Flavoured with molasses and warming spices, these light and fluffy Chocolate Chip Gingerbread Greek Yogurt Pancakes make a delicious and healthy holiday breakfast!
Please tell me you aren’t sick of gingerbread yet… because I have one more sweet and spicy recipe to share with you guys before Christmas (2 more days!!!), and while I briefly considered playing around with another one of the fabulous Christmas flavour combinations out there (chocolate orange was a big contender), I always seem to get hit with a huge molasses addiction around this time of the year, so I’m not even going to bother trying to fight it #SorryImNotSorry.
I have a feeling you’ll forgive me, though…
Do you have a go-to Christmas morning breakfast tradition? I know that cinnamon buns are a big one for a lot of people, but it’s always been pancakes at my house. Buttermilk pancakes topped with a sprinkle of icing sugar. Or maple syrup because #IAmCanadian.
I seriously love pancakes, but the whole flipping process has always stressed me out so Christmas morning breakfast was usually Mom’s job. And man oh man did she do some quality work. To this day, I have yet to find pancakes that I like more than hers, and even though she’s tried to teach me the ropes a few times, I’ve never quite been able to make pancakes like her.
So I put my own spin on things… literally.
You guys know I adore my Blendtec Designer 725. I rely on it so much, that it even managed to snag a permanent place on my kitchen counter… which is saying a lot for someone who doesn’t like her counter space being cluttered. But I was getting tired of constantly taking it in and out of my cupboards seeing as I use it for everything from smoothies, to muffins, to pancakes.
Yup. Pancakes. Chocolate Chip Gingerbread Greek Yogurt Pancakes, in this case.
They’re light. They’re fluffy. They’re sweet. They’re spicy. They’re basically everything I look for in pancakes. They’re also incredibly healthy, with a good dose of protein from the Greek yogurt and egg whites, fibre from the oats, and chocolate for the antioxidants 😉
And if that wasn’t enough, they’re crazy easy to whip up. No messy bowls and no hand mixing… just a few seconds in the blender to make the batter, and then straight onto the skillet. Foolproof and delicious — what more could you ask for during the craziness of the holidays?
I’d love to know if you make this (or any!) recipe! Tag @runwithspoons on Instagram and Twitter, and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!Print
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 2–3 tsp. molasses
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat and coat it with cooking spray or oil. You want to make sure that it’s very hot before you start cooking your pancakes.
- Add ingredients to a blender in the order listed and blend until oats are broken down and batter is smooth. Allow batter to sit for a few minutes so that it thickens up.
- Pour batter straight from blender onto skillet until desired size of pancakes is reached. Sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top and cook until the edges have set and bubbles begin to form on the tops of the pancakes, about 3 minutes. Using a spatula, flip and cook for another 2 minutes. Repeat until all the batter is gone, making sure to coat your skillet again with oil between each batch.
- Remove from heat and serve with your favourite toppings.
* Recipe makes 1 serving of 6 palm-sized pancakes. You can easily double of triple it to make more.
Keywords: Christmas breakfast, gingerbread Greek yogurt pancakes, gingerbread pancakes, gluten-free pancakes, greek yogurt pancakes, recipe
Looking for more great recipe ideas? Follow Blendtec on social media for inspiration!
This post is sponsored by FitFluential LLC on behalf of Blendtec.