. currently – august 2014 .

by Amanda @ .running with spoons. on August 6, 2014

Honey, I’m home! :D

Didya miss me? Because I missed you guys! My wifi connection was pretty much non-existent the entire time I was gone, so even though I was tempted to check in with you guys a few times over the weekend (does anyone else have trouble disconnecting 100%?!), there was literally nothing I could do. Nada. Zip.

The mountains were fabulous, though — seriously an amazing time. We ended up doing/seeing so much that it’s hard to believe we were only up there for 3 days. I’ll definitely be sharing some highlights from the trip, but seeing as we’re already 6 days into August and I have yet to fill out a monthly ‘currently‘ post, we’re going to do that first… So here it is :)

Current book: I’m kind of in-between books at the moment. I always have a hard time getting into something new after coming off a really good series, and I’m not quite sure what to pick up next. Thankfully, Heir of Fire (the 3rd book in the Throne of Glass series) comes out in less than a month. Can.not.wait.

Current music: Still listening to Black Widow by Iggy Azalea, but after having it on repeat for pretty much two weeks straight, I have to admit that I’m getting a little sick of it. Time to find a new song to obsess over…

Current guilty pleasure: Travelling. I know it seems like I’m always going somewhere, but that’s because it’s honestly what I live for. I love seeing new places and experiencing new things, and while I do occasionally jet off to Hawaii or Vegas, I also go on road trips with my family and sleep in the dirt with my friends. It’s a big world out there — I’d like to see as much of it as I can.

Maligne Canyon

Current nail colour: I keep meaning to paint my nails with a fun summer colour, but I can’t seem to get away from the Hard as Nails nail strengthener that I mentioned in my July favourites… I just love what it does to my nails too much to give it up. That and I’m kind of in love with the fact that I don’t have to worry about chips.

Current drink: Kombucha… but whyyyyyy does it have to be so expensive?! :cry: I die a little inside when I have to fork over $4.50 for one bottle, but I try to stretch it out by only drinking 1/3 – 1/2 a bottle a day. I’d love to learn to brew my own, but I’m kind of paranoid that I’d do something wrong and make myself sick <– worst nightmare.

Gingerberry Kombucha

Current food: ALL the cereal. The obsession is real, friends…

Cereal Addiction

Current obsession: Other than cereal? This Evian facial spray. It’s just a natural mineral water that comes out in a fine mist, but it’s so incredibly refreshing to spray on your face throughout the day – I carry a bottle around with me pretty much everywhere I go.

Evian Facial Spray

Current wish: To live in the mountains. I feel the most alive when I’m surrounded by mountains, forests, rivers, and lakes, and I’d give anything to be able to feel that way 100% of the time instead of only when I can go visit every few months. This used to be nothing more than a “yeah right, never gonna happen” kind of thought, but it’s gotten to the point where I’m pretty set on making it happen within the next 5 years.

Mountain View

Current need: A new memory card for my camera. I forgot to pick one up before taking off for the weekend, and having to go back to delete old pictures before I could take new ones was the bane of my existence.

Current triumph: Not getting eaten by a bear while camping, not falling off the side of a mountain while hiking, and not drowning while white water rafting. Great successes, all of them.

Jasper Rafting

Current bane of my existence: Mosquito bites. Anyone wanna play connect the dots on my legs? :D

Current indulgence: A Prada Saffiano Lux bag. I’m a purse girl — hands down. Shoes are shoes, but purses are purses… know what I mean? I’ve been going back and forth on the idea of buying a really nice designer bag for years and years now, and finally decided to treat myself on my last trip to Vegas. I’m kind of in love.

Prada Saffiano Lux

Current procrastination: Going out and actually buying aforementioned memory card. You guys — this is super embarrassing. I mentioned needing one in April and I still haven’t gone out and gotten one — I just keep deleting old pictures! No more excuses. Going to pick one up today, along with Divergent. Hold me to it.

Current blessing: Having a job that I love. Never in a million years did I ever think that I’d end up where I am right now — health coaching and blogging. I’m still a little ways away from turning this into a full-time gig, but all signs are definitely pointing in that direction!

Current excitement: Planning another trip :D You know the family road trip that I went on last fall? My parents want to do another one this year. We’re not 100% sure where we want to go yet, but I’m just happy to be able to see something new.

Twisty Road4

Current mood: Is hungry a mood? Because that’s definitely the most salient thing I’m feeling right now :lol: I think all the galavanting up and down mountains that I did over the weekend is starting to catch up with me. Holy.wow.

