Hi friends! Hope you’re having a great weekend so far!
I just wanted to pop in quickly today to share a recipe with you guys… so, can I interest you in a slice of banana bread?
A slice of soft, light, flavorful banana bread? A slice of banana bread that requires only 7 simple ingredients – none of which are sugar or oil?
I know what you’re thinking… healthy banana bread?!? Believe me, I’d be skeptical too. After going through a prolonged period of my life where I was too afraid to bake with sugar or oil, I tend to give the stank eye to anything that doesn’t include those things in the ingredients list – and if it wasn’t for the fact that I had to make some modifications for someone else (my mom… it’s a long story), I’d probably just be directing you to my recipe for chocolate chip banana bread and be well on my way.
Truth be told, I was actually hesitant to post this recipe because I didn’t want to give people the wrong idea… No matter how secure I feel in my recovery, I can’t seem to shake the feeling that I’m constantly being watched for signs of potentially falling back into old habits. Blah. But that is a topic for another day (maybe tomorrow), and this recipe is just too tasty not to share, so how about I just stop babbling for now and give you the recipe…
. – . – . – .
. simple low-fat banana bread .
Ingredients (makes one 9×5 loaf)
- 1½ cups all purpose flour (can also use 1 cup AP and ½ cup whole wheat)
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 2 large, ripe bananas (~ 1 cup mashed)
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF, and lightly grease a 9 x 5 bread pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until well combined and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the mashed banana, Greek yogurt, maple syrup, and eggs. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir gently. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan, spreading it out evenly, and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
. – . – . – .
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, friends! Any exciting plans for the day?