. a foodie’s nightmare .

by Amanda @ .running with spoons. on January 18, 2013

Good news! The wonky stomach that’s been pestering me for the last little while and forcing me to eat breakfast all day has finally decided to let up, which means that I’m back to being able to enjoy meals like this…

Sesame Stir Fry

Sesame ginger tofu stir fry. Not really a recipe, just a bunch of random ingredients thrown together.

Unfortunately, the bug that was causing the wonky stomach decided to transfer residence into my nose instead, meaning that I wasn’t exactly been able to taste aforementioned delicious meal. Or this one, for that matter…

Cocoa Yogurt Mess

Plain Greek yogurt with a banana, strawberries, and cocoa.

Nose congestion: a foodie’s worst nightmare. Not that I really consider myself a foodie, but I do appreciate being able to taste the difference between cookies and carrots. According to Urban Dictionary, a foodie is a person who:

spends a keen amount of attention and energy on knowing the ingredients of food, the proper preparation of food, and finds great enjoyment in top-notch ingredients and exemplary preparation.

Me? I just like to eat. Don’t get me wrong – I enjoy a good meal and prefer that it be made with quality ingredients, but I’m usually not all that interested in putting a lot of time and effort into the preparation of my food…

Breaking for Lunch

Amy's Pizza
Amy's Pizza

Heavenly Brunch

… or even in trying out a variety of different foods…

Appetizing Cereal

Sunday Morning Cereal
Perfect Combo Cereal Bown

Cereal for Dinner

And I certainly don’t turn my nose up at less-than-fine dining…

McD's Fries

I’d just like to be able to taste it. Still, there are plenty of other things to be happy about until my nose clears up. It’s Friday, I managed to get a decent amount of sleep last night, it’s not -100º, and I walked away from yesterday’s doctor appointment with a clean bill of health… aaaaaand a routine blood work requisition, but we’re not going to think about that for now ;)

Happy Friday, friends!

Would you consider yourself a foodie?
Do you lose your appetite when you can’t taste your food?

1 Caitlin January 18, 2013 at 8:36 am

I never lose my appetite haha but eating is much less enjoyable when I’m sick, so I hear you on that…and i would consider myself a foodie in terms that you described…like to try new things and appreciate something that’s been well prepared but I won’t turn up my nose at stuff that isn’t either
Caitlin recently posted..Fun Facts Friday (Fitness and Sports Edition)My Profile

2 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 18, 2013 at 2:07 pm

It’s a rare thing for me to lose my appetite too. Actually, I think I just end up hungrier when I can’t taste my food because it all feels less satisfying :?

3 Caitlin January 18, 2013 at 2:11 pm

Now that you mention it, I think the same thing happens to me…and I’m grumpy about it to boot!

4 Khushboo January 18, 2013 at 8:36 am

Ick not being able to taste food is the worst part about getting sick! I definitely feel for you, my friend!
While I do love food, good food at that, I don’t think I’m a “foodie” in the traditional sense. My meals ate hardly gourmet and nothing gives me more satisfaction than a toast with PB & J! Although on the flip side, I still eat whether I can taste or not- sign of a foodie, eh? ;)
Khushboo recently posted..Weekend countdownMy Profile

5 Lucie January 18, 2013 at 8:37 am

Good for you that your stomach is back to normal! I was just imagining a bug crawling from your stomach up to your nose. LOL. It’s horrible not to taste, I know how that feels. Food is just not as fun like that. Yay for a clean bill of Health – that’s the MAIN thing! Happy Weekend!
Lucie recently posted..Clean and Lean UpdateMy Profile

6 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 18, 2013 at 2:09 pm

Ack! I’d rather not imagine bugs crawling around inside me :P Happy weekend, Lucie.