Current link: Only about a bajillion unread posts in Bloglovin :shock: I should probably get on that…

That’s all for me today! See you guys tomorrow with a trip-inspired Thinking Out Loud :D

Signature

Your turn! Give me your current:
1) … food.
2) … wish.
3) … triumph.
4) … excitement.
5) … mood.

More places to find me!
E-mail — runwithspoons@hotmail.com
Twitter — runwithspoons
Facebook — runningwithspoons
Pinterest — runwithspoons
Instagram — runwithspoons
Bloglovin — runningwithspoons

1 Michele @ paleorunningmomma August 6, 2014 at 6:07 am

I wish kombucha were less too! I can get them for $3.50 a bottle (god don’t tell my husband!) but that’s still a lot! I too have thought about brewing my own but haven’t gotten around to learning how to do it. I’ve heard people who do it really love it and it saves so much!
Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted..Paleo-ish for Marathon Training? Plus a Picky Eater UpdateMy Profile

2 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 6, 2014 at 8:35 am

I know Lindsay over at Cotter Crunch has some really great tutorials on how to brew your own! Definitely check out her posts for some info!

3 Shannon August 6, 2014 at 6:13 am

Oooh white water rafting sounds like a blast! And yes, hungry is a mood :)

Currently my favorite food [combo] is turkey and avocado. I seriously can’t get enough!
And I gotta get on painting my nails too – but giving them a break has made them so much stronger! Hmmm, decisions.

Welcome back! :)
Shannon recently posted..MIMM: 25th birthday celebratory weekend! So.Much.Cake.My Profile

4 Charlotte @ Commitness to Fitness August 6, 2014 at 6:13 am

Wow that purse :) I’ve always been more of a shoe girl than a purse girl (my friends and i have discussed the difference for hours at length- its a real thing) but even i’m like “hummina-hummina” over that prada. My current mood is optimistic :)
Charlotte @ Commitness to Fitness recently posted..In Boston, T is for SubwayMy Profile

5 Shashi @ RunninSrilankan August 6, 2014 at 6:31 am

I so understand feeling alive when surrounded by mountains/rivers and all that jazz – I feel the very same!!! Love the pictures! And I love how you enjoy your road trips with your parents – fingers crossed my daughter feels the same when she is your age.
I think I might have a song for you to replace Black Widow with – it’s: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PCkvCPvDXk&list=RD7PCkvCPvDXk#t=0 I simply love the lyrics!
My current food has been chocolate scones :) but I have been struggling with just having an appetite in general – this summer has really killed it – so far, checking foodgawker and pinterest round meal time is the only way to ignite it!
Glad you are back, lovely lady!
Shashi @ RunninSrilankan recently posted..Mystery Shake Ingredient Reveal…My Profile

6 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 6, 2014 at 8:39 am

That song! Omg you’re right about the lyrics — they’re perfect! And I definitely wasn’t a fan of travelling with my parents when I was in my teens and early twenties, but I’ve grown to appreciate them a lot more now that I’m older. I think it helped when I moved out :P

7 meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles August 6, 2014 at 6:33 am

Nothing better than a classic handbag…
meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles recently posted..Coconut Oil Is The Best MoisturizerMy Profile

8 Bridget August 6, 2014 at 6:34 am

I am obsessed with Iggy right now!!! I think I secretly just want to be cool like her since I’m a pretty big nerd!!
Food: whitefish… It’s all I want to eat right now!
Wish: I want to get my food fears under control.
Triumph: I ate pizza while on a camping trip with my family. Sounds dumb, but it was really difficult for me.
Excitement: starting my new job today
Mood: excited and nervous because of the new job!!!!

I’m so happy you are able to make a career out of blogging. Your blog inspires me so much. You are amazing!
Bridget recently posted..Surprise Date!!!!My Profile

9 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 6, 2014 at 8:48 am

Awwr girl! Good luck on your first day at the new job :D And about the food fears — it’s a slow and gradual process, so you just have to be patient and keep plugging away at it. Pizza is a -huge- step :)

10 Aly @ Aly Seeks Balance August 6, 2014 at 6:37 am

Oh my I am with you on so many levels. My bf and I just returned from a short trip to Door County, WI and it strikes me how in love with nature I am everytime I step foot in it. It just feels like being home. I’ve never been to a true mountain range though, so I definitely need to do that soon.
Also, kombucha is incredibly easy to make and, believe me, if I haven’t gotten sick making my own so far (probably have been doing it for around 4-6 months now) anyone can do it. I was really scared at first too, but honestly it’s worth not having to pay $4 a bottle!
Also also, I read the series but have not seen the movie Divergent yet – worth my time?
My current food is green smoothies :)

