. link love 12/15 .

by Amanda @ .running with spoons. on December 15, 2013

Ow. Talk about being sore in places I didn’t know could get sore — boarding in the mountains is no joke… And the best part is that I get to do it again as soon as everyone else wakes up. Can.not.wait :mrgreen: I hope you guys are having a fabulous weekend so far, and I’ll catch up with you tomorrow! Until then, here are some great links to catch up on from the last week.

Happy Sunday, friends!

Link-Love

In my head…

. fitness .

20 Unfortunate But Unavoidable Side Effects of Working Out via Greatist.
:lol: Yes.to.all. Light humour and great tips to combat the less desirable side effects of exercise.

Change Our Fitspo via The Little Honey Bee.
Motivating? Please. ‘Firspiration’ seems to do more harm than good.

5o Circuit Workouts via The Lean Green Bean.
You’ll never complain of being bored again with this great collection of circuit workouts.

Why A Brisk Walk Is Better via New York Times.
Why it might be a good idea to pick up the pace every now and then.

. health .

Why Calorie Counts Are Wrong: 6 Diet Myths, Busted via Health.com.
There’s a lot more to calorie counts than meets the eye, which is why it’s best not to get obsessed with them.

7 Most Common Genetically Modified Foods via Huffington Post.
The jury is still out on the health implications of GMOs. Just be aware of what you’re eating.

Myth: You Can Never Have Too Much Protein via Fox News.
Too much of anything can be bad for you…

9 Signs You’re Headed For A Holiday Meltdown via Health.com
The holidays are a stressful time. Watch out for signs that you’re wearing yourself thin.

FDA Moves to Phase Out Widespread Use of Antibiotics in Meat via Huffington Post.
Finally! It’s nice to see us [slowly] moving in the right direction.

In Food Cravings, Sugar Trumps Fat via New York Times.
Why those sugar cravings are so darn hard to resist…

. happiness .

Gratitude List With A Twist via Olive to Run.
There’s good even in the bad… sometimes it just takes a while to be able to see it.

Go From ‘Hangry’ to Happy via Huffington Post.
We lose a lot more than weight when we decide to diet and deprive ourselves…

The Best Body Image Advice I Could Possibly Give You via Better With Sprinkles.
Don’t settle for simply “accepting” your body — learn to really love it.

Why Letter Writing Still Matters in an Age of Digital Communication via Greatist.
Love it! — “How a letter symbolizes that someone, anyone, is paying attention to you in a world that pummels us with thousands of directions to look in.”

35 DIY Holiday Gifts for Any Budget via Greatist.
Because personalized gifts from the heart mean a whole heck of a lot…

7 Stressful Things to Start Avoiding via Marc and Angel Hack Life.
Life is too short to stress yourself with things that don’t even deserve to be an issue”

. beauty .

21 Knockout Beauty Products Hiding At Your Drugstore via Thought Catalog.
You don’t have to spend a fortune on beauty products to get awesome results! Great drugstore finds!

Is Makeup Remover Actually Damaging Your Skin? via Huffington Post.
Whiles it’s important to always take your makeup off at the end of the day, always check the ingredients in your makeup remover to make sure it’s not doing you more harm than good.

For my belly…

No-Bake Persimmon Snowballs via With An Open Mind.
3 words: persimmon.date.fluff. These just sound phenomenal — and quick & easy too!

30 Refined Sugar Free Cookie Recipes via LiveWell360.
A little collection of nice[er] to help balance out the naughty.

Whipped Ricotta Pancakes with Bittersweet Chocolate and Lemon Glaze via How Sweet It Is.
These may just convince me to work on my pancake flipping skills. Holy.swoon.

Holiday Recipe Roundup via Dashing Dish.
A collection of breakfasts, treats, and appetizers to help you put together your holiday menu.

9 Festive Coffee Drinks to Make At Home via Greatist.
Everything from gingerbread lattes to peppermint hot chocolate.

50+ Christmas Candy Recipes via Shugary Sweets.
Uhm… I’ll take one of each, please and thanks :mrgreen:

Signature

Three things you did yesterday; three things you’re going to do today. Go:
Yesterday: drove to the mountains, spent the day on the slopes, and spent the evening exploring Banff.
Today: another day of snowboarding, driving back home, and taking up permanent residence on my couch.

1 Jen @ SavedbytheKale December 15, 2013 at 6:18 am

Love your link love Amanda! Always gives me something interesting to read while drinking my coffee on Sunday mornings! Hope you have had a fun weekend of snowboarding!
Jen @ SavedbytheKale recently posted..Perfect Rainy SaturdayMy Profile

2 Amy @ Long Drive Journey December 15, 2013 at 6:26 am

I will DEFINITELY be making this ricotta pancakes. Have fun in the mountains!
Amy @ Long Drive Journey recently posted..Spill It Sundays #2 – All About MoviesMy Profile

3 Jessica December 15, 2013 at 6:48 am

These are so interesting! You frequent interesting sites! ;-)

Yesterday… I visited Starbucks for my new favourite flat white, wandered round for over two hours and forgot to buy the one thing I needed – stamps, and spent the evening flailing over interviews with Richard Armitage on YT.