7 kris January 18, 2013 at 8:41 am

Yay for a better stomach (!), but two thumbs down to the stuffed nose and vacationing tastebuds. Thats the worst when you can’t taste anything!! But of course, being me, I would probably still have an appetite and eat..
I think I’d definitely consider myself a foodie, but not an extreme one? I prefer to let the professionals put in the effort to prepare me a meal with quality ingredients and exemplary preparation. At home, it’s whatever I can put together in under 5 minutes.
Btw, I’ve taken your comment to account and will be going out in search for some of that sugar cookie sleigh ride tea :)
kris recently posted..koko head, the beach, & pastaMy Profile

8 Sarah @pickyrunner January 18, 2013 at 8:54 am

I’m glad you’re feeling a bit better.
And you totally just ruined my day. You mean to tell me that McDonald’s fries are considered less-than-fine dining? Heartbroken ;)
Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted..How Much is too Much?My Profile

9 Picky Nicky January 18, 2013 at 9:12 am

your food always looks so good! i mean like, you make a salad look appetizing! how??? :)
Picky Nicky recently posted..Wasting Less FoodMy Profile

10 Alex January 18, 2013 at 9:13 am

The same thing happened to me this past Christmas when I had a cold and couldn’t taste food up until the day before Christmas Eve. I was seriously so mad at myself + my nose for deciding to get stuffed up and sick RIGHT THEN! But, luckily, Christmas Day I was able to taste my mother’s cinnamon rolls. :)

So glad your stomach is feeling better but BOO TO YOUR NOSE! And your meals look beautiful, as always, by the way :)
Alex recently posted..WTF….and CRUNCHY COOKIE BUTTER!My Profile

11 Elizabeth@myneonrunningshoes January 18, 2013 at 9:27 am

I consider myself a foodie! I love trying new things! And yes nasal congestion is terrible… I hope you feel better ASAP!
Elizabeth@myneonrunningshoes recently posted..We did the unthinkable.My Profile

12 Lisa January 18, 2013 at 9:45 am

Oh man! That’s definitely the worst part about being sick. I actually think I’m catching something myself. I woke up with the worst headache and sore throat, darn! I totally thought I’d skip the whole flu thing. I’m just chugging water hoping it will pass. I’m glad your stomach is feeling back to normal!
Lisa recently posted..Comment on Confessions by Alex @ therunwithinMy Profile

13 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 18, 2013 at 2:13 pm

I thought I managed to avoid it as well, but apparently not :? Still, I’m thankful that I didn’t get hit with it as hard as some people… most of it was annoying little symptoms rather than full-blown sickness. Hope you feel better, Lisa!

14 Alex @ therunwithin January 18, 2013 at 9:46 am

everything looks so freaking good, per usual. do I even doubt you? sadly I have the wonky stomach now, last night was miz. Hope your nose clears!
Alex @ therunwithin recently posted..Roll with it.My Profile

15 Hollie January 18, 2013 at 9:46 am

Pretty sure your food photography makes Micky Ds look healthy LOL. Perhaps I should get into that so I may always eat and look like I’m eating healthy things. I’m glad you are slowly getting better-I know what sort of challenge that must be. UGH.
Hollie recently posted..Why I’m a Terrible Blogger.My Profile

16 whiness January 18, 2013 at 9:50 am

Would you consider yourself a foodie?
Do you lose your appetite when you can’t taste your food?
Your food looks always delicious even if it’s something simple :)

Well, I’ actually am a foodie ;) I like trying new things – especially if we’re talking about breakfast dishes, pancakes, pasta and healthy cakes.
But when I’m sick I never have apetite… When I’m sick food could just don’t exist for me.
whiness recently posted..187. Friday / hej, Dziadku.My Profile

17 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 18, 2013 at 2:18 pm

You do have some of the most delicious looking meals, Whiness. Looking for a roomie? :D

18 whiness January 19, 2013 at 1:20 am

Making breakfast for two? Hahah, always! Feel free to come ;)
whiness recently posted..188. Saturday / omlet z "nadzieniem"My Profile

19 Olivia @ Life As Liv January 18, 2013 at 10:05 am

I one time had a really bad cold and couldn’t taste my food. That had never happened to me before and I remember having a semi-panic attack to my mom. There was crying and hysteria involved…embarrassing. I’m the same as you foodie wise. I loooooveee a good meal, but if it’s easy and still tastes great, I love it just as much.
Olivia @ Life As Liv recently posted..WIAW: Banana Edition + A Big ‘Ole BummerMy Profile

20 Sara @ fitcupcaker January 18, 2013 at 10:39 am

Of course you post a pic of mcd’s fries, im so hungry!
Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Oatmeal Breakfast Parfait + Burpee Pull UpsMy Profile

21 Brittany January 18, 2013 at 10:40 am

Your food pictures are always my favorite. The food can be as basic as a PB&J (basic on looks NOT on taste) and it looks like magazine quality!! Heck yes I am a foodie, I don’t loose my appetite when I can’t smell, and I GET SO MAD when I can’t taste. OMG it makes me so mad. So basically I eat just to live. Who does that? hah.

