. epic food survey pt1.

by Amanda @ .running with spoons. on July 28, 2014

Happy Monday, friends!

Before we get into today’s post, I wanted to announce the winner of the Swanson’s giveaway — congrats to Kelly P! I’ve e-mailed you with the details and you should be getting your gift certificate soon. Happy shopping!

So this weekend went by a little too quickly for my tastes, and I don’t quite feel ready for Monday. That being said, I’m easing back into the work/blog week with a fun little [food] survey survey. Or… an epic survey, I guess I should say. I actually had to break this one into two parts because it was a little too long to fit into one post, so part 1 is going up today, and part 2 should follow soon. Hope ya enjoy! :D

Epic Grains Collage

Grains

1) flavour-wise, do you prefer white breads or whole wheat?:
Flavour? White (especially toasted). Texture? Wheat.

2) what’s your favorite type of grain to eat (oatmeal, bread, wraps, etc)?:
Oatmeal, without a doubt.

3) what’s your favorite sandwich filling?:
Almond butter and jam.

4) what’s your favorite kind of bread?:
Banana :mrgreen:

5) around how many servings of grain do you consume daily?:
I really have no idea. There are some days where I want to eat ALL the carbs, and others where I don’t. It varies. I will say that grains make up a big part of my diet, though.

6) what’s your favorite cracker-topping?:
I’m not really crazy about crackers, but you can never go wrong with cheese.

7) what’s your favorite thing to do with rice?:
… Eat it? Lately I’ve really been loving sweet rice bowls, which I make by cooking rice in coconut milk and topping it with applesauce, Greek yogurt, cinnamon, and almond butter.

8) what brand of bread do you usually buy?:
I’m a big fan of fresh baked breads, and I’ll usually get mine from Cob’s.

9) what’s your favorite type of cereal?:
Ohhh that’s a toughie. I love so many, but if I had to pick one… Kashi Cinnamon Harvest.

10) what was your favorite type of breakfast cereal as a child?:
Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I also had a thing for Corn Pops for a while.

Epic Fruit Collage

Fruits

1) favorite fruit?:
Bananas. I eat at least two a day.

2) least favorite type of fruit?:
I’m not crazy about apricots or plums. And I don’t really care much for raspberries either.

3) do you drink fruit juice often?:
Not really. I don’t mind orange juice, but I steer clear from apple.

4) do you consider tomatoes a fruit, or a vegetable?:
A veggie.

5) do you think you eat enough fruit daily?:
More than enough. I probably get around 5 or 6 servings a day on average.

6) do you consider fruit more important than vegetables?:
I consider them of equal importance. I do, however, think fruit is tastier.

7) what’s your favorite citrus fruit?:
Oranges. Especially the little ones that come out around Christmas… or those tiny Cuties.

8) do you like pastries with fruit in them?:
I prefer them with chocolate or cream, but if I have to go with some kind of fruit, then blueberry is my favourite.

9) what’s your favorite flavour of jam?:
Blueberry… always and forever.

10) when do you usually eat the most fruit (breakfast, snack, etc)?:
All day, every day. I love fruit and would gladly live off it if I could manage.

Epic Veggie Collage

Veggies

1) when you were a kid, did you like vegetables?:
Not unless it was corn, potatoes, or raw carrots.

2) do you think you eat enough vegetables now?:
I try to. I used to eat massive amounts of veggies, but I don’t think my stomach appreciated it very much so I’ve cut back. I make sure to get something green and orange in my diet every day, though.

3) what’s your favorite raw vegetable?:
Sweet carrots from the farmers’ market.

4) what’s your favorite cooked vegetable?:
I’m gonna go with kabocha squash on this one… but potatoes and corn are up there as well.

5) what’s your least favorite raw vegetable?:
Broccoli. It doesn’t taste too great, I can hardly swallow it, and it basically renders me incapable of being around people.

6) what’s your least favorite cooked vegetable?:
Zucchini or eggplant — both are on my veggie hit list.

7) what’s your favorite kind of salad?:
Anything with grilled chicken, avocado, and cheese.

8) do you buy spaghetti sauce, or do you make your own?:
Neither. I’ve come to the conclusion that my stomach hates any kind of tomato-based sauce, so I steer clear.

9) when/if you order a sub at subway or mr. sub, what vegetables do you get on it?:
Have I ever told you about the time where I had a Quizno’s right across from me at work? And I ate lunch there pretty much everyday for over to 6 months? I think I OD’d because I haven’t been able to eat a sub since — even the smell makes me sick. Next question.

