. thinking out loud #50 .

by Amanda @ .running with spoons. on October 24, 2013

Oh hullo there :D

Thinking-Out-Loud

1. First and foremost, Happy Birthday to my favourite Sprinkle! Make sure you head on over to Sam’s blog and wish her a happy birthday. I had the pleasure of meeting this girl at HLS, and she’s just as wonderful in person as she is on her blog — so go tell her that!

Blends

2. My life is complete. Remember my pig and cow mugs? I finally came across the last mug in the series. Say hello to my little sheep:

SHeep Mug

Piggy Cup
Cow Cup

3. This may go down as the strangest thing I’ve ever had in my purse…

Lemon Purse

A lemon. Why did I have a lemon in my purse? Because I “borrowed” it [with no plans on giving it back] from my mom when I made a pit stop at my parents’ house the other day for a recipe I wanted to make. Only this isn’t a recipe for your belly — it’s for your face

4. Using half a lemon, squeeze out the juice into a small bowl. Add 1/4 cup of sugar, 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil, and 1/2 Tbsp. of honey. Mix, mix, mix, and what you’re left with is my favourite DIY face mask/scrub.

DIY Face Mask

Lemon Sugar
Natural Face Mask

I can’t even tell you how amazing this mask is… The lemon helps even out skin tone and tighten pores; the sugar acts as an exfoliator and removes dead skin cells; the honey helps hydrate, heal, and remove impurities; and the olive oil acts as a natural moisturizer. I use this mask about once or twice a week and it’s made a huge difference in my skin. All you do is gently rub it on a freshly cleansed face, let it sit for 15-20 minutes, and then wash it off with warm water. Your skin will feel amazingly soft afterwards, and you’ll notice a lot of improvements in tone with regular use.

5. While we’re on the topic of recipes, you’ll have to allow me a minute to gloat… Remember my Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal Bars? They’ve officially become my most popular recipe with over 2k pins and a feature on Greatist. Happy dance? You betcha :mrgreen:

Pumpkin Pie Bars 2k Pins

6. Oh, and a good handful of people asked about the recipe for the cheesy quinoa dish I showed in yesterday’s WIAW. It’s really simple — I just cooked up a batch of quinoa like normal and stirred in some shredded cheese towards the end when all the water was absorbed. Easy peasy. I’ve also tried mixing in a few wedges of Laughing Cow before, and that works quite nicely as well.

7. There’s been some road construction going on outside my home for the past week or so, and I’ve been having the strangest urge to bake some cookies or muffins and share ‘em with the workers. Is that weird? Do people still do that? I have no problem pawning off my baked goods to people I work with, but strangers? That’d feel a bit odd.

8. You know what else feels odd? The fact that it’s late October and we’ve been enjoying temps in the double digits (high 40′s to high 50′s for you Americans). Here. In Edmonton. I’m pretty sure we already had snow at this time last year, so this is kind of a big deal. And now that I’ve said that, watch it snow…

October Leaves

9.  Another funny video this week, this time for my fellow Game of Thrones lovers. And even if you’re not a fan of GoT, please, please do yourself a favour and watch this take on bad lip reading — I was literally in tears.

10. And because no post is complete without a little bit of randomness…

RF Underwear

RF Sloth

RF Pictures

RF LOL Liars

RF Doh

1. I can’t even come up with an idea as to why that would be :shock:
2. That sounds both glorious and extremely uncomfortable at the same time…
3. So… if you hold up a picture yourself in the mirror, it’ll look better?
4. Confession: I am sometimes among those 99%… and don’t act like you aren’t!
5. Ohhh The Simpsons. Definitely a teenage favourite.

Have a happy Thursday! :D

What month is your birthday in?
What’s your weather like? Warm and fallish, or getting cold?
Do you have any favourite at-home beauty treatments?
Be honest: Do you ever type LOL with a completely straight face?!?

1 Davida @ The Healthy Maven October 24, 2013 at 6:07 am

Congrats on the Greatist feature beauts!!! Well deserved. Those bars like amaaaazing. Those mugs could not get any cuter!
Davida @ The Healthy Maven recently posted..Cauliflower TabboulehMy Profile

2 Erin @ The Almond Eater October 24, 2013 at 6:14 am

That face mask looks amazing! I’ve seen something like it on Pinterest but I think the one I saw was lemon and baking soda?? Can’t remember. Anyway, I’ll have to give it a try. Also–congrats on your recipe making it big!!! That’s so exciting. As always, the WoW Facts got me loling (I know, they said I’m lying but I actually did lol at #2).
Erin @ The Almond Eater recently posted..Experimenting with an OOTDMy Profile

3 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 24, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Yay for real lols! Hope you’re having a great day, Erin.

