. what’s in my makeup bag .

by Amanda @ .running with spoons. on February 11, 2013

Happy Monday, friends! I hope you’ve all had a fabulous weekend!

Things were a little rough on my end. Mom started feeling under the weather on Saturday night, so I spent the majority of Sunday fussing over her and praying to God that I didn’t (don’t) catch whatever it is that she has. Keep your fingers crossed for me, friends. But that’s enough talk of doom and gloom; it is MIMM after all, and today I wanted to talk about something that I find quite marvelous indeed.

MIMM

Although I wouldn’t necessarily consider myself a very girly girl, I have to admit that I absolutely adore makeup. In fact, beauty products probably rival food in terms of what I end up spending most of my money on, and I get way more excited browsing the aisles of Sephora than I do a grocery store. Just being honest.

I know that a lot of people tend to see makeup as frivolous, or interpret it as a sign of insecurity, but it’s never really been like that for me. While I can’t deny that covering up a big honkin’ zit definitely bumps my confidence level up a few notches, my love for makeup stems from the simple fact that it’s fun. I love trying out new products and playing around with different looks – to me, it’s just another way to be creative. That and when I spend a little bit of extra time on my appearance, it makes me feel like I’m showing others that I believe that I’m worth putting the time and effort into. When I feel crappy about myself on the inside, I don’t care about looking crappy on the outside. But when I feel good? Hell, I want to look good too! But anyways…

Over the years, I’ve kind of developed an embarrassingly large collection of makeup, but most of it remains stashed away outside of the occasions where I decide I want to play around with it. Why? Because as much as I enjoy makeup, I don’t actually wear that much on a day-to-day basis; and the products I do wear tend to be staples for me. I’ve had a few readers ask me about makeup, so today I’m going to show you guys what products are in my makeup bag… and in pretty much the order I apply them in. I don’t go into a lot of detail with any of the individual products, so if you want any reviews or application tips, just let me know!

Foundation: Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream / Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua

BB Cream
Chanel Foundation

I use the BB cream on most days because it’s lighter and I don’t really like the feeling of having a lot of gunk on my face. I turn to Chanel for special occasions or nights out when I want a more flawless finish.

Concealers: Maybelline Dream Lumi highlighting concealer (great for under the eyes)

Dream Lumi

Eyeshadow: Urban Decay’s NAKED2 palette

Naked2 Palette

Naked2 Left
Naked2 Right

Eyeliner: Revlon ColorStay liquid liner / Revlon ColorStay pencil liner

Eyeliners

Mascara: Maybelline Colossal Volum’

Mascara

Lips: Lush Honey Trap balm / Revlon lip butter

Honey Trap
Lip Butter

And that’s that. I know it looks like quite a bit, but it only takes me about 15 or 20 minutes to apply start to finish, and if I’m really pressed for time I’ll just use powder, blush, mascara, and a lip color before running out the door. Speaking of which, it’s time I do just that. Have a great Monday!

Do you share my affinity for makeup? If not, what’s your favorite way to pamper yourself?
Any beauty products you swear by that I need to try?

1 Elizabeth@myneonrunningshoes February 11, 2013 at 8:05 am

I have been searching for some good eyeshadow… where do you get yours? Do you like it? My favorite way to pamper myself is to get a massage or take a nice bath and light scented candles! Have a great Monday, Amanda!
Elizabeth@myneonrunningshoes recently posted..Questions and AnswersMy Profile

2 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 11, 2013 at 9:32 am

I buy mine in Sephora, and I love it! It’s a great palette because it has all of the neutral colors that you need on a daily basis, and the consistency of the shadow is really good. Another brand that I really love is MAC, and if you’re looking for something you can find in the drugstore, NYX makes some really lovely shadows as well.

