. a nutty day .

by Amanda @ .running with spoons. on September 20, 2013

Yesterday was a little nuts… literally.

It all started (#1) when I checked my Twitter feed first thing in the morning…

Maisie Jane Follow

Oh.em.geeee. Now, you guys know I have a serious crush on Maisie Jane’s almond butter, so I’ll unashamedly admit that there was some major gushing and minor happy dancing going on around these parts… followed by (#2) a rendezvous at breakfast, naturally…

AB for Breakfast

So good. A little while later, I had my third nutty encounter of the day – a luscious love affair with a certain nut named Justin

Justin's Maple AB

Oh.em.geeee. As much as I like the vanilla almond butter, I’m going to go ahead and say that the maple is so much better. It’s not as sweet, which I actually appreciate, and I’m Canadian, which means I have an innate affinity for anything involving maple syrup ;) Seriously, though, it’s good stuff. Unfortunately, nutty encounter #4 was far less pleasant…

So there I was sitting in Starbucks, typing away on the computer and minding my own business, when some lady just sat down at the other chair at my [small] table (without asking mind you), pushed my stuff aside, put her coffee and scone down, and started complaining about how there was nowhere to sit because every table was occupied by one person with a computer.

Uhm? :shock: I’m one person with a computer… one person with a computer who’s trying to get some work done and enjoy her coffee in peace, thank you very much. I did my best to be cordial, and mostly just ignored her, but that doesn’t mean I wasn’t giving her a serious stank eye in my head.

Stank Eye

I mean, I would have had no problem if she had asked to sit down, but barging right in like that? And then chewing her food too loudly, sipping her coffee with a little too much vigour, and walking away without so much as a thank you? No, lady. That’s just plain rude… /endrant.

But enough about that nut. Moving on to nutty encounter #5, which was far more enjoyable…

Coconut Almond

I was feeling super snacky when lunch time rolled around, and when I saw Sam post an Instagram pic of her snack plate lunch that included these toasted coconut almonds from Blue Diamond, I deemed it a very good idea and decided to follow suit…

Coconut Almonds

You guys… these are good. They have the perfect amount of coconutty flavour paired with the wonderful crunchiness of toasted almonds. I die. I’m basically praying that Canada is on board with this. I mean, my swag stash is only going to last for so long, and I’m not really looking forward to the inevitable withdrawals that’ll follow when I run out… But moving on to nutty experience #6

Milk Frother

Frothing the Milk
Frothing Milk

Foamy Milk

Oh.em.geeee. Someone tell me why on earth it took me so long to get a milk frother, because these things are amazing. I found this little gem in my HLS swag bag (thanks CocoaVia!), and I’m seriously kicking myself for not investing in one sooner. You guys know how much I love my foamy cappuccinos, so you’d think I would have caught on to the concept of homemade froth ages ago. Not so. Clearly I needed a little outside encouragement. Oh, and if you’re wondering how this was a nutty encounter, it was almond milk ;)

And last, but certainly not least, nutty experience #7

AB Kabocha

Roasted kabocha and almond butter… no other words are necessary.

Happy Friday, friendly faces! :D

What nutty experience have you had, or are you planning to have, today?
Favourite combo: nut butter and _______.

1 Charlotte @ Commitness to Fitness September 20, 2013 at 6:09 am

Hahaha nutty experience #4 was certainly a doozy! whats up with people? like, i just cant sometimes. and oh.em.geeee a milk frother!! why havent i ever thought about getting one?i dont even have a good excuse for not having one yet. i need this. ok adding that to my to-do list. and right now im craving an english muffin with pb (because its all we have here at work) and banana. so thats my winning nut butter flavor combination of the moment :)
Charlotte @ Commitness to Fitness recently posted..I’m Guest Posting Today!My Profile

2 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 20, 2013 at 10:43 am

Do it, do it, DO IT! You’ll be kicking yourself for not doing it sooner. Seriously, I was just sitting there eating the foam with a spoon, and then frothing it up again when I ran out ;)

3 elise September 20, 2013 at 6:10 am

Ah I love everything about this. What a great day of nuttiness (less that crazy lady at Starbucks. Seriously, what the eff? And then to be so rude when she plopped down? Ugh. Good for you in not letting her have it!)

