. WIAW … ridiculously ravenous .

by Amanda @ .running with spoons. on January 9, 2013

Ever have one of those days where you feel like you’re basically eating non-stop? Welcome to my yesterday. To be honest, it was just a strange day overall. In addition to spending the better part of the day feeling tired and cranky, I also couldn’t seem to fill the black hole that decided to form in my belly. It’s been a while since I’ve had a day where I’ve felt this ravenous, but yesterday more than made up for the absence…

WIAW

Things started out reasonably enough… I woke up early and set about making my morning tea…

Rough Morning

I usually spend a little bit of time on the computer before making breakfast, but my stomach just wasn’t having it, so I ended up having needing breakfast around 6 AM…

Cereal for Breakfast Plain Greek yogurt – banana – Kashi Cinanmon Harvest – Puffins – applesauce – roasted almond butter.

I finished that bowl still feeling a little bit munchy, but decided to wait it out for a bit. You know… stomach to brain lag and all. Turns out lag wasn’t the issue, but hunger definitely was, so I followed things up with a quick snack before running out the door…

Caught Almond Handed

Work was rough. Cranky and hungry definitely don’t make for a good combination, and I ended up having my daily capp in the morning as opposed to the afternoon in an attempt to keep myself civil.

Morning Capp

It worked. I’ve [probably] said it before and I’ll say it again… there’s nothing coffee can’t fix; but my relief was short lived – it wasn’t long until my mind began to wander to thoughts of lunch

Smoothie Lunch 1 cup milk – 1 banana – ½ cup frozen blueberries – ½ scoop vanilla protein powder – 1 spoonful of AB

It’s been a while since I’ve had a smoothie in place of a meal, but nothing else sounded remotely appealing – strange considering I probably would have eaten cardboard if you spread a little bit of honey on it. I used to laugh shake in my booties at the idea of ‘eating’ a smoothie, terrified that it would leave me hungry again in no time, but this actually managed to hold me over pretty well. And then the afternoon snack monster hit…

Bunny Snack Mix

Annie’s Snack Mix.

What Portion Control?

Greek yogurt and applesauce.

Molasses Sandwich

Rye bread with almond butter and molasses.

Fruit Nibbles

Blueberries.

Yup. Afternoons are definitely snacky around these parts, and I found myself constantly in the kitchen in an attempt to keep myself sane. I may have mentioned this before, but I don’t do so well when I’m hungry. I also may have mentioned that I’m trying to add a little bit of variety to my eats, so I got [semi] creative with dinner

Pasta and Eggs

WW noodles – broccoli – eggs scrambled with spinach and pasta sauce – hummus – avocado.

… which I later followed up with one of these

Birthday Cupcake

… before finally calling it a day. Phew. Thankfully, things seem to be back to normal today – no ridiculous appetite [yet] and I’m feeling back to my old self in terms of energy and mood. Here’s hoping it sticks around!

Ever have a smoothie for a meal?
What time do you usually eat breakfast?

When was your last ridiculously ravenous day? Tell me I’m not alone!

1 Lucie January 9, 2013 at 8:38 am

I tell you: You’re not alone! I experience that too, and I had a hard time accepting that my body needs more food than I planned, Meanwhile I am more relaxed about it, since I know it will be over after one day (most of the time).
I have smoothies for breakfast a lot and I love it! Yours looks YUMM! And you just reminded me that I need to stuck up on homemade hummus. Nom.
Lucie recently posted..WIAW #5 – What I ate WednesdayMy Profile

2 Lauren @ The Homeostatic Mindset January 9, 2013 at 8:41 am

I definitely get days like this! It can be really scary to honour my hunger on these days (and not squash it with oodles of tea and water), but I’ve been doing better taming the hunger beast ;)
Lauren @ The Homeostatic Mindset recently posted..Make me laughMy Profile