4 Khushboo October 24, 2013 at 6:16 am

Yayyy congrats on such a successful recipe! I am not surprised that they were featured on Greatist- they definitely look like a winner :)! After a few rainstorms on my last few days in London, I am enjoying the overly hot temperatures in Mumbai. I might be running up a huge electricity bill with my air conditioner buuuut it’s worth it if it means waking up to sunshine :D! And here’s a lil secret: One way to tell if I’m really lolling is by looking at how I type it:

LOL or lollllll = actually laughing
lol = don’t want to be rude and ignore but I’m really not finding it funny at all
Khushboo recently posted..I like steamed buns & I cannot lie…My Profile

5 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat October 24, 2013 at 6:17 am

LOVE this facial scrub recipe! I totally need to give that a try!

My birthday is in August. The weather is definitely turning cold in my neck of the woods. There was frost on my car this a.m. and is was 40 degrees. Brrrr!

Congrats on the bars! I definitely will be making those within the next few weeks. They look amazing!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..My Fall Fashion FavsMy Profile

6 Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate October 24, 2013 at 6:19 am

Hahaha loved the sloth fact…Those little guys crack me up!
Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate recently posted..Mission Accomplished: I Found My Wedding DressMy Profile

7 Ashley {Whole Foods New Body} October 24, 2013 at 6:21 am

Pinning that face mask!! I can’t wait to try it!! :)

8 Cori @ olivetorun October 24, 2013 at 6:26 am

I’m an August baby- Leo traits galore over here.
Congrats on the feature in Greatist. I sometimes wish that I was more of a cook/chef/baker but then I remember I don’t really love it enough at this point in my life and get over it :)
Cori @ olivetorun recently posted..Life Lessons At SeventeenMy Profile

9 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 24, 2013 at 12:16 pm

That’s okay — you’ve got plenty of other things you’re amazing at :P

10 Christine @ Gotta Eat Green October 24, 2013 at 6:31 am

I can see why those pumpkin pie oatmeal bars are so popular, they look delicious!! A must try. The weather here in Toronto today is not ideal. I almost froze on my way to work this morning. Oh and it was dark… so depressing.
Christine @ Gotta Eat Green recently posted..Healthy Spooky Almond Joy Bites [vegan and gluten free]My Profile

11 Lucie October 24, 2013 at 6:42 am

Congrats on the Oat-Pumpkin-Recipe Hype!! That is so cool!!
And I love that mask recipe. I always wanted to make one on my own, so thanks for that!
If I would always LOL when I write it, my co-workers would probably send me home cause they think I was drunk or something…..
Lucie recently posted..Throwback Thursday – the past in picturesMy Profile

12 Liz S. October 24, 2013 at 6:45 am

AWESOME about the feature on Greatist! Congratulations!

I love those mugs – too cute! :D

13 meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles October 24, 2013 at 6:47 am

I love at-home beauty treatments – cheaper than the store and so much better for your skin. I need to try this one you posted. I am big on using avocado on the face. I meant to do a post about it and you just reminded me! It’s been warm here until today – so chilly, I need to adjust!
meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles recently posted..Peer Pressure, Cool and Can’t Buy Me LoveMy Profile

14 Brittany @ Delights and Delectables October 24, 2013 at 6:50 am

It’s in the 30′s here right now… YUCK! I am going to have to try that face scrub!! Thanks love!
Brittany @ Delights and Delectables recently posted..Luvy’s Takeover- About BrittanyMy Profile

15 Christina @ Pinch of Healthy October 24, 2013 at 6:51 am

Congrats on the Greatist feature, well deserved!
I remember last year my pumpkins were covered with snow around this time so let’s keep our fingers crossed for a snow-free Halloween! Can you believe I actually got hot wearing my jacket yesterday!
Christina @ Pinch of Healthy recently posted..Mini Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Cream Cheese FrostingMy Profile

16 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 24, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Right?! I’m trying not to jinx it because it looks like we might be getting snow on Sunday, but at least we’ve been able to enjoy a few more weeks of nice weather.

17 Mary October 24, 2013 at 6:51 am

That is so true about the LOL thing. What’s really annoying is the two students in my class that use the word in everyday language…You’re NOT laughing out loud…CLEARLY…I’m right in-front of you, I can tell!
Mary recently posted..A tasting sessionMy Profile

18 kathy @ vodka and soda October 24, 2013 at 6:51 am

HOLD THE PHONE. YOU LIVE IN CANADA?! EDMONTON ALBERTA?!?!?! why am i just finding this out NOW?
kathy @ vodka and soda recently posted..it’s my knee and i can cry if i want toMy Profile

19 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 24, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Yup! Born and raised! Is there something special about E-town?

20 Kelly @ Femme Fitale October 24, 2013 at 6:54 am

I always have a million things to write after your Thinking Out Loud posts, but I’ll just leave it with a CONGRATS on your amazing pumpkin bars (that I definitely need to make). Oh, and I am totally going to try your face mask suggestion. I am in the running for a new weekly mask anyway, so I will give this one a whirl before dropping the big bucks.
And no. I once phased LOLs out of my life, but have recently brought them back only when they are well deserved and completely legit!
Kelly @ Femme Fitale recently posted..Finally On The MendMy Profile

21 Jo @ Living Mint Green October 24, 2013 at 7:07 am

oh my goodness – those mugs are the CUTEST things I have ever seen. Where are they from?!

