Light, fluffy, and sporting a healthy helping of veggies, these Zucchini Greek Yogurt Pancakes make an easy and delicious breakfast! Gluten-free thanks to the oats, they’ll keep you satisfied all morning with over 20g of protein!
I think my pancake flipping skills are improving… she says as she glances up from her keyboard just in time to see smoke rising from the skillet sitting on the stove. Apparently trying to write a blog post while you cook isn’t the best idea; but at least it makes for a good opening line!
I wasn’t kidding about the pancake skills, though. Long-time readers know that my ability to flip pancake has always left something to be desired, but save for that last straggler pancake (and maybe the second-to-last one that ended up a little ‘well done’ as well), I’d like to think that practice has made
perfect pretty darn good…
Either that or I’ve managed to find a foolproof pancake recipe that basically makes itself. Let’s go with a little bit of both.
So these pancakes are a lightly adapted version of my much-loved Banana Oat Greek Yogurt Pancakes… except that I sacked the banana and tossed in some zucchini instead. I know, I know. Who are you and what have you done to the real Amanda… right?! It’s no secret that
the real Amanda me and the squishy summer squash haven’t always been on the best of terms, but I’m a firm believer in second (or third, or fourth…) chances, and after being pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed these flourless chocolate zucchini muffins, I wanted to see how the squishy squash would behave in pancakes…
Okay, that’s only partially true. I was mostly just in dire need of a summery recipe so that I wouldn’t jump the gun and bust out the pumpkin way too early… and then have everyone tell me to slow down and stop wishing summer away.
Pft. I’m totally not wishing summer away. I’m simply wishing fall here — it’s not my fault the two have to be mutually exclusive. It’s just that the calm and quiet of fall suits my personality type way better, and while I don’t mind summer, I feel the most ‘alive’ in the autumn.
But I digress. Pancakes!
Zucchini pancakes. Or zucchini Greek yogurt pancakes if you really want to get specific.
This entire recipe (6 – 7 palm-sized pancakes) is a single serving and boasts a gorgeous 20g of protein at just under 300 calories — not a bad way to start the day! And to make things even better, you whip them up in your blender, meaning cleanup is minimal and you don’t have to worry about over-mixing a fussy batter and ending up with tough pancakes.
They’re light, they’re fluffy, they’re gluten-free, and they’re just plain delicious. So enjoy the tail-end of summer by starting your day with a tasty seasonal breakfast.
I’d love to know if you make this recipe! Leave a comment and rating down below to let me know what you think, and subscribe to our mailing list to receive new recipes in your inbox!Print
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup rolled oats*
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 egg whites or 1 large egg
- 1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. almond milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup shredded zucchini, packed
- Preheat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and coat it with cooking spray or oil. You want to make sure that it’s very hot before you start cooking your pancakes.
- Add all ingredients except for zucchini to a blender in the order listed and blend until oats are fully broken down and batter is smooth and frothy. Fold in shredded zucchini and allow batter to sit for a few minutes so that it thickens up.
- Pour batter straight from blender onto skillet until desired size of pancakes is reached and cook until the edges have set and bubbles begin to form on the tops of the pancakes, about 3 minutes. Using a spatula, flip and cook for another 2 minutes. Repeat until all the batter is gone, making sure to coat your skillet again with oil between each batch.
- Top with butter, syrup, berries, yogurt, cottage cheese, or your favourite toppings. Serve warm.
* Make sure to use certified gluten-free oats if you need these to be GF.
Keywords: breakfast, gluten-free, Greek yogurt, greek yogurt pancakes, pancakes, recipe, zucchini, zucchini pancakes
Looking for more Greek yogurt pancake recipes? Try one of these!