Happy Monday, friends!
Before we get into today’s post, I wanted to announce the winner of the Swanson’s giveaway — congrats to Kelly P! I’ve e-mailed you with the details and you should be getting your gift certificate soon. Happy shopping!
So this weekend went by a little too quickly for my tastes, and I don’t quite feel ready for Monday. That being said, I’m easing back into the work/blog week with a fun little [food] survey survey. Or… an epic survey, I guess I should say. I actually had to break this one into two parts because it was a little too long to fit into one post, so part 1 is going up today, and part 2 should follow soon. Hope ya enjoy! 😀
1) flavour-wise, do you prefer white breads or whole wheat?:
Flavour? White (especially toasted). Texture? Wheat.
2) what’s your favorite type of grain to eat (oatmeal, bread, wraps, etc)?:
Oatmeal, without a doubt.
3) what’s your favorite sandwich filling?:
Almond butter and jam.
4) what’s your favorite kind of bread?:
5) around how many servings of grain do you consume daily?:
I really have no idea. There are some days where I want to eat ALL the carbs, and others where I don’t. It varies. I will say that grains make up a big part of my diet, though.
6) what’s your favorite cracker-topping?:
I’m not really crazy about crackers, but you can never go wrong with cheese.
7) what’s your favorite thing to do with rice?:
… Eat it? Lately I’ve really been loving sweet rice bowls, which I make by cooking rice in coconut milk and topping it with applesauce, Greek yogurt, cinnamon, and almond butter.
8) what brand of bread do you usually buy?:
I’m a big fan of fresh baked breads, and I’ll usually get mine from Cob’s.
9) what’s your favorite type of cereal?:
Ohhh that’s a toughie. I love so many, but if I had to pick one… Kashi Cinnamon Harvest.
10) what was your favorite type of breakfast cereal as a child?:
Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I also had a thing for Corn Pops for a while.
1) favorite fruit?:
Bananas. I eat at least two a day.
2) least favorite type of fruit?:
I’m not crazy about apricots or plums. And I don’t really care much for raspberries either.
3) do you drink fruit juice often?:
Not really. I don’t mind orange juice, but I steer clear from apple.
4) do you consider tomatoes a fruit, or a vegetable?:
5) do you think you eat enough fruit daily?:
More than enough. I probably get around 5 or 6 servings a day on average.
6) do you consider fruit more important than vegetables?:
I consider them of equal importance. I do, however, think fruit is tastier.
7) what’s your favorite citrus fruit?:
Oranges. Especially the little ones that come out around Christmas… or those tiny Cuties.
8) do you like pastries with fruit in them?:
I prefer them with chocolate or cream, but if I have to go with some kind of fruit, then blueberry is my favourite.
9) what’s your favorite flavour of jam?:
Blueberry… always and forever.
10) when do you usually eat the most fruit (breakfast, snack, etc)?:
All day, every day. I love fruit and would gladly live off it if I could manage.
1) when you were a kid, did you like vegetables?:
Not unless it was corn, potatoes, or raw carrots.
2) do you think you eat enough vegetables now?:
I try to. I used to eat massive amounts of veggies, but I don’t think my stomach appreciated it very much so I’ve cut back. I make sure to get something green and orange in my diet every day, though.
3) what’s your favorite raw vegetable?:
Sweet carrots from the farmers’ market.
4) what’s your favorite cooked vegetable?:
I’m gonna go with kabocha squash on this one… but potatoes and corn are up there as well.
5) what’s your least favorite raw vegetable?:
Broccoli. It doesn’t taste too great, I can hardly swallow it, and it basically renders me incapable of being around people.
6) what’s your least favorite cooked vegetable?:
Zucchini or eggplant — both are on my veggie hit list.
7) what’s your favorite kind of salad?:
Anything with grilled chicken, avocado, and cheese.
8) do you buy spaghetti sauce, or do you make your own?:
Neither. I’ve come to the conclusion that my stomach hates any kind of tomato-based sauce, so I steer clear.