3 Caitlin January 9, 2013 at 8:49 am

Oyyyy you are describing my day right now haha! I got back from my run and made some oatcakes in record time since I was famished…and my stomach hasn’t stopped grumbling since! Hopefully some chili and cornbread for lunch will help it settle :P I’ve never had a smoothie for a meal (or finished a whole one actually) since I’m not a big banana fan (unless it’s in a baked good like bread)…I know they are used for thickening but I can always taste them, which freaks me out haha. I usually eat breakfast between 7 and 7:30…depends what time I get back from run and out of the shower haha….and I’m always hungry…we’ll get back from eating a huge lunch or dinner, and I start digging around for something to snack on, if I haven’t already talked it out and decided in the car on the way home…Joe never ceases to be amazed by this haha
Caitlin recently posted..Life in NumbersMy Profile

4 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 9, 2013 at 3:43 pm

At least you have running to hold accountable for a famished stomach… mine just comes out of nowhere!

5 Caitlin January 9, 2013 at 4:14 pm

usually happens on non running days though haha
Caitlin recently posted..Life in NumbersMy Profile

6 Nicky January 9, 2013 at 8:55 am

That’s so weird because I was like that yesterday too!!! I’d say I get ravenous days once a week these days and whilst they do kinda freak me out a little, I’ve learnt to just go with it and listen to my body and nothing disasterous has happened yet and my weight is still stable so I must be doing something right :) I think it’s pretty normal to have days where you eat more to balance out the days where you might eat less. The body is pretty clever eh? :)
Almond butter and molasses? Now that’s a combo I need to try…may add a little ginger/cinnamon to that…
I’ve never been too keen on having a smoothie in place of meal. I think I still have that fear that it won’t fill me up and I’ll just end up going for the food I should have had anyway. Although I have been adding protein shakes to my meals at the moment…but I definitely need something solid to chew on too, as yummy as they are!
Nicky recently posted..Sick WeekMy Profile

7 whiness January 9, 2013 at 9:03 am

I’d like to eat the snaks mix. ;) Oh, okay… Not only that! All your meals seem to be tasty and healthy.

I usually eat breakfast around 8am. Sometimes it’s 7am (when I have to go to school) but sometimes I wake up later during weekends so sometimes I eat it about 10am. There’s no rules.
But well… I don’t really have a smoothie for a meal. I prefer to eat something that I can bite ;)
whiness recently posted..178. Wednesday / po prostu – owsianka z jajkiemMy Profile

8 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 9, 2013 at 3:56 pm

You can always add a little sprinkle of cereal on top for some crunch!

9 Rachel January 9, 2013 at 9:05 am

I’ll trade ya ;) Ever since I got sick I have had absolutely NO appetite lol it really sucks… I do smoothies for breakfast every day, I’m pretty obsessed lol

but I totally know the feeling of being a bottomless pit lol that was me when I upped my running mileage I felt I was eating all day
Rachel recently posted..Post FluMy Profile

10 Khushboo January 9, 2013 at 9:27 am

Because of the lack of chew, I seem to also think that smoothies won’t keep me full…and I’m almost always wrong! I think it’s time I bring them back- it’s been ages since I last had one! You’re going to think I’m nuts but I usually have breakfast at 10 am. Everything seems to start (and hence) later in Mumbai so I’m used to starting work at 10.30. I’m usually out of bed by 8.15, work out, shower and then get breakfast started! And this pasta/hummus/avocado/egg combo has me intrigued…I never thought to put them all together but it sounds like a pretty killer combo :)!
Khushboo recently posted..Wedding bellsMy Profile

11 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 9, 2013 at 4:00 pm

In bed until 8:15?! Girl, I’m so jealous! I can’t even remember the last time I slept in that late… even when I was going to bed at 2 AM!