3 Elizabeth@myneonrunningshoes February 11, 2013 at 11:50 am

Elizabeth@myneonrunningshoes recently posted..Questions and AnswersMy Profile

4 Lucie February 11, 2013 at 8:05 am

I looove Make Up!! I do give my skin a break from it at least one day per week, but am definitely obsessed. I am very much convinced by eyeshadows from Mac and of course the Toche Eclat from YSL. But anyway – if I step into a beauty product store I am trapped. And my money gone :-) except bath foams ( I am not a fan of hot bath at all) I want to buy everything :-)

5 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 11, 2013 at 9:34 am

I love MAC eyeshadows as well, and I’m the same way with hot baths… I tried to get myself to like them because they’re supposed to be relaxing and what not, but I find it hard to sit still and relax – it’s like I’m just waiting to get out!

6 Rachel @ Undercover Diva: A Sitcom February 11, 2013 at 8:07 am

I don’t wear makeup…hardly even for special occasions. I’ll usually get a pedicure or a manicure to pamper myself. I use cocoa butter lotion to keep my skin soft, especially during the summer. I LOVE the smell of it and I love how smooth it keeps my legs/feet/arms/body.
Rachel @ Undercover Diva: A Sitcom recently posted..Three Mile Test Run and the TV show "Parenthood"My Profile

7 Ashley @ Life and Fitness February 11, 2013 at 8:13 am

Thanks for sharing your favorite products. Loved reading it! One product I’ve been loving lately is the Revlon 16 hour eye shadow quad in decadent. The colors are very light to create an everyday smokey eye and they don’t smudge/ wear off.
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..Boot Camp WorkoutMy Profile

8 Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness February 11, 2013 at 8:27 am

I am such a make up girl! I love it! You really can never have enough. That maybelline mascara is all I use! It’s the best I’ve found even compared to all the high end brands! Nothing beats it.
Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness recently posted..Marvelous in my Monday!My Profile

9 Katie @ KatieEnPursuit February 11, 2013 at 8:47 am

I LOVE make-up, although I would consider myself FAR from an expert! I love playing around with different colors & there’s something special about having a fun make-up collection! I’m a huge fan of anything NARS. I have a bada$$ Sephora brand eyeliner I love also. Thanks for giving us a peak into your make-up toolbox. Happy Monday!
Katie @ KatieEnPursuit recently posted..Just Put Some Dip on It…My Profile

10 Khushboo February 11, 2013 at 8:48 am

Ohh I love this post- am always open to expanding my makeup collection and I especially like the look of the Revlon liquid liner! Although I don’t wear makeup on a daily basis, I do love getting ready and putting some on! Looking good makes me feel GOOD about myself and I don’t care if that makes me sound shallow. More than make-up, though, I have a thing for hair. Although paying for regular blow-dries may not be the most economical pampering, it’s absolutely worth it for me. It’s funny how much of an impact a good (or bad) hair day can have on my mood ha!

11 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 11, 2013 at 9:37 am

Oh girl, I’m definitely with you on the hair! No matter how good I’m feeling about myself, a bad hair day can totally wreck my mood. And there’s nothing quite like going into the salon and walking out with those voluminous silky locks!

12 Lisa February 11, 2013 at 8:55 am

We have LOTS of the same makeup!!
I’m a make-up lover. I’ve actually considered going to makeup school since I’ve always been the one to do my friends/families make-up and it’s something I love.
I swear each time I go to the mall, I swear I won’t go into Mac or Sephora but I can never help myself and always leave with a new eyeshadow or lipstick, I can’t get enough of it.
That highlighting powder is THE best! I love how it is so versatile and makes a great natural eyeshadow as well! And the naked palette, oh man, I’d be lost without that thing!
Lisa recently posted..Comment on Lovely Delights by Giselle@myhealthyhappyhomeMy Profile

13 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 11, 2013 at 9:39 am

Hehe! I’ve considered becoming a makeup artist as well. I used to do some craaaaaazy looks (especially with my eyes) when I was younger, but it doesn’t seem so fitting anymore now that I’m older and working. I do miss it, though. And yes… MAC and Sephora do NOT do my walley any favors.

