Happy #thinkingoutloud Thursday! No idea what I’m going on about? Click here!
1. Mint chocolate will always and forever have my heart. Remember those thin After Eight squares? I could easily go through an entire sleeve of those when I was younger and still want more. And while I may be a classic vanilla kind of girl when it comes to the basic ice cream flavours, I’ll take mint chocolate chip over basically anything. And no… I’m not really sure why I’m talking about mint chocolate, but I picked up a bar of Alter Eco dark mint chocolate (best!)… (not sponsored) the other day and have been lusting over it ever since.
2. Another thing that has permanent residence in this ol’ ticker? Chipotle. And maybe a big part of it has to do with the fact that we don’t have it up here so I only get to enjoy it in spurts when I head south a few times a year, but I could (and sometimes do) eat it for a week straight and never get tired of it. I think I might actually have to put some serious effort into recreating some of those recipes at home… Think these DIY Chipotle recipes from Buzzfeed are any good?
3. Speaking of Buzzfeed, have you seen these 18 people who took their love of food too far? #3, 12, and 14 freaking killed me 😆 😆
4. On a more serious note, I almost did a very terrible thing to my oatmeal the other day. It was all ready to go and I was just about to put the finishing touches on it by sprinkling it with some cinnamon, when I grabbed the bottle of cayenne pepper on accident. Now, I’ve been loving me some cayenne recently, but that love does not extend to my breakfast. Thankfully, I only got as far as screwing off the lid before coming to and realizing my mistake, but it could have been a disaster (hi, I like to over-dramatize things). In my defense, though… all those bottles from Simply Organic look the same.
5. And while we’re on the topic of breakfast [foods], would you believe I haven’t had cereal in… forever? Well, at least I hadn’t had it until a few days ago when I picked up a box of Puffins and destroyed it in like 3 days. Yes, I have an addiction. No, I don’t want help.
6. Oh! And I finally managed to pick up the book I’ve been meaning to grab for… err… a month now? I’m only about 1/3 into it, but I’m enjoying it so far.
7. Happy Thursday, friendly faces! Hope you’re having an awesome one 😀
No questions! Just tell me whatever randomness comes to mind!
More places to find me!
E-mail — [email protected]
Twitter — runwithspoons
Facebook — runningwithspoons
Pinterest — runwithspoons
Instagram — runwithspoons
Bloglovin — runningwithspoons
Snapchat — runningspoons
Lisa @ Lisa 3D
I absolutely love Chipotle too! I always end up getting a veggie bowl and I also always request extra guac.
We are planning a DIY Chipoltle bar for my daughter’s graduation party next month! I will be testing some of those recipes soon!
Mint chocolate is my favorite and I just had Chipotle for dinner last night too.
Mint + dark chocolate = my weakness. I could eat it daily. It is one of my top favorite combos for sure!
Aaaaaand I’ve totally added chili powder to my oatmeal instead of cinnamon. That was a SUPER sad day. I tried to save it by turning it into “savory” oats, but I already had peanut butter stirred into it. It was not one of my better mornings… 😉
I LOVE Chipotle and creating my own would save some serious bucks. I’m going to have to start experimenting. That mint chocolate sounds good I’m going to look out for it next time I go shopping.
My grandmother always had Andes mints in her purse and I loved those things. To this day, they will always remind me of her.
I’m still impressed with your cayenne pepper ways, even if you did skip it for breakfast. I can see why it might not go well with oatmeal. 😉
That would definitely have been some really spicy oatmeal. I’m glad you got it before you sprinkled it in. Also… Chipotle is just the best. It’s my favorite fast food.
Hey at least cayenne has some pretty good health benefits, no? Weirdly enough, as huge of a chocolate addict I am… mint chocolate is never one of my choices…
Carrie this fit chick
Oh wow, it’s been quite some time aince I have had chipotle. Need that bowl! With you on mint chocolate, but caramel chocolate is LIFE.
Ok 1. It’s actually ridiculous that years later (and I live near chipolte) I am STILL addicted. And I’ve done the same thing with my oats before except with chili powder powder! Yuck!
Patricia @Sweet and Strong
Mmmm I love some dark chocolate with mint. It satisfies your sweet tooth and I love the fresh minty flavor. And I LOVE trying to recreate Chipotle at home, you definitely gotta try some of those recipes!
Jess @ Jessica Cording Nutrition
Mint & chocolate—yes please! That picture makes me want some really badly, and it’s barely 7 am
meredith (The Cookie ChRUNicles)
ok so here is where we finally differ – no mint in my chocolate! how have we never discussed this before?!
Two things: 1. Baskin Robbins Mint Chocolate chip shakes will forever be my favorite way to eat the mint/chocolate combo. 2. I have absolutely put cayenne pepper on my oatmeal thinking it was cinnamon. It was not a happy accident.