11 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 6, 2014 at 8:51 am

I thought the movie was pretty good! Nothing amazing, but entertaining enough. And Theo is pretty easy on the eyes ;)

12 Tarah @ Seeds of Clarity August 6, 2014 at 6:43 am

I looooove your purse!!! Well, worth the money if you ask me! It’s a classic piece. :) I always really like that you use a camera, which may seem silly but I have gotten away from that and tend to only use my iPhone. I wonder if they make disposable cameras anymore?! If you haven’t read Sharp Objects I highly recommend it! It’s an easy, reeeeeeally good read. I’m also really interested in that facial spray. I think that would be nice for office days when I can’t get some fresh air. Thanks for sharing!! :)

13 Amanda @ Positively Amanda August 6, 2014 at 6:46 am

Love that purse!! So cute
Amanda @ Positively Amanda recently posted..Best food I ate: NYCMy Profile

14 Susie @ Suzlyfe August 6, 2014 at 6:46 am

Alex and I escaped last weekend to Madison WI and it was just so nice to get away for a bit. I’ve been so spoiled the past 2 weeks with how much time we’ve been able to spend together, I don’t know what I”m going to do when he starts to get on those weird rotations again!
I too have been alllllll over the cereal recently, but so what else is new?
Susie @ Suzlyfe recently posted..(Mostly) Gluten Free Recipes Round Up #WIAWMy Profile

15 Kim @ FITsique August 6, 2014 at 6:47 am

My dream is to move to the mountains too. There’s something so peaceful and life changing about them <3 And can you say..cereal! That bowl looks Ah freakin mazing. My current wish is to see my family before classes start up again!
Kim @ FITsique recently posted..Drop the ScaleMy Profile

16 Khushboo August 6, 2014 at 6:47 am

LOVE the new bag! Even though it was expensive, consider it an investment..at least that’s what I tell myself ha! I am definitely with you about travelling- it’s the only thing we spend on money on that makes us richer so why not do as much as possible if time & funds permit! I would like to visit one new place before the end of the year so hopefully that happens! Even if it’s within India, I’ll take it!
Khushboo recently posted..Adding creaminess to smoothies without dairyMy Profile

17 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 6, 2014 at 8:52 am

That’s how I look at it as well… A purse is something I use everyday, and a classic piece will last me forever, so… it’s a good investment ;)

18 Jen @ Pretty Little Grub August 6, 2014 at 6:54 am

You went white water rafting too! So much fun, eh! We were lucky there were zero mosquitos in Fernie, love that!

19 Danielle @ Chits and Chats and Chocolate August 6, 2014 at 6:57 am

Food: definitely chocolate banana soft serve, I have some every day :)
Wish: I wish I could get a steady job that I love
Triumph: my blog is growing at a steady rate
Excitement: this year I get to teach high school pre calculus
Mood: free as a bird

20 Lauren August 6, 2014 at 6:59 am

Firstly you can so make living in the mountains happen if that makes you feel alive – do it :)
Second – white water rafting, I really want to do that! It must be so much fun!
Third – I feel you on Kombucha – what you said made me chuckle. I love the stuff and also hate the price but I am way tooo paranoid I will poison myself by making my own ha. That is also why I have not made my own fermented veggies/kefir etc yet… Maybe we could do it at the same time together and just go for it ha.
Fourth- I hear you on Mozzy bites – I am allergic to the damn things and they swell up into very unattractive mounds all over me. Super sexy look I like to go for on holiday… Thank god for anti-histamines…
Fifth – You will so make it into a full time gig – you are wonderful!
Sixth – I should stop commenting now… haha – welcome back :)
Lauren recently posted..I’m Back, and With a PledgeMy Profile

21 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 6, 2014 at 8:54 am

The funny thing is that my mom has been making her own kefir for years and years and she’s never had anything bad happen! I -will- get around to doing it one of these days, I’m just scared that, with my luck, I’ll be the first person to get sick from making their own :lol:

22 Amy @ Long Drive Journey August 6, 2014 at 7:06 am

Haha well considering you already live in the middle of nowhere to me, I think you should go for it and move to the mountains! Love that purse. What a dream…
Amy @ Long Drive Journey recently posted..Love the QuestionsMy Profile

23 Kirtley Freckleton@ The Gist of Fit August 6, 2014 at 7:13 am

I am SO tired of mosquito bites!! I hear you can eat more garlic or apple cider vinegar and you’ll ‘disappear’ to them…I’ll have to experiment with that.

White water rafter scares me to death!