10) do you like vegetables more than fruit?:
Not a chance… and neither does my stomach.

Epic Nut Collage

Nuts

1) what’s your favorite type of nut?:
Almonds win by default since they’re pretty much the only one I can eat.

2) what’s your least favorite type of nut?:
Pesky peanuts… but my allergy might make me a little biased.

3) what’s your favorite type of nut-butter?:
Almond… and I especially love Maisie Jane’s and Justin’s.

4) are you good with portion control when it comes to nuts or nut-butters?:
I don’t have a problem with nuts since I don’t care much for eating them on their own, but I can definitely get carried away with nut butters… especially if chocolate is involved

5) what’s your favorite recipe that involves nuts or nut-butters?:
Not a fair question! I’m pretty sure 75% of my recipes use almond butter in some way (I kind of like it), but if I had to pick just one, I’d go with these soft and chewy protein granola bars, since I’ve probably made them about 15+ times now.

6) have you ever tried pea-butter or soynut butter?:
Pea, no; soynut, yes — I actually really love it!

7) when was the last time you ate nuts?:
Are we talking nut nuts? Like… on their own? Because that I can’t recall. But if we’re talking butter form, I had a nice blob of almond butter on my oatmeal this morning.

8) is anybody close to you allergic to nuts?:
That would be me, myself, and I.

9) what’s your favorite way to use nut-butters?:
I’m quite a big fan of the ‘spoon-to-mouth’ method, especially if chocolate chips are involved.

10) do you think nuts are worth the calories?:
Only when they’re in nut butter form.

Signature

What’s your favourite type of cereal?
What’s your least favourite type of fruit?
Did you like vegetables as a little kid?
What’s your favourite type of nut butter?

More places to find me!
E-mail — runwithspoons@hotmail.com
Twitter — runwithspoons
Facebook — runningwithspoons
Pinterest — runwithspoons
Instagram — runwithspoons
Bloglovin — runningwithspoons

1 Tom @ Raise Your Garden July 28, 2014 at 6:12 am

First off nuts are definitely worth the calories. For me they are a perfect snack/fat. Nut butter I can’t say I’ve ever had it. Raspberry’s are the top of my favorite fruit list. Favorite cereal has to be raisin brain and yes my mom force fed me veggies as a kid but I actually like many of them today.
Tom @ Raise Your Garden recently posted..Walnut Leaf TeaMy Profile

2 Hollie July 28, 2014 at 6:32 am

This is so interesting. I enjoy learning more about you personally (outside of recipes, etc). I’m with you that I really like how dense wheat bread is but white bread tastes better.
Hollie recently posted..Top 10 Fitness ItemsMy Profile

3 Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy July 28, 2014 at 6:38 am

I like these kind of posts! I would do the same survey but I don’t do grains, haha.
Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy recently posted..Run Your Heart Out WorkoutMy Profile

4 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 28, 2014 at 3:21 pm

You could always just leave that part out. I have a part 2 coming up which is all about dairy, meat, drinks, and treats — so that might work better for ya :)

5 Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy July 28, 2014 at 3:26 pm

From where did you get this survey? It’s pretty great!

6 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 28, 2014 at 10:03 pm

I honestly can’t remember. It’s been sitting in my drafts folder for close to a year, but I think it was from some random forum?

7 Alysia @ Slim Sanity July 28, 2014 at 6:41 am

I don’t remember much about which vegetables I liked, but I remember I HATED lettuce. And beans of any kind. I guess those are actually a starch/carb, though. Actually I also remember hating tomatoes and cucumbers and my sisters loved them. Now I will eat them pretty frequently!
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..Weekly Meal Plan: July 27 – August 2My Profile

8 Tina Muir July 28, 2014 at 6:49 am

How could you possibly make me chose a cereal? I could eat it all day every day and never be fed up with all the kinds…..especially as I mix them all :D If I HAD to chose, it would be crunchy nut clusters in caramel toffee flavor…..not sure if you can get them in Canada, we get them in England, but I have to smuggle them across (okay, not smuggle, but pack) to enjoy them in America!
Tina Muir recently posted..Meatless Monday Linkup: Sesame Peanut Spaghetti SquashMy Profile