12 Laura Agar Wilson (@keephealthstyle) January 9, 2013 at 9:39 am

I love smoothies and have them as a meal pretty regularly but I tend to like them in a bowl and eaten with toppings to up the calorie level and make them feel more filling as I can knock back a smoothie in a glass in 5 seconds!
Laura Agar Wilson (@keephealthstyle) recently posted..WIAW: Right back to itMy Profile

13 Molly@This Life Is Sparkling January 9, 2013 at 9:44 am

I definitely get days like that too! You just gotta embrace them I guess ;)
Molly@This Life Is Sparkling recently posted..WIAW: Back to SchoolMy Profile

14 Alexis January 9, 2013 at 9:53 am

I definitely have days like that too… especially when you’re surrounded by all that delicious food! It definitely depends on how much I’ve been training, lack of sleep…. and the weather ;) cold weather just makes me want to cuddle up in bed with some nice snacks
Alexis recently posted..Wedding prepMy Profile

15 Hollie January 9, 2013 at 9:55 am

I was actually at the doctors all day yesterday and they were literally pumping sugar through an IV and then it was making me even more hungry…anyways. I do have those days though a lot being diabetic, it’s like a roller coaster of good times. (It def looks like by reading the comments that almost everyone was having a day like that…).

I don’t find a lot of bloggers who really enjoy rye bread (I’m obsessed) so it is always nice to find someone else!
Hollie recently posted..Training and EatingMy Profile

16 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 9, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Maybe it was something in the air… And I think my love of rye bread comes from my European heritage. Any particular combos you like to throw on it?

17 Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness January 9, 2013 at 10:04 am

I hate those days when you just can’t get full. They definitely happen for me too.
Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness recently posted..What I Ate WednesdayMy Profile

18 Hayley @ Running on Pumpkin January 9, 2013 at 10:16 am

I have endless ravenous days so frequently, usually like once a week! I don’t even know what triggers them because I don’t do any extra exercise on those days or whatever. I’ve never thought to add hummus to pasta…that actually sounds super yummy!! I usually eat breakfast around 8:00 or 8:30 because that’s a little after I wake up.

19 Sarah @PickyRunner January 9, 2013 at 10:23 am

Days where I’m a starvin’ marvin’ definitely freak me out. But they’re also rebuilding days and I always remind myself of that when it gets scary. If your body is hungry, it means you gotta eat something. Good for you for listening to your cravings! That’s a huge step :)
Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..A pile of deliciousnessMy Profile

20 Miss Polkadot January 9, 2013 at 10:26 am

Oh, girl, you’re certainly not alone on this one! I’ve been having days of non-stop-eating a lot lately – I blame having to study for exams and being stressed because this usually makes me even hungrier.

Waking up ravenous every morning I usually have breakfast about 30 minutes after waking up. Today was not good in that way: I had to be in universiy earlier than usual and my roommate blocked the kitchen. Yes, I realize it might be weird but we’re not getting along too well and she always has breakfast alone. Anyway, that meant I had to wait out with a rumbling stomach and then rush down my huge breakfast super fast. My stomach was in pain afterwards and has yet to calm down again (it’s evening around here) :(.

Regarding your post yesterday I hope my last mail didn’t stir up any bad feelings. I’m so sorry if it did (regarding the mention of my food guilt)!
Miss Polkadot recently posted..Happy New Year and setting [realistic] goalsMy Profile

21 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 9, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Studying, or having to do any kind of essays/projects always made me super hungry too. Brain needs fuel :) And nooooo, don’t worry girlie… your e-mail had nothing to do with it!

22 Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes January 9, 2013 at 10:36 am

I love smoothies for meals. They are just so versatile and so darn tasty!
Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes recently posted..{WIAW} When the world stood stillMy Profile

23 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles January 9, 2013 at 10:37 am

I’ve definitely been in the ravenous-bottomless-pit situation. When it happens, I just roll with it – I assume that I probably underate without realizing it the day before (or a few days earlier) so my body’s just doing what it needs to do.

