. currently … june .

by Amanda @ .running with spoons. on June 7, 2013

Why herro, there! (No, spellcheck, I did not mean hero)

So things have been sorta serious around these parts lately, and while I don’t mind all the deeper discussions (okay let’s be real here, I kind of love them), I’m also a pretty big fan of the lighter fare… especially on Fridays. And heyyyy, would you look at that! Today just happens to be a Friday ;)

That being said, let’s have a little fun. I’ve always enjoyed filling out these currently surveys, and the last one I did was back in April, so I figure it was high time I filled out another. You know… because I like to keep you all updated on my life… or something.

Current books: Right now I’m reading And Then The Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini, and it.is.good. I had really high expectations for this book, seeing as I loved The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns so much, and I’m happy to say that my expectations have definitely been met. Man has some serious writing talent. I may or may not be slightly envious.

Current music: I dare you not to get up and dance to this… In fact, I double dare you. Bonus points if you know all the lyrics and can sing along like I can.

Current guilty pleasure: Naps. My sleep schedule can get pretty wonky sometimes (hello, 4 AM mornings), so squeezing in a 15 or 20 minute power nap has been my saving grace… and it’s probably equally as pleasant for the people that have to deal with me on a regular basis as well.

Current nail color: OPI’s I Theodora You. I got this polish a few weeks back and I’ve been wearing it ever since. Not necessarily because I love it that much (although I do), but because I just haven’t felt like putting any thought into my nails, so I’m sticking with what I know works… for now.

I Theodora You

Current drink: For the sake of variety, I’m going to switch things up and not mention my favorite Hot Cinnamon Spice tea this time around, even though that’s how I start every.single.day. Seeing as it’s getting warmer outside and all, I’m going to go with kombucha instead. I love this stuff and what it does for my stomach; as long as we’re not talking about the skeevy green one…

Gingerberry Kombucha

Current food: This is going to sound ridiculous, but jam. Yes, jam. It started with ABJ sandwiches…

Almond Butter and Jam

… continued with a random spoonful that I decided to throw on my oats one morning…

ABJ Oats

… and escalated to me craving (and eating) it straight out of the jar…

Jam Collection

Blueberry is my favorite, but sometimes a girl just needs a little variety. It is, after all, the spice of life.

Current favorite show: Gossip Girl. I’m finally on the last season, and while I don’t want it to be over, I’m looking forward to seeing how it all plays out. After that I plan on moving on to Lost. Yes, I am behind…

Current wish list: A pony. I kid, I kid – I don’t want a pony (I mean, I do, but not realistically), but that’s pretty much my go-to response when I can’t think of anything else to say. When someone asks me what I want for my birthday? A pony. Christmas? A pony. Easter? A pony… You get the idea.

Current needs: A little more patience… preferably, like, now ;)

Current triumphs: Saying yes and taking a few leaps of faith in both my personal and professional life. Change is never an easy thing for me to deal with, and neither are those pesky what if thoughts... But what if it turns out to be great? I’ll never know unless I try, so that’s what I’m doing…

Say Yes

Current bane of my existence: Pollen. Miss (Mrs?) Nature? I love how everything is pretty and green and all, but can we please stop with the nasty yellow dust already? My allergies are kind of killing me over here.

Current celebrity crush: Jennifer Lawrence. Serious girl crushing going on…

Jennifer Lawrence

Current indulgence: Does spending a lot of time reading count? Because I may or may not be neglecting other duties (ahem-folding laundry-ahem) for the chance to spend more time on the couch with my books. If not, then I’m going to go with buying beauty products, because I think it’s clear that I have a problem habit love for them at this point.

Current blessing: Finally feeling like I’m waking up to life. It’s kind of nice.

Current slang: Ermahgerd; also known as: an annoying way of saying “Oh my God!”…

Ermahgerd2

Current outfit: I’m currently in a casual tee shirts and jeans phase. So here’s my tee…

Tee and Jeans

… and you’re just going to have to trust that I’m wearing some pants as well… or am I?

Current excitement: Mum’s the word ;)

Gorgeous Flowers
Fuzzy Bear

Current mood: Hopeful. Happy. Excited.

Current link: Marc and Angel Hack Life. A lovely reader named Vanessa (hi girl!!) recently reached out to me and included this link in her e-mail. It’s a really great place to find tips on how to live life in a more positive and proactive manner, and I kind of spent hours going through articles like 15 Ways to Live, and Not Merely Exist and 30 Things to Stop Doing to Yourself. I definitely recommend checking it out.

Are you a napper?
Current girl crush… Go!
What are you currently…
1) … reading?
2) … doing?
3) … eating/drinking?

1 Charlotte @ Commitness to Fitness June 7, 2013 at 6:10 am

Ok I have one big guess as to the mystery thing with the flowers and the teddy bear… I’m excited to find out if I’m right :) currently eating/drinking- blonde nonfat misto as per usual, and a donut, because its national donut day and it was hard to say no to a free donut. its good :) J.Lawrence is awesome. love her. happy friday girlie!!
Charlotte @ Commitness to Fitness recently posted..Foodstuff Friday- A Little BubblyMy Profile

2 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 7, 2013 at 7:11 am

After reading your post this morning, I checked to see if we have National Donut Day up here in Canada… aaaaand we don’t. Our main chain, Tim Horton’s, isn’t celebrating. Fail, Canada. Epic fail.