I LOVE traveling. I’m glad you’re planning a road trip!
Kirtley Freckleton@ The Gist of Fit recently posted..Sugar Leash Series #2: The image I createdMy Profile

24 Jaclyn @ BumpSweat August 6, 2014 at 7:14 am

Making kombucha yourself is so easy, seriously! I was so nervous the first time, but now that I’ve gotten the routine down, it literally takes me maybe 5 minutes of active work. After that (plus the brewing days), I have 3 wine-bottle-sized bottles full of the stuff for CHEAP!
Jaclyn @ BumpSweat recently posted..Pregnancy {Fitness} Myth-Busting: Keep Your Heart Rate Below 140 BPMMy Profile

25 Jaclyn @ BumpSweat August 6, 2014 at 7:18 am

Here’s my step-by-step tutorial, if you would be ready to try it on your own http://www.bumpsweat.com/2014/05/12/motivation-inspiration-monday-make-your-own-home-brewed-kombucha/

26 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 6, 2014 at 8:59 am

Oooo! Thanks for sharing, Jaclyn! I’m definitely getting closer and closer to actually working up the nerve to try it out. Now to find a scoby…

27 Kat August 6, 2014 at 7:19 am

Purses are my THING. Well, that and boots. I have a weird obsession with moto boots and ankle boots. BUT, back to purses. My prize possessions are my two Steve Madden purses…that are EXACTLY the same, just different colors. I found them at Marshalls [half off babyyy!] but couldn’t decide between black or tan. It was summer so I went with tan, only to rush home and tell my mom to get the black one for me for xmas. She hauled me right back there and bought it, then stored it away 5 months till xmas. Longest wait of my life!! ;)
Kat recently posted..[WIAW] Snap Peas & Purple PotatoesMy Profile

28 Brynn August 6, 2014 at 7:33 am

I love Black Widow and also savor my kombucha by splitting it over two days. Ha!
Brynn recently posted..WIAW: Vehicles for VeggiesMy Profile

29 Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves August 6, 2014 at 7:34 am

That waterfall!! Take me there, please? And when I was obsessed with beauty gurus on YouTube, I always wanted that Evian spray. It sounds so wonderful, and I definitely could have used it in the relentless Florida heat.
Current food: Kath’s peach dough boy smoothie. I’ve had three in the past week!
Current wish: That all my college stuff can be packed by the snap of my fingers. :D
Current excitement: Seeing all my friends after three weeks of being away. And college…sorta.
Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..The Way I See Myself Has ChangedMy Profile

30 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More August 6, 2014 at 7:43 am

I’d love to turn blogging into even a better part-time job…lol! ;)

But honestly, sometimes I swear the best thing is being in a place where you are FORCED to disconnect because otherwise it is SO hard!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Phone Dump + Giveaway Winner!My Profile

31 Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne August 6, 2014 at 7:44 am

I’m right with you on Black Widow, I listen to it with every weight lifting session, and look forward to it so much, it’s honestly ridiculous haha. And Traveling! I feel you on this!! I look forward to so many trips that me and the boyfriend have planned. And our conversations on it just go for days!
Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted..Benefits of YogaMy Profile

32 Ella August 6, 2014 at 7:46 am

1) … food: ALL THE BERRIES! We are in Michigan for a vacation and the amount of U-pick orchards here is ridiculous. Cherries, blueberries, raspberries… Give me it all!
2) … wish: To stay in MI another couple of weeks. Not looking forward to ending this trip :(
3) … triumph: making vegan food for my (VERY carnivorous) extended family and it getting rave reviews every time! Also making a couple of vegan+GF dinners for a (celiac) close family friend that were hits.
4) … excitement: shopping for back to school supplies (hi, organization freak here) and fall clothes+candles!
5) … mood: Disbelief that there’s only about 140 days till xmas. WHAT.
Totally feel your pain about the kombucha. SO expensive, yet I’d be scared to make it too!
Ella recently posted..My Top 5 Summer Blushes!My Profile

33 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 6, 2014 at 9:04 am

140 days until Christmas?!? Omg… time to bust out the snowman decorations soon :P And I -totally- feel you on the excitement of buying school supplies. That was one thing I looked forward to so much when I was still in school, and I’d end up buying new supplies even when the old ones were still perfectly usable :lol:

34 Nikki @ grab your kicks August 6, 2014 at 7:48 am

I’d love to make my own kombucha too, but the process scares me. I hate that it’s so expensive, so I would just drink a little each day. Love the gingerberry flavor!
Nikki @ grab your kicks recently posted..Camping EatsMy Profile