Almond butter and molasses? I am intrigued!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..WIAW: Messy Bowls and Cooking With Booze.My Profile

24 Meghan @ After the Ivy League January 9, 2013 at 10:47 am

1. I want that Minnie mug. 2. “in an attempt to keep myself civil.” cracked me up…me grouchy and hungry at the office is not a good combination either! haha

And I sometimes have a smoothie as a meal, only when I’m seriously craving one. They usually hold me over pretty well (if I throw enough goods into the mix). I’ve been the opposite of ravenous lately, my appetite has been a bit off since I was sick last week. Although it started to recover last night when I couldn’t put the ice cream down ;)
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..WIAW #16 and New Running Shoes!My Profile

25 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 9, 2013 at 4:15 pm

That’s because we have a second stomach for desserts – it’s a well known fact ;)

26 Liz (formerly VeggieGirl) January 9, 2013 at 10:49 am

I eat breakfast at 5am – yep, you read that right. I’m an early-to-bed, early-to-rise gal :D

27 Jess January 9, 2013 at 10:53 am

I think it’s been pointed out before, but the reason you have these ‘ridiculously ravenous’ days is because your portion sizes are tiny. Seriously, I know blogging can skew people’s perspectives on this kind of thing, but they are SO small! And your smoothie is 300 calories, max – that’s not adequate for a lunch for anyone with a good metabolism, active or not. The reason you have ‘so many’ snacks is because your meals, while admirable and very balanced, are more like something you’d give a six year-old.

Please don’t interpret this as an attack; it’s not (and it’s usually pretty obvious when I’m rather annoyed with someone over an ED issue), but I think that’s the one sticking point you still have when it comes to being ‘recovered’ (sorry, only used the parenthesis because personally I don’t really believe in the concept)…you still can’t see that objectively you don’t eat an awful lot. Not to the level of restriction, but at the same time eating lots of tiny, miniscule meals and snacks seems to be causing you a lot of distress. I know I’m not the best person to advise on this – who the heck is a binge/compulsive overeater to advise anyone on portion sizes? But I (and probably everyone else on this blog) can count calories like a human calculator and even on your uber-hungry days, it ain’t adding up to much!

I’m curious (obviously tell me to bugger off if this is too intrusive) but what is it about being hungry that makes you so uncomfortable? Is it as simple as worrying about getting fat/weight gain, or don’t you think you’re ‘worthy’ of food? Or does the food simply prompt feelings of anxiety for no concrete reason? Also, has blogging triggered these feelings of guilt? Because if it has and you were feeling more positive during your hiatus, no blog is worth your health and sanity.

I just think that the problem isn’t the amount you’re eating on these ‘snacky’ days, it’s the (perhaps inadvertant) undereating overall.

Feel free to delete if this is out of place – I’ve just been following you for so long (since Seek) and I truly think you’re so close to escaping from this whole cycle…it’s frustrating to see you so near and yet so far.

28 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 9, 2013 at 4:22 pm

I’d never delete one of your comments, Jess – you always raise a lot of good points :) I honestly don’t know what it is. I’ve always had the tendency to eat smaller meals more often, even before I got sick. I think it’s mostly because my stomach doesn’t handle bigger meals too well, and I end up feeling tired and sick after eating too much, so I keep the portions smaller. It’s good for my stomach, but it’s also kind of annoying to have to eat so often. I’ve been toying with the idea of eating fewer meals and making them larger, so I might give that a shot if this keeps up. But really, these days don’t even happen all that often anymore – usually if I don’t sleep well or if it’s particularly cold, but otherwise it’s not too bad. And I think the main reason that they make me so uncomfortable is because they make me feel like I’m doing something wrong… like I’m not eating enough, or like something is wrong with my body. I guess I just like things to be constant, so anything out of the norm is a little disconcerting.

29 Sara @ fitcupcaker January 9, 2013 at 10:57 am

Sometimes I have smoothies for a meal, but usually for a snack, unless I am in a hurry :) I love them though, and now I am in the mood for a cupcake!
Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood!My Profile

30 Brittany January 9, 2013 at 11:02 am

When I worked at a smoothie shop I would have smoothies for my meals ALL the time. I would have a small snack with them too, or I would top them with some granola and banana to make it feel like I was “eating” it haha. I have had a few ravenous days lately, and I’ve been in a rut where NOTHING sounds good! It sucks.