Nut butter + a spoon? I think that’s always a safe pairing ;)
elise recently posted..I’m a big kid now…so I guess I have to eat like one, tooMy Profile

4 Lisa September 20, 2013 at 6:11 am

Eee…how exciting that your favorite nut butter company followed you. I always get excited when those things happen as well.
Now you are really making me want a milk frother, since that cappuccino looks heavenly!
And seriously Canada can they hurry up and get in on all the fun foodie items that the US has. So unfair;)
Oh and kabocha always is amazing.
Happy Friday love!
Lisa recently posted..5 Goals I’m Working OnMy Profile

5 Jo @ Living Mint Green September 20, 2013 at 6:14 am

STOP IT RIGHT NOW. I just finished the last of my maple Justins and now I’ll never be happy again!!! (Have you ever ordered it from Vitacost?)

Haha, that Starbucks woman. How…. do people go through life behaving that way? Do they not know they’re like that?! And why would you want to linger in Starbucks if you’re not working/with someone? So many unanswered questions…
Jo @ Living Mint Green recently posted..Pumpkin Spice Snack Balls… For LadiesMy Profile

6 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 20, 2013 at 10:45 am

I haven’t, but I’ve heard good things. And I know that iHerb sells it as well. If all else fails, just take a road trip south for a day ;)

7 Ashley @ Life and Fitness September 20, 2013 at 6:21 am

Ahhhh the foam is everything in the coffee hehe! My frother was super cheap and it works great. The only downside is I’m too lazy to ever use it. I have to dig it out of my kitchen clutter and get back to using it!
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..Physical Therapy WinMy Profile

8 Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com September 20, 2013 at 6:30 am

Happy dance 4 u 4 being followed back by Maisie Jane’s!!! Iam hoping the next happy dance involves a package from Maisie Jane on your doorstep! :)
Your nutty #4 encounter makes me want to share this with you – it was sent to me by my boss
“There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don’t. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living.” ~
Quote: Today may there be peace within. May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others. May you use the gifts that you have received and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content with yourself just the way you are. Let this knowledge settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us”
Came into work today and saw that email from her and it simply made me feel so warm and fuzzy…I had to pass it on!
For me – nut butter and chocolate! Oh yeah! Happy Friday!

9 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 20, 2013 at 10:47 am

Awwr Shashi <3 Thanks so much for that quote! It really is a beautiful one. I hope you’re having the most amazing day!

10 Heather @fitncookies September 20, 2013 at 6:43 am

I can’t believe she came and sat down like that! Such a rude one, haha. Starbucks is basically always one person at a table with their computer…? It’s a place to get work done! lol So glad all your other nutty experiences were enjoyable :)
Heather @fitncookies recently posted..Quite the studious kitten!My Profile

11 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat September 20, 2013 at 6:44 am

So, the first thing I did when I got home from the airport was to run, not walk, right on over to the pantry and grab the peanut butter! It was heaven! ;-)

I was somewhat PB deprived these last few days. In fact, I almost had my PB fix while at my conference, but it ended in disappointment. I went to this restaurant in the a.m. to grab a bagel for breakfast before my workshop started. As I was perusing the menu, I saw they had PB as an option. I was so excited and asked that that be out on my bagel instead of cream cheese. He said okay, I paid, he handed me my order and I went to find a seat. Now I was completely giddy over my breakfast, but when I unwrapped my bagel…it did NOT have PB…it had cream cheese! Ugh!! I couldn’t take it back because my workshop was starting soon…what a disappointment!

And that lady at Starbucks sounds like something else! How rude!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..{Guest Post} A Slightly Modified Version of Power Foods FridayMy Profile

12 Liz (formerly VeggieGirl) September 20, 2013 at 6:44 am

I love nut butter & chocolate for sweet, or nut butter & steamed vegetables for savory.

13 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers September 20, 2013 at 6:54 am

Whaaaaat? How rude! I hear ya about possibly being more open to sharing if she’d actually asked, but wow… that’s brazen. Anyway – fav nutty combo is nut butter and chocolate… or banana… or better yet, nut butter + chocolate + banana.
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..Roast OkraMy Profile

14 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 20, 2013 at 10:49 am

Nut butter, chocolate, and banana is pretty much the holy grail of food combos.