35 Hollie August 6, 2014 at 7:51 am

I’m actually going to the Iggy concert next month. I’m really excited for it. My current excitement…I’m honestly not really sure. I am about to enter a new chapter in my life and it’s not exciting in the slightest. But the fall weather is nice. So I guess fall?
Hollie recently posted..Enjoying a Simple Healthy LifeMy Profile

36 Lucie@FitSwissChick August 6, 2014 at 7:52 am

Make the move. My brother and his wife just moved to the mountains past April and they are in LOVE. I can always feel their excitement when they leave the city to go home – and then hear the relief when they arrived there. It must be something. I would prefer the beach though :-)

And as for travelling – same here!! I am planning trip after trip – next one will be Tel Aviv – CrossFitting there at the beach. I might squeeze in a few days in Spain too :-)
Lucie@FitSwissChick recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday and an important questionMy Profile

37 Kelsey August 6, 2014 at 7:55 am

The mountains look gorgeous! I can totally understand your feeling most alive when you are there. I am happy to hear that your close to making the blog and coaching a full time gig, you deserve it!

Currently
1) … food. Cereal. I am right there with you. I always have a (heaping) bowl before bed and I need to stop. I seriously get so bloated and uncomfortable but it tastes so.freaking.good.
2) … wish. Everything will go smoothly in buying land. My husband and I are in the process of purchasing 28 acres to eventually build our dream home on and while things look good, I just hope everything goes over without a hitch.
3) … triumph. Gardening! My mini box garden is producing zucchini and tomatoes!
4) … excitement. Life. Life is just really good right now and I am thankful for my job, my family, everything!
5) … mood. Hopeful :)

38 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 6, 2014 at 9:05 am

28 acres and a dream home? Omigoodness — that sounds absolutely incredible! Definitely keeping my fingers crossed for you, Kelsey <3

39 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl August 6, 2014 at 8:20 am

Oh my goodness… loving that Black Widow song too! I’m also a purse girl and I usually go with Coach, but I’m going to look up that Prada one that you have. It’s super cute. Glad that you had a blast in the mountains!
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..Incredible Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with cashew cream icingMy Profile

40 Lauren @ ihadabiglunch August 6, 2014 at 8:24 am

I haven’t traveled in farrrrrr too long. I’m with you – traveling to new places or places where I can explore and do tons of outdoor and fun activities is one of the best parts of life! I’m in between books right now too but just finished Gone Girl – I want another fiction book to read but I think I’m going to read The Happiness Project too, just because I’d love to get that perspective on life right now.
Lauren @ ihadabiglunch recently posted..My Personal Journey to Health + 10 Year Olds Are More Afraid Of Getting Fat Than CancerMy Profile

41 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 6, 2014 at 9:06 am

I really enjoyed The Happiness Project! It was one of those books where I had to bust out the highlighter because there were so many good points that I wanted to remember and put into practice.

42 Elsie @ Sharing Healthiness August 6, 2014 at 8:45 am

I see you definitely enjoyed the trip!!! I am eager to read about your adventure!!
Travelling in general is my life long obsession. I just love to travel to new places and learn how people around the world live. We all live in the same world yet just going to these places shows you how different life can be!
I am also a purses girl. I love shoes but the high heel fact kills me so I tend to splurge on purses or jewellery!
Elsie @ Sharing Healthiness recently posted..WIAW – Favourites EditionMy Profile

43 Laura @losingrace August 6, 2014 at 9:05 am

I’m totally with you on so much of this. Cereal is my life lately, love love love it. I go through so much though!

I was just making a list yesterday of potential places to move (planning on moving out of state within next year or 2) and almost every place on the list has mountains there or within a short drive. LOVE.
Laura @losingrace recently posted..ROC Training: The Turning PointMy Profile

44 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 6, 2014 at 9:08 am

So I have to admit…I disagree with you on the shoes vs. purse thing. Maybe it’s because I’m so hard on my purses that I break them within a year anyways? I don’t care about designer purses, but my Jimmy Choos are basically my most prized possession.
I’m 100% with you on the travelling thing…I’m craving adventure these days.

1) food: ice cream. I had to laugh when my friend showed up at my parents Sunday night with a tub of it…so appropriate right now.
2) wish: that my job hunt pays off!
3) triumph: weighing fear of the unknown vs. the knowledge that I wouldn’t be happy staying in the position that I was in…and taking the plunge and facing fear head-on.
4) excitement: future possibilities. And my tattoo appointment next week!
5) … mood.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..WIAW: Not In My Kitchen.My Profile

45 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 6, 2014 at 9:13 am

Ahh, forgot mood! Mood: Nervous!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..WIAW: Not In My Kitchen.My Profile

46 Jen @ Chase the Red Grape August 6, 2014 at 9:08 am

I am definitely going to brew my own booch soon but the problem is getting a SCOBY – so hard to get one in the UK so I am going to have to make my own :-S eeek!