22 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 18, 2013 at 2:22 pm

Just eating to live is definitely no fun – I need a good mix of the two. And ugh, don’t even get me started on how annoyed I am with my nose. I keep eating and praying for the slightest taste of something, but so far? Nada.

23 Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes January 18, 2013 at 10:41 am

Great to hear that you are feeling better. I love the idea of adding cocoa powder to Greek yog, yum!
Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes recently posted..Popchips GIVEAWAY!My Profile

24 Rachel January 18, 2013 at 10:42 am

I always lose my appetite when I can’t smell lol nothing tastes the same either. And I agree with Brittany ^^ your food pictures are amazing lol I would say I’m a foodie in a sense, but I really don’t take much time to put food together lol most of the time my lunches are just a bunch of “snacks” because I’m way too lazy to actually prepare a “meal” the night before :p
Rachel recently posted..Mimi’s Spot and Date Night!My Profile

25 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 18, 2013 at 2:34 pm

I usually end up snacking the afternoon away as well – it’s the best way to get in everything that you’re craving. Oh, and I was in the craft store yesterday buying Mod Podge and thought of you :D

26 Rachel January 21, 2013 at 9:07 am

ahhh yayyy!!! Let me know how it goes :D
Rachel recently posted..MIMM#25: The Second DateMy Profile

27 Miss Polkadot January 18, 2013 at 10:50 am

Sheesh, I hope it wasn’t me jinxing you when I asked whether you still had your appetite on Wednesday – sorry if I did! I really hope you’ll be able to taste all of your delicious creations again soon! Dear bug, please leave Amanda’s nose, thank you very much!

Seeing as I experienced one of those tasteless days just this week: I certainly still was ravenous and actually, I think it was even because (!) I couldn’t taste anything. That made me so mad and uncontent I just wanted to keep eating to find satisfaction at least. Well, that or having to study ….

Hm, I guess I could be considered a foodie because I’m thinking about food a lot – not something I’m considering positive all of the time – and I enjoy trying new foods. Not always positive as I said because I think it’s derived from my ED. At times, I wish I would care less about food preparation and be able to just “throw stuff together” like my family and friends. But overall, I like being a foodie :).
Miss Polkadot recently posted..In need of …My Profile

28 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 18, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Oh not to worry, girlie, you didn’t jinx me by asking about the appetite – it’s definitely still there, and probably even bigger because, yup, I just keep looking (and hoping) for some satisfaction.

29 Meghan @ After the Ivy League January 18, 2013 at 10:59 am

I had the same problem when I was sick a couple weeks ago…I couldn’t decide what I was craving because nothing tasted good to me. Well, except peanut butter. That always tastes good.
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Cute Shoes, Core Workouts, and CakeMy Profile

30 Ksenija @ Health Ninja January 18, 2013 at 11:19 am

It’s a shame that you could not taste the beautiful stir fry! Looks like something I would have really enjoyed.
Hope you get better soon!

And on the foodie definition – to me it is just wrong! Someone who blogs about food and favorite eats on a regular base and enjoys to follow other food related blogs is definitely a foodie in my definition of the term.

31 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl January 18, 2013 at 11:36 am

I am definitely a foodie. I love to cook, eat, and try new things. I also love trying out new restaurants. I think this qualifies me as being a “foodie.”

That stir-fry looks amazing. I absolutely love sesame tofu, especially baked. I am sure it would be a great addition to a veggie stir-fry with rice.

Feel better ASAP! :)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Veggie Stuffed MushroomsMy Profile

32 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 18, 2013 at 4:06 pm

I think I’d love trying out new restaurants a lot more if it weren’t for my pesky allergies. Having to deal with those just makes things stressful :?

33 Jessica January 18, 2013 at 11:38 am

I’ve only recently experienced the loss of taste with a cold symptom and never used to get it at all. It is weird and not nice. I am well trained in eating when I should even if I don’t fancy it so I tend to get on with it but it’s quite off putting not being able to taste, for sure!