I love it when you share your beauty tips – I’m going to try this mask tonight so I have pretty skin for the weekend. My fav skin care product is this calming facial oil I bought from a herb shop in the Yukon. It makes my skin so glory & even.
Jo @ Living Mint Green recently posted..I Can’t Believe ThisMy Profile

22 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 24, 2013 at 12:34 pm

I actually found the mugs in Homesense over the course of many, many months and many, many visits.

23 Carly @ Snack Therapy October 24, 2013 at 7:12 am

I’m a September baby — there’s a lot of us, since people get reallll bored around December/January time ;).

Congrats on your pumpkin recipe! That’s awesome <3 <3 <3.
Carly @ Snack Therapy recently posted..If Instagram Was Honest, Part IIMy Profile

24 Becky @ Olives n Wine October 24, 2013 at 7:25 am

Awww.. happy birthday to Sam! My day of birth is in the good ol’ freezing and dark month of January. It’s always freezing and there is always a blizzard. Fun times ;) And I honestly never “LOL” and don’t mean it – maybe it’s because I can rarely keep a straight face and laugh all of the time regardless!
Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted..Calling all oatmeal lovers!My Profile

25 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 24, 2013 at 12:36 pm

Yay for a fellow January baby! <3 Ditto on it always being freezing and blizzardy — and as an extra kick in the pants, mine was usually on the first day back to school after the holidays ;)

26 Heather @TheSoulfulSpoon October 24, 2013 at 7:28 am

My birthday’s News Years Eve:):) Congrats on your exciting Greatist news!! THAT IS AWESOME!!!:):):) PS- I bake goods for people all the time and use my “It’s Southern hospitality” as my excuse:):):)
Heather @TheSoulfulSpoon recently posted..My Take Thursdays : “Thick and Thin and The Skinny on Slim”My Profile

27 Shawna October 24, 2013 at 7:29 am

just stumbled across your blog and have to say, that recipe looks amazing. congrats on the pins!
i’m a junebug, and the weather here in NYC has been increeeeedible throughout the entirety of Sept. and Oct. we’ve had truly golden months and i couldn’t ask for anything better. just starting to get a bit chilly this week.

28 Mai-Lis @ A Sunshiny Day October 24, 2013 at 7:32 am

Love this! I’m glad I’m not the only one who has the urge to bake for strangers. I made a bunch of cookies last year when we had a guy working on our boiler and you should have seen his face, he was SO excited about those little babies. I say DO it! You’ll be the hero of their day :)
Mai-Lis @ A Sunshiny Day recently posted..Cocoa Slow Cooker ChiliMy Profile

29 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 24, 2013 at 12:40 pm

Okay I’m pretty sure that was all the encouragement I needed — doing it this afternoon :D

30 Ksenija @ With An Open Mind October 24, 2013 at 7:42 am

Congrats on being feature on Greatist. That is so amazing and remembers me that there is one more recipe of yours to make. Btw. I’ve found out how I like your pumpkin cookies best: microwaved for up to 10 seconds. They get warm and gooey and the chocolate chips melt again…. yum!

Oh and that face mask sounds awesome! I am going to try it and probably feature it on the “face care” post coming next in my “pamper yourself” series. Thanks girl.
Ksenija @ With An Open Mind recently posted..Hairy Stories {pamper yourself in October}My Profile

31 Elizabeth@myneonrunningshoes October 24, 2013 at 7:47 am

I definitely want to try your facial scrub recipe! Looks amazing :-) You always have great beauty tips!
Elizabeth@myneonrunningshoes recently posted..Throwback Thursday: Halloween Costume EditionMy Profile

32 Laura @ RunningJunkie October 24, 2013 at 8:28 am

Everybody lies about “LOL”. It’s just such a common thing to say. When I’m actually laughing, I type “You actually made me LOL”, just so the person receiving it knows that I’m being genuine about my “LOL”.

33 Tamara October 24, 2013 at 8:28 am

Very cool about the recipe!!

My bday is in March. I hope it’s warmer then than it is now… it’s already starting to get down into the low 30s at night, way too chilly for mid-October, if you ask me! Today and tomorrow, the highs will only be around 50. Buh-rrr.
Tamara recently posted..Clutch ListMy Profile

34 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 24, 2013 at 12:49 pm

I’d trade you March for January! Not only is it cold and dark, but everyone is grouchy after coming down from the Christmas high :mad:

35 Tamara October 24, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Ah, I can understand your dissatisfaction with January. :/
Tamara recently posted..Clutch Pics #1My Profile

36 Heather Murphy October 24, 2013 at 8:29 am

Congrats on the success of the amazing recipe! I love beauty DIY’s and this one sounds great! I have such an uneven complexion, so hopefully this helps!
Heather Murphy recently posted..A common cause for knee pain and what you can do about it.My Profile

37 Giselle@myhealthyhappyhome October 24, 2013 at 8:50 am

Congrats on such a great response to your pumpkin pars! I definitely pinned those for post Whole30 treats :-)
Giselle@myhealthyhappyhome recently posted..Thursday ThingsMy Profile

38 Lisa October 24, 2013 at 9:31 am

My birthday is in February.

