Happy #thinkingoutloud Thursday! No idea what I’m going on about? Click here!
1. Can.you.believe that this is the one HUNDREDth instalment of Thinking Out Loud?!? Because I can’t 😯 I published my very first ToL post all the way back in October of 2012, ending it with a classy…
“These posts are kind of fun. If no one objects, I think I’ll be doing them more often.”
… and I guess no one objected, because I’ve been doing them [almost??] every week since then. Truth be told, they’re my favourite posts both to read and write. To read because I think random thoughts are a great way to get to know someone better (which is why I started the linkup); and to write because I find it extremely relaxing to be able to spew out whatever random craziness happens to be going through my head without having to worry about the rhyme or reason behind it. So thank you for sticking with me and taking part in ToL over the years… whether that be by leaving your random thoughts in a comment or linking up your own posts. I kind of like you guys a lot.
2. I also kind of like this song…
3. And these sugar snap peas…
If you would have told me there’d come a day where I’d willingly snack on [green] vegetables instead of cookies, I probably would have laughed myself sick. Well… that day has come. It all started innocently enough when I grabbed a handful out of boredom on the 13-hour drive to Whistler, and before I know it, I’m buying bag after bag when I get home. Seriously. I can go through a 2 lb. bag of these things in about… 2 or 3 days? And now you’re looking at me like I’m crazy, but I can’t help it — they’re addicting! I’ve tried the Snappea Crisps, and I can honestly say that I like these better because they’re crunchy and refreshing.
4. So I went to the mall this past weekend, all excited to pick up a new iPhone (I finally decided to go with the 6 in gold), only to come home with no iPhone and a few bags of makeup and clothes instead. But they didn’t have
my size the one I wanted! I almost, almost caved and settled for one in space grey just so I could have it at.that.very.moment, but I had my heart set on a gold one since I’ve only ever had the black, and I decided to go the delayed gratification route and order one with my phone provider instead. It’s supposed to come sometime within the next week, so hopefully I can share that with you guys in ToL 101!
5. Squee! I feel like I’m getting my groove back! After dealing with a serious case of writer’s block, it’s nice to have the words flowing a little more freely. Thinking Out Loud is kind of amazing for that. Or maybe it’s the caffeine talking. Either way! It’s nice.
6. Speaking of caffeine… I once heard someone say that no one really likes the taste of coffee, and that the only reason people drink it is for the buzz. Guys… I’m not even joking when I say that I legit almost butted into the conversation (these were strangers sitting at the table next to me) to say that I’ll gladly drink straight up black decaf because I love the taste so much. And it’s true — I do. The buzz (which I sometimes don’t even get) is just a bonus.
7. “Can I borrow that leaf?” <– actual words spoken by me to my mom when I was over there for Thanksgiving this past weekend. This was the leaf in question…
… and I wanted to “borrow” (read: take it… Sorry, Mom!) because I figured it would make a good prop in blog pictures Also… Does anyone else ever have a good internal giggle when someone asks to borrow a piece of paper? As if they’re going to return it? No? Just me? Fine.
8. Speaking of Thanksgiving… this year was kind of a strange one for us because we didn’t actually have a turkey 😯 My family’s never been huge on turkey (mostly because of the leftovers), and when it came time to plan out the menu, no one really got enthusiastic about seeing a bird on the table, so we sacked the idea. It was our first time without one, and I had to admit that I didn’t really miss it at all. As long as there’s food and family, I’m a happy camper.
9. My iPhone came! My iPhone came!!!! Between writing point #4 and now (about 5 hours — I write sporadically throughout the day), the UPS guy paid me a visit and delivered my new phone! SQUEEEEE!!! I’m still in the process of setting everything up so I can’t say too much about just yet, but I can’t get over how much faster it is than my old phone. Holy.snap 😯 I’ll share more next week!
10. And lastly but not least-ly… I need your input on tomorrow’s recipe! Your choices are: pumpkin hot chocolate or a creamy chocolate smoothie that has yet to be creatively named. Chocolate is involved either way, so I’m basically just asking you if you prefer a hot drink or a cold one. Let me know in the comments, and I’ll see you tomorrow with whichever one gets more votes!
No questions… just tell me whatever comes to your mind! 😀
More places to find me!
E-mail — [email protected]
Twitter — runwithspoons
Facebook — runningwithspoons
Pinterest — runwithspoons
Instagram — runwithspoons
Bloglovin — runningwithspoons
Kelsey @ Ramblings of Change
Yay for new technology! That is amazing that it came in between everything! And…CONGRATS on #100. Random/ToL posts are absolutely the best, best, BEST. I think it helps me connect to bloggers more, and it makes me feel like I’m not alone in life. I love it. =)