31 Elizabeth@myneonrunningshoes January 9, 2013 at 11:08 am

Girl you are not alone! I tend to eat breakfast early, around 7. Then lunch at 12 and I’m ready for dinner most nights before 6…
Elizabeth@myneonrunningshoes recently posted..Pot Bownies?My Profile

32 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl January 9, 2013 at 11:21 am

That Annie’s Snack Mix looks delicious…hey, I enjoy the simple things! ;)

I never eat a smoothie as a meal. For some reason I just feel like it does not fill me up as much (probably sunconsciously) and I guess I miss the whole chewing factor associated with eating. In other words, I need to EAT something during my meals!

Trust me when I say that you are not alone in your ravenous days. We all have them, satisfy them, and then move on to a new day! :)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Omaha Eats: Blue Planet Natural GrillMy Profile

33 Alex @ therunwithin January 9, 2013 at 11:42 am

I have those days a lot, but I try and remind myself that my body is telling me YAYAYA you are a furnace. for some reason that analogy that I learned really helps me remember to feed the furnace. burn baby burn. ignore that – I am embarrassed I ended it with that statement.
Alex @ therunwithin recently posted..Trade-em Up: Midweek SlumpMy Profile

34 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 9, 2013 at 4:29 pm

Haha! Ignore it? Never! That’s seriously the perfect analogy. Genius, girl… genius :D

35 Karla @ myhighonlife January 9, 2013 at 11:53 am

That’s me right now–I am so hungry today but didn’t bring enough food for work! I think I’ve only had 400 calories and it’s already 1pm. Not sure how my 5mile run is going to go this afternoon. I’ll be sure to eat a hearty dinner :)

36 Allison @ Life's a Bowl January 9, 2013 at 12:08 pm

I am having one of those days today and I cannot control my hunger… Unfortunately, I’ve already plowed through my packed lunch + snack + my secret chocolate stash in my desk. The countdown until 4:30PM has begun and I’m leaning towards opting out of the gym in favor of crashing on the couch with snacks at home :P I usually eat breakfast after I walk Charlie and pack lunches for Ryan and I, say 7ish? But on the weekends lately I’ve been waiting a bit later, as in 8AM… Any later than that I get hangry :P And I’m not a big smoothie maker mostly because like you said, I don’t think they’d hold me over very long… But maybe with the addition of some Greek yogurt?!
Allison @ Life’s a Bowl recently posted..Ten Terrific ThingsMy Profile

37 Kat January 9, 2013 at 12:26 pm

Welcome to my life, although my snacks def are not as healthy as yours! Mine always involve FATS! Like trail mix, nut butters or hummus. And that smoothie sounds amazing! I had a coconut pineapple one that rocked my world today.
Kat recently posted..WIAWMy Profile

38 Olivia @ Life As Liv January 9, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Oh man, how I can relate to feeling like a bottomless pit. I experienced the same thing yesterday and seriously did not stop feeling hungry. all. day. long.
Olivia @ Life As Liv recently posted..Freedom from Perfection TuesdayMy Profile

39 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 9, 2013 at 4:32 pm

A lot of people seem to be saying that. I stand by my belief that there must have been something in the air… or the cycle of the moon or something :lol:

40 Lisa January 9, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Yep, I so feel you. Actually today I’m having one of those days! I remember I used to just ignore the hunger, try to fight from feeling it but now I try my best to honour it! It’s not fun to feel that way, but I think the body just wants what it was missing from other days. The body is smart! Your not alone in this feeling;)
Lisa recently posted..Comment on What I Ate Wednesday – Peanut Flour by Eating 4 BalanceMy Profile

41 Jessy January 9, 2013 at 1:31 pm

Have you thought about increasing your portion sizes and overall food intake? It seems that you eat very little, by the looks of it your meals only end up around 300 kcal …

42 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 9, 2013 at 4:37 pm

I’ve always preferred to eat a lot of smaller meals more often, but I’m thinking about trying to bulk up my main meals and snack less to see if that makes a difference. It would concern me more if this was an everyday type of thing, but since it only happens every now and then, I’m not all that worried about it.