Today…. I’m going to read, wrap presents, and maybe iron. Gotta love Sundays!

4 Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 15, 2013 at 7:23 pm

I couldn’t help but laugh when you mentioned forgetting the one thing you set out to buy — I do that all the time :lol:

5 Sarah December 15, 2013 at 6:56 am

Gads! So many terrific link-ups. merci beaucoup!
Yesterday: basked in the near 80 degree weather, attended acting workshop/showcase, listened to some friends’ band play oldies at a club
Today: laundry, work on Christmas cards, clean my apartment
Happy Boarding! I’ve heard great things about Banff. I have friends in Nelson, BC who love heading there to ski.

6 Danica @ It's Progression December 15, 2013 at 7:09 am

yesterday: wrapped presents, finished my Christmas shopping (with my husband! that’s huge – he hates shopping), and baked for some volunteer work
today: I plan to study, meet up with a friend for coffee, and go to a new gym for a workout/job interview tonight (!)
Have fun boarding!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..workout log: 12/8 – 12/14My Profile

7 Heather @fitncookies December 15, 2013 at 7:17 am

Good luck on the job interview!!
Heather @fitncookies recently posted..One Year AgoMy Profile

8 Danica @ It's Progression December 15, 2013 at 8:21 pm

thanks, girl! it went really well! :)
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..workout log: 12/8 – 12/14My Profile

9 Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 15, 2013 at 7:25 pm

A new job?! I hope your interview went well, and expect me to text-stalk you about it tomorrow :P

10 Danica @ It's Progression December 15, 2013 at 8:21 pm

please do!! It’s something very little but is getting my foot in the door of the building I want to be in :)
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..workout log: 12/8 – 12/14My Profile

11 Heather @fitncookies December 15, 2013 at 7:16 am

Yesterday: Made cookies, watching Christmas movies, and laid on the couch. Oh, finished my Christmas cards, too!
Today: Taking it easy, hopefully photographing some cookies, and going to dinner for my brother’s birthday!
Enjoy your Sunday :)
Heather @fitncookies recently posted..One Year AgoMy Profile

12 Ashley @ Power, Love, and Self Discipline December 15, 2013 at 7:18 am

yesterday: yoga, farmer’s market, beach
today: church, beach, Christmas concert

Enjoy the couch :)
Ashley @ Power, Love, and Self Discipline recently posted..Med Ball AMRAPMy Profile

13 meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles December 15, 2013 at 7:26 am

Love your links- can’t wait to read them all…And oh, I am strong believer in checking ALL cosmetic ingredients, especially makeup removers. Cetaphil is not what they claim it is….three things from yesterday- run, bake, shop….today…movies, relaxing and hanging with my little boy.
meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles recently posted..Forecast May Call For BakingMy Profile

14 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 15, 2013 at 7:35 am

thanks for the link love!! <33
yesterday: circuit class, groceries, and wrapped presents.
today: making my homemade presents, finishing my wrapping, and making some slow cooker beef stew for dinner.

Have fun boarding today!!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Weekly Eats and Workouts 12/15 + Spill It Sunday 3.My Profile

15 Megan @ Meg Go Run December 15, 2013 at 7:38 am

Yesterday: ran, baked cookies, watched Misery
Today: go see a musical, grocery shop, wrap presents!!!
Megan @ Meg Go Run recently posted..Snowed InMy Profile

16 Kelsey @ Ramblings of Change December 15, 2013 at 8:29 am

Yesterday: studied on campus for five hours, had a movie + coffee night, and my man made us dinner.
Today: studying for my last ever psychology final, starting a paper due Tuesday, and hopefully taking some time to relax before work and after work. =)
Kelsey @ Ramblings of Change recently posted..When School Ate My Life.My Profile

17 Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 15, 2013 at 7:26 pm

Good luck with your exam, Kelsey! Getting that last one out of the way feels.so.good.

18 Hollie December 15, 2013 at 9:49 am

HMMMM That coffee drink sounds and looks amazing. Thank you for sharing all these links. I absolutely love reading what other people are loving.
Hollie recently posted..Base Building (54 miles)My Profile

19 Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food December 15, 2013 at 9:59 am

Love seeing all the links! Yesterday: X-mas shopping, napped, hung out with husband. Today: 8k (finished!), more x-mas shopping, and….not sure yet :-)
Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food recently posted..I know I’m sick when….My Profile

20 Julie @ Health Nut Julie December 15, 2013 at 10:18 am

I’m so jealous!!!!! It’s 80 here in Florida. Have fun in the snow for both of us :-)
Julie @ Health Nut Julie recently posted..Graduation Brunch at Zilly BeeMy Profile

21 Chelsea @ Chelsea's Healthy Kitchen December 15, 2013 at 10:18 am

Yesterday: shoveled, baked cookies, and took a gloriously long bath.
Today: more shoveling, going to see The Sound of Music play, and celebrating my uncle’s birthday.