3 Lucie@FitSwissChick June 7, 2013 at 6:11 am

Ah, I love these Currently posts! And I want a pony too. Or even better a unicorn.
I always nap in the train back and forth my 2 cities. This can turn out to be an embarrassement if you know what I am talking about :-)
I am obessed with jam too, but I refuse to eat any other than my Mom’s homemade jam. Crack, I swear.
Doing – I packed my stuff and will be flying out in 4 hours!
Lucie@FitSwissChick recently posted..Friday Favorites – Off to New York City!!My Profile

4 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 7, 2013 at 7:12 am

Safe flight, love! <3

5 Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness June 7, 2013 at 6:25 am

Love the little updates on your life! I’m totally with you on the power naps! Change is always a good thing! So excited to see what you are taking leaps to do. Can’t wait!
Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness recently posted..Does Eating Out Give you Anxiety? Part 2My Profile

6 alice June 7, 2013 at 6:27 am

Eek, I love this post!

Okay so you got me hooked onto almond butter not I’m just gonna have to seek out blueberry jam to get it on my breakfast ;) The last season is AMAZING. I am so sad Gossip Girl is finished I wanted it to go on and on and on for ever. And the current excitement sounds VERY exciting…

x
alice recently posted..China!My Profile

7 Khushboo June 7, 2013 at 6:32 am

So I’ve always been more a fun of the nut butter & banana combo but now I’m suddenly craving a good ol’ PB & J…mmmm that sandwich right there looks like perfection, Amanda :)! I absolutely adore that Jennifer Lawrence quote- she is such an inspirational and role model…finally a celeb who likes to pack in the food!! Speaking of food, I am currently eating some cantaloupe with almonds. Apples are normally my go-to fruit buuuut the cantaloupe lately has been way too sweet to resist!
Khushboo recently posted..Turning 2-5My Profile

8 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 7, 2013 at 7:15 am

I love that girl… I’m just keeping my fingers crossed that she’ll stick to her guns and not succumb to the pressure like so many before her… And then try to blame weight loss on some “mysterious” surgery /endrant.

9 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl June 7, 2013 at 6:32 am

Blood orange jam?? That sounds amazing!! I am guess that I probably cannot find it here, though :(. I think that I need to go to Canada just to stock up on food products ;). I am still really wanting some of the ketchup Pop Chips!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Lentil and Vegetable EnchiladasMy Profile

10 Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes June 7, 2013 at 6:38 am

I’m currently nearing the end of the epic Shantaram. It’s such an amazing read and gives a real insight into the Indian crime scene in the 1980s.

11 Sarah @PickyRunner June 7, 2013 at 6:39 am

Hahhaha I had to laugh at the pants comment. That’s the beauty of a screen. Nobody has to know what’s going on from the waist down. Maybe I should just never leave my house. Sounds like a pretty nice life to me! I’m big on the reading right now too. I’ve gone through 7 books in a week and a half. I guess you could say it’s my latest obsession.
Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..Friday Favorites: Friends EditionMy Profile

12 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 7, 2013 at 7:17 am

7 books in a week and a half? Yowza… that would be like my dream. Were they all good ones? Any recommendations?

13 sara @ Fitcupcaker June 7, 2013 at 6:50 am

I love Jennifer Lawrence,. after the hunger games she was one of my fav’s!! I also love Katherin Heigl, but I havent seen her in much latelty! Ill remember to not read your blog when Im hungry too. thats why I stay away from pinterest most days!
sara @ Fitcupcaker recently posted..Lily Turns Five & A Healthy 3-Ingredient CookieMy Profile

14 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers June 7, 2013 at 6:58 am

Love that dog pic! Made my morning. Oh, and yea… you look good too. ;) teehee

I’m set to pick up Cutting for Stone (a novel) at the library today, but I’ll have to keep an eye out for that Hosseini book. I read and really really really enjoyed those two others you mentioned, so I bet I’d like this one.

Happy Friday!!!!!!!!!! (#excited)
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..Friday FiveMy Profile

15 Krista @ Tiny n Fit June 7, 2013 at 7:04 am

I actually did this survey yesterday!! My girl crush is also Jennifer Lawrence, but I have lots of love for Rachel McAdams. I nap sometimes, but usually on weekends only. Naps will mess up my sleep cycle during the work week! Also- I love the Blood Orange Cflavor of Crofters jam!! Bitter but so so good! And your ‘excitement’ anticipation is killing me! He he Happy Friday!
Krista @ Tiny n Fit recently posted..Friday Favorites- Granola and Yogurt Edition and BONUSES!My Profile

16 Olivia @ Liv Lives Life June 7, 2013 at 7:04 am

Pollen is for SURE the worst thing right now. I hate that I can’t enjoy summer’s beauty without sneezing my face off!
Jennifer Lawrence is my celeb girl crush, too. I just watched “Silver Linings Playbook” and loved it, but I love her in all her movies. I think as a person she just seems so real, too, which is so refreshing.
I’m definitely checking out that link…I need more articles like that in my life.
Have a happy weekend!
Olivia @ Liv Lives Life recently posted..Week in Review #4My Profile

17 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 7, 2013 at 7:27 am

She definitely seems really down to earth! I’m just hoping that she doesn’t succumb to the pressures like so many before her :(

Happy Friday, Olivia! Hope your allergies are kind to you this weekend.