9 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 28, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Oh girl, I’m SO with you… There have been a few days in the past couple of weeks where I’ve eaten a pimped out cereal bowl for both lunch and dinner — both from laziness and to satisfy a craving. And I’m a mixer as well. It’s all about the texture :D

10 shashi @ runninsrilankan July 28, 2014 at 6:50 am

You’ve not kidding – am so not ready for Monday! But with that said – I love this epic food survey – I have no self control when it comes to nuts or nut butter at all!
And, I hope we can still be friends – while I share your love for oats and almond butter, I simply am not a fan of cereal – I don’t remember the last time I bought a box of cereal! As a kid I didn’t grow up eating cereal – it wasn’t big in Sri Lanka. But, what was big were veggie curries – I had just about every veggie when I was a kid – my mom is an expert curry maker, if she had been here when my daughter was a young one – I don’t think I would have had to come up with as many games I had to come up with to get my gal to eat her veggies! Happy you have a wonderful Monday!
shashi @ runninsrilankan recently posted..Chocolate Performance Pudding with Vega ProteinMy Profile

11 meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles July 28, 2014 at 7:14 am

I don’t love zucchini either. It’s not that I can’t enjoy it , because I can, I just don’t love it like I love my other favorite vegetables…I only like mango when it is involved in sushi and don’t eat plums, apricots, pears, kiwi and a few others simply because I am allergic or just not interested…Is it bad that I no longer have a favorite type of cereal?
meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles recently posted..Running Shoe ConfusionMy Profile

12 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 28, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Yes :P

13 Lucie@FitSwissChick July 28, 2014 at 7:18 am

Foodtalk is the best!!
And I am with you on the nut-front…..whole nuts are nice, but I rarely eat them. Almond Butter it is!

As for cereal I am very sorry, but I hardly ever eat it. I don’t know – just not my thing. But I would love to join you on a big plate of roasted kabocha – times when I find it here are so rare!
Lucie@FitSwissChick recently posted..Holy Mother of Marvelousness.My Profile

14 Megan (The Lyons' Share) July 28, 2014 at 7:22 am

I’m so with you on the Cinnamon Toast Crunch – I used to LOVE that stuff! Also with you on carrots and raw broccoli. But zucchini and eggplant are some of my favorites!

15 Jaclyn @ BumpSweat July 28, 2014 at 7:28 am

We don’t typically have cereal in the house, but when I get a craving, I make that the food for our small group meeting that week. And there we mix up all kinds of stuff, like a cereal bar.
I hated many veggies as a kid, especially tomatoes. I think part of the reason was that our ‘veggies’ were of the canned variety usually. blugh!
Jaclyn @ BumpSweat recently posted..36-Week BumpdateMy Profile

16 Brittany @ Delights and Delectables July 28, 2014 at 7:36 am

I love these!! I just got some Justin’s and thought of you!! :)
Brittany @ Delights and Delectables recently posted..The Busy TrapMy Profile

17 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 28, 2014 at 3:24 pm

Awwr! Is it strange that applesauce makes me think of you? :lol: I blame Blend for that one.

18 Michele @ paleorunningmomma July 28, 2014 at 7:40 am

I really have a thing for cashew butter for some reason! Back in the days when I consumed allthecereal allthetime my favorites were raisin bran crunch, smart start, basic 4, kashi heart to heart and kashi golean crisp. My stomach is much happier without them though! I love almost all fruit, except for some reason I’m not a big fan of oranges!

19 Cait & Beyond Bananas July 28, 2014 at 7:55 am

I’ve always faired well with veggies even as a kid. However, we always are canned veggies which make me gag now!!!
My least favorite type of fruit would probably be plums. Not a fan!

20 Davida @ The Healthy Maven July 28, 2014 at 8:07 am

I wasn’t too picky of a kid but I hated and still hate peas! Otherwise bring on da veggiessss.
Davida @ The Healthy Maven recently posted..Where To Stay, Go and Eat in Jackson Hole, WY + Grand Teton National ParkMy Profile

21 Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious July 28, 2014 at 8:11 am

Favorite fruit strawberries. Favorite veggie Brussels sprouts. Favorite nut butter. This one is hard! I love Wild Friends, Barney’s and NuttZo. If I had to choose one it would be Wildfriends.
Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious recently posted..Summer Vegetable QuinoaMy Profile