Happy Sunday! :)
Chelsea @ Chelsea’s Healthy Kitchen recently posted..Tofu stir fry with sunflower seed butter sauceMy Profile

22 Ksenija @ With An Open Mind December 15, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Thanks for the link love, friend! I am happy that so many people liked the Persimmon Snowballs.
Regarding the things I’ve done this weekend: yesterday – got a haircut, baked some cookies, went to the Christmas party of my company. today – baked two chocolate cakes, cinnamon rolls and made a tiramisu for my last day at work tomorrow oh and visited my grandparents. And what I didn’t do: write a post. Life’s kind of taking over currently.
Ksenija @ With An Open Mind recently posted..Stuff To Take Care Of Before Going AbroadMy Profile

23 Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 15, 2013 at 7:28 pm

No surprise since you’ll be moving soon! I hope all your prep work is going well :)

24 Jo @ Living Mint Green December 15, 2013 at 12:28 pm

I’m so jealous your in Banff right now. It’s very windy here. :(

Yesterday: took a Bodypump class with a friend, lazed on the couch and read a book & ate Indian food.
Today: Bikram with the same friend, some Christmas shopping (God help me), and relaxing until it’s time to make a Sunday feast. :)
Jo @ Living Mint Green recently posted..In Case You’re Wondering…My Profile

25 Cori @ olivetorun December 15, 2013 at 2:14 pm

All of the fitness posts were some of my favorites from this week as well :) I am looking forward to check out the others!
Thanks for the love.
Cori @ olivetorun recently posted..Why Do You Write?My Profile

26 Arman @ thebigmansworld December 15, 2013 at 2:15 pm

Don’t get too battered and bruised on the slopes ;) Whenever you say Banff I think of BAMF….that stupid slang we used in high school.

Ricotta pancakes are becoming a ‘big’ thing here now at breakfast spots- I’ll have to check those out!

3 things today- Catch up on some work, hit the gym and reply to an email ;)
Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted..Spill it, Sundays #3- Film ThemeMy Profile

27 Jan @ Sprouts n Squats December 15, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Hope you enjoy the snowboarding :)

I love all these links especially Amy’s post about changing our Fitspo, it was too good!

Today I am working, watching Hart of Dixie and hopefully catching up with a friend.

28 Brittany @ Delights and Delectables December 15, 2013 at 6:05 pm

awesome links girl! Can’t wait to read these! I’ve been taking care of my honey and we had our adoption fund raiser today!!
Brittany @ Delights and Delectables recently posted..Friday Five and FavoritesMy Profile

29 Laura December 15, 2013 at 7:02 pm

These are one of my favorite posts by you. This and “Thursdays are for Thinking out Loud”. And WIAW. I’ll stop there but seriously…favorites. I click on every link you post. The number of tabs I have open at once when you post Link Love is sort of embarrassing.
Laura recently posted..Food Phone Photos and Food for ThoughtMy Profile

30 Kaila @healthyhelperblog! December 15, 2013 at 8:27 pm

Loved that you linked to Amy’s post! She did such a great job of spreading the word about my Change Our Fitpso project!!! Feel free to submit an edited fitspo pic if you’re feeling inspired! :)
Kaila @healthyhelperblog! recently posted..Holiday TraditionsMy Profile

31 Davida @ The Healthy Maven December 15, 2013 at 9:02 pm

omg I’m so behind on blog reading! Today I spent most of the day in bed minus one recipe-making hour. I considered going outside and then realized I did not have any desire to shovel! No groceries or gym for me!
Davida @ The Healthy Maven recently posted..{MIMM} Weekend Recap 12/13-12/15My Profile

32 Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets December 17, 2013 at 5:19 pm

I don’t have the signs, but I’m heading for a holiday meltdown anyway. In fact, I’m trying to combat all those signs (lower expectations, sleep more, eat well, book myself less) so I can get through the season. It’s not actually the holidays either; it’s really work. Too many hours, too much stress, and too much pressure. I’m also trying to really enjoy the holiday part of holidays when I’m not at the office. It’s a battle, but it’s worth it.
I’m in the minority here, but I find a lot of the fitspo stuff inspiring. Then again, I don’t compare my body to theirs and feel lacking, although I do think the #thighgap is an unhealthy fitspo message.
Thanks for the links on the GMO foods and the bit of removing antibiotics from our meat supply. I really appreciated them.
Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted..Week In Review: The Freezer EditionMy Profile