I think most people are foodies in their own way! I can take or leave savoury food some days but give me a pudding/sweet and I’ll try a whole cookbook!

34 Ellie@Fit for the Soul January 18, 2013 at 11:59 am

Hmm I don’t think I ever lose my appetite! Except for a FEW times in the past when I had a weird stomach problem and it was ballooning into a big basketball, and now that pregnancy hormones make my taste buds go crazy from time to time :P I think I’d consider myself a foodie because I really enjoy finding new places, recommending them to people, making different dishes and taking my time doing them! :D

And I hope you feel better very soon~it must be freezing in Canada!
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..35 Years of BlessingMy Profile

35 Sarah January 18, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Loss of taste is the absolute worst! Not that having to eat breakfast all day blows… but not tasting it/not having the desire for other foods is that part that does totally blow. Happy to hear that you are feeling better and this sick feeling is on the mend! Your cereal/yogurt/fruit/nutbutter pictures ALWAYS make me drool. Like, legit drool. ;)
Sarah recently posted..All sorts of pumpedMy Profile

36 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 18, 2013 at 6:25 pm

It’s okay. I keep a box if Kleenex on hand for emergencies :mrgreen:

37 Cassie @RedLetterDaye January 18, 2013 at 12:38 pm

OMG! Your stir fry looks awesome!

I had severe congestion and it was awful! But I didn’t and rarely lose my appetite. :) Like ever. So I like to stick to meals I can make quickly, and brownie points if it tastes better reheated- yay leftovers!
Cassie @RedLetterDaye recently posted..turning fears into favesMy Profile

38 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles January 18, 2013 at 1:06 pm

I’m glad that your stomach’s feeling better, but not being able to taste food is lame :-( Hope that doesn’t last too long!

The foodie question is an interesting one. I think I’m a foodie in the sense that I’m really interested in food – I like eating it (duh), talking about it, preparing it, learning about it, trying different varieties of it, etc. etc. But there’s almost a sense of snobbery associated with it that I don’t have at all – I’m just as satisfied with Subway or the occasional Wendy’s trip than I am with oxtail, microgreens and vegetable purees and foams (I chose those because they all sound like something I would see on Top Chef, lol).
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Five Thing Friday.My Profile

39 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 18, 2013 at 4:08 pm

:shock: To be honest, I think I’d be more satisfied with Subway and Wendy’s than I would with oxtail, microgreens, and veggie purees…

40 Shannon January 18, 2013 at 5:14 pm

I think I might be a half foodie! Due to a ton of nutrition classes and my huge interest in metabolism and the chemistry behind it I do pay attention to ingredients and their functions in the preparation and taste of the food. But I don’t practice top notch preparation that takes a lot of time and effort because well I’m a student. One of mum professors fits this definition perfectly! He did his dissertation on angel food cake!
Shannon recently posted..Fighting a Funk with CoffeeMy Profile

41 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin January 18, 2013 at 5:16 pm

I hate not being able to taste my food – that’s the worst! I hope you kick your cold soon.

And yes, I would definitely consider myself a foodie. I love going out to gourmet restaurants and spending hours cooking up recipes! It’s how my parents raised me. :P
Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin recently posted..WIAW #67: Weekly favouritesMy Profile

42 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 18, 2013 at 6:59 pm

You’re one of my favorite foodies! I seriously wish I had your motivation when it comes to cooking and prepping new meals. Care to share? :D

43 Lauren January 18, 2013 at 5:27 pm

I’m deeeeefinitely a foodie.

Not being able to taste a meal you made is no bueno.
Lauren recently posted..Dirty Monkey CakeMy Profile

44 amberAmber January 18, 2013 at 5:35 pm

I must have the recipe for the ginger tofu, it looks amazing :)

45 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate January 18, 2013 at 5:43 pm

I rarely lose my appetite! Being sick seems to make me hungrier. Haha.