22 Jen @ Bagels to Broccoli July 28, 2014 at 8:16 am

I love reading these types of surveys! I’m looking forward to part 2 :). My favorite type of cereal is probably Reese’s Peanut Butter Puffs – no joke. Or chocolate Cheerios. Both highly nutritious, I know. I HATE veggies as a kid but could handle broccoli sometimes. I really am not a fan of melon – cantaloupe, watermelon, you name it…and I really like peanut butter.
Jen @ Bagels to Broccoli recently posted..Hiking Mt. MonadnockMy Profile

23 Casey @ Casey the College Celiac July 28, 2014 at 8:17 am

I always love seeing what other people enjoy eating! Nut butters are definitely worth the calories, or when nuts are in granola. I am such a granola addict… ;)
Casey @ Casey the College Celiac recently posted..The Itch on the Celiac and the AllergistMy Profile

24 Khushboo July 28, 2014 at 8:20 am

This was such a funost to read! Any reason why you stay off apple juice? Given your love for applesauce, I would have thought you’d prefer it :-)! Choosing between almond & peanut butter is a toughie but given my recent consumption, PB gets my vote. As for favorite cereals, I run the risk of being called boring- I love bran flakes. As for least favorite fruit, that would be papaya & custard apples- so nasty!
Khushboo recently posted..Blogging etiquetteMy Profile

25 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 28, 2014 at 3:25 pm

:lol: To be honest, I can’t get past how it looks. My cousin played a nasty joke on me when I was younger, and applesauce was involved. I think I’m traumatized for life.

26 Brittany July 28, 2014 at 8:43 am

Food talk for daaayyysss, YES! I didn’t fight my parents on eating my veggies as a child, but I definitely didn’t love them like I do now. I also REALLY disliked coconut as a child. WHATTTT!? I can’t get enough now. I don’t really eat cereal, but as you know I’ve been eyeing your favorite kind.
Brittany recently posted..Early Morning ConfessionsMy Profile

27 Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne July 28, 2014 at 8:46 am

I would have to agree with you, plums are not my favorite. They bother my stomach { even if I just have 1 }. And apricots are okay, I really have to be in the mood for them, their texture is just so weird lol. And almond butter all the way! I don’t really care for peanut butter at all, but sometimes I will have a craving for it. But almond butter? I’m craving that all day long, looking for ways to incorporate it into my meals haha
Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted..Protein Zucchini PancakesMy Profile

28 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health July 28, 2014 at 9:19 am

I had to laugh at the broccoli comment! I think it has the effect on most people. But you know, I read recently that smelling farts can actually help fight cancer or something. Haha. Ha. Time to change the subject…

I’m so glad someone else understands my almond butter addiction. I can’t imagine what life would be without it.
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..Potato Crusted Vegetable FrittataMy Profile

29 Sarah July 28, 2014 at 9:34 am

Beautiful pictures! You are so talented!
I love Cheerios.
Papayas are evil.
I have always liked veggies.
My favorite nut butter is almond, specifically, Trader Joe’s raw unsalted creamy almond butter.

30 Caitlin July 28, 2014 at 10:47 am

Oh fun! I love stuff like this :)

Fav cereal: prob be easier to tell you what I don’t like…anything with bran…don’t mind the taste but the effects on my stomach are not cool anymore! Not a fan of fruity stuff like fruity pebbles, Cheerios, etc.

Least fav fruit: only ones I like are apples, grapes, cherries, and blueberries haha so anything else

Only veggies I liked as a kid were corn, white potatoes and peas…all others were gross

And I like all nut butters except cashew
Caitlin recently posted..Weekend Favorites Part DeuxMy Profile

31 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl July 28, 2014 at 11:00 am

LOVE this and will mostly likely be having to steal it here in the near future! ;)

Favorite cereal is definitely peanut butter Puffins… even though they are WAY too addicting!
And favorite nut butter… well I think you already know that one! ;)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..How to Make a Vegan Snack Plate with Blue Diamond AlmondsMy Profile

32 Ella July 28, 2014 at 12:10 pm

Oatmeal is my love
Bananas are the devil
I have always LOVED veggies (but I went through almost 2 years of refusing ALL fruit)
Wild Friends Cinnamon Raisin PB, Vanilla Espresso AB, and Chocolate Almond/Sunflower Seed butter are all incredible. Fun survey!
Ella recently posted..My Top 5 Summer Blushes!My Profile