15 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy September 20, 2013 at 6:55 am

If that lady would’ve barged in on me like that, I probably would’ve left. I mean, how did she know that you weren’t meeting up with a friend or there for an interview or something? She could’ve been taking someone else’s chair! Rude! She could’ve just asked nicely to make it a little more socially appropriate.
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Healthy Living Summit 2013 {Day Three}My Profile

16 Natasha September 20, 2013 at 6:57 am

I would have to say that the Justin’s maple almond butter is also my favorite!!! I love pairing it with a fresh pink lady apple. I also enjoy nut butters with greek yogurt or in oatmeal.

Okay, so I totally HATE when people don’t ask to sit at my table. One sunday morning I decided to go to the school library (mind you this was before 9 am so much of campus is asleep or hungover), and there were tables and tables of empty spots. I mean, the library was dead. All of a sudden, not 15 minutes after I got there and made myself comfortable at a table, a group of 4 people decided to sit right next to me, and then another couple of people sat on the other side of me. I was surrounded by these two groups of people doing group projects when NO JOKE there were about 60 other places to sit….
I was so confused and annoyed! lol
Okay. End. Rant.

Have an awesome day!
xoxox
Natasha recently posted..[Random] Thoughts on ThursdayMy Profile

17 Alex @ Kenzie Life September 20, 2013 at 7:00 am

I had a bunch of coconut rice leftover from earlier in the week, so for breakfast a few times I’ve made a little “coconut rice pudding” using the rice, almond milk, vanilla extract, raisins, and cinnamon, and topped it with a big glob of almond butter. Yay for turning dinner leftovers into breakfast!

18 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 20, 2013 at 10:53 am

I’ve been craving a ricey breakfast lately! I seriously need to cook up a big pot of rice one evening and eat the leftovers for breakfast – it’s one of my favourite grains!

19 Cori @ olivetorun September 20, 2013 at 7:05 am

I am not a fan of coconut flavored anything…. but I LOVE the smell of coconut- weird right?
Also, thanks to you I now want a milk frother and will be looking into it this weekend :)
Cori @ olivetorun recently posted..We are lying to ourselves when…My Profile

20 Parita @ myinnershakti September 20, 2013 at 7:12 am

I had a PB and banana smoothie for b’fast! And my all time favorite nut butter combo is PB and chocolate. You can’t beat it!

21 Ksenija @ Health Ninja September 20, 2013 at 7:13 am

Oh my gosh so many nuts in a day :) Happy that you got some Maisie love dear! I totally get how you feel, that’s what makes social media so special, you get in touch with people you would have never thought of. Like me when my favorite star from Smallville answered to one of my tweets, since she is the cutest person ever and like a totally normal human being online.

And what happened to you in Starbucks: happens to me all the freaking time! I just smile way to often and should start looking more grumpy and arrogant like other people do (Jay gets the stinky eye here). People always sit down next to me, in the bus, the subway, starbucks, the bench at the train station… you name it.
Ksenija @ Health Ninja recently posted..All The Pumpkins {the guide to our fall favorite}My Profile

22 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 20, 2013 at 10:55 am

That’s so cool about the star from Smallville! Love it when they do that. And maybe we should take it as a compliment that people are drawn to us? ;)

23 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 20, 2013 at 7:31 am

Wow, I don’t even understand how lady at Starbucks thought that anything she did was appropriate. So.awkward.
Replace kabocha with buttercup and you have my afternoon snack yesterday. I hadn’t tried the squash-with-nut butter thing yet, but I was missing out…such a fantastic combo. And while I really like the Justin’s Maple, I don’t know if I like it better than the vanilla…maybe I just need to buy another vanilla so I can compare…(and have yet another nut butter jar in my apartment).
Last nutty experience: said Justin’s Maple on the yogurt bowl that I just inhaled for breakfast.
And nut butter and chocolate. Although I’m pretty sure that I would say ‘chocolate’ to pretty much any food related question. Although nut butter and banana is a good second choice.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Five Things Friday 09/20/13.My Profile

24 Meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles September 20, 2013 at 7:43 am

I will never forget the man that sat down at my table in the pizza place when I was with my son who was about 2 at the time. Nevermind the fact that I have no interest in sharing my table (sorry, I am so not that friendly when it comes to those types of situations, especially meal situations) but my son was so little that a stranger sitting at our table was not exactly ideal lol….I think we ate fast and last…anyway, I have already had PB2 plus some Crunch Time so my day is quite nutty and it isn’t even 10: 00 am.
Meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles recently posted..Coffee And Goodies But No Fast FoodMy Profile

25 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries September 20, 2013 at 7:59 am

Oh my goodness!! I cannot believe that lady! I agree – super rude!