18 Kelly @ Femme Fitale June 7, 2013 at 7:05 am

Ohhh, I just love Jennifer Lawrence. I really think she is the most natural, down to earth woman in Hollywood. Plus, she’s outrageously hilarious (i.e.: http://www.buzzfeed.com/kmallikarjuna/the-best-jennifer-lawrence-quotes-of-2012)

Your Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy reference made me sad. This will be the first Calgary Stampede I’ll be missing in years :*(
Kelly @ Femme Fitale recently posted..Pin It Party: Chocolate & PB Lovers UniteMy Profile

19 Beth @ Mangoes and Miles June 7, 2013 at 7:10 am

Ah I want to get into Lost so badly!…except once upon a time I watched the first episode and a half and got freaked out of my mind (I hate anything even remotely scary…Vampire Diaries was a huge accomplishment for me). So there’s that.

Fun fact about pants: a few months ago, my friend had a Skype interview with a company. Since they were only going to see the top half of him, he wore the typical button-up/tie/jacket, but he wore gym shorts instead of actual pants. During the interview, he accidentally stood up during a point in time and they saw the gym shorts…he still got the job, so I guess they didn’t look too terrible. :P
Beth @ Mangoes and Miles recently posted..Two Word ThursdayMy Profile

20 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 7, 2013 at 7:43 am

Wait… Lost is scary?! Gah! I’m the biggest wimp when it comes to that kind of thing! The last horror movie I watched was The Ring in 2002, and I pretty much swore them off for good after that. Hoping I’ll be able to handle it :lol:

21 Taryn June 7, 2013 at 7:22 am

100% with you on the J.Law girl crush. She’s awesome. I’m currently reading Witness by Sandra Brown, but I can’t wait to read And Then The Mountains Echoed.
Taryn recently posted..National Doughnut DayMy Profile

22 Alyssa @ Road to RD June 7, 2013 at 7:25 am

I love Jennifer Lawrence, especially after that quote you have up of her! Yay for normal eating actresses!
Alyssa @ Road to RD recently posted..Nutrition Facts Friday #3My Profile

23 Dione June 7, 2013 at 7:31 am

Currently on the couch drinking glitter and gold tea from David’s…my favorite.
Current girl crush (for a while) Ginnifer Goodwin…she is so freakin adorable and I would love to look as cute as her in a pixie cut.
Currently reading For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund. I’m glad you’re loving the Khaled Hosseni book…I preordered mine from Amazon cause I love him so much. And I didn’t want the kindle version even though I prefer my kindle now.
And I wish I could be a napper…would help a lot when I’m on nights!

24 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 7, 2013 at 8:04 am

I’ve never tried that tea, but it sounds amazing… especially the whole cinnamon and orange peel part ;) And you’re going to love Hosseni’s book. It’s just as moving and raw as his other two.

25 Cori @ olivetorun June 7, 2013 at 7:38 am

The only time I ever find myself napping is if I don’t feel well and I always wake up from a nap more grouchy… never a good thing so I try NOT to do it.
I can always use a little more patience!
Cori @ olivetorun recently posted..Love Oats, Getting Deep, and Planks Are No JokeMy Profile

26 Parita June 7, 2013 at 7:40 am

I think I’m going to download Khaled Hosseini’s new book on my Kindle so that I can read it while on vacation next week. I absolutely loved his other two books so I have no doubts that I’ll also enjoy this one. And I am loving Daphne Oz (Dr. Oz’s older daughter) right now. She just seems so cool and genuine. And I love her philosophy on life. :)
Parita recently posted..The One Thing You Can ControlMy Profile

27 Lisa June 7, 2013 at 7:49 am

Must text today :)

Jennifer Lawrence is totally my girl crush too…along with Kelly Ripa. I just love her and her awkwardness.

And I also love your face;)

Oh gosh, it’s funny you mentioned jam because I’ve been eating non stop AB and jam english muffins, but I also made a huge pot of rhubarb and strawberry jam and it’s the jam. I can’t stop eating it on everything. Oats especially. I didn’t even know it would be good on oats, but it totally is.

And since your book recommendations always are amazing, I need to check out your newest one.

Happy Friday love!

28 Tamara June 7, 2013 at 7:54 am

I adore Marc & Angel Hack Life. Just saying.

My girl crush is ALWAYS Kristen Bell. Speaking of which:

29 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 7, 2013 at 8:39 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh thank you for that. I’m literally dying here.