43 Sonia the Mexigarian January 9, 2013 at 1:56 pm

Sometimes when the hunger monster attacks, you just got to give in to it. I’m due for a ravenous day I think. :\ Though are your meals looked very yummy and healthy :) Last time I had a smoothie for a meal was last year. Though I am planning on having a smoothie for dinner since I will be getting home late and don’t want to eat too much before bed.
Sonia the Mexigarian recently posted..1st post of 2013 WIAWMy Profile

44 Megan @ runningonjava January 9, 2013 at 2:44 pm

Breakfast = whenever I’m hungry. I usually wake up pretty hungry, so I’ll try to eat something first thing. Other than that, I totally relate to the bottomless pit thing. I actually feel more hungry on my rest days when I’m lounging around watching TV. Snacking + TV = the best combination.
Megan @ runningonjava recently posted..My kind of holiday {wiaw 1.9}My Profile

45 Laura January 9, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Smoothie for a meal? Negative. they don’t even satisfy me as a snack!
I usually eat breakfast between 8 and 9. Unless I have work early, then I eat it at 7!
My last ravenous day(s) were the past 2 days! NOTHING would satisfy me, but I attribute it to my workouts, and my food choices. I’m sure my muscles would be a lot more satisfied if I had a burger and fries….but a turkey sandwich and pop-chips just weren’t cutting it. Quality matters, and if there isn’t enough quality it turns into quantity!
Laura recently posted..New Year, New Challenges, New Triumphs.My Profile

46 Lauren January 9, 2013 at 4:04 pm

Smoothies NEVER fill me up. They last for about 20 minutes and then I want something that has some weight to it. I feel like I’m almost “eating” air with a smoothie. Unless you get one of the fancy-pants one at a smoothie shop or something lol.

Those cupcakes look so cute and delicious! And I love your morning mug, it resembles me before my coffee :)

47 fruityrunner January 10, 2013 at 3:59 am

Same here…

48 Brittany @ Delights and Delectables January 9, 2013 at 4:50 pm

I def have days like that girl!! story of my life! I can’t eat smoothies for a meal. I am left starving after and shaky! Even if I add a protein and fat… it doesn’t do anything for me!
Brittany @ Delights and Delectables recently posted..WIAW #32 Changing the RulesMy Profile

49 Ashley @ AlmostVegGirlie January 9, 2013 at 5:03 pm

Ugh, hungry days are THE worst! I mean, they’re good because then you can eat more without getting full (being full is still something that bothers me, so I tend to stick to smaller meals too!) but they’re also so weird because it’s like, where is this insane hunger coming from?

I’ve been eating breakfast pretty late over Christmas break. The past two days, I haven’t started eating until around 10 even though I woke up 2 hours earlier because I usually check emails and stuff before breakfast and then I’ve had some breakfast mishaps lately so I had to start all over. I generally eat breakfast between 7:30 and 9:30 though depending on when I have to wake up.
Ashley @ AlmostVegGirlie recently posted..WIAW: Working With Almond FlourMy Profile

50 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate January 9, 2013 at 5:28 pm

Haha I feel like I’m always eating! #runnersproblems
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..P&G eStoreMy Profile

51 Karey @ Nutty About Health January 9, 2013 at 6:00 pm

You definitely are NOT alone in being a ravenous beast yesterday. I was in a crappy mood yesterday too & with that comes some extra PB before bed… because PB makes everything better (along with coffee of course). ;) Glad you’re feeling more like yourself again! Me too!
Karey @ Nutty About Health recently posted..What I Ate WednesdayMy Profile

52 kaity @ kaityscooking January 9, 2013 at 6:17 pm

today was def one of those days for me !! i had pretty much 2 breakfasts because i was not full at all and then snacked all day.. ive been having smoothies alot lately as meals after avoiding them for so long and its a great way to get some fruits/veg easy and very filling !
kaity @ kaityscooking recently posted..What I ate WednesdayMy Profile

53 Nicole January 9, 2013 at 6:18 pm

Nope, definitely not alone in ravenous days! But I find that snacking throughout that kind of a day doesn’t do much to quell my hunger. I have to eat a bigger meal (or two) in place of those snacks to actually fill up. I also find that on days I exercise more, I’m way hungrier the following day…. so I’ve gotten better about listening to my body instead of listening to some ridiculous idea in my head about staying hungry so I could lose weight! Bleh, never doing that again… it sucks too much!