Congrats on your pumpkin bars!!! They look delicious!! :-)
Lisa recently posted..Always in ArubaMy Profile

39 Angela @ Health's Angel October 24, 2013 at 9:33 am

Congratulations on the recipe success! There’s definitely good reason behind that…those bars do look incredible. Thanks for the DIY face mask recipe. I need to try that out on my icky pesky skin that never behaves!
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Silence the MindMy Profile

40 Lauren October 24, 2013 at 9:33 am

I am a January baby which I love and hate at the same time. Winter is my least favorite season so I always wished I had a fall birthday! I never do any homemade face masks because my skin is really, REALLY picky. I normally have pretty clear skin so I keep it to Cetaphil and that’s about it. I’m scared to try anything because of my bad experiences with other products growing up. I definitely do not laugh every time I type “LOL” but I am definitely one of those weird-o people who laugh at nothing in public. Embarrassing.

I would make them something FOR SURE. You and I would definitely get along after reading this.
Lauren recently posted..and the diagnosis is…My Profile

41 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 24, 2013 at 12:53 pm

My skin is pretty finicky too and I usually find that the more products I try to use on it, the worse it becomes. And I feel ya on being a January baby — it’s cold, dark, and everyone is grouchy :?

42 Courtney @ Don't Blink. Just Run. October 24, 2013 at 9:37 am

Bad Lip Reading is genius. My all time favorite is when they did the NFL. I was in tears!

About sharing treats with strangers…I say go for it! You’ll probably make their day. We do the same thing sometimes (though we’re rarely home during the day when most work goes on anywhere near us).
Courtney @ Don’t Blink. Just Run. recently posted..Plateaus Belong In National ParksMy Profile

43 Miss Polkadot October 24, 2013 at 9:49 am

Eeee! The sheep! But we can’t play favourites here, huh?
Once more congrats on your feature! That’s so awesome – and well deserved.
Handing baked goods to the workers isn’t a strange idea but one of those wonderful random acts of kindness. Just think about how happy they’d be and how much more appreciated for their work they’d feel. I’d say go for it [and report back]! I mean, you’re a Greatist-featured baker now so you should show off and share :).
We’re birthday month twins: January.
Surprisingly enough it’s gotten warmer again after several really chilly days over here so I’d better head out now to still get a nice evening walk in.
Miss Polkadot recently posted..Just like your average bloggerMy Profile

44 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl October 24, 2013 at 10:01 am

I can totally see why that recipe has become so popular. They pretty much sound like pure heaven. The month of November is when my major baking urges strike, and those are on my list of things to make!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Pumpkin Cocoa Overnight OatsMy Profile

45 Alex @ therunwithin October 24, 2013 at 10:32 am

oh you are funny, borrowing a lemon? now that i have never heard of especially because you thought you could return it. haha. adorable mugs!
Alex @ therunwithin recently posted..Started from the Bottom.My Profile

46 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 24, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Well I was in the neighbourhood and there just happened to be an extra lemon there, so I helped myself. I mean, that’s what parents are for, right? ;)

47 Alex @ Kenzie Life October 24, 2013 at 11:08 am

I used to work at a spa so I’m full of weird homemade recipes and random facts. I always get nervous when people use coffee grounds as a face scrub, because they have jagged edges and will actually cause micro-tears in your skin, which is why it’s better to use rounded “beaded” type scrubs, but generally sugar is ok when it’s really fine. I have a good body scrub I’m going to post soon :) And I’m SO guilty of typing LOL when I don’t think something is funny or I’m not laughing. Yep, guess I’m a phony ;)
Alex @ Kenzie Life recently posted..50 Little Things That Make Life Worth LivingMy Profile

48 Kat October 24, 2013 at 11:16 am

LOVE diy masks like that!! I actually use honey a lot in face masks, especially in the winter. I do coconut oil hair masks probably once a week as well :)
And those mugs are seriously so freakin cute! Im such a mug whore, I really don’t need another one, but any time I see one with butterflies or owls I have to snatch it up :)
Kat recently posted..Vegan Pumpkin Banana Breakfast CakeMy Profile

49 GiGi Eats Celebrities October 24, 2013 at 11:19 am

OMFG i thought my life was complete… BUT CLEARLY IT IS NOT because I NEED THOSE MUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy HOT DAMN! WHEREEEEEEE can I find them?!
GiGi Eats Celebrities recently posted..The Deck of DeathMy Profile

50 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 24, 2013 at 12:59 pm

I found mine in Homesense, which I guess is Canada’s version of TJ Maxx?