Nut butter + chocolate obviously. ;)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Full Fat vs. Fat FreeMy Profile

26 Liz @ I Heart Vegetables September 20, 2013 at 8:06 am

Ohhh that little frother is awesome! I need one of those. And coconut roasted almonds?! If it’s as good as their almond coconut milk, I KNOW I’ll be obsessed!
Liz @ I Heart Vegetables recently posted..Brain CravingsMy Profile

27 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 20, 2013 at 10:59 am

I’ve actually never had their almond coconut milk, but I can definitely vouch for these almonds. Definitely grab a pack if you see them!

28 Lucie@FitSwissChick September 20, 2013 at 8:20 am

I love that milk frother! Though i don’t drink coffee, but I just use it for hot chocolate hmmm.
Almond Butter and Homey. Hands Down.
But the maple Almond butter really IS heavenly especially with the added sea salt. Perfect!
Lucie@FitSwissChick recently posted..Friday Favorite Recipes – Kabocha and Chocolate anyone??My Profile

29 Laura Agar Wilson (@lauraagarwilson) September 20, 2013 at 8:20 am

Ahhh! I need to get me some squash and almond butter, that looks to die for, I’m really hoping my super market will have some in at the weekend. Here’s hoping. I think nut butter and squash is my fave, closely followed by nut butter and fresh strawberries, ooh and figs too!

30 Miss Polkadot September 20, 2013 at 8:34 am

While I can’t tell you the reason it took you so long to get a frother [I'd have to figure out why it took me ages first :)!] I’m all with you swooning about the amazingness. I snagged an ‘old’ but not even used one from my parents several months back and you just reminded me to put it to use again. Not even a coffee drinker but almond milk foam …
Nutty encounter #4 is just … nutty. And ridiculous, inpolite and rude. How long would it take to ask, really?! A nutty happening I had at the Farmers’ Market was a woman greedily grabbing a plum that a stall offered for samples – only to apparently disapprove of the taste and spit it out right in front of her [and as I was standing close by] my feet. Who does that? The vendor was quite enraged, too, but held back.
My favourite combo: almond butter and a spoon – and that is my nutty experience right now. One of the perks of living on my own and not having to share. Bliss.
Miss Polkadot recently posted..From [blog] page to plateMy Profile

31 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 20, 2013 at 11:02 am

I was literally sitting there with my cup just eating the foam with a spoon… and then frothing it up again when it ran out ;) And I fully support any favourites involving spoons :mrgreen:

32 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl September 20, 2013 at 8:41 am

I have a MAJOR crush on Justin’s maple almond butter right now, too!!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Healthy Living Summit Recap #3: The ConferenceMy Profile

33 Brittany September 20, 2013 at 9:00 am

I was just told a way to make amazing foam using my french press, I am going to try that this week and hopefully it goes well!!! AHH ALMOND MILK LATTE here I come! SO MUCH amazing nut butter experiences in this post. As for the Starbucks snatch..eww. I would have been so annoyed. What a biatch.
Brittany recently posted..Card StoreMy Profile

34 Lauren September 20, 2013 at 9:11 am

I would have said, “You can always just ASK me if you’d like to sit down. It doesn’t hurt to ask”. And make it known she’s being a pain in the a– and totally in the wrong with throwing your stuff to the side. Ew.

In other news, I’m totally loving your milk frother. Uhm, I’m pretty sure I would just sit and keep making frothy goodness over and over again. Yeap, I definitely would do it.

Nut butter and oatmeal. I cannot get enough of drippy pb on oats! Have a great Friday, lovely!

35 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 20, 2013 at 11:05 am

Confession: I was -totally- sitting there and frothing my milk over and over. I just ate it with a spoon, and then frothed it up again when all the foam was gone. So.much.freaking.win.

36 Christine@ Apple of My Eye September 20, 2013 at 9:12 am

Lots of fabulous nuttiness going around in your life right now missy! Except for that one lady… that’s seriously my pet peeve when people try to talk and interrupt me when I’m clearly diligently working. Guess I’m just an anti-social person haha! ;)
Christine@ Apple of My Eye recently posted..Roasted KabochaMy Profile

37 Courtney @ Don't Blink. Just Run. September 20, 2013 at 9:13 am

That lady is so rude, wow! I wouldn’t have been quite so civil as you. The stank eye would have been front and center.