30 Tamara June 7, 2013 at 10:16 am

Yay, happy to share! I was so psyched that things converged like that for the video to be doubly relevant. ;) Have an awesome weekend!!
Tamara recently posted..Pancake DinnerMy Profile

31 Caitlin June 7, 2013 at 8:03 am

OMG, anytime someone asks me what I want for something (Christmas, bday, anniversary, etc) I say a pony! Clearly great minds think alike ;) I have yet to get one either, and I continue to pout about it each time I’m done opening gifts and one hasn’t appeared. Joe told me a few months ago that we can either get a pony or a puggy but not both. I think that’s just selfish, since clearly a pug riding a pony would be the best thing ever, right? He is so unimaginative sometimes :P And I completely agree with you about Jennifer Lawrence. I love her and think she’s pretty amazing :)
Caitlin recently posted..Fun Facts FridayMy Profile

32 Ashley @ Life and Fitness June 7, 2013 at 8:04 am

Jenifer Lawrence is just plain cool. I felt beyond bad for her when she fell at the Oscars! If anyone can pull it off though, she could. She seems like she could be your best friend, so real.
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..Desserts On My MindMy Profile

33 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health June 7, 2013 at 8:10 am

I am always in need of more patience. I love your nail polish and the casual look. Brandon always says I look sexiest in jeans in a t-shirt so it makes life easy! I’m currently reading The Fault In Our Stars and its great so far!
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..Pin It Party + Friday FunniesMy Profile

34 Christine @ Gotta Eat Green June 7, 2013 at 8:10 am

I’m OBSESSED with Crofter’s grape jelly. It is soo good. I made a french-toast-pb-jelly delight on the weekend… oozing with grape jelly!
Christine @ Gotta Eat Green recently posted..10K & Chocolate Chip Banana Coco-Oat Bread (vegan and GF)My Profile

35 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 7, 2013 at 8:49 am

Oooo! I haven’t had grape jelly in forever! I think I may just have to add another jar to my collection…

36 Megan @ runningonjava June 7, 2013 at 8:13 am

Ugh, you’re making me want to quit my other book and I’m usually not a book quitter! Lately, I’ve been adding almond butter and honey to my oatmeal. It’s heavenly and right up your alley! :)
Megan @ runningonjava recently posted..routine, here i comeMy Profile

37 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 7, 2013 at 8:56 am

AB and honey is pretty much tied with AB and jam in my books. I guess nut butter with any kind of concentrated sweetness is a big win.

38 Hollie June 7, 2013 at 8:16 am

I certainly feel you on the napping. I have found that waking up at 5 (only really an hour after you), napping saves me a lot of the time. I can’t nap for more than 15 minutes other wise it will turn into sleep then I won’t go to bed at night.

I know I’ve told you a few times but I do really like that nail color a lot.
Hollie recently posted..Effing Friday Running RageMy Profile

39 Liz @ I Heart Vegetables June 7, 2013 at 8:27 am

I think I have that exact nail polish! I’m loving pastels lately! I need to redo my nails… they almost look like a french manicure they’re so chipped!

40 Brittany June 7, 2013 at 8:37 am

You’re KILLING me with your “mum’s the word!” HAHA Why am I so intrigued by this!?! I feel like we are real friend in real life of course so I am like GIRLL SPILL IT!! BUTT I know in time you will! I hope, and if not..that’s cool too! HAHA! J.Law is my favorite celebrity EVERRR. She is adorable and hilarious. I think she and I would get into a lot of fun trouble together. HAHA.

I’m currently drinking black coffee..like literally currently. Out of a brand new mug that makes me soul swoon! I am reading, “Battlefield of The Mind.” Gotta love some Joyce Meyer whipping my butt into shape! And well I am currently reading blogs!! The best relaxation of the day! Have a great weekend gorgeous lady!
Brittany recently posted..Make This LeapMy Profile

41 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 7, 2013 at 8:58 am

Bonus points if you’re drinking out of a “coffee makes me poop” mug ;)

42 Miss Polkadot June 7, 2013 at 8:42 am

Please spill the beans, Amanda! The wait is just too much to bear for me :D. I mean, I do have some guesses but it’d be nice to know whether I’m right or not.
Actually, I’d intended a nap today when coming home after my way-too-early doctor’s appointment. Really, though, I’m not a napper because they make me feel even more tired and leave me a bit sluggish. My dad’s a power napper doing very well with a 15-minute-nap during his lunch break but I have yet to find them a way to recharge or catch up on lost sleep.
I’m not currently reading any book but want to buy “Gold” by Chris Cleave on the weekend. Little Bee was fantastic and after reading an extract of the new one on my Kindle I’m excited for that one, too.
Thanks for sharing those links to you and Vanessa! It’s really worth reading the articles and (!) turning the advice given into action.
I hope the pollen’s not going to bug you too much this weekend. Happy Friday!
Miss Polkadot recently posted..Polkadots & Ponderings #2My Profile

43 Katie @ KatieEnPursuit June 7, 2013 at 8:43 am

Jam is the Jam (how lame is that!?!) I love to add it to yogurt bowls, toast, cottage cheese, so tasty! And YES for naps! With my new earlybird mornings somedays I need a 20 min. “recharge” mid-afternoon! And I’m loving it! Currently I’m going to snag another cup of coffee & a cookie & head out the door to meet a girlfriends new baby :) Happy Friday lady!
Katie @ KatieEnPursuit recently posted..Five for Friday 6.6.13…Already?!?My Profile

44 Missy June 7, 2013 at 9:02 am

Naps?
What are these things of which you speak?