51 Karen @ KAMA FITNESS October 24, 2013 at 11:28 am

Thanks so much for a DIY face mask! I’m going to have to try this….oh boy, I guess this means I’ll have to buy some sugar lol!
Karen @ KAMA FITNESS recently posted..Fitness Mistake #10 – Ignoring Heavy Weighted SquatsMy Profile

52 Ashlee@HisnHers October 24, 2013 at 11:30 am

I love homemade face scrub but I’ve never put lemon in. I didn’t realize it naturally tightened! Thanks for the tip!

53 Ellie October 24, 2013 at 11:45 am

Ohhh then that definitely means I need to try out your recipe!!!! :D and I’ve been loving at home “remedies” for the skin, and ebb very now and then I use baking soda+warm h2o to cleanse and tighten pores because I’ve been bad at washing my face at night~hah! Sometimes it’s the last thing I want to do :) oooppsss
Ellie recently posted..The Evolution of My Fitness JourneyMy Profile

54 Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com October 24, 2013 at 11:51 am

First – thanks for sharing your face scrub recipe! I use an oatmeal/yogurt one but think yours would be way more beneficial! And
CONGRATS!!!!!! on the 2k pins and the feature on “Greatist”!!! WOOOHOOO!!!!!
Nice to hear SOMEONE is having a warm fall – its been in the 40′s here in Lawrenceville, Georgia – lows supposed to be in the 30′s this weekend :(
My birthday was in September – so happy it was warm then! When is your bday?

Actually – I am very, very quick to laugh or smile – sometimes when no one else is – and looks at me wierd (but thats another story)…so 99% of the time when I type LOL – it’s more like ROFLMAO! Bahahaha!
Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com recently posted..Heart Warming Apple Pecan Pancakes!My Profile

55 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 24, 2013 at 1:04 pm

Thanks, Shashi! I’m the same way with the LOLing! I guess I’m just easily amused ;) And you’re lucky to have your birthday in September! Mine is in January and it’s always cold and dark and people are grouchy :mad:

56 Nicole @ FruitnFitness October 24, 2013 at 11:59 am

Congrats on the recipe, that’s huge! Understandable as it sounds amazing. I brought cookies to work all the time and think nothing about it, never done it for strangers but I’m sure they would like them. It’s so cold here, like below average can’t get warm no matter how much hot lemon water I have kind of cold.
Nicole @ FruitnFitness recently posted..radio ramblingsMy Profile

57 Katie @ Live Half Full October 24, 2013 at 12:04 pm

I’m totally pinning the face mask to use this weekend! Thanks!
Katie @ Live Half Full recently posted..Three Things ThursdayMy Profile

58 Agnes October 24, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Don’t think there’s anything weird about sharing baked goods with strangers. I used to make sandwiches for a homeless guy who hung out near my flat. Not quite the same thing as baking for construction workers perhaps, but I think it’s a great idea, I’m sure they’ll really appreciate it! If everyone had your attitude the world would be a better place. :)

59 Alysia @ Slim Sanity October 24, 2013 at 12:44 pm

There’s a reason that recipe has blown up… it looks freakin’ delicious!! I wish I had some spare time to do any kind of baking right now. I could really use some pumpkin in my life! :) xo
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..I Conducted A Metabolism Experiment…My Profile

60 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 24, 2013 at 1:25 pm

If only I could FedEx some to you!

61 Laura Agar Wilson (@lauraagarwilson) October 24, 2013 at 12:44 pm

The weather is weird here too! I was freezing in the flat today but outside it was warm and sunny. I actually want it to be cold, I don’t like it when the weather doesn’t do what it’s suppose to! So glad you posted that face mask recipe, I often make an olive oil sugar scrub but I’ve been neglecting my face. Have a great rest of the week!

62 kris October 24, 2013 at 1:07 pm

I need to try number 4! My current favorite face mask is by Apivita (amazing.) but I’m really intrigued by yours with the exfoliation as well. I love face masks/scrubs :)
Also, I too get the urge to bake and share goodies with strangers, but then I always chicken out and don’t do it because I think that they’ll be weirded out.
kris recently posted..HIIT in hawaiiMy Profile

63 Jess(ica)@CookingIsMySport October 24, 2013 at 1:30 pm

My birthday’s in September- the 27th to be exact. For some reason, I’ve always wished that my birthday could be in May- I don’t even know why, but May has always been my favorite month of the year.

The weather here in Mid-Michigan this week was part rainy and cold, part sunny and a little nippy. Today, it’s a lovely autumn day.Sunny, not too cold, but not warm either. Perfect fall weather.

Y’know, when I was younger in middle school, I used to have to do all kinds of things to my face. I had really bad acne through puberty so I’d use the face scrubs, prescription creams and rubbing alcohol. I even used toothpaste for my zits sometimes. But thankfully, for the past three or four years, my skin’s been really easy going. I don’t flake or dry up like I used to, and zits are really rare. The only thing my skin can even take right now is Dove soap and water. Pretty low maintenance- which I’m perfectly fine with :-)

I don’t really use lol much when I text, mostly I use lmao, or lmbo when I’m trying to watch my language ;-)

Congrats on the pinning for your recipe. It definitely looks delicous!’