33 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 28, 2014 at 3:26 pm

I’m just going to ignore what you said in the second line there :P

34 Bridget July 28, 2014 at 12:48 pm

My favorite cereal is natures path flax plus multibran flakes. Soooo delish! I can eat it with almond milk, yogurt, or straight from the box!
I have to say that my least favorite fruit would have to be oranges… But I still like them! I just hate peeling them! I can’t believe you don’t like raspberries! One of my favorite berries!!!
I tolerated veggies as a kid.
My favorite nut butter is absolutely almond butter!
Bridget recently posted..Learning the hard way…My Profile

35 Hayley@healthyregards July 28, 2014 at 12:51 pm

fave cereal: pb puffins!
Hayley@healthyregards recently posted..4 reasons why I love triathlon.My Profile

36 Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves July 28, 2014 at 1:06 pm

LOVE this. Because…it’s about food. :)
Favorite cereal: Peanut butter Puffins/Lucky Charms :D
Least favorite type of fruit: not too crazy about melons
I wasn’t a huge veggie fan as a kid. As a baby— yes! My mom would feed me that nasty spinach puree. No wonder I love spinach now.
Peanut butter is my #1…sorry…
Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..Florida Weekend ConfessionsMy Profile

37 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 28, 2014 at 3:27 pm

So you -are- gonna get around to eating that box of Lucky Charms that you bought for your cousin, right? ;)

38 Jess July 28, 2014 at 1:50 pm

My sister and I both loved veggies when we were growing up—my mom got a kick out of it. We used to beg for “rampion” (dark leafy greens?) because we’d heard about it in a rapunzel video or something.
Jess recently posted..Music Monday with Ariel RubinMy Profile

39 Ganeeban July 28, 2014 at 3:03 pm

You weren’t kidding, this is an intense food survey :)
Ganeeban recently posted..Rose & Thorn [11]My Profile

40 Chelsea @ Chelsea's Healthy Kitchen July 28, 2014 at 4:49 pm

I love surveys! They remind me of those email ones that used to get sent around way back in the day.

Favourite cereal: Kashi Honey Almond Flax

Least favourite fruit: Probably papaya. Unless we’re talking dried papaya that’s coated in sugar, because that stuff is delicious haha.

I was a weird kid and I actually liked vegetables. That might have something to do with the fact that my dad served broccoli smothered in cheese sauce though. ;)

Favourite type of nut butter: Barney butter!!!!
Chelsea @ Chelsea’s Healthy Kitchen recently posted..10 tips for shopping at farmers marketsMy Profile

41 Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out July 28, 2014 at 4:55 pm

Love this survey! I might just have to do it myself!
Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out recently posted..Whole 30 Day 9My Profile

42 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl July 28, 2014 at 5:59 pm

What a fun survey! I’m with you on the fruit… I think I could live off of it. There is really no fruit I don’t like… Oh yea, grapefruit. I’ve tried them several times and they’re always too bitter. I’ve heard that if you get a really good one, they’re not bitter. I don’t know….. What? You don’t like cooked zucchini? Crazy girl! ;)
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..Lorna Jane Activewear Launch PartyMy Profile

43 She Rocks Fitness July 28, 2014 at 6:26 pm

Favorite Nut Butter: Nuttzo. I definitely wasn’t a fan of vegetables as a kid, but that’s obviously changed…Mom made us eat them though every night for dinner. I loved Honey Nut Cheerios and Lucky Charms. We weren’t allowed sugary cereal as kids, so Lucky Charms were a big treat. ;)
She Rocks Fitness recently posted..My Workouts + Another NEW WorkoutMy Profile

44 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 28, 2014 at 10:06 pm

They were a big treat for me as well! Otherwise it was usually Cheerios or Rice Krispies. And I remember just picking the marshmallows out of Lucky Charms and leaving the rest :lol:

45 Albizia July 28, 2014 at 7:01 pm

I loved vegetables as a child and still do but I haven’t been eating enough these days. I blame Japan for not offering much food I’d actually eat. I try to get my vitamins from fruit.

It’s sad that you don’t like eggplants. It can be one of the tastiest things ever if cooked properly. Someone must make you stuffed eggplant the Balkan way (I guess Bulgaria, Greece and Turkey cook it pretty much the same way) and you’ll love it forever. Something else I really love and haven’t had for ages is roasted eggplant, garlic and mayo salad. *drool*

46 Diana July 28, 2014 at 7:24 pm

this is a great post!! I really dislike raw broccoli too! YUCK, however i love it roasted !