I eat breakfast as soon as I get done doing my makeup (which only takes like 10 minutes). I hate getting up super early though if I have to for some random work meeting or whatever, because I know it’s going to make me hungrier all day eating so much earlier!

54 Nicole January 9, 2013 at 6:27 pm

Also, I kind of agree with Jess’s comments above. I think I’ve mentioned this before or saw someone else comment on it, but you really have NOTHING to worry about in terms of weight gain because you are clearly on the smaller side and likely do under-eat by just enough. And while you’ve said this a million times — that you don’t show/talk about everything you eat (and I can imagine if I blogged, not snapping a photo of EVERY. THING. I. EAT) — I can’t help but think that you might be under-eating. (My dinners are always at least 500 calories, and I know that many of your prepared Annie’s type meals are about 300, so it really puts things in perspective for me.)

The reason this is important, is that eating slightly larger meals may make you happier in the long run! Just a thought :)

55 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 10, 2013 at 8:38 am

I’ve actually been thinking about bulking up my meals and snacking less often to see if it’s more satisfying. I’ll have a post up about it soon :)

56 Aimee January 9, 2013 at 6:23 pm

I’m definitely having one of those bottomless pit days- I think it’s because I’ve been awake since 5:30 this morning and have been on the go since! Wednesdays are my long days- at both the hospital and office so I think that’s why I eat so much – I just finished dinner about 1/2 hour ago and I’m already thinking about my next snack!! Nothing wrong with these these kind of days – I actually enjoy them!! :)

57 kim@hungryhealthygirl January 9, 2013 at 7:16 pm

I definitely have had days like this and I agree with you smoothies do seem to fill me up, especially if I add the right ingredients. Your pictures look so pretty and I love the Minnie mug!
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday {a day in the life}My Profile

58 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile January 9, 2013 at 7:26 pm

Yup, I’ve definitely had those days!! I just embrace them and eat away haha. All of your snacks look delicious!
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..What I Ate WedMy Profile

59 Laura January 9, 2013 at 8:32 pm

You are not alone! Haha I have many ravenous days :)
Laura recently posted..[2013]My Profile

60 Sara @ Nourish and Flourish January 9, 2013 at 10:23 pm

I feel like I’m eating non-stop every day, because…well, I am! :) I sit down to balanced meals every 2-3 hours now, which means I’m ALWAYS full. The frequent meal thing is definitely an adjustment, however my stomach is sloooowly expanding (thank goodness!). I think snacking is a fun way to eat – and the style I gravitate towards – but since beginning my bulk, I’ve realized that picking at things throughout the day never truly satisfied me. Now those desires are completely gone! It feels so strange! That doesn’t mean I don’t dip my spoon in the peanut butter jar every now and then, though. Some things will NEVER change. ;)
Sara @ Nourish and Flourish recently posted..MIMM: Weekend SnapshotsMy Profile

61 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 10, 2013 at 8:40 am

That’s really encouraging to hear, Sara! I’ve actually been playing around with the idea of bulking up my meals and snacking less to see if it makes a difference, because yeah… constantly picking away at things isn’t really all that satisfying :?