Jess(ica)@CookingIsMySport recently posted..Honey Garlic Pot RoastMy Profile

64 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 24, 2013 at 2:53 pm

See, and I’ve always wished that my birthday could be in a month like September… I’m a January baby, and everyone always seems to be pretty cranky around that time of year. And then there’s the weather :?

65 Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves October 24, 2013 at 1:44 pm

I totally need to try that facial mask! I love that it’s natural and can be made with household ingredients. And hooray for such a pinnable recipe! It really does look amazing.
I never say LOL anymore (I say “hahaha!”), but when I used to in, like, middle school, I was nearly always lying. The only time I say LOL now is if I am truly laughing out loud!
Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..WIAW: Strange But GoodMy Profile

66 Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate October 24, 2013 at 2:04 pm

You are much kinder than me, when there is construction near my apartment all I want to do is tell them to quiet down…whoops haha. My mom is constantly bringing home lemons and limes (and now persimmons!!) from her work, so I always snag some when I drop by.

67 dixya| food, pleasure, and health October 24, 2013 at 2:06 pm

i need to bake that soon- congrats on being featured. I am a March baby :)
dixya| food, pleasure, and health recently posted..Celebrating DasainMy Profile

68 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 24, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Thanks for the birthday love!! <3 and that's fabulous about Greatist, congrats! They do look epic though, so I can't say I'm surprised.
Whenever I leave my parents' place I always come home with something weird in my purse. Last time it was two containers of mango chipotle seasoning.
And considering that I had to scrape frost off my windshield this morning, I think it's safe to say that I'm jealous of your weather. That is just uncool.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Pop the Champagne.My Profile

69 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 24, 2013 at 5:03 pm

Doooooon’t worry — you’ll be the last one laughing when we’re dealing with -35 in a few months :?

70 Floey October 24, 2013 at 3:58 pm

you should do a “whats in my purse” post :P
do you collect mugs? so cute!
Floey recently posted..DoingMy Profile

71 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 24, 2013 at 5:06 pm

Hmm. I wouldn’t really say that I go out of my way to collect them, but I have a small collection of them, if that makes sense?

72 Liz @ Carpe Diem and Run October 24, 2013 at 4:02 pm

I am DEFINITELY trying that scrub – you can tell I’m a teen by looking at my skin and I really want to change that!
Liz @ Carpe Diem and Run recently posted..Crow PoseMy Profile

73 Arman @ thebigmansworld October 24, 2013 at 4:19 pm

Congrats on the credit for those pumpkin bars- well deserved- Although I stand by as the almond protein fudge as being my fav spoon-vention.

I love the sound of the quinoa mixed with cheese- but where are the carbs in that ;)

Not even going to bother explaining melbourne’s weather. Its unpredictable. At home beauty treatment- putting cucumbers on eyes…not really I’ve seen that in movies.

I must be oblivious, I just realised those facts aren’t WOW facts but WoW facts LOL!!!!! (I wrote that giggling, FYI).
Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted..He thinks/ she thinks- The comparison trap between friendsMy Profile

74 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 24, 2013 at 5:11 pm

The carbs? I was trying to make a magazine acceptable meal ;) And stop saying WoW… I haven’t played in a month and I’m trying to stay away :P

PS – I need to get back to your e-mail… doing that, stat.

75 Arman @ thebigmansworld October 25, 2013 at 12:43 am

Take your time my friend- no rush.

Moo.
Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted..Off the cuff Fridays 25/10- Kabocha peanut butter cookiesMy Profile

76 Chelsea @ Chelsea's Healthy Kitchen October 24, 2013 at 4:53 pm

HAHAHA oh my gosh that Game of Thrones video is the greatest thing ever! Made. my. day.

That DIY mask sounds fantastic. One time a few years ago my friends and I got together and made a bunch of natural masks, moisturizers, etc, but I haven’t made any since. I’d love to get back into doing it because I’m sure this natural mask is way better for me than all the chemicals in the Neutrogena scrub I use!

If I say lol, I’m saying it with a pretty straight face. If I say LOL, I probably smiled. If I say HAHAHA I’m probably laughing my butt off (see above).

PS. Congrats on all that success and recognition from your recipe – that’s awesome! :D
Chelsea @ Chelsea’s Healthy Kitchen recently posted..Pinterest hits and missesMy Profile

77 sarah October 24, 2013 at 4:55 pm

Now, granted I’ve not tried your bars yet ( as canned pumpkin isn’t really sold here), but I’m a little surprised they overtook your no-bake almond butter fudge! That stuff…it’s a self-control THEIF I tell ya.

No real at home beauty treatments from me, but i do like cucumber slices on the eyes, refreshing & soothing .
I’ve used Lush’s fresh face masks. It is quite risky though, having to store them I the fridge, when they mostly resemble some sort of hummus, or chocolatey pudding. I can see myself tucking into some face mask during a hungry lapse of concentration :p.