Those toasted coconut almonds look AMAZING!! I’ve only had that type of almond one other time from my one and only excursion into Whole Foods and I loved the flavor. I’ll have to see if I can find this flavor in any grocery stores near me.
Courtney @ Don’t Blink. Just Run. recently posted..My Weight Loss JourneyMy Profile

38 Khushboo September 20, 2013 at 9:25 am

This post makes me smile…a lot! I love my nuts, but preferably not in human form! That Starbucks lady would have driven me loco!! I had an awesome snack last night which you would loved- frozen banana bites topped with peanut butter (almond butter in your case) and dark chocolate shavings…really hit the spot! As for favorite nut butter pair, I’m going to have to go with banana…and/or chocolate- you can’t make me choose!!
Khushboo recently posted..Friday Favorites: 09/20My Profile

39 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 20, 2013 at 11:14 am

Oh.em.geeee. That snack -does- sound amazing. Nut butter, bananas, and chocolate is pretty much the holy grail of food combos… impossible to choose.

40 Elizabeth@myneonrunningshoes September 20, 2013 at 9:29 am

Holy cow! You should have shoved her stuff on the floor!
Elizabeth@myneonrunningshoes recently posted..The BEST morning and a silent night.My Profile

41 Davida @ The Healthy Maven September 20, 2013 at 9:30 am

Milk frothers are the best!!! I’ve watched so many videos on how to froth milk perfectly (I’m a weirdo) that I think I’ve finally mastered it!

Confession…I’ve only tried the vanilla Justin’s AB. I’ll be in Minn visiting the BF’s family in a few weeks and will be raiding whole foods for the maple version. Since you are basically an almond sommelier, I’m gonna trust your judgment on this ;)
Davida @ The Healthy Maven recently posted..Matcha Spinach & Pumpkin PancakesMy Profile

42 Kelsey @ Ramblings of Change September 20, 2013 at 10:43 am

My nutty encounter involved Justin’s vanilla almond butter on my breakfast toast this morning – so good! I loved your little nutty post! And the frother?! Its amazing. I’m going to try it on my tea lattes this weekend. I’m so sorry about your Starbucks experience – sometime it is just a matter of saying ‘some people’. I don’t think that people understand “coffee shops”.
My favorite nut butter combo would be putting it on my oatmeal and dipping my apples in it!
Kelsey @ Ramblings of Change recently posted..Getting the Knots Out.My Profile

43 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 20, 2013 at 2:46 pm

I’m going to have to try adding my milk to actual coffee or tea next time… I was literally just sitting there eating the foam up with a spoon ;)

44 Angela @ Health's Angel September 20, 2013 at 10:43 am

Ummm. What? That’s all I have to say about that lady at Starbucks. I seriously don’t understand people 99% of the time.
Those toasted coconut almonds are heaven. I seriously blow through a container of those in no time when I get them at Target.
Happy Friday!
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Self-Doubt in Your TwentiesMy Profile

45 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl September 20, 2013 at 10:51 am

I absolutely love your nutty encounters!….. except one, of course! How rude is that!

46 Sara @ fitcupcaker September 20, 2013 at 11:45 am

I need a frother, omg! You got some great stuff at HLS, wish I could have gone! Squash and sweet potato are both great with almond butter!
Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..No Bake Nuttzo Protein BallsMy Profile

47 Nicole @ FruitnFitness September 20, 2013 at 11:51 am

I love maple almond butter, I got my first jar of it in a foodie pen pals package and it might be my favorite flavor of nut butter. What a rude lady at Starbucks, I mean on one hand i think it takes courage to go sit with someone you dont know but on the other hand you should probably ask and not complain about them to them.
Nicole @ FruitnFitness recently posted..Pumpkin CornbreadMy Profile

48 Julie September 20, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Everything looks delicious. Justin’s is the only maple-flavored nut butter I like, but my favorite of theirs is the vanilla almond!
Julie recently posted..High Five Friday: Enough to cookMy Profile

49 Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves September 20, 2013 at 1:32 pm

I can’t believe that someone would just barge into your personal space like that! I’d totally give her the stank eye.
Also, I think I might have a milk frother somewhere in the house, and after looking at your pictures of fluffy milk, I want to use it!
Nut butter + everything….nearly. ;)
Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..Fascinating Friday Links #4My Profile

50 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 20, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Definitely pull it out! I’m seriously kicking myself for not getting one sooner!