14 Alex @ therunwithin February 11, 2013 at 8:55 am

you would be ashamed of me. I don’t even own a makeup bag because I don’t use makeup, I just have never bit the bullet and tried makeup on myself. Maybe one day I will become a real girl… haha
Alex @ therunwithin recently posted..What I don’t SayMy Profile

15 Sarah @PickyRunner February 11, 2013 at 9:01 am

I’m actually one of those crazy people that doesn’t wear makeup. At all. I’ll wear it maybe a couple of times a year for big outings but that’s the extent of my makeup wearing. I don’t own it- I borrow my friends’ things if I need to put it on. I think it’s because my mom doesn’t own a single makeup product either so I wasn’t taught to wear it beginning from a young age. Maybe if I get some big fancy job one day I’ll wear it. Kidding, that would take effort haha
Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..“Don’t drink all of my coconut water!”My Profile

16 Hollie February 11, 2013 at 9:06 am

I absolutely love make up as well. I have seen quite a few posts about people saying they don’t need makeup but I absolutely just love makeup in general. Like I said a few posts ago, I’m a bit of MAC lover myself. We all have splurges right?
Hollie recently posted..Red Velvet PancakesMy Profile

17 Kate @ Quarter Century Southern Living February 11, 2013 at 9:07 am

Thanks for sharing these! I am always looking for good lip products, particularly during the winter months! I will have to check these out. I wear makeup during the weeks, but when I am at home or running errands, I usually don’t put any on, or I do something minimal, mascara and lip balm :)
Kate @ Quarter Century Southern Living recently posted..Simple SaturdayMy Profile

18 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 11, 2013 at 9:55 am

The Lush lip balm is fantastic for preventing dry lips in the winter! And the lip butters are great because they’re super moisturizing while giving a pretty decent amount of color payoff. Can’t say enough good things about both!

19 Shelby February 11, 2013 at 9:35 am

I love makeup! It makes me feel more “put together” and I absolutely agree- it can make me feel better when I’m not feeling so good. I actually wanted to be a make-up artist when I was younger and would always do my friends make-up in middle/high school. I actually did my sister’s make-up for her wedding day! Needless to say, I have a lot of make up and have lot’s of fun playing around with it. I’m a fan :)
Shelby recently posted..Why Worry?My Profile

20 Rachel February 11, 2013 at 10:03 am

I just got the Naked palate for my Sister for her birthday! She loves it :D I don’t wear a lot of make up actually…usually it’s just eye liner and mascara, but I do LOVE Nars Laguna bronzer on those days I don’t want to look super super pale ;)
Rachel recently posted..MIMM #28: Hello NemoMy Profile

21 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 11, 2013 at 12:34 pm

That’s my favorite bronzer :) I’ve kind of packed it away in favor of blush, but my Casper-like complexion could probably use a little bit of Laguna lovin’…

22 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles February 11, 2013 at 10:26 am

Umm…can you come to Ontario and do my makeup? :-p
I like it, but I feel like my actual knowledge and willingness to play around with it is pretty limited. I do use the Revlon colourstay eyeliners, those are fabulous.

I’ve been wanting to try a BB cream, I’ll have to look into that! And that Urban Decay eyeshadow, it looks so pretty. :-D

I think I need to make a trip to Sephora, I haven’t been in a long time…because my credit card never manages to stay in my wallet.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Gone Brunette.My Profile

23 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 11, 2013 at 12:36 pm

I can definitely come to Ontario under the guise of doing your makeup ;) Mostly I would just use it as an excuse to come visit your fabulous self! BB creams are pretty wonderful, especially in the summer because they have that built in SPF, so you don’t have to worry. I’d give the one from Maybelline a shot, and if you want something a -tad- heavier, you can try the new one from Revlon. Both are kinda super :D

24 Liz (formerly VeggieGirl) February 11, 2013 at 10:27 am

I hope your mom is 100% better and that you don’t get sick at all. Hang in there!

I swear by Chanel and MAC makeup products.