Do you mean horizontal life pauses?
If so, then yes.
All the time. (0:
Missy recently posted..Thank Goodness Yesterday Was ThursdayMy Profile

45 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 7, 2013 at 9:30 am

Horizontal life pauses… My mind does not necessarily go to the most PG-rated place when I hear it like that :lol:

46 Missy June 7, 2013 at 9:38 am

*giggle*

AMANDA! Scandalous!!
Missy recently posted..Thank Goodness Yesterday Was ThursdayMy Profile

47 Laura Agar Wilson (@lauraagarwilson) June 7, 2013 at 9:04 am

I’m currently in between books, just finished Caitlin Moran’s Moranthology which was wonderful and about to start a book called Be awesome! Currently drinking juice, lots and lots of juice ;-) and girl crush at the moment is a tough one, Karen O from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs :-)

48 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat June 7, 2013 at 9:07 am

Oh, I want a pony too! I’ve always wanted one of those miniature horses…they’re just so darn cute!

I really need to get that nail color!

I love napping (when I can)! It really helps reenergize me.

Right now I’m currently reading The Bet by Rachel Van Dyken. I’m only 2 chapters in, but so far so good.

I’m feeling like breakfast for dinner tonight. Specifcally, scrambled egges and satueed spinach in a brown rice wrap with a piece of chicken sausage. Ok…now I’m making myself hungry!

I just have to say…I really want to know about those flowers and teddy bear! :-)
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Power Foods FridayMy Profile

49 Becky @ Olives n Wine June 7, 2013 at 9:14 am

LOVE LOVE LOVE that quote from J Lawrence! She’s amazing and a great role model. As for napping. Yes, definitely and I actually need one right now :) I can’t wait to read all about your teddy bear and your flowers <3
Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted..What would YOU be doing?My Profile

50 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 7, 2013 at 10:31 am

You and me both! We’re having some cloudy, low-pressure weather around here, which is totally making it hard to stay awake. I mean, you know it’s bad when the cup of coffee you drink just makes you even more sleepy…

51 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles June 7, 2013 at 9:18 am

Ahhh more flowers! You will be receiving an inquiring text later today ;-)
Yes on jam..I must admit, I will gladly take spoonfuls right out of the jar. Such good stuff….I love my blueberry, but I’m doing strawberry right now for the sake of variety.
Agree with you on the Jennifer Lawrence thing. She’s just one of those celebrities that you really just want to be best friends with, she’s so real…and hilarious.
I never take naps. I should, but I don’t…I guess by the time I get home from work there’s so much to do that I don’t get around to it.
Currently reading: this post…and the Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. I figured I’d find out why my mom loved the book so much.
Eating: nothing…but I’m starting to get hungry, so I’m happy that it’s lunch in 45 minutes.
drinking: water…but I’m thinking that a cocktail of some sort is needed tonight. Woot Friday!

And Eric and I quote ‘ermahgerd’ back and forth to each other pretty much all day…it’s a pretty fabulous saying :-p
Happy Friday love! <3
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Five Things Friday 06/07/13.My Profile

52 Maria @ Pappa Don't Preach June 7, 2013 at 9:22 am

The gingerberry kombucha is my fav! I bought Synergy which I used to love and just can’t tolerate it anymore. Definitely going to have to pick up my new fav on my next grocery trip.
For me… I’m currently reading “Add More Ing to Your Life” by Gabrielle Bernstein. I’ve read her other books but wanted to get back to basics. I do need it..
I’m currently at work (shhhh) but I would love to be napping right now! It’s raining and its the ideal napping weather. boohoo. I do get to leave early (summer hours) so maybe I’ll sneak one in later. :)
Happy Friday! :)
Maria @ Pappa Don’t Preach recently posted..WIAW: BBQ EatsMy Profile

53 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 7, 2013 at 10:44 am

I went through the same thing with the Trilogy ‘bucha! It used to be my favorite, but now I just can’t get into it. I’m not sure if you guys have the grape flavor down there in the States, but that’s the one I’ve been loving the most lately. And today is a pretty dreary day here too… you know it’s bad when the cup of coffee you just drank down makes you even more sleepy…

54 Lauren June 7, 2013 at 9:36 am

Currently reading… magazines. Whomp, whomp. I bought a book but haven’t started it yet!
Currently drinking unsweetened ice tea with lemon!
Currently reading your blog, duh ;-)

I WISH I was a napper but I could never get myself to do it even when I was younger. It stinks!
I love Jennifer Lawrence and Kelly Ripa. Also, Emma Stone! Too funny!