Okay, so this is my own ‘Thinking out Loud’, what does Amanda think of the song ‘Of The Night’ by Bastille ?, if you don’t mind me asking:).
I love it, but I’m told I have bad taste in music, LOL<- and no I didn't actually laugh out loud there.
Xxx

78 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 24, 2013 at 9:02 pm

I hadn’t heard it before, but I like it! I love the tribute to the 90′s ;)

79 Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food October 24, 2013 at 5:23 pm

That face mask looks like something I need! I’ve been on the road all week and forgot my face wash, so I’ve been using hotel bar soap. I know, terrible! I can’t imagine if it were snowing where I live this early, I’d probably move, I’m terrible with cold!
Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food recently posted..The Best Parts About HomeMy Profile

80 christine@munchkinmumbles October 24, 2013 at 5:23 pm

Isn’t this alberta weather just wonderful! In Calgary it’s currently 20! To be honest tho, I do love wintery snowy days and nights :)
christine@munchkinmumbles recently posted..Thursday Thoughts and a Funny VideoMy Profile

81 lindsay October 24, 2013 at 5:28 pm

that’s what mom’s are for, right? to borrow.. i mean steal produce that you don’t have. I do it all the time and chips!
lindsay recently posted..Joy & the Journey …Plus Grain Free Blueberry Banana Nut Sticky BreadMy Profile

82 Ari @ Ari's Menu October 24, 2013 at 6:14 pm

Those mugs are toooo cute! And I would totally bake cookies to pass out to strangers. :)
Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..Drink & Dish: Spider Web CupcakesMy Profile

83 Alisha @ Alisha's Appetite October 24, 2013 at 6:23 pm

I saw a similar face mask the other day that I have been planning on trying it soon, so thanks for the reminder. And congrats on your recipe going viral! That’s awesome!!!
Alisha @ Alisha’s Appetite recently posted..Massaged Kale Salad with Butternut Squash, Toasted Walnuts and Blue CheeseMy Profile

84 Eating 4 Balance October 24, 2013 at 7:58 pm

I kind of really like the idea that we think we look bad in pictures because we only ever see a mirror version of ourselves. If that’s true… I don’t know what, but that’s pretty cool :)

Eep! Congrats on the enormous success with the oatmeal bars. They looked like a winner to me from first glance and apparentally the people at Greatist and I have the same brain waves or something. ;)

Yes. to the question about LOL. I kind of use lol and haha a lot even when I’m not laughing. I smile a lot in person so it’s kind of my way of conveying that without bombarding a reader with smiley faces :) :) :) :)

It’s getting cold here! Yesterday my dad texted me and said that one of his students told him it was snowing up at my college… two hours away… So I looked outside and it was indeed snowing. LOL. (<<< I wasn't laughing BEFORE I typed that, but I am now!)
Eating 4 Balance recently posted..What I Really Think When Reading Inspirational QuotesMy Profile

85 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 24, 2013 at 9:07 pm

It’s weird… Sometimes I’ll type LOL because I’m laughing in my head, but I have a completely straight face. Aaaaaand now I just sound crazy :lol:

It’s actually hard to believe that so many places are getting snow before us…

86 Corinne October 24, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Love those odd and random facts in your Friday posts. They kinda remind me of the ‘fun facts’ on Libra pads. My husband always knows when my period’s come because I walk out the bathroom each morning saying “did you know…” .. :)
Corinne recently posted..WIAW # 2My Profile

87 Corinne October 24, 2013 at 8:18 pm

PS: awesome news on the recipe success!!
Corinne recently posted..WIAW # 2My Profile

88 Jan @ Sprouts n Squats October 24, 2013 at 11:22 pm

I love that mug it is way too cute!! I want to start a collection now too, although my first one would need to be a cat. Now you just need a goat one to add to your collection ;)

It is Spring here in Australia and meant to be warm but it is windy, cold and raining. Bring on the warm weather I say.

My birthday is in April.

Happy Friday!
Jan @ Sprouts n Squats recently posted..Friday FavouritesMy Profile

89 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 26, 2013 at 8:09 am

Bonus points if it’s a cat with a carrot on its head ;)

90 Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope October 25, 2013 at 2:36 am

I actually baked cookies for the service center when I brought my car in haha! They loved them!