25 kris February 11, 2013 at 10:30 am

i too looove make up :) My favorite products are probably bobbi brown’s eyeliner cream, urban decays naked palette, diors addict lip glow. Actually now that I think about it, my absolute favorite is diors lip glow. Because even on a day when things are kinda dreary and I may have gone makeup-less, I still love to pull out the dior addict lip glow because it gives my lips that extra…glow? Its doubles as a lip balm and lip color, but the coolest thing about it is the color is not the same for everyone. It’s supposed to bring out your natural lip color so its the lip color that always looks good. Subtle but with a shine.
kris recently posted..back with my favorites.My Profile

26 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 11, 2013 at 12:38 pm

OOooo! I’ve actually never heard of that Dior lip glow, but the way you describe it has me really wanting to try it out! On the days where I’m in a super rush, putting on a coat of mascara and something on my lips is pretty much a must, so I’m always on the lookout for good lip products :)

27 Cassie @RedLetterDaye February 11, 2013 at 11:42 am

I just spent 75$ at the MAC counter. Totally worth it. I figure, I use it daily- and see nothing wrong with it, and it’s my hard earned money- so why not! I recently upgraded to Sephora and MAC products after years of drugstore finds (and I do still use certain things), but I feel I spoiled myself. Oh, well! My bf teases me about wearing makeup to the gym, but I just wear it everywhere- and it takes me an average of 5 minutes daily to do it. Luckily I have decent skin, but if it makes you feel better about yourself, and you aren’t hurting anyone, I support it.
Cassie @RedLetterDaye recently posted..MIMM: Moe., Puppy Bowls, and Trader Joe’sMy Profile

28 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 11, 2013 at 12:42 pm

I justify my MAC purchases with the fact that they last FOREVER. I have shadows and powders that I bought years ago, and even things that I use on a daily basis tend to last me a pretty decent amount of time.

29 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl February 11, 2013 at 11:42 am

Those eye shadow shades are gorgeous!! I rarely wear eye shadow, except for on special occasions, but I am loving the colors. I like how they have some shimmer to them, but aren’t overly flashy or gawdy. Very pretty :).
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Vietnamese Banh Mi-Inspired SandwichMy Profile

30 Katie February 11, 2013 at 12:26 pm

Sending get wells to your mom <3 sorry to hear she is sick too, I know you told me that in a comment <3

Thx for the congrats too girl! <3
Katie recently posted..Rockstar or Diva?!My Profile

31 Caitlin February 11, 2013 at 1:48 pm

ok now i really want to play with make up with you…or really let you give me a makeover haha,…i’m so inexperienced with makeup…never really wore much (outside of skating competitions) until college and even now I just wear tinted moisturizer on a daily basis with some mascara and eye liner for special occasions. My favorite way to pamper myself is with a massage or pedicure…heaven :)
Caitlin recently posted..Progress Is MarvelousMy Profile

32 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 13, 2013 at 8:55 am

I definitely wouldn’t mind giving you a makeover :D Learning how to apply makeup can be kind of intimidating at first, but it’s tonnes of fun once you get the hang of it :) Then again, there’s nothing wrong with going without either…

33 Sara @ fitcupcaker February 11, 2013 at 2:01 pm

I usually like to get mani/pedi’s or a massage to pamper myself…a good massage is truly needed every once in a while! I dont wear a whole lot of makeup though.
Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..C= Crossfit, Carrot Cake & Corn CasseroleMy Profile

34 Shira February 11, 2013 at 3:04 pm

Love make-up.. too much! I agree that it’s a creative outlet, and to me it’s not at all a display of insecurity, but rather of self confidence, as you are putting the effort into yourself and your image because you value yourself.
I just started using a Vichy BB cream.. it’s pretty amazing, if you like BB creams and you’re willing to shell out a bit more for it, I’d highly suggest it!
I have used that Benefit blush/powder before too, I love the Dandelion shade.. and I use Revlon lip butter in Berry Smoothie. I have a neutrals palette from Benefit, but I’m dying to try the Urban Decay, I’ve heard only raves about it. Oh and I use the Nars Multiple in Orgasm, its like a very subtle shimmer stick on my cheeks.. just a little more glow than the powder. Also I have some fun coloured Exaggerate eye liners from Rimmel, they are such a low price for really great colours and lasting power! I love Emerald Shimmer. Ok, I’ll stop now ;)

35 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 13, 2013 at 8:59 am

“to me it’s not at all a display of insecurity, but rather of self confidence, as you are putting the effort into yourself and your image because you value yourself.” < – That’s exactly how I see it too :)

36 Picky Nicky February 11, 2013 at 3:08 pm

I just bought the Honey Trap lipbalm because you recommended it once before on your blog and I love it :) My boyfriend said it tastes like rice crispys hhaha sorry if too much info but I thought it was a cute comment on his part :P
Picky Nicky recently posted..You Don’t Eat Enough SaltMy Profile

37 De @ Cooking for the Other Half February 11, 2013 at 3:57 pm

I love these “what’s in my bag” posts!!! Yours was so much fun to read.