Flowers AND teddy bears?! Jealoussssy!
Lauren recently posted..Note To Self…My Profile

55 morgan June 7, 2013 at 10:13 am

current (ok lifelong!) girl crush is Sandra Bullock. i know she is a lot older than me but she is so darn funny & classy! miss congeniality, the proposal, all about steve. yep she is fabulous.
new foodie obsession this week- Kevita drinks! lemon cayenne clense & coconut are bomb, i go to the store just for them :) also new beauty find: Essie in this awesome dark purple glitter color that lasts forver but i can’t remember the name sitting here at my desk……looking at my toes & it is not coming to me. ah well toes look great! jam! i must make some this weekend now. berries & chia & french vanilla stevia drops = summer goodness! thanks for the jam reminder

56 Eating 4 Balance June 7, 2013 at 10:15 am

I am so impatient. I am impatient with myself. Impatient with others (although I tend to be more patient with others…). Something I need to work on. I also hate being left in suspense, although I know the saying is “good things come to those who wait.” Baha. ;)

Currently reading The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen.
Currently reading blogs during my lunch break at work.
Currently eating…/just ate… a thermos full of soup. Like usual.
Eating 4 Balance recently posted..Friday is so PinterestingMy Profile

57 Cait's Plate June 7, 2013 at 10:26 am

Are you a napper? – Most definitely! They got me through college!
Current girl crush… Go! – I’m going to go with Jennifer Lawrence too…I think she’s just awesome.
What are you currently…
1) … reading? – Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling (just finished “Start Something that Matters” which was AMAZING!)
2) … doing? – Putting up the last of my “Nutrition Series” on the blog!
3) … eating/drinking? – Coffee!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..nutrition {for lunch}My Profile

58 Kay June 7, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Synergy kombucha .. have you tried the green!? I don’t think it’s bad!! But the original is definitely the best. I’m at a point where plain and original flavors are my faves? It makes me feel old.. Also loving jellies and jams! My favorite is strawberry with big pieces of real strawberries :)
Kay recently posted..Join me as I RUN for WATERMy Profile

59 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 7, 2013 at 12:43 pm

I’ve tried the multi-green one, yup, and it’s sadly the only flavor I’ve come across that I don’t like :( I’ve never tried the original one, though, so I might just have to give that one a shot.

60 Meghan @ fitnesscrEATures June 7, 2013 at 12:17 pm

You are just too adorable!! I love the currently list. :) The only way I can take naps is if they’re 20 ish minutes, too. Otherwise, I’m a hot mess when I wake up and don’t even think about me doing anything productive. Huge Jennifer Lawrence fan also. She’s amazing. Have a great weekend! So glad I found your blog! :)
Meghan @ fitnesscrEATures recently posted..Sweet ReliefMy Profile

61 Sunnie@ModernGirlNutrition June 7, 2013 at 1:50 pm

Hahaha the pond scum Kombucha! I actually like drinking that one just because of the stares I get when I walk around with it ;) Love all you favorites- and a big fan of Jennifer Lawrence too!
Sunnie@ModernGirlNutrition recently posted..Sweet 16 and a Coconut Flour Cake with Lemon “Frosting”My Profile

62 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile June 7, 2013 at 2:01 pm

Oh man, I cannot wait till you see the end of gossip girl!!! I miss that show. I loveee Jennifer Lawrence, she’s awesome. Happy Friday!
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..How I Roll – WIAWMy Profile

63 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 7, 2013 at 3:37 pm

Eeee well now I’m just going to have to start watching non-stop until I finish! Either that or just skip straight to the last episode :lol:

64 Clara June 7, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Ok my friend can I just say … “a pony” is my go to answer as well. :D Aaaaaand I’ve been a bit too obsessed with the Ehrmagerd memes that have been going around. I find them way too funny for some reason! :D

65 Meghan @ After the Ivy League June 7, 2013 at 3:49 pm

I’m actually always interested to see what articles like that say “30 things to stop doing to yourself”. Just might be the perfect thing to distract myself with on a Friday afternoon…

66 nicole June 7, 2013 at 4:06 pm

love that OPI color! jennifer lawrence has such a health attitude on life, she’s a great girl-crush to have. reading memoirs of a geisha, so good! chewing some gum, relieving some jaw tension :) i need to find some good jam, all i seem to find is the welch’s grape kind :(
nicole recently posted..recent nomsMy Profile

67 Sophia June 7, 2013 at 4:18 pm

It’s lovely to see your face :) (it’s a particulalry lovely face- reminiscent of your girl crush I might add!) I’ve been up in te mountains at my Nonnas farm- but I hope whatever transition you are makingat the moment goes smoothly and brings you joy :) I am currently reading Faust by Goethe. Currently finished eating pasta with lemon, mushrooms, thyme, cream and Parmesan (made by my lovely man Lucas- Australian is serious enough for a name now ;)) current girl crush would be Audrey Tautou (just watched Amelie) and Naomi Watts (please please see “The Impossisble!!”) Currently both exquisitely happy and filled with sorrow (I’ve just had some terrible news) I feel very raw at the moment! Go watch “the impossible” lol. Lots of hugs and love Sophia

