Happy #thinkingoutloud Thursday! No idea what I’m going on about? Click here!
1. I’M GOING TO THE MOUNTAINS!!! Hype, hype, hype! After what felt like forever (did I even go boarding last winter?!?), I’m finally headed up to the slopes this weekend to get some riding done, which I guess is the perk of having a winter that starts at the end of October. Oh boy. I seriously can’t wait. And I hope it’s like riding a bicycle, because yeah… it’s been a while.
2. And now that I told you guys that, I feel like nothing else I say will be as interesting. At least not to me. So uhm… how about that Daylight Savings, eh? Actually, I completely forgot that we were turning back the clocks last weekend until the time on my phone literally changed from 1:59 to 1am as I was looking at it. And, yes, my sleep schedule is a little wonky right now. And, yes, I wish they would get rid of this clock changing thing. There was actually talk of Alberta opting out of Daylight Savings in the future, but it got shot down because one of the airlines said it would lose money, and our two hockey teams were worried about late game times… which is legit, I guess. So the most sensible solution, as I see it, is for everyone to get rid of Daylight Savings. Problem solved.
3. This made me chuckle. And I know it’s a serious thing, but the fact that the it was a massive zucchini and they called it an “offending vegetable” kind of did me in. You guys know how I feel about those suckers when they’re regular size, but 16 inches and 11 pounds? That’s slightly terrifying. Like… what do you do with that much zucchini? I would say something like make muffins or bread, but maybe not in November…
4. Instead, what about whipping up a loaf of One Bowl Greek Yogurt Pumpkin Bread? Or Flourless Pumpkin Brownies? Those seem slightly more seasonally appropriate. And equally as delicious.
5. So going back and looking at the recipes I just posted… man… it really makes me miss making recipes. I know it’s been forever, and I know I haven’t talked about it much (at all), but I’ve been trying to figure out what I want to do with Spoons. Not in the sense of giving up on it (not gonna happen), but what I want to be posting. Recipes, yes, but what kind? And only recipes or more things? And what kind of things? Lifestyle? Health? Or just try to keep it to recipes? But again… what kind? I guess what I’m kind of trying to figure out is if I want to try and rebrand and freshen things up or just leave well enough alone and get back to my roots and what I used to do. Working on it.
6. But I did make hummus again 🙂 This time with a recipe. This one. Super good. 10/10 would recommend.
7. Hope you guys are having an awesome Thursday!
No questions! Just tell me whatever randomness comes to mind!
More places to find me!
E-mail — [email protected]
Twitter — runwithspoons
Facebook — runningwithspoons
Pinterest — runwithspoons
Instagram — runwithspoons
Bloglovin — runningwithspoons
Snapchat — runningspoons
T’s cool when a person can write their thoughts on a blog. I’m just trying to force myself to open my blog. And I know that I have something to share with people. I have an amazing story of how I got rich in one moment and did not even notice it. Yes, and it happens. I was fortunate with my friend who advised me to invest in one project that his investment company advised.
Have a great trip!! Thanks for sharing
I love the mountains so much!!!! Nothing better than snow and mountains. So beautiful
Nicole @ Laughing My Abs Off
I really miss when you’d make those posts about your day in the life with some kind of theme about health; I would literally go back and read those for hours <3
Oh, I have to get to the slopes this winter! I can’t wait.
Also, thanks, now I am hungry… I need some of that Greek Yogurt Pumpkin bread!
Heather @ Polyglot Jot
Am I dumb that I didn’t know Canadians also did daylight savings? haha! Oops! This was my first year with a little one and we were up extra early and it turned out to be the longest day everrrr…but we survived!
First time linking up! I found you through my friend San’s blog. The mountains will be awesome! I bet there will be breathtaking views! And I totally support getting rid of Daylights Savings Time, seriously!!
I’m longing to go to the mountains now; nothing quite like being out in God’s AWESOME creation that shows His might and power and just getting lost in the snow and enjoying the cold. 🙂
Carrie this fit chick
Enjoy the mountains!! My favorite place to be. And dont sweat it about feeling unsure where Spoons is going. We reas yourblog because of YOU so just be you and we’ll keep coming back 😉
Melissa (I Crashed the Web)
Have a great trip!! Looks BEAUTIFUL. Oh, and pumpkin brownies sound great. As does pumpkin bread. I made pumpkin muffins a few weeks ago, but haven’t really been baking with pumpkin much this year for some reason. I need to get back at it!
Patricia @Sweet and Strong
Oh have so much fun in the mountains. I love skiing but haven’t been in forever and really want to plan a trip this year. I def hope too it’s like riding a bike!
I’ll sign a petition to end daylight savings time!
Enjoy your boarding time!
Haha. Of course one of our biggest concerns were about a hockey team showing up late…. Oh Canada. Enjoy your time on the slopes!!