I definitely love makeup. My favorite products are the Bare Minerals line of face powders. I swear by those products and haven’t used anything else on my face since I was 16!
De @ Cooking for the Other Half recently posted..cranberry walnut yogurt muffinsMy Profile

38 Brittany @ Delights and Delectables February 11, 2013 at 4:23 pm

I love seeing what is in everyone’s makeup bag! I don’t wear much makeup. You are making me want to go shopping!
Brittany @ Delights and Delectables recently posted..MIMM #37 War Wounds and Downton AbbeyMy Profile

39 Angela February 11, 2013 at 5:39 pm

OMG I would love, love to know your go-to makeup routine! Like with picture tutorials and things like that!

40 Andrea February 11, 2013 at 7:47 pm

I second this! I would love to see some tips on how to apply eye-shadow and eye-liner!

41 Chelsie S February 11, 2013 at 5:45 pm

Like I’ve said before, I fulllllly endorse the mascara.
However, I’ve been meaning to ask FOREVER this just reminded me … do you have a good hand cream that you like? My hands are getting DESTROYED by the 100+ times that I use hand sanitizer during a day … The ones I’ve tried just make them burn more and it would be nice to find a good one …

42 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 13, 2013 at 9:01 am

If you have a Lush near you, then I can’t say enough good things about their Dream Cream. If not, then I really love Aveeno Active Naturals daily moisturizing lotion :)

43 Molly@This Life Is Sparkling February 11, 2013 at 5:54 pm

I spend approx. 5 minutes on my make-up. I’ve been wearing the same things for as long as I can remember so I can pretty much put it on with my eyes closed ;) My hair on the other hand… that’s where I usually spend more time ;)
Molly@This Life Is Sparkling recently posted..Marvelous {In List Form}My Profile

44 kaity @ kaityscooking February 11, 2013 at 5:59 pm

i love maybelline BB cream! I suck at doing makeup I have finally been starting to get the hang of putting fake eyelashes on, slowly but surely. I can get a pedi everyday to pamper myself. Or get my hair done.. actually just washed! I love getting my hair washed by someone else <3
kaity @ kaityscooking recently posted..Healthified SnickersMy Profile

45 Aimee February 11, 2013 at 6:17 pm

Favorite post EVER! I loooove makeup but often get so intimidated by all of the brands and styles. My favorite place to go is Sephora – I could spend hours there and my entire savings as well!! Some of my favorites are Urban Decay eyeshadow – I’m dying to get the new palette. I also love Nars black pencil eyeliner – it actually stays on all day without smudge!! My favorite bronzed is by Clinique and I also use their foundation as well. I tend to have sensitive skin and Clinique is extremely hypo-allergenic.
You should definitely be a makeup artist – I would hire you in an instant. How about a future post on an eyeshadow and eyeliner tutorial??

46 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 13, 2013 at 9:02 am

I’d love to do a makeup tutorial post, but first I have to figure out how to film/photograph it properly

47 Brittany February 11, 2013 at 6:59 pm

Ahhh I am such a makeup virgin it’s pathetic. I wear a splash of mascara very rarely, and just recently started putting some color on my baby/faint eyebrows. Other than that..I go without. Not because I don’t feel worth it, but I just don’t care for makeup all that much!! I don’t know how to get fancy with all this fun stuff you have, so I just keep it simple!! Fun post, and if I ever need help applying a fun face I know who to call!

48 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin February 11, 2013 at 7:39 pm

I never really learned how to put on make up, so I never really wear it. Just some mascara and lip chap are all I usually wear.

