Happy Monday, friends!
Before we get into today’s post, I wanted to announce the winner of the Swanson’s giveaway — congrats to Kelly P! I’ve e-mailed you with the details and you should be getting your gift certificate soon. Happy shopping!
So this weekend went by a little too quickly for my tastes, and I don’t quite feel ready for Monday. That being said, I’m easing back into the work/blog week with a fun little [food] survey survey. Or… an epic survey, I guess I should say. I actually had to break this one into two parts because it was a little too long to fit into one post, so part 1 is going up today, and part 2 should follow soon. Hope ya enjoy! 😀
1) flavour-wise, do you prefer white breads or whole wheat?:
Flavour? White (especially toasted). Texture? Wheat.
2) what’s your favorite type of grain to eat (oatmeal, bread, wraps, etc)?:
Oatmeal, without a doubt.
3) what’s your favorite sandwich filling?:
Almond butter and jam.
4) what’s your favorite kind of bread?:
5) around how many servings of grain do you consume daily?:
I really have no idea. There are some days where I want to eat ALL the carbs, and others where I don’t. It varies. I will say that grains make up a big part of my diet, though.
6) what’s your favorite cracker-topping?:
I’m not really crazy about crackers, but you can never go wrong with cheese.
7) what’s your favorite thing to do with rice?:
… Eat it? Lately I’ve really been loving sweet rice bowls, which I make by cooking rice in coconut milk and topping it with applesauce, Greek yogurt, cinnamon, and almond butter.
8) what brand of bread do you usually buy?:
I’m a big fan of fresh baked breads, and I’ll usually get mine from Cob’s.
10) what was your favorite type of breakfast cereal as a child?:
Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I also had a thing for Corn Pops for a while.
1) favorite fruit?:
Bananas. I eat at least two a day.
2) least favorite type of fruit?:
I’m not crazy about apricots or plums. And I don’t really care much for raspberries either.
3) do you drink fruit juice often?:
Not really. I don’t mind orange juice, but I steer clear from apple.
4) do you consider tomatoes a fruit, or a vegetable?:
5) do you think you eat enough fruit daily?:
More than enough. I probably get around 5 or 6 servings a day on average.
6) do you consider fruit more important than vegetables?:
I consider them of equal importance. I do, however, think fruit is tastier.
7) what’s your favorite citrus fruit?:
Oranges. Especially the little ones that come out around Christmas… or those tiny Cuties.
8) do you like pastries with fruit in them?:
I prefer them with chocolate or cream, but if I have to go with some kind of fruit, then blueberry is my favourite.
9) what’s your favorite flavour of jam?:
Blueberry… always and forever.
10) when do you usually eat the most fruit (breakfast, snack, etc)?:
All day, every day. I love fruit and would gladly live off it if I could manage.
1) when you were a kid, did you like vegetables?:
Not unless it was corn, potatoes, or raw carrots.
2) do you think you eat enough vegetables now?:
I try to. I used to eat massive amounts of veggies, but I don’t think my stomach appreciated it very much so I’ve cut back. I make sure to get something green and orange in my diet every day, though.
3) what’s your favorite raw vegetable?:
Sweet carrots from the farmers’ market.
4) what’s your favorite cooked vegetable?:
I’m gonna go with kabocha squash on this one… but potatoes and corn are up there as well.
5) what’s your least favorite raw vegetable?:
Broccoli. It doesn’t taste too great, I can hardly swallow it, and it basically renders me incapable of being around people.
6) what’s your least favorite cooked vegetable?:
Zucchini or eggplant — both are on my veggie hit list.
7) what’s your favorite kind of salad?:
Anything with grilled chicken, avocado, and cheese.
8) do you buy spaghetti sauce, or do you make your own?:
Neither. I’ve come to the conclusion that my stomach hates any kind of tomato-based sauce, so I steer clear.
9) when/if you order a sub at subway or mr. sub, what vegetables do you get on it?:
Have I ever told you about the time where I had a Quizno’s right across from me at work? And I ate lunch there pretty much everyday for over to 6 months? I think I OD’d because I haven’t been able to eat a sub since — even the smell makes me sick. Next question.
10) do you like vegetables more than fruit?:
Not a chance… and neither does my stomach.
1) what’s your favorite type of nut?:
Almonds win by default since they’re pretty much the only one I can eat.
2) what’s your least favorite type of nut?:
Pesky peanuts… but my allergy might make me a little biased.
4) are you good with portion control when it comes to nuts or nut-butters?:
I don’t have a problem with nuts since I don’t care much for eating them on their own, but I can definitely get carried away with nut butters… especially if chocolate is involved
5) what’s your favorite recipe that involves nuts or nut-butters?:
Not a fair question! I’m pretty sure 75% of my recipes use almond butter in some way (I kind of like it), but if I had to pick just one, I’d go with these soft and chewy protein granola bars, since I’ve probably made them about 15+ times now.
6) have you ever tried pea-butter or soynut butter?:
Pea, no; soynut, yes — I actually really love it!
7) when was the last time you ate nuts?:
Are we talking nut nuts? Like… on their own? Because that I can’t recall. But if we’re talking butter form, I had a nice blob of almond butter on my oatmeal this morning.
8) is anybody close to you allergic to nuts?:
That would be me, myself, and I.
9) what’s your favorite way to use nut-butters?:
I’m quite a big fan of the ‘spoon-to-mouth’ method, especially if chocolate chips are involved.
10) do you think nuts are worth the calories?:
Only when they’re in nut butter form.
What’s your favourite type of cereal?
What’s your least favourite type of fruit?
Did you like vegetables as a little kid?
What’s your favourite type of nut butter?