I definitely don’t enjoy the meal when I can’t taste it though!
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..P&G eStoreMy Profile

46 Chelsie S January 18, 2013 at 8:01 pm

You start heading east, I’ll start trekking west and when we meet half-way, I can draw your blood, spin it and bring it back with me for testing. Alright? ;)
Hope your cold clears the heck outta there!!
Chelsie S recently posted..Jan 17thMy Profile

47 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 19, 2013 at 5:53 pm

Hehe I’m not too sure if I’d want our first meeting to involve you poking me with a needle. First impressions and all :P

48 Ashley @ AlmostVegGirlie January 18, 2013 at 8:43 pm

I hate when I lose my appetite! Usually it just happens on a random day and it makes me anxious because I tend to rely on hunger cues to eat and if they’re not there, I freak out. I still try to fuel myself, but I just stick with less filling options.

I think I would consider myself a foodie. I prefer making most things from scratch and when I buy things, I always stick with the higher quality options. I would probably call myself a Whole Foodsie, because I tend to be a WF snob and shop there more than anywhere else. What can I say, I love their selection and their quality…their prices, not always so much!
Ashley @ AlmostVegGirlie recently posted..WIAW: Makin’ ChangesMy Profile

49 Sunnie@ModernGirlNutrition January 18, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Glad your stomach is better! Although congestion is horrible, too! All your eats look amazing, cocoa + yogurt is always a winner:)
Sunnie@ModernGirlNutrition recently posted..Thursday’s Eats and a Hummus AddictionMy Profile

50 Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate January 18, 2013 at 10:41 pm

I guess I would consider myself a “foodie” just because I loving trying and experiencing different foods and dining scenes and also am very into where my food comes from. I absolutely hate when I can’t taste my food while I am sick but I would take that over nausea or loss of appetite any day!
Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate recently posted..Five Facts on FridayMy Profile

51 Sara @ Nourish and Flourish January 19, 2013 at 12:06 am

I’ll gladly accept the “foodie” title, as long as I can add an *asterik*. ;) Sure, I love making a mess in the kitchen–and I get quite a thrill when I plate something extra fancy–however I refuse to frown down upon my favorite microwave meals, packaged snacks, and yes–the occasional bag of fries from Mickey D’s. It doesn’t need to be all-or-nothing, right? I’m a foodie*. :)

When I’m sick and without an appetite, I tend to eat the same amount of food–if not more!–because the lack of flavor in my meals leaves a lot to be desired. Since salt is usually the only thing I can taste, I’ll go for bowls of soup and lots of crunchy/cheesy snacks. :)

I sure hope you’re able to rest up this weekend and kick that pesky bug away for good. Sending healing vibes your way! <3
Sara @ Nourish and Flourish recently posted..Four List FridayMy Profile

52 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 19, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Thanks, Sara! The healing vibes worked :D And I’m pretty sure I end up eating more on those tasteless days, too – I keep picking away at things hoping to get a little taste, and always end up unsatisfied :?

53 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance January 19, 2013 at 5:06 am

I dont ever call myself a foodie, but I’ve gotta say– after reading that description, I DEFINITELY fall into that category! haha

Happy to hear your stomach is getting its senses back :)
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Things That Make Me SmileMy Profile

54 Irina @ Chocolatea Time January 19, 2013 at 11:08 am

I totally understand your pain and frustration! Enter NYE: I was so congested that I literally couldn’t taste ANYTHING. Believe it or not, out of all the times I’ve been sick in my life, that night was the first time I experienced a complete loss of taste-ability. Crazy! I hope you’re feeling better now! It may take some time to recover but then you will have a newly rejuvenated appreciation for food when you’ll be able to taste it again! Just think of this is a blessing in disguise ;) I tend to lose my appetite when I’m extremely stressed, anxious, or upset. I read somewhere once upon a time that the human body’s natural reaction to those feelings is a loss of appetite (think of animals – when they’re being attacked they’re not gonna run straight for the food and think about how hungry they are). Very interesting right? It really sheds light on emotional eating and shows how unnatural it is (although we’re all guilty of it at some point!).

Anyway get well soon girl!! And enjoy your weekend :)
Irina @ Chocolatea Time recently posted..Lately…My Profile

55 Hayley @ Running on Pumpkin January 19, 2013 at 12:30 pm

I am a foodie in certain ways but not in other ways (like you). I love me some exquisite cuisine at a top notch restaurant, but I also am just as happy with an In n Out burger and milkshake. I’m sorry your nose is stuffed up though, that is the worst and I agree that it is super frustrating not being able to taste your food. Hopefully some R&R and lots of liquids will kick that thing in the butt ASAP.

