Don’t laugh, but I actually keep a running list of notes for these posts 😆
But considering I can barely remember what I did yesterday, remembering an entire month’s worth of events that stand out is just asking way too much. Everything feels like it happened forever ago, but at the same time, I can barely believe it’s the end of April… which is why I love these monthly recaps! They give me a chance to update you guys with what’s been going on with me and catch you up with anything you might have missed, as well as remind me about the things I may have forgotten about. So without further ado, April… at a glance.
. – . – . – .
- Shoutout to all the awesome sites that showed Spoons some love this month!
- Buzzfeed featured my Flourless Chocolate Brownies in their “37 Next Level Brownies” roundup.
- Buzzfeed also featured my Banana Oat Greek Yogurt Muffins and my Apple Oat Greek Yogurt Muffins in their “27 Greek Yogurt Recipes You Need to Make” roundup.
- Skinny Mom featured my Double Chocolate Mug Cake in their “30 Recipes You Can Make in a Mug” roundup.
- Skinny Mom also featured a handful of my flourless muffins in their “30 Flourless and Skinny Desserts the Whole Family Will Love” roundup.
- Booya Fitness featured my Carrot Cake Energy Bites in their “13 Healthier Recipes to Satisfy Your Carrot Cake Cravings” roundup.
- Spoons hit over 9,000 followers on Facebook this month and is fast approaching 8k on Instagram, so hello, hello to all my new friends 😀
- You know what’s crazy? I’ve really been enjoying doing WIAW posts. I only got around to doing two (1, 2) in April, but I want to try for 3 in May… especially since you guys seem to like them as well!
- Blogger friends! Don’t forget about Google’s changes to page rank and mobile responsiveness. Spoons needed a little face lift on the mobile front, so you might want to take the Mobile Friendly test to see if your blog does as well.
. – . – . – .
- April is birthday month here in the Spoons family, with both my Mom and Dad celebrating. Between that and Easter, lots of cake has been consumed this month…
- How much are we loving the warmer weather and longer days?! I didn’t even realize how funky I was feeling after winter until I started feeling so much better in spring. And it’s only going to keep getting better!
- That being said… I’ll definitely miss snowboarding. I managed two trips to the mountains this month (one captured in selfies), and I’m pretty sure I’m done until December. Le boo. But that means…
- … I’ll be able to get more serious about running! After slacking a little in March, I was back to running 3x a week in April, but I never wanted to push myself too hard because my legs were either tired from boarding or I didn’t want them to be too tired for boarding. Now that I don’t have to worry about that anymore, I can work on getting a little faster and stronger. Hopefully 😆
- I also need to work on a better work/life balance. Between blogging, coaching, and studying, sometimes I feel like I have no time to do anything else, and when I do, I’m too tired. Work in progress.
. – . – . – .
- More recipes! I haven’t really picked out a specific theme for May, but I’ve really been enjoying experimenting with vegan baking, so you can definitely expect a few more healthy plant-based desserts in the upcoming weeks.
- I’ve been thinking about giving Spoons a facelift, but I’m crazy indecisive and can’t decide on a designer. Ideally I’d love to do it all myself, but I’m pretty sure I’d go a little crazy if I tried to add any more to my plate.
Tell me at least one awesome thing that happened in April!
Anything exciting coming up in May?