51 Christina @ Pinch of Healthy September 20, 2013 at 1:33 pm

Ok seriously getting jealous over here with all of the Justin’s flavours! I had to laugh at your Starbucks’s experience, my blood would be boiling not because she sat down but because she didn’t ask…seriously? You handled it way better than me haha
Christina @ Pinch of Healthy recently posted..Sun-Dried Tomato Spaghetti SquashMy Profile

52 Lisa C. September 20, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Ok, so this squash thing. Do you peel it first? Then what?

And tell me more about your frother. I want one but know nothing about them!!

53 Ellie@Fit for the soul September 20, 2013 at 2:41 pm

Hi Lisa! Just to help you out–i got a frother at IKEA and it works really well! Not sure if you have an IKEA where you live though….Oh and World Market sells them too and both places are rather inexpensive. :D

heheheh Amanda, this is such a cute post! Good for you for not getting back at the lady and holding it in! ;) I giggled when you said that the lady sipped her coffee with too much VIGOUR. I sip it with too much vigour too, especially to make Selah laugh, lol. I don’t know what it is about Diamond’s almonds but they’re sooo fresh and extra crunchy!
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Squash Pie Cups with Maple Mascarpone Cream {gf}My Profile

54 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 20, 2013 at 2:55 pm

I do peel my squash, but that’s mostly only because my stomach doesn’t seem to like the peel all that much. I know a lot of people who eat the peel and are fine. As for the frother, it’s basically just a little handheld stick that has a spinning wire whisk at the end. You stick it in a cup of milk and it froths it right up.

55 Lisa C. September 20, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Am I the only one that thinks it is fine for someone to sit down at the chaur/ table? The rude part was shoving your stuff aside!

56 Liz @ The Girl on Fire Now September 20, 2013 at 2:15 pm

Um, rude! There are no (appropriate) words for that lady.
Liz @ The Girl on Fire Now recently posted..Finding Happiness in LifeMy Profile

57 Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine September 20, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Wow! That is really obnoxious! I would have told her to get up or said I was waiting for someone else.
And best combo—Crunchy Almond Butter and a big Apple!
Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine recently posted..Friday Finisher 9/20/13My Profile

58 Molly@This Life Is Sparkling September 20, 2013 at 3:20 pm

I’m loving all the almond butter. It’s the best :)

59 Maria September 20, 2013 at 3:53 pm

OHmmgeee I’m having some serious food envy over here! How rude of that lady at Starbucks though, no respect these days. And you had me at roasted kabocha….I die!
Maria recently posted..Recipe: Plain Whole Milk YogurtMy Profile

60 Floey September 20, 2013 at 5:41 pm

People can be so rude at Starbucks! Creepy too.
Haha…any plans for the wknd? :)
Floey recently posted..DoingMy Profile

61 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 20, 2013 at 5:56 pm

Heading to the farmers’ market and meeting up with a blogging friend tomorrow, and then dinner with the family on Sunday. Hopefully I’ll find the motivation to get some nagging errands tackled as well…

62 Emily September 20, 2013 at 6:05 pm

That lady? Oh my- how obnoxious! It sounds like you handled the situation very well though. I’m so awkward when things like that happen so I probably wouldn’t have said anything either.
I’m glad you finally tried Justin’s Maple Almond Butter. It’s unbelievable (like all of his products). It’s funny- I totally stopped eating almond butter for the past few months in lieu of peanut butter but cracked open a new jar last week and I almost died. Almond butter >>> peanut butter. The end.
Emily recently posted..a peek into my week 9/13-9/20My Profile

63 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 20, 2013 at 7:45 pm

I love you just a little more for saying that <3

64 Arman @ thebigmansworld September 20, 2013 at 6:08 pm

You should have whipped out your frother and thrown it in her face. I bought something similar ages ago from Ikea I think, and lost it between the car and home. Clever.

For someone with sticks predominantly to almonds as their preferred nut (restrictions or no restrictions) You certainly keep it varied! I will have to give that kabocha a go- I was on Lucie’s page earlier and she too, ate kabocha sweet with a chocolate sauce so now I’m keen!

