Happy #thinkingoutloud Thursday! No idea what I’m going on about? Click here!
1. Hidden perk of wearing contacts: they protect your eyes against onion fumes. I didn’t even think about this one until I was cooking dinner the other day and my eyes started tearing up while chopping the onions. It hadn’t ever happened before and it took me a minute to realize that it was probably because I was wearing my glasses… so my eyeballs didn’t have that extra layer of protection from the fumes. Contacts are a godsend. But I guess you could always go the onion goggle route…
2. On that note, I really need to update my glasses seeing as they’re about 7 or 8 years old (I know…) and my prescription has changed a tonne since then. Actually, I shouldn’t say a tonne… it’s changed a little… but I still feel like my glasses could use a little sprucing up. The problem is that I have the hardest time finding glasses that fit my face. Like… it took me a good 3 years to find a pair of aviators that look good on me, so I’m not really looking forward to shopping for specs.
3. That being said, I’m not really the biggest fan of shopping in general… maybe because I like to keep things pretty simple don’t like having a lot of stuff laying around? I think I’ve mentioned this before, but I get a ridiculous amount of satisfaction out of throwing away things I’ve used up or getting rid of things I don’t need. I think maybe the clutter just feels like extra weight on my shoulders?
4. The only place that doesn’t seem to apply is makeup and beauty products. Not only do I love shopping for it, but my ridiculous collection of it (that I realistically won’t be able to get through in years) doesn’t bother me at all. Funny how that works…
5. It’s currently 12:01am and I’m really, really craving brownies. I made a few batches of my flourless double chocolate brownies over the holiday weekend, and I’m going through slight withdrawals. I blame… nothing, really. They’re just that good.
6. Riddle me this… does your hair start to feel more dry and limp if you start slacking on your water consumption in the summer or do I just need to switch conditioners? Because my hair’s been feeling a lot duller and flatter over the past couple of weeks, and I know I should probably be drinking more just because of how hot it’s been. Either that or I legit need to invest in a better deep conditioner. Good thing I enjoy shopping for the beauty stuff 😉
7. Alright friendly faces, that’s it for me today. I hope you guys are having yourselves an awesome Thursday, and I’ll see you soon! 😀
No questions! Just tell me whatever randomness comes to mind!
More places to find me!
E-mail — [email protected]
Twitter — runwithspoons
Facebook — runningwithspoons
Pinterest — runwithspoons
Instagram — runwithspoons
Bloglovin — runningwithspoons
Snapchat — runningspoons
lol I have a thing about buying stuff and getting rid of it.. Say ink pens for example (especially gel ones). I do a lot of writing so the ink goes pretty quick. I have to switch back to contacts. My glasses are just prone to get scratches.
Just shooting from the hip here; it could very easily be that you are dehydrated or something, but is it possible that it’s the change in water supply? Where I am they change where the water comes from during the summer, and while I haven’t noticed a difference, if I travel somewhere else there’s a huge difference. Just throwing it out there!
Joyce @ The Hungry Caterpillar
Same here–I haven’t updated my glasses in quite a few years. Fortunately, my lens prescription hasn’t changed very much. It’s nice to have the glasses because I feel like my eyes get pretty tired wearing the contacts all the time. Your aviators are adorable.
Daisy @ Fit Wanderlust Runner
So today I woke up by having the worst charlie horse in my life! Absolutely painful and my right calf is still sore. So much for trying to get in a quick run today before going into work. 🙁
It’s been really hot here too; I need to keep drinking water; thanks for the reminder! Also, contacts do sound like such a blessing. That’s neat that you don’t need eye protection while cutting onions if you have contacts.
Evangeline @Nutrition On a Mission
Those brownies…*insert all the heart eye emojis* <3 I don't love shopping either, especially when the ratio of time spent looking for what I need to actually making purchases is 54748 to 0.0002. It's frustrating.
Carrie this fit chick
Ive been lucky with my eyes… Ive never needed glassea or contacts! I totally hoard makeup too. i love trying new products and it takes long to use them up, so it. builds up!
Shashi at Savory Spin
Amanda – YAASS – I thought it was just me – that whenever I cut onions (which happens to be when I’m wearing my contacts) I didn’t have a case of the onion weepies!
And – am so with you on shopping – I’d rather book a trip than shop for stuff – this weekend am hoping to have a yard sale (if the weather cooperates) and I can’t wait to get rid of some of my stuff – also helps with downsizing and eventually moving to a smaller place once my kiddo is college bound in a couple of months!
Btw – those brownies – they have me craving ’em too! Thanks lady and I haven’t even had breakfast yet – hey – breakfast brownies can be a thing right!?
Hoping the rest of the week is wonderful for ya! xo
Patricia @Sweet and Strong
Same as Julie above, always wondered why onions never bothered me! Thanks contacts! And OMG those brownies, I’ve been craving like an ice cream brownie bowl, that needs to happen this weekend!
Julie @ Running in a Skirt
I always wondered why sometimes the onions bothered me and sometimes they don’t. I hadn’t put together the contacts thing- duh!!!!
I love Aveda’s deep conditioning mask. 🙂
Jess @ Jessica Cording Nutrition
I didn’t realize how helpful contacts are for dealing with onions until I tried to cook while wearing my glasses instead one day. It looked like I’d been sobbing.