Love that bag! want that bag! Need that bag!!!!!
Jen @ Chase the Red Grape recently posted..Foodie Anniversary Dinner!My Profile

47 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 6, 2014 at 11:50 am

Yeah I have no idea where I’m going to get a scoby from either. I know that you can find them on Amazon though — you can check if they ship to the UK!

48 Laur August 6, 2014 at 9:09 am

I hear you on the bug bites. I swear they EAT ME ALIVE whenever I am outside. I am always the one covered from head to toe ><

Current…
1) … food. Fresh tomato sandwiches and corn on the cob. FEED ME.
2) … wish. To feel like I had any idea of what I want to do with my life. Le sigh.
3) … triumph. Baking a cake for my aunt's parent's 50th wedding anniversary! :D
4) … excitement. Job interviews. Little things.
5) … mood. Actually, I'm pretty hungry so I'll go fix it! ;o)

Have a great day, Amanda!

49 Caitlin August 6, 2014 at 9:13 am

Cannot wait for that book :)

Food…cereal and sandwiches. On kicks with both
Triumph…getting out of bed yesterday and this morning to do my usual routine even when all I wanted to do was stay in bed asleep and unmoving
Wish…third throne of glass book and for some guidance in life
Excitement…going away to race with my friends this weekend and then hopefully seeing joe on Sunday for a few hours
Mood…pensive…thinking about the future is sad, scary, and exhilarating as I get used to the idea of upcoming changes
Caitlin recently posted..Life HappensMy Profile

50 Pip {Cherries & Chisme} August 6, 2014 at 9:16 am

BEAUTIFUL bag!
I did get a little sad when I read that you wanted to move to the mountains – “nooo don’t leave us!!’ – then I remembered that internet is perfectly transportable… oops. Think I’ve been doing too much uni reading..!!
Oh the hunger, I’ve had THREE days of crazy hunger, it’s getting a little tiresome now…
Pip {Cherries & Chisme} recently posted..{WIAW} Whole 30 – Day 1My Profile

51 Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious August 6, 2014 at 9:43 am

I’m so with you on the purses. Shoes are just meh…unless they’re pink running shoes of course. :0)
I recently discovered Tradsey. It’s a second hand website of designer merchandise that is certified. I snagged a LV purse last month for 1/3 of the regular price.
Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious recently posted..WIAW…in a Fitness FunkMy Profile

52 Heather August 6, 2014 at 9:50 am

Where did you get ur Synergy Kombucha? i live in CT the closest place that sells it is Alabama :( I looked on Amazon and they have it by the case. 50 bucks plus 37 bucks to ship it and thats just outrageous!

53 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 6, 2014 at 11:55 am

Ugh I know what you mean about ordering online — the shipping makes me die a little inside. Luckily I can find kombucha at a health food store that’s about a 5 minute walk from my place. Then again, I’d probably be more motivated to brew my own if I had a hard time finding it.

54 heather August 7, 2014 at 9:40 am

I totally would try to make my own. My luck tho, ill develop the bacteria that will start the zombie apocolyps lol Ill try whole foods.. they got everything.. just hate the drive to get there

55 Liz @ I Heart Vegetables August 6, 2014 at 9:56 am

OMG I feel the SAME way about Kombucha. I want to make my own to save money but I’m scared I’ll do it wrong and die from a deadly bacteria hahaha
Liz @ I Heart Vegetables recently posted..Parmesan Sweet Potato ChipsMy Profile

56 Nathalie C. @ Devoted Foodie August 6, 2014 at 10:39 am

Nice handbag. I’m also a purse person so I totally get it!
Food: watermelon!
Wish: that my 1st year in grad school goes smoothly and that I stay organized when it comes to school and keeping my blog current.
Triumph: posting todays blog post early this AM (as opposed to later in the day like I usually do)
Excitement: starting my program, buying school supplies
Mood: Excited
Nathalie C. @ Devoted Foodie recently posted..Recipe Remix (aka No Waste Wednesday) 8/6: (Water)Melon Mint and Lime GranitaMy Profile

57 Kelly @ Kelly Runs For Food August 6, 2014 at 10:41 am

That Prada, so gorgeous! I read that whole book series you’d been talking about (under the never sky) this past weekend and now I don’t know what to do with myself. I definitely need to find a new book fast!
Kelly @ Kelly Runs For Food recently posted..Impromptu Date NightMy Profile

58 Alexis @ Hummusapien August 6, 2014 at 11:00 am

That beautiful black bag…I’m dying!! Oh and why have I never put fresh bloobs in my cereal? That is most definitely going to be my snackity tonight. That or one of your fab mug cakes :)
Alexis @ Hummusapien recently posted..What I Ate WednesdayMy Profile

59 Jo @ LivingMintGreen August 6, 2014 at 11:06 am

Once the mountain magic has a hold of you, it doesn’t let go. I’m excited to see where you’ll end up on your journey. Where would you like to live? Banff?