68 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 7, 2013 at 9:23 pm

Gah! Your comment left me so torn! I want to be happy for you that things are going so well with your Australian, but the terrible news is throwing me off. I hope everything is okay! <3

69 Sophia June 7, 2013 at 10:31 pm

Things are going beautifully- he is a blessing! I just found out my Papa has pancreatic cancer- that’s why my parents took my family to Nonnas to have time and space to tell us and be together. But I am trying to bring as much joy as possible to the life I have left with my Papa, I hope it is longer than expected- Lucas has been so supportive I can hardly believe it, he lost his father to skin cancer 6 months ago- I think we really are falling in love :) Can’t wait to hear the new things burgeoning in your life

70 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 8, 2013 at 7:40 am

Oh hun, I’m so sorry. I’ll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers <3

71 Sarah June 7, 2013 at 5:37 pm

Definitely started singing to that one… I tried to resist but what fun is that?! Oh lovely Kombucha, works wonders for tummy troubles all while tasting good :) It’s great to read that you feel your waking up to life – such a positive awareness and yes a blessing. Also a huge fan of Jennifer Lawrence, and I’ve been obsessed (total understatement) with Kevita’s new Lime minto mojita probiotic drink.

72 Lindsey June 7, 2013 at 5:51 pm

I just finished the last season of GG on Netflix, I don’t think it was the last season though, hopefully they will update my que with more recent episodes soon!

Girl crush will always and forever be Jennifer Garner; she starred in Alias, my all-time favorite TV series! She is so kickass!
And since I know your a fellow lover of GOT and Patrick Rothfuss, you should definitely read:

Shades of Grey by Jasper FForde
The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch

But seriously, these are dare-I-say on par with The Name of the Wind? (If that is even possible… :) )
I am currently making my way through the giant tomb that is 1Q84 and entertaining myself with a lighter read, Behind the Scenes at the Museum by Kate Atkinson.

73 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 7, 2013 at 9:26 pm

Thanks so much for those recommendations, Lindsey! I’ll definitely be checking them out when I finish my current book.

74 Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate June 7, 2013 at 8:47 pm

I figured I would just go ahead and answer all these in my own currently post, but I do have to profess my equal admiration for jam. Especially Crofter’s. Just like nut butter, straight from the jar by the spoonful is the best way to go.
Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate recently posted..Five Facts on FridayMy Profile

75 Ashley @ AlmostVegGirlie June 7, 2013 at 11:10 pm

Crofter’s is the best store bought jam. I don’t think I’ve seen that blood orange flavor, but you can’t go wrong with classic berry flavors!

Jennifer Lawrence is my girl crush too, she has such a good attitude about fame and appearance and she’s an incredible actress as well.
Ashley @ AlmostVegGirlie recently posted..Currently: JuneMy Profile

76 Jessie June 8, 2013 at 4:18 am

Why do we not talk while your up at 4 in the morning?!! I’m up, I say we should have a skype date??!! :)

77 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 8, 2013 at 7:41 am

I wouldn’t say no to that! But I’m not always up at 4 :?

78 Chelsea @ Chelsea's Healthy Kitchen June 8, 2013 at 6:06 am

This post is so happy! It sounds like there are some good things going on in your life right now. :D

Haha that “Save a Horse” song brings back good memories… it was always on our playlist when my roommates and I were predrinking before going to the bar a few years ago!

And ohh my gosh, if you think you got sucked into Gossip Girl, just wait until LOST. That show nearly gave me heart attacks on a daily basis. It’s so flipping good though.

My girl crush is Blake Lively… I want her hair. And clothes!

Currently I’m…
Reading: Game of Thrones, and I’m seriously obsessed!
Doing: Eating breakfast
Eating: A yogurt/cereal/fruit/almond butter mess + coffee
Chelsea @ Chelsea’s Healthy Kitchen recently posted..Pin It PartyMy Profile

79 Laura June 8, 2013 at 6:13 am

You’re KILLING me with this surprise, although I have SOME idea as to what it may be. Please come clean and tell ussss….I hate secrets =)
Laura recently posted..The boy who reminded me who I am, and what I am worth.My Profile

80 Sonja June 8, 2013 at 7:03 am

Are you a napper? Definitely! Power naps to the rescue
Current girl crush… Go! Zooey Deschanel – always
What are you currently…
1) … reading? An Unquiet Mind bu Kay Redfield Jamison – love it, have actually met her at a conference once
2) … doing? typing out this comment
3) … eating/drinking? a big green juice

81 Ari @ The Pace of it All June 8, 2013 at 8:46 am

I stink at napping. For reals. When I wake up, I’m all confused and groggy and no fun lol.

Ok I’m dying to try kombucha. What flavor/type would you recommend a newbie try?

I just finished And the Mountains Echoed. Good book.. sad, and confusing at times (a few times I was like, who is this character now??) but definitely good. Amazing author.
Ari @ The Pace of it All recently posted..Five on Friday: trip booked, summer school and some me time.My Profile

82 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 8, 2013 at 12:19 pm

My favorite is Divine Grape, but I’m not sure you guys have that down there in the States, so I’d say try picking up Mystic Mango, Guava Goddess, or Strawberry Serenity.

