchase through them, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and believe will add value to my readers. Thank you so much for helping support Spoons!
These are the best dairy free, refined sugar free muffins ever!!! ❤️❤️❤️
I am very happy to discover this site. I would like to thank you for taking the time to read this wonderful post! I’ve definitely enjoyed every part of it and I’ve also bookmarked you to check out new stuff on your website.
This recipe is one of my favorites! Friggin’ love it.