My favourite beauty product is Neutrogena face moisturizer – it has the perfect light texture and never makes my face feel greasy!
Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin recently posted..Markets and meetingsMy Profile

49 Courtney @ Star Systemz February 11, 2013 at 7:39 pm

I am obsessed with Sonia Kusak radiant tinted sheer moisturizer and benefit hoola bronzer. In have tried many tinted moisturizers as they are perfect for the gym and easy to apply. The Sonia Kusak is better than Laura Mercier I think! Also can not live without Mac studio fix, its such a life saver on days my skin is not up to par. I love makeup and wear it everyday! I am trying to find more natural products although very difficult! Love + Shine Courtstar
Courtney @ Star Systemz recently posted..Queen QuinoaMy Profile

50 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 13, 2013 at 9:04 am

I’ve been dabbling in trying to find some more natural products as well but having a hard time finding any that I like as much. Let me know if you come across anything good!

51 Cait February 11, 2013 at 8:15 pm

I NEED that eyeshadow pallet! I barely wear makeup but I love slightly shimmery neutral eyeshadow for when I do. My Bobbi Brown one is smashed to pieces so I think I will try that brand next!

52 Kate February 11, 2013 at 8:37 pm

This post makes me get excited about makeup!! I’m all about Sephora > > > > grocery store, ESPECIALLY because I’m a total perfume freak…I could hang out in there sniffing perfumes for hours (and I have, lol). I too don’t wear much makeup, but I have a few things that work really well for me and actually now that I live in a completely different climate I’m finding that I need to look for completely new products. The BB cream, I’m in LOVE with it so thank you for recommending it to me!! It’s perfect for Colorado winters b/c it moisturizes as well as covers up, and it’s so light that it doesn’t cake and flake in the dry air. I am currently looking for new set powder and concealer, because the skin under my eyes has been getting really dull and red lately (maybe it’s the winter air, I dunno cuz I’m getting more sleep than ever in my life!). I’m also a total sucker for tinted lip balms, my lips get so dry out here so usually straight-up lipstick is just uncomfortable for me. LOVED this look inside your makeup bag, clearly you’re gorgeous so it’s a no-brainer to get product ideas from you :-)

53 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 13, 2013 at 9:07 am

Awwr well gush. Thanks girlie :) For the dullness under your eyes, I can’t say enough good things about that Maybelline Dream Lumi concealer… it covers and highlights, so it’s perfect. And have you ever tried putting some coconut oil under your eyes? That’s my favorite ‘eye cream’, and I apply some every night before I go to bed. As for the powder, I’m really loving the new Nearly Naked line from Revlon… the powder is really, really fine so it sets your makeup without feeling cakey.

54 Jessie February 11, 2013 at 9:05 pm

Man, I feel like such a tomboy because of this post. I hardly ever wear make up. Maybe once every couple weeks… which is weird, because I used to never be able to leave my house without any on. Not sure what changed?/ hmmmm….
Jessie recently posted..Truthful TuesdayMy Profile

55 Ashley @ AlmostVegGirlie February 11, 2013 at 10:41 pm

I love playing around with makeup, and I wish I could have more money to spend on beauty products–I’m always lusting over the makeup at Sephora! I really need to find a foundation that stays put and doesn’t make my skin break out, so I might give your suggestions a try.

I love Maybelline’s lengthening mascaras, especially Illegal Length, because they actually do make a difference, and I’m really liking this Burt’s Bees moisturizing lip gloss I got for Christmas. It actually moisturizes my constantly-dry lips and adds some shine.
Ashley @ AlmostVegGirlie recently posted..College Vegan on a Budget: Lots O’ NewnessMy Profile

56 Katy February 12, 2013 at 12:58 am

I feel exactly the same about makeup! LOVE this post :D
Katy recently posted..I am Grateful for My BodyMy Profile

57 Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate February 12, 2013 at 1:24 am

I used to be much more into makeup, but lately I have found myself being lazy and just going with a light powder, mascara, and rosebuds salve. I do though, like you, find serious worth in a good, non-clumping mascara and think that will always be my makeup staple.