56 Kate January 19, 2013 at 12:44 pm

Hmm being a foodie….Yeah I think I might just like to eat too. Well, okay, I do like to cook and experiment with things, but i DON’T like to follow recipes or use expensive ingredients….I can’t afford that stuff lol! And yeah, once I find a combo that I love, I kind of eat it over….and over….and over….right now whenever I cook meat i make it with a curry powder-turmeric-chilli powder – cumin blend or a Moroccan spice mix, and it’s my current jam. Nothin’ wrong with eating what works, right? I hope that annoying cold goes away for you soon, but at least you’ve got an appetite!

57 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 19, 2013 at 6:04 pm

Yeah I’m pretty sure the old appetite is something that never goes away… I think it actually gets worse on days where I can’t taste anything because everything I eat just feels so unsatisfying :?

58 Jill January 19, 2013 at 7:26 pm

I really really want to get comfortable with eating what I want. I keep “binging” at night and not exercising and worsening my digestion…BUT I binge on “safe” foods…if I just ate what I REALLY wanted all day…man….I’d just eat…well, I know what i”d eat. But I have this “I’m not allowed…I don’t deserve because I can’t exercise and keep losing control…” and boy do I lose control. Like …the whole tray of peanut butter bars late late at night :( (I got the recipe from “The Detoxinista” and SO GOOD…see? its like if I make someting, its there and I MUST eat it…ALL. I can’t just have just one. I worry about how to get out of this.
Bad enough that the last 2 nights I’ve done the same thing at 10 pm: fruit, nearly a whole tub of yogurt with nut butter, 50 grams of dark chocolate (EACH night), a muffin, etc etc…and still dreaming of food when I go to bed. It feels like it doesn’t matter how much I eat all day, I’m stuck in this mode of “must eat it all…no such thing as just having one or two of something”.

Okay, I’ll shut up now :)

Oh, I also try the “Detoxinista” almond butter fudge recipe…holy crap….so good !

59 Tessa @ Amazing Asset January 20, 2013 at 7:44 am

I was about just about to say GLAD YOU ARE ALL BETTER after I read the first line of your post… but then saw it’s in your nose now :( Boo! Sorry to hear that love, I am hoping you have a speedy recovery asap of course! When I can’t taste food, my appetite does not disappear… or at least the mental one if that makes any sense. Since I am often thinking about food (errr wayy too much, nothing new here of course), I always want food in some way, part of the getting better process and giving yourself all that you truly need, etc. But yes, the “appetite” is still there, just not necessarily a physical one! Get well soon woman and I hope the weekend makes you 100% better :D
Tessa @ Amazing Asset recently posted..Factual FridayMy Profile

60 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 21, 2013 at 6:24 am

My appetite is actually bigger when I can’t taste my food – probably because I just can’t get the satisfaction that I’m looking for :(

61 Allison @ Life's a Bowl January 20, 2013 at 8:15 am

I definitely wouldn’t consider myself a foodie per se but I do love food… Or as Ryan calls it “good mood food” :P So sorry to hear that you’ve had to deal with health issues lately, if anyone, I can totally relate and feel your pain- it’s a major buzz kill… I don’t usually lose my appetite when I’m under the weather but my cravings definitely change and what I can tolerate changes. I hope you feel better by the time I get back girly! XO
Allison @ Life’s a Bowl recently posted..And… We’ve Gone Cruising!My Profile

62 Kat January 20, 2013 at 9:23 am

Sorry you cant taste your food love!! That is seriously the WORST. Id rather have a sore throat than not be able to taste my food! Hope you are getting better :)
Kat recently posted..Let’s Get RandomMy Profile

63 Brittany @ Delights and Delectables January 20, 2013 at 1:08 pm

yay for a clean bill of health!! I lose my appetite if I can’t taste it or if I can’t smell. :( Hope you can taste now!!
Brittany @ Delights and Delectables recently posted..Are You Being Consumed and Controlled?My Profile

64 Jessie January 20, 2013 at 9:18 pm

Whenever I’m sick, or just slightly under the weather my appetite actually goes into full force & want even more food. That may be crazy to some, but it is what it is :)

p.s. I wish I could my computer screen was editable and I could eat all of your dishes.

65 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 21, 2013 at 6:24 am

Well with the way technology is going… you never know ;)