Happy #thinkingoutloud Thursday! No idea what I’m going on about? Click here!
1. ALL the cookies! I’ve been on a bit of a baking spree with all this holiday goodness going around, and I’m currently on batch number I forget of Christmas cookies. This last one was a batch of these shortbread cookies, and they actually came out really well! The whole family loved them, and they really did remind me of traditional shortbread cookies in how buttery and crumbly-but-tender they came out.
2. Oh, and it feels 100% strange to use a recipe that isn’t my own after years and years of doing nothing but recipe testing and creation. Strange and kind of nice to have that break. That being said, I’m planning on bringing the recipes back to Spoons after the new year, so that’s kind of what I’ve been working on behind the scenes. Also… forgive the so-so cookie picture, but I definitely put less time and effort into trying to make recipes look “pretty” when I know I won’t be taking pictures of them for Spoons… which is basically exactly what I do with all of the food I eat. Don’t judge me.
3. On that note, what’s your favourite Christmas cookie? Because I think mine is honestly just plain old cut-out sugar cookies, but then I can never get myself to actually make them because I don’t want to deal with the whole ordeal of rolling out the dough, chilling it, cutting out shapes, etc. I need to get over it before Christmas though, because I want to do some serious cookie decorating in the coming days.
4. Speaking of Christmas, I get a mini one each month when my Ipsy bag shows up in my mailbox. I’ve been subbed to this for over a year now, and I seriously love it just as much now as I did when I first signed up. And I always seem to get baggies that I’m super happy with! This month we have a clay mask (love), gold eyeshadow, black gel liner, a cute brush, and a plumping lip gloss. The only problem I have is that I seriously don’t know what to do with all of the baggies I get… Kind of drowning in them.
5. Side note… I think I ate too many roasted potatoes for dinner tonight (so good!!) and I’m bordering on food coma right now. It’s too early for that, isn’t it? But I’m warming up for Christmas, I guess. Oof. I’m not sure if I should get up and try to walk it off or just pass out on the couch and let my stomach do it’s thing. Please digest!
6. This is me reminding myself that I need to go to DavidsTea when I do my last bit of Christmas shopping (today) to pick up some teas that I’ve been craving… The Spice Is Right and Apple Cider. So, so good. And I actually blame my tea Advent calendar from some random year for getting me hooked onto them… It was love at first sip.
7. And that’s that, friendly faces! I probably won’t get a chance to talk to you again before Christmas here on the blog, so I just wanted to wish you a very merry one and say that I hope yours is filled with as much love and amazingness as you can handle. Love you guys.
No questions! Just tell me whatever randomness comes to mind!
More places to find me!