9) when/if you order a sub at subway or mr. sub, what vegetables do you get on it?:
Have I ever told you about the time where I had a Quizno’s right across from me at work? And I ate lunch there pretty much everyday for over to 6 months? I think I OD’d because I haven’t been able to eat a sub since — even the smell makes me sick. Next question.
10) do you like vegetables more than fruit?:
Not a chance… and neither does my stomach.
1) what’s your favorite type of nut?:
Almonds win by default since they’re pretty much the only one I can eat.
2) what’s your least favorite type of nut?:
Pesky peanuts… but my allergy might make me a little biased.
3) what’s your favorite type of nut-butter?:
Almond… and I especially love Maisie Jane’s and Justin’s.
4) are you good with portion control when it comes to nuts or nut-butters?:
I don’t have a problem with nuts since I don’t care much for eating them on their own, but I can definitely get carried away with nut butters… especially if chocolate is involved
5) what’s your favorite recipe that involves nuts or nut-butters?:
Not a fair question! I’m pretty sure 75% of my recipes use almond butter in some way (I kind of like it), but if I had to pick just one, I’d go with these soft and chewy protein granola bars, since I’ve probably made them about 15+ times now.
6) have you ever tried pea-butter or soynut butter?:
Pea, no; soynut, yes — I actually really love it!
7) when was the last time you ate nuts?:
Are we talking nut nuts? Like… on their own? Because that I can’t recall. But if we’re talking butter form, I had a nice blob of almond butter on my oatmeal this morning.
8) is anybody close to you allergic to nuts?:
That would be me, myself, and I.
9) what’s your favorite way to use nut-butters?:
I’m quite a big fan of the ‘spoon-to-mouth’ method, especially if chocolate chips are involved.
10) do you think nuts are worth the calories?:
Only when they’re in nut butter form.
What’s your favourite type of cereal?
What’s your least favourite type of fruit?
Did you like vegetables as a little kid?
What’s your favourite type of nut butter?
More places to find me!
E-mail — [email protected]
Twitter — runwithspoons
Facebook — runningwithspoons
Pinterest — runwithspoons
Instagram — runwithspoons
Bloglovin — runningwithspoons
Not a fan of raspberries. Be still my heart, I need to grieve this piece of information especially since they’re my most favorite. Tear, tear.
I suppose I will forgive you because I’m not a fan of eggplant either, and I didn’t really love zucchini much either until I discovered it tastes amazing in shredded pancakes (Arman and Heather both have some great ones). Now I’m actually growing zucchini just so I can eat those pancakes all winter long (because obviously I intend to freeze most of it).
As to your questions:
What’s your favourite type of cereal? I rarely eat cereal so I guess I’ll have to say granola.
What’s your least favourite type of fruit? Um raspberries, hello. Only nature’s most precious fruit. I might have made that last part up.
Did you like vegetables as a little kid? Yep, I always ate all my side dishes which involved a veggie and a starch and then fought mom and dad over the meat portion of the meal.
What’s your favourite type of nut butter? Peanut butter (sorry) although honey roasted peanut butter specifically.
Amanda @ .running with spoons.
I can forgive you for liking peanut butter if you can forgive me for not liking raspberries? Deal? Deal. We should settle it over coffee and a scone 🙂
Gurl, corn and pototaoes are veggies? Since when? LOL. Fun post! I could never choose a favorite cereal, OMG! I can barely think of any I don’t like!
Great post! I love all nut butters, but Sunbutter is by far my favorite. It’s absolutely amazing.
You know, I don’t think I’ve ever really eaten plums! So I’m with you on that one. I love veggies… and seriously, a life without nut butter is not one I am interested in living.
I agree with you on *almost* everything, except raspberries are de-LICIOUS. Especially in cappuccino form 😉
Arman @ thebigmansworld
….is it creepy that I could probably have answered each question on your behalf?