60 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 6, 2014 at 12:07 pm

I know you know what I’m talking about. I’m thinking Banff, but Canmore isn’t a horrible idea either. I need to chat this over with you — did you get your phone back?!

61 Ang @ Nutty for Life August 6, 2014 at 11:23 am

Hiiiii omg so glad you’re back! I’ve been wanting to text you but knew you might not get it.
Remind me to tell you my mosquito bite story. It’s a doozy.
xo
Ang @ Nutty for Life recently posted..What I Ate In West VirginiaMy Profile

62 GiselleR @ Diary of an ExSloth August 6, 2014 at 11:33 am

Welcome back!
First of all: apparently, I come here for the food as well as the book & music suggestions haha
I’m a purse and shoes girl so I feel ya on the purse indulgence
My current procrastination is getting a new laptop. Mine gives me a blue screen at least once a day, and has been since January <- that’s embarrassing LOL
GiselleR @ Diary of an ExSloth recently posted..Garlic Shrimp Pasta with Roasted BeetsMy Profile

63 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl August 6, 2014 at 12:39 pm

Oh my goodness, your purse is GORGEOUS! Good call on splurging a little for it! :)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..WIAW: August 6, 2014 (Recent Eats)My Profile

64 She Rocks Fitness August 6, 2014 at 12:50 pm

So glad you treated yourself to a nice bag…I have been contemplating it for a few months and would LOVE to get a big LV…we’ll see if I pull the trigger on that one. HA!
She Rocks Fitness recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday…It’s Been A While!My Profile

65 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 6, 2014 at 4:01 pm

I think you’re pretty much done for when the itch hits :P That’s how it started for me and it just got to a point where I couldn’t say no. And I had the hardest time deciding between LV and Prada! But I guess you can’t go wrong either way.

66 laura@wholeheartedlyhealthy August 6, 2014 at 1:09 pm

I’m totally with you on the water spray, I love mine! Glad you’ve been enjoying traveling, I would love to do more but we’ll have to see how practical that is with a baby in tow! If you like kombucha have you ever thought about trying water kefir? I was a bit scared of the idea of looking after a scooby but the kefir is so easy to make and tastes great :-)

67 Cassie August 6, 2014 at 1:15 pm

LOVE THAT PURSE OMG. It’s time for me to invest in a new one… just have to figure it out :)

1) … food: currently eating a super-late lunch of this asian zoodle salad I made (actually photographed it for the blog this am :))
2) … wish: that I could blog/write full time… is that a thing?
3) … triumph: I honestly don’t know if I have one of those right now…
4) … excitement: Ragnar relay next month!
5) … mood: kind of annoyed, melancholy… I need to snap out of it!
Cassie recently posted..My Make-Up Free Skincare RoutineMy Profile

68 Alysia @ Slim Sanity August 6, 2014 at 1:55 pm

Favorite excitement – we bought a new dining room table and living room furniture last night! Can’t freaking wait for it to get delivered :)
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..Grilled Pork ChopsMy Profile

69 lindsay August 6, 2014 at 2:50 pm

girl!! we need to get you to make your own kombucha!! you can! ill walk you through it
lindsay recently posted..The Top 10 Benefits Of KettlebellsMy Profile

70 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 6, 2014 at 4:02 pm

I’m about 5 seconds away from taking the plunge and buying a scoby — now to find a good one. Have to go back and read your post about it!

71 Sara August 6, 2014 at 3:16 pm

I just read The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen, and I LOVED it! I think you may like it, too – it fits right in with some of the other books you’ve listed on your blog!