Nut butter + spoon = happiness.
Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted..Off the cuff Fridays- Is it just me {foodie edition}My Profile

65 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 20, 2013 at 7:48 pm

Your new homework assignment is to go back to Ikea and get another frother. I hear it’s a good one, and it’ll change your life – promise. And you also HAVE to give sweet kabocha a try. It’s pretty much the only way I eat it these days.

66 Laura September 20, 2013 at 6:44 pm

You know how I like my peanut butter and soy pudding combo?

Well…7 puddings in 4 days. Sorry-I’m-not-sorry.

=)
Laura recently posted..Mini rant.My Profile

67 Heather Williams September 20, 2013 at 9:09 pm

I don’t buy nut butters because for one, I go broke because I can’t portion my servings, and two, because they get me in serious tummyache trouble!:) Yet, I go through about 5 quarts of almond milk a week ( can I get a huge hello to some Silk unsweetened vanilla- YUM!) and go through shredded coconut like it is going out of stock someday with my homemade chocolate coconut raw energy bites. I do totally adore the new Artisana superfood nut butters but my wallet does not!:) If you get a chance to try them though, the Gogi Milk Thistle Cashew tastes so much like peanut butter, it’s insane!:) Thanks for the delicious posts and I now realize that my life is incomplete without a milk frother:)
Heather Williams recently posted...:*Fab Finds Friday*:.My Profile

68 jodie September 20, 2013 at 11:58 pm

I had those almonds today too. So amazing.

Nut butter + banana

69 Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate September 21, 2013 at 3:18 am

I’m pretty sure I commented on most of these things on Instagram already (love the ab, milk frother, and kabocha, no surprise there) so I will comment on the coffee shop thing. I swear this ALWAYS happens to me. I swear I am a magnet for overbearing table-less folk who like to disregard personal space and politeness. End rant.
Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate recently posted..Five on FridayMy Profile

70 Tessa @ Amazing Asset September 21, 2013 at 7:00 am

Ahh yes, kobacha and almond butter is indeed a winning combination :) I am finally back to eating the stuff occasionally, as my orange hue has lessened in intensity! Phew. Watch out for excess beta-carotene Amanda, that stuff can catch up on you fast haha. But at least you’re eye sight will be stellar ;)
Justins maple almond was the FIRST AB I ever tried and instantly fell in love. I agree, it is less sweet than the vanilla, and just seems to go better with foods
That lady is a stinker indeed. I’m glad you stayed there and didn’t give in to her crabbiness and lack of etiquette when it comes to getting a (dumb) point across!
Tessa @ Amazing Asset recently posted..Thursday ThoughtsMy Profile

71 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 21, 2013 at 8:12 am

I’m definitely keeping my eyes open for the orange hue and trying to keep my portions reasonable. Gah! Why does this stuff have to be so darn good?!

72 Brittany @ Delights and Delectables September 21, 2013 at 7:01 am

I want some nut butter!!! :( I must find me some pumpkin seed butter soon or else I will die. ;)
That lady at Starbucks…seriously?!????
Brittany @ Delights and Delectables recently posted..Tea Time: Let’s Catch UpMy Profile

73 Katherine September 21, 2013 at 7:57 am

The other day I told my brother on the phone I had a date with my boyfriend Justin. He didn’t get the nut butter reference, and it was in that moment that I realized how pathetic my life is. I’m glad someone else out there unashamedly loves nut butters. I got a tweet from Chobani the other day, and I got quite giddy, so I totally understand your little happy dance!
Katherine recently posted..Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies!My Profile

74 Kat September 21, 2013 at 8:17 am

I had a similar experience at the movie theaters. I was with my hubby, and there was literally a ton of seats, but this family chose to sit RIGHT next to us. I had my bag in the seat next to me (since there were SO many open seats I figured this would be ok) and she sat down next to my bag, then proceeded to toss her bag, her coat and everything else ON TOP of my purse. My purse wasn’t small mind you. I then reached through her stuff, grabbed my purse and slammed it down in front of me, and she still didn’t even bother to say excuse me or sorry. Ninja was about ready to kill her lol
Kat recently posted..Chocolate Glazed DonutsMy Profile