58 Ellie@Fit for the Soul February 12, 2013 at 1:30 am

Eeeeek I wish I knew and loved make up more! But I have to admit, ever since getting pregnant I’ve been a little more….girly in the sense that I have more fun looking at make up, and I’ve been trying out blush on my cheeks and a good refreshing rice mask every now and then. However, if you ask me to apply it on you then that’s a different story! hehehe. I think it’s cool when women see make up as a way to be creative, because in a way it can be exciting to see what one might create on a ‘clean canvas’. :)
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Zesty Leek Potato Soup+An ApologyMy Profile

59 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 13, 2013 at 9:09 am

You’re feeling more girly because you’re getting ready for the arrival of your own little girl! Future pampering at-home mother-daughter spa nights? I definitely think so :D

60 Parita February 12, 2013 at 6:14 am

I love makeup for the same reason you do – it’s fun! My favorite recent purchases are two Revlon Lip Stains – magical I tell you!
Parita recently posted..Seasons 52My Profile

61 Alisha @ Alisha's Appetite February 12, 2013 at 9:58 am

That naked palette is so pretty! Love this!
Alisha @ Alisha’s Appetite recently posted..Greek Chicken and Light Feta SauceMy Profile

62 Amanda February 12, 2013 at 12:37 pm

I usually don’t splurge much on makeup but I’d been reading about those BB balms and decided to try one out – Too Faced. I am absolutely hooked! It’s my new favorite thing. I also have very sensitive skin, so it’s great for that too. Regular foundations tend to either dry my skin out or make me breakout, but I feel like this stuff is actually good for my skin!

Love seeing a peek into what other people use – now I’m dying to have that awesome eyeshadow palette!
Amanda recently posted..what I ate WednesdayMy Profile

63 Lisa @ Lisa the Vegetarian February 12, 2013 at 4:21 pm

I love makeup too, but I’m in such a makeup rut! I feel like I’ve been doing the exact same routine for years and years on end. I’m always a little afraid to try something new, especially brighter colors because my skin is as pale as they come. But when I do take the plunge, it always gives me a new boost of confidence during the day!
Lisa @ Lisa the Vegetarian recently posted..Yesterday’s WorkoutMy Profile

64 Sara @ Nourish and Flourish February 12, 2013 at 11:36 pm

Don’t be surprised if I attempt to hire you as my beauty consultant, Amanda. ;) Your mascara recommendation may have changed my opinion of drug store cosmetics–or at least mascara. Since purchasing that yellow tube, I’ve spread the word, and a number of my friends have followed suit. Now on to those foundations and concealers…I use Bare Minerals (and love it), but prefer a more matte look for formal occasions, so maybe I’ll pick up Maybelline BB Cream next time I’m at CVS.

I own Coralista, and love it. I’m also a huge fan of Bobbi Brown blushes, and I adore the Naked palette! Yep, it’s safe to say I love makeup…I could spend my entire checking account in Sephora, which is why I *try* to only step foot in there if I really need something.
Sara @ Nourish and Flourish recently posted..Healthifiers and Finger PointersMy Profile

65 Jessica February 13, 2013 at 4:32 am

Yes! I love make-up too and I love seeing into other people’s collections! I’ve not yet tried a BB cream, I struggle to find a pale enough match but I’m still a-searching!

I LOVE Nars blushes, they’re so pretty! I find them so so hard to resist too since they are pretty economical given how long the last!

I have such sensitive lips and often end up wasting money on products which are supposed to be soothing but end up just drying my lips. I stick to Burts Bees and the Korres Lips Butters religiously since they don’t cause me problems but I may have a look at the Lush ones. They’re aren’t really ingredients you can go wrong with in Lush products! :-)

I would love to see your nail polish collection! Of all products, I think nail polish is my biggest soft spot and you wear such pretty colours!

66 Healthnut Nutrition February 13, 2013 at 8:08 am

I’ve really been wanting to try out that revlon nearly naked line:) I LOVE honey trap by lush it has saved my lips! Thanks for the great post!
Healthnut Nutrition recently posted..The Best Oatmeal Ever!My Profile

67 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 13, 2013 at 9:11 am

The Nearly Naked line is pretty amazing for drugstore foundations. I’ve tried the liquid and powder and love them both!