It’s that time of the month again!
And, no… not that time of the month (don’t worry – my mind went there too). It’s that time of the month where we take a look back at all the awesome things that happened in the last
30 28 days. February, you weirdo.
I started doing these kinds of posts back in January after scrapping my monthly favourites posts, and I really like them because they force me to slow down and actually make a note of all the highlights that I’d otherwise just gloss over and forget about while I’m busy focusing on the future. When you really stop to think about it, a lot of awesome things happen that we might not give ourselves enough credit for… so these posts are for doing just that!
Before we get into it, though, I just wanted to thank you guys for all your well wishes regarding my back. It’s feeling quite a bit better, but still a ways from 100%… which sucks because I was hoping to get up to the mountains this weekend. Le boo. But enough doom and gloom — on to the good stuff!
For Savory Style:
. – . – . – .
- I think my absolute favourite blog-related news was the fact that Thinking Out Loud hit another all time high this month with over 100 linkup. I feel like I say this all the time, but I really appreciate you guys participating, commenting, and reading every week. I seriously never expected ToL to grow so much when I first started it out, but I guess everyone is looking for an excuse to dump random thoughts into a post in bullet point form. I feel ya, friends. I feel ya.
- Oh snap! Okay, favourite blog-related news is tied because I just remembered that my Banana Oat Greek Yogurt Muffins hit over 500,000 pins this month. That’s just… boggling. I remember checking in on them a week ago when they were at 490k and wondering if they’d push 500 so I could include them in this recap. Lo and behold… 518. Boggled.
- Not as many features this month as I had back in January, but my Banana Bread Granola Bars went up on MyFitnessPal, so that was pretty neat!
- The last week in February marked National Eating Disorders Awareness Week, and it was so great to see so many people raising awareness about the dangers of eating disorders. I shared my own post on the issue, and while it’s still a topic I feel very passionately about, I’m finding it so much easier to live recovery than write about it.
- And thanks so much for helping Spoons hit over 8k likes on Facebook. Love you guys!
. – . – . – .
- Weekend mountain getaways are probably my favourite part of every winter month, but I somehow only managed one in February. I was hoping to head out again tomorrow, but my dratted back decided to be a jerk. It’s feeling heaps better, though, so there’s hope yet! #PrayForSpoons
- In other fitness related news, running has been going well! You guys know I’m following the Couch to 5K program, and I’ve gotten to the point where I think I’m running more than walking. I’ve been taking it slow and repeating a lot of the weeks because I kind of need to save my legs for boarding, but my running has steadily been getting better… which is what I was after all along.
- Other than that, life has been mostly work and school. Coaching is seriously the love of my life, and I find myself wanting to study even in my spare time. That being said, my work/life balance definitely needs a huge overhaul, because yeah… I’d rather avoid any more stress-induced seized muscles…
. – . – . – .
- More recipes! I was kind of at a loss for what kind of theme to go for in March, but carrot cake and shamrock shake [type things] seem to be the most popular, so we’re going to see how we can work those flavours into something Spoonified.
- The return of What I Ate Wednesday and As We Speak! You guys keep telling me that you miss them, and honestly… I do too. I’ve got them in the schedule for March, so I’m definitely looking forward to making things a little more personal around here.
Tell me at least one awesome thing that happened in February!
What’s in the books for March?