75 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 21, 2013 at 7:00 pm

That would drive me nuts. Depending on how hungry/tired I was, I’d probably be very tempted to shove all her stuff on the floor…

76 Lisa @ Lisa the Vegetarian September 21, 2013 at 8:30 am

That was certainly a nut-filled day! And very cool that Maisie Jane’s tweeted you. The different variations of almonds you’ve been showing lately on the blog look delicious.
Lisa @ Lisa the Vegetarian recently posted..Thoughts on Joining a GymMy Profile

77 Chelsea @ Chelsea's Healthy Kitchen September 21, 2013 at 5:15 pm

Aren’t those coconut almonds the best? I bet they’d be amazing on banana oatmeal made with coconut milk topped with dried pineapple and coconut flakes. Holy crap, one sec, I need to go write that combo down so I can remember make it!

And speaking of nuts, that woman sort of sounds like one. Who sits down at someone’s table without even asking first?! I would have been majorly annoyed – when I go to coffee shops, I like being in my own little zone.

My nutty experience for today was Barney Butter on my pumpkin oatmeal this morning. So good!
Chelsea @ Chelsea’s Healthy Kitchen recently posted..HLS 2013: SundayMy Profile

78 Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli September 21, 2013 at 5:43 pm

Haha! You DID get to try them! I told you, right? BLISS! And omg, I’m so glad I didn’t waste my money on the vanilla Justin’s…I love the maple but I think it’s sweet enough! Though I guess it doesn’t really matter anyway…since the ol’ nut butter stash is winding down, I went out and bought a JUMBO container of peanuts AND collected up all my other mixed nuts…oh yeah, there’s gonna be some food processor action goin in in here REAL soon! I can’t wait to experiment with some flavors I’ve been thinking about! Maybe I’ll make my OWN vanilla almond butter! ;)

I swear, my milk frother is one of the best (and cheapest) investments I’ve ever made! Actually, you just reminded me that it’s been a while since I whipped it out! Hmmm…
I canNOT believe that lady at the coffee shop! That IS nuts!!
Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli recently posted..Falling for SummerMy Profile

79 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 21, 2013 at 7:01 pm

I’ve been playing around with the idea of making my own almond butter, but the sound of them grinding away in the food processor freaks me out! I feel like it’s just going to start smoking and blow up at any second :shock:

80 Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli September 30, 2013 at 5:28 am

Haha! I know what you mean! The trick? Add a little oil…OR soak them first! ;)
Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli recently posted..Currently: SeptemberMy Profile

81 Sarah @ The Bookshelf Pirate September 21, 2013 at 9:32 pm

I’m in love with my milk frother! (Ugh auto-correct is putting the dreaded Red Squiggly Line under the word “frother” but we all know it’s a word…) I even find that almond milk froths up better than the regular dairy milk my family uses, so I use it all the time. It’s great for hot drinks, but super-cold chocolate milk all frothed up with a colorful straw is also the tastiest midnight snack sometimes.

You are basically a saint for putting up with that table-intruder. I can not control myself when someone invades my personal space, and it has gotten me into trouble a few times. That’s just one of the rudest things I think a person can do, especially when you’re so obviously trying to concentrate! I hope you get to enjoy your next coffee in absolute peace.
Sarah @ The Bookshelf Pirate recently posted..A Quiet Talk Like A Pirate Day: Reading, Training, Dressing, Smelling, and Possibly Even Eating Like A PirateMy Profile

82 Rebecca@Running.Food.Baby. September 23, 2013 at 11:04 am

I seriously think there needs to be a blog about rude, weird people at Starbucks!
Rebecca@Running.Food.Baby. recently posted..Army Run 5K – 2013 RecapMy Profile

83 Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets September 23, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Man this blog post is just nuts! What’s really nuts is the woman at Starbuck’s. How very intrusive of her. I need to get my hands on some of those Blue Diamond nuts. They look like the ideal snack pack.
Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted..Week In Review: The Thirty-Sixth EditionMy Profile

84 Alisha @ Alisha's Appetite September 23, 2013 at 4:09 pm

Oh my goodness- that person sounds so incredibly rude! I would have DEFINITELY been handing out a couple of stick eyes. Who does that?! So rude! Anyway- I am now craving justin’s nut butter like a mofo right now!
Alisha @ Alisha’s Appetite recently posted..My Fall Bucket ListMy Profile