72 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 6, 2014 at 7:47 pm

Thanks for the recommendation, Sara! I read the synopsis and it definitely sounds like my kind of book! Going to pick it up the next time I’m in the book store :D

73 Kate @ Baking in Yoga Pants August 6, 2014 at 3:16 pm

I love that you travel so much because I love vicariously experiencing it through your pictures and stories! Keep seeing and sharing the world, please! :) And Kombucha, yes. I am in the same boat. I would love to find it in bulk at Costco. Then at least I could semi justify its expensive price tag!!
Kate @ Baking in Yoga Pants recently posted..Gratitude List – Tacos & YogaMy Profile

74 Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy August 6, 2014 at 4:06 pm

Hungry’s not a mood but HANGRY is!(hungry + angry)
Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy recently posted..WIAW #6 – Food Survey Style!My Profile

75 Brittany August 6, 2014 at 4:39 pm

I am right there with you about living in the mountains!! I LOVE it there. But I do also love the city.. Hard decision for me :) Traveling is life. I wish I could travel more!
Brittany recently posted..Goodbye, Heart Rate Monitor.My Profile

76 Jessica @ Absurd, She Wrote August 6, 2014 at 5:40 pm

I moved from Arizona to the Pacific NW after being raised on the East Coast. I LOVE the mountains – I can’t see myself ever wanting to leave the West.

My excitement is reaching the third trimester of my pregnancy but my mood is sometimes complete and utter frustration with my body’s ever-evolving limitations. That said, I’m loving this summer!
Jessica @ Absurd, She Wrote recently posted..How To Write A Winning Funding ProposalMy Profile

77 Diana August 6, 2014 at 7:02 pm

1) … food. Still oatmeal……….trying armans cinnamon bun tomorrow :)
2) … wish………..i was not so tired
3) … triumph. not feeling guilty about NOT working out!
4) … excitement. decorating my house ! Making my art wall gallery, etc
5) … mood. sleepy, uneasy, unsettled
Diana recently posted..Wiggle , Drink and breath :) My Profile

78 Kelsey @ Ramblings of Change August 7, 2014 at 12:05 am

These posts are my favorite! They give me inspiration and great things to try. =)
Food – just ate a spoonful of peanut butter and a glass of almond milk to maybe help me fall asleep. (hello one a.m.)
Wish – to be able to fall asleep! And make it through my work “week” with energy.
Triumph – landing an interview! AHHH!
Excitement – chopping my hair tomorrow.
Mood – despite not being able to sleep, relaxed.
Kelsey @ Ramblings of Change recently posted..August is Here!My Profile

79 Arman @ thebigmansworld August 7, 2014 at 1:45 am

So the big question….. Did the granola rock eventually leave? And song……only love can hurt like thissssss.

Hope the hunger has settled- I had a ravenous day today too. Polished off banana bread and red bull for breakfast. Oops.
Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted..Diets are individualised…and I like it.My Profile

80 Christine August 8, 2014 at 7:37 pm

1) … food: ice cream!
2) … wish: chocolate!
3) … excitement: my sister from Germany is visiting us in less than 2 weeks. It’s the first time somebody from my family is meeting my little daughter!
4) … mood: a little tired, so happy it’s the weekend!
Christine recently posted..Baby carrier review: Moby Wrap vs ERGObabyMy Profile

81 Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets August 10, 2014 at 8:20 am

One of the things I love about you is your willingness to gallivant all over the place (perhaps even humble little Cleveland one day). You embrace the things you love and try to do them as much as possible. It’s a great character trait, and I think you absolutely need to invest some time into finding a place in the mountains. A few years back, my mom moved out into the middle of nowhere, although it’s on a very large hill, and while I might not understand it, she couldn’t be happier and that makes me happy.

Talk about irony with the song…I’m gonna love ya, until I hate you.

Cannot stop using Sally’s either…no chips, nice nails and they have a little shine so it’s not like they’re nude.

I just started A Discovery of Witches and really like it so far, although I’m only a few pages in. It was a referral though so I expect good things, and it’s a series. You should pick it up and we can read it together. Just keep me a couple week head start, m’kay.

82 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 11, 2014 at 11:49 am

Just read the synopsis on that book and it sounds pretty interesting — I’ll pick it up in a few weeks ;) And how bought I get a place in the mountains and you come visit me? We can go hiking! :D

83 Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets August 11, 2014 at 8:00 pm

Sounds like a perfect plan.
Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted..Week In Review: I’m Baaaaack EditionMy Profile

84 Kate B August 13, 2014 at 3:06 pm

I love these posts! Is the concept of these “currently” posts your original idea? I know the “Thinking Out Loud” posts are, so I was wondering if these were too. I have seem them on a few other blogs. They are great reads.

85 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 13, 2014 at 6:38 pm

Thanks Kate! But nope, I didn’t come up with the idea. I’m pretty sure I saw it somewhere, but then I decided to make it a monthly thing :)