83 Kat June 8, 2013 at 9:13 am

I know that song!!! ME ME ME!! Then again, I am a full blown redneck, so its to be expected I guess!! Big and Rich have some great music. Look up “Lost in this moment” by them. So sweet. It was my friends wedding song. :)
And again with the teasing?! Come on girl!! Let us iiiinnnnn!!!! :):):)
Kat recently posted..Friday Truths: What I Do When I’m Home AloneMy Profile

84 Courtney June 8, 2013 at 11:38 am

Great post! And what pretty nail polish :)
Courtney recently posted..SINSS #2!My Profile

85 Kate June 8, 2013 at 2:34 pm

okay that green kombucha….I just bought some yesterday and actually tried it just now…um GROSS!! I think I’ll stick with the synergy ones too, thank you very much! The jeans-and-tee (well shorts-and-tee right now) is also my look of choice, rarely do I have the motivation to throw together anything more creative! Although my dad has just informed me that I can’t wear my workout clothes to go out to dinner so….hmm lol. And now you totally have me craving jam – of course when we don’t have any in our house gahh! we do have a big tub of blueberries though so maybe I’ll just have to make it myself…

86 Emily June 8, 2013 at 6:02 pm

I’m loving that OPI color! It’s classy but still fun for the spring and summertime. At Starbucks we’re not allowed to wear nail polish and I’m having serious withdrawals. It’s a problem…
Girl, just WAIT until you finish Gossip Girl. Assuming you don’t already know who she is, you’re going to absolutely flip when you get the last episode. It’s actually quite brilliant. Gah- I’m just obsessed with that show!
Emily recently posted..loving from the inside outMy Profile

87 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 8, 2013 at 6:29 pm

I’m seriously tempted to just skip to the last episode :lol: There’s only so much time I can spend watching a day, and the wait is driving me crazy!

88 Erin @ Sugar Magnolia June 8, 2013 at 6:03 pm

Love that nail color! And I have still yet to try Kombucha. Honestly I’m still a little confused as to what it is or how it is going to taste! And I love jam, especially homemade!!
Erin @ Sugar Magnolia recently posted..Five Things Friday: Never Trust a Woman Who Wears Her Pants Too TightMy Profile

89 Sara @ Nourish and Flourish June 8, 2013 at 8:13 pm

Girl, I will jump up on a bar and belt out Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy in a heartbeat…as long as YOU join me! Oh man, that song brings back memories of a few crazy FUN nights on the town. I hadn’t heard it for awhile, though, so thanks for the walk down memory lane. :D If, for some reason, you’re not too keen on saving a horse, I’ll gladly help you save a pony, because I’ve actually wanted one my entire life. Okay, not really, but I’m pretty sure I asked for a pony every Christmas from the age of four until ten. Then I rode one and decided I didn’t love the experience so much (sore bum for weeks!).

It’s funny you mention jam, because I’m eating some in a goat cheese omelet as I type. I can’t believe it took me so long to try this combination; I’m totally addicted. Typically I make my own by “melting” berries, but tonight I felt like some real sugar, so I used my favorite Bon Mamman raspberry preserves. Gah, so good!

I hope you’re enjoying your weekend, and that it’s been filled with plenty more happy/excited squirmy feelings! ;) xoxo <3
Sara @ Nourish and Flourish recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday: Wordless*My Profile

90 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 9, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Oh you better believe that I’ll be right up there with you! I’ll even bust out the cowboy boots ;)

91 Bowrag June 9, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Nice t-shirt! hehe

92 Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli June 10, 2013 at 3:05 am

Haha! I’m right there with ya on the pony…ALWAYS at the top of my list! Actually, the little stuffed one that my mom gave me as a joke for Christmas has a permanent perch on top of my television (hey, it should be good for something since I rarely ever watch anything on it, right?) ;)

With my zombie status, I will take a nap anytime I can get it…ugh, I SO wish I wasn’t at work right now because with 2.5 more hours left on the clock and the patient load winding down, Heather is getting sleeeeeeeeeeeeeepy! Must.stay.alive….um, AWAKE! Yeah, that’s what I meant!

I just saw Silver Linings this weekend and I’m right there with you on the Jennifer Lawrence girl crush…she just looks so…REAL! It’s honestly, so refreshing to see someone like her make it in Hollywood. I read in a magazine the other day that Jessica Alba wore a corset for something like two months after she gave birth so that she could get her pre-baby figure back! W…T…F?!?!
Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli recently posted..Friday RandomnessMy Profile

93 Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets June 11, 2013 at 8:18 am

I’m not a country music girl, but I do know and actually like that song. I might actually be sorta swaying along. Also, the suspense is killing me. Not literally or anything, but I can’t wait to hear about the flowers and what has got you excited, hopeful and nervous all at the same time. Fingers crossed for you.
Oh and I adore Jennifer Lawrence. Someone with a healthy body image is refreshing.
Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted..Week In Review: The Twenty First EditionMy Profile