I’m from Wisconsin and live in Texas, and it’s SO weird to have 80* days in October – it’s snowing in Wisconsin now!
Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope recently posted..The Workout ClosetMy Profile

91 Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli October 25, 2013 at 6:19 am

Ok, so I’ve never seen an episode of GoT, but now I want to! I know it has nothing to do with that video, but omg, that was freakin’ hilarious! Sexy studmuffin? Kitty meat?! Lol <- And I'm NOT lying…this time! ;)

Congrats with the recipe feature and all the pins! That is awesome, girlie! Woo hoo! And I've GOT to try out that face scrub…the weather has taken a complete nose-dive over here in the last week or so and my skin has gotten so dry! I'm way overdue for a good at-home spa night…maybe I can talk my girlfriends into it tonight when we come back to the house for drinks after dinner!
Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli recently posted..Fallout FridayMy Profile

92 Tessa @ Amazing Asset October 25, 2013 at 8:52 am

Oh EM GEE how COOL about your recipe! I still have Thanksgiving coming up and now I know for sure this is a recipe I will make for it. Will of course let you know how it turns out :)
That GOT video just made my morning, thank you for bringing it to my attention! Off to share on facebook… more of the public needs to join in the hilarity
Tessa @ Amazing Asset recently posted..Thursday Thoughts + UpdatesMy Profile

93 Shikha @ Shikha la mode October 25, 2013 at 12:05 pm

Great list, and those bars, OMG. Your blog is great! I’m just getting serious about mine. If you have any SEO tips, I’d love learn from you!!

94 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 26, 2013 at 8:11 am

SEO is actually something that I’m still trying to wrap my head around myself, but what I do know is to: tag your posts with keywords, use headings, and don’t get too creative with your post titles — make sure they’re clear as to what your post is about.

95 EMMA October 25, 2013 at 1:32 pm

If I type LOL it usually means that I’m smiling but if something really does make me laugh then I’ll probably type something like LOL! LOL! Hahaaaaa! heehee! hahaaaa!!! :-)
EMMA recently posted..My Little BubbleMy Profile

96 Charlotte @ Commitness to Fitness October 25, 2013 at 2:32 pm

Congrats on your pumpkin pie oatmeal bars!! thats so exciting! and here its been unseasonably nice out lately until basically yesterday when it was like bam. winter. oh well, i kinda love the cold (ha ask me again in feb i might be singing a different a tune) but for now i love it :) and i have never said “lol” with a straight face per se- its always with a smile, or at least a smirk :)
Charlotte @ Commitness to Fitness recently posted..I’m back like a salty craving snack attackMy Profile

97 Rebecca October 26, 2013 at 7:42 pm

I’m already done with the cold lol (and I was smiling when I typed that, I am the 1%!) The only time I don’t mean lol is when something is awkward and lol seems like a safe way to get away from it (90% of the time, its accurate).
Rebecca recently posted..Have your Dessert: The End of DeferrmentMy Profile

98 Jessie October 27, 2013 at 12:05 am

Congratulations on the pumpkin feature on greatist! Aren’t you just freaking fabulous?!! I totally think you should share some of your baked goods with the workers. it may be weird, but it’d be so sweet… just watch out- they may come back expecting more baked goods on a daily basis. If that happens – tell them you’re sorry but you have to share with your friend, Jessie =)

Birthday month: July
LOL Question: I’m not quite sure, I know most of the time I truly am laughing.
Jessie recently posted..Zombie SurvivalMy Profile

99 Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets October 27, 2013 at 11:04 am

We had snow last week!!!! But yesterday and today are all good. Cool, but sunny enough I finally got around to planting my garlic. It’s my first time so cross your fingers it works. The garlic scapes will be my first real sign of spring so is a lovely seasonal metaphor. Buried at the first sign of winter and resurface come spring.
The GoT clip is too funny. I laugh every time I watch it. Jamie’s whisper might be my favorite or Tyrion’s gangsta voice.
I wish I had a lemon in my purse so I could make this mask. I’m intrigued and I’m also drying out with winter on the horizon.
Congratulations on the pumpkin pie oatmeal bars. That is great news so happy dance away. Throw in some jazz hands while you’re at it.
Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted..Soup’s OnMy Profile

100 Irina October 27, 2013 at 11:40 am

First and foremost, congratulations on the recipe accomplishment! That’s definitely a great reason to gloat, no shame :) Plus, I already bookmarked that recipe and plan on recreating it as soon as I can.

I love love love homemade facial scrubs and masks! Some of my favorite masks are the simplest: clay and oatmeal (not together though). I honestly think that homemade beauty products are the route to take – not only can you control the quality of the ingredients but you can also use them happily knowing that you’re not slathering your face with nasty chemicals.
Irina recently posted..My heater turned on & regretful purchasesMy Profile

101 Cassie October 29, 2013 at 10:01 am

I always want to share baked goods with strangers… I don’t know why. Maybe validation that I’m a good baker?
Cassie recently posted..So, You Need a Last Minute Halloween CostumeMy Profile

102 Albizia October 30, 2013 at 7:15 pm

October is my month. This year it was a really weird month though. It started with temperatures of 30-32 degrees (Celsius!), I last went to the beach on my birthday in the middle of the month and then it suddenly got cold. Now it’s just undecided. It doesn’t know whether it wants to be warm or cold so one day it’s nice and sunny and on the next it’s really dull and chilly.

Lol? All the time. Even in a very bad mood. The voice in my head reading it is extremely sarcastic.
Albizia recently posted..Когато роденият песимист се умори от собственото си черногледствоMy Profile