What’s your favourite type of cereal? OATMEAL! (overnight oats) Cold cereal: granola :) (ok i like oats!)
What’s your least favourite type of fruit? raspberries. Something about them im not really crazy about….
Did you like vegetables as a little kid? Not really, i love them now though! i think its a “kid” thing not to like them !
What’s your favourite type of nut butter? all kinds! I think i am going to have to go with good ol’ fashioned peanut!! Im still experimenting. I will let you know in a month! :)~
Diana recently posted..“Un”-Manic MondayMy Profile

47 Morganne @ NutButterRunner July 28, 2014 at 7:59 pm

Ahhh I loved this survey! My favorite cereal has to go to Chex…and it is incredibly addicting to me. As is jars of nut butter, any nut butter. Gosh I have a problem staying out of the pantry :)
Morganne @ NutButterRunner recently posted..Lemon Blueberry Protein BitesMy Profile

48 Arlene July 28, 2014 at 8:02 pm

Amanda,

This was fun! Thanks!

Arlene

49 Laur July 28, 2014 at 8:41 pm

LOL to the broccoli and public thing. I’m the same way. After years of eating it raw, I have no idea how I managed to leave my apartment at school and not make everyone evacuate an area. Gosh, my stomach was a MESS in those days. Yikes. My least favorite fruit is probably any fruit which is hard to eat because you have to peel it or something. (I eat mango peels because I’m too lazy to slice them)

50 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 28, 2014 at 10:08 pm

Do you eat the kiwi skins too? I’ve seen people do that before and the hairiness kind of skeeves me out!

51 Lauren July 29, 2014 at 9:03 am

I could never eat the hairy peel! ohmygosh it actually gave me goosebumps thinking about it. hahaha. I would feel like I’m licking someone’s armpit. UGH haha!
Lauren recently posted..breaking awayMy Profile

52 Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate July 28, 2014 at 10:56 pm

Pea-nut butter is a thing? I think I’ll stick with my current nut butters…
Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate recently posted..Weekend Snapshots {7/28/14}My Profile

53 Arman @ thebigmansworld July 29, 2014 at 3:15 am

….is it creepy that I could probably have answered each question on your behalf?
Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted..Cinnamon Bun Oatmeal PuddingMy Profile

54 Janessa July 29, 2014 at 8:53 am

I agree with you on *almost* everything, except raspberries are de-LICIOUS. Especially in cappuccino form ;)
Janessa recently posted..Back Into the Swing of Things + Epic Food Survey Part IMy Profile

55 Cassie July 29, 2014 at 12:23 pm

You know, I don’t think I’ve ever really eaten plums! So I’m with you on that one. I love veggies… and seriously, a life without nut butter is not one I am interested in living.
Cassie recently posted..Greek Cucumber Salmon SaladMy Profile

56 Shelly July 30, 2014 at 9:19 am

Great post! I love all nut butters, but Sunbutter is by far my favorite. It’s absolutely amazing.
Shelly recently posted..Wod Love WednesdaysMy Profile

57 Kimmoy July 30, 2014 at 8:54 pm

Gurl, corn and pototaoes are veggies? Since when? LOL. Fun post! I could never choose a favorite cereal, OMG! I can barely think of any I don’t like!

58 Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets July 31, 2014 at 4:51 am

Not a fan of raspberries. Be still my heart, I need to grieve this piece of information especially since they’re my most favorite. Tear, tear.

I suppose I will forgive you because I’m not a fan of eggplant either, and I didn’t really love zucchini much either until I discovered it tastes amazing in shredded pancakes (Arman and Heather both have some great ones). Now I’m actually growing zucchini just so I can eat those pancakes all winter long (because obviously I intend to freeze most of it).

As to your questions:

What’s your favourite type of cereal? I rarely eat cereal so I guess I’ll have to say granola.
What’s your least favourite type of fruit? Um raspberries, hello. Only nature’s most precious fruit. I might have made that last part up.
Did you like vegetables as a little kid? Yep, I always ate all my side dishes which involved a veggie and a starch and then fought mom and dad over the meat portion of the meal.
What’s your favourite type of nut butter? Peanut butter (sorry) although honey roasted peanut butter specifically.

59 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 31, 2014 at 10:59 am

I can forgive you for liking peanut butter if you can forgive me for not liking raspberries? Deal? Deal. We should settle it over coffee and a scone :)