62 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table January 9, 2013 at 10:29 pm

I sleep in… I get up around 8 and don’t eat until 9. But I have my last meal at midnight!
Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table recently posted..Setting the Tone for a New Year + Amazing Kitchen MistakesMy Profile

63 Jess January 10, 2013 at 1:36 am

Glad you honored your hunger! Some days our metabolism runs much faster. So I’m sure you needed the nourishment
Jess recently posted..How to get more out of your workoutsMy Profile

64 Jessie January 10, 2013 at 1:37 am

I’m currently having one of those days today, and you know what.. BRING ON THE FOOD BABY!!!! =)
Jessie recently posted..Thankful Thursday :: GodMy Profile

65 Sara @my less serious life January 10, 2013 at 4:09 am

ahhhh you had a smoothie too! not a green one but i love it. i have been having a lot of these super snacky days to and i am so busy i am just going with it – otherwise the hunger occupys my head too much. ya know/? plus if i don’t listen to it – i end up on the floor covered in cookies at the end of the day. better to satisfy your appetite with healthy choices in small bits throughout the day – like you did here!
Sara @my less serious life recently posted..what i ate wednesday: issue 63My Profile

66 Lot-O-Choc January 10, 2013 at 5:13 am

so weird when you get those days right! where you just feel like a bottomnless pit aha..its always on my leg days! figured i need the fuel!
Lot-O-Choc recently posted..Damian Allsop Water Ganaches : The Classic CollectionMy Profile

67 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin January 10, 2013 at 11:00 am

I definitely have ravenous days like that too! My parents always joke that I’m like their teenage son rather than their 23 year old daughter. :P

I’m not a big fan of smoothies for a meal… I much prefer solid food. But I love them for snacks in the summers. I can’t even think about having a smoothie right now though – it’s way too cold!!

My breakfast time totally depends on my schedule/hunger level. Sometimes I’m starving at 6:30 am, but sometimes I don’t get hungry until 9. I just go with the flow!
Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin recently posted..WIAW #66: Back in the kitchenMy Profile

68 Jill January 10, 2013 at 4:45 pm

How do you stop at such a small nighttime snack? I eat like 500+ calories at night (last night was 2 squares chocolate, 3 clementines, 2.5 tablespoons of peanut butter with egg whites and yogurt ..and a “muffin” treat). Oh my, I’m so lost.
I have a lot of gas buidlup in my body and I’m popping gas-x which obviously is limitedi in its use.
I’m so chained to my eating habits like.

You are so tiny girl, Please eat LOTS . You work and think and function better than I (you can convey your thoughts in a sensible manner :) ) . Are you still doing zero exercise? PLEASE let me know honestly. I’m struggling in a TINy province in eastern canada with major snowstorms (I mean MAJOR, can’t leave the house for days :( And with me eating so poorly and having bathroom “issues’ this obviously is not good. Ugh. WISH I could sit down with u and you could sraigten me out :)

Need a roommate in Alberta? Or know anyone who does?

Also, can you tell me a good online website to order protein powder from? FOr a CHEAP option for someone in Canada?

I LOVE greek yogurt but haven’t had it in 2 days and am having MAJOR withdrawls. I’m afraid I ought to try to “eliminating” it for a while…having “issues” similar to “Lisa Lately” I think where my excessive consumption of dairy and eggs (I eat like 2 whole eggs + 3/4 cup egg whites per day no joke) is causing issues. Oh my nerves.
Why do I write you these negative novels? I tell myself everyday to be bouncy and positive and light but I keep dwelling on the binging (EMOTIONAL, not physical in my case ) and dwelling on my guts and cramps and everything. Jeez, I need to really Change, but I’m not even sure what I need to do to change. Or I know but I’m not “readY’ for it? (if that makes sense).

Okie dokie, I’ll shut up now.

69 Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 11, 2013 at 11:52 am

I’m still not doing any kind of workouts, Jill – I walk daily and that’s about it. As for the protein powder, I can’t really help you there because I don’t buy mine online. Actually, it’s been forever since I’ve bought any… I’m just trying to use up what I have and then I won’t be purchasing any more.

70 Kate January 10, 2013 at 8:15 pm

gotta love those bottomless pit days. Soetimes it’s fun to just kinda go to town on food, but after awhile (for me) it gets old – I’m like okaayyyy can I be satisfied long enough to do something productive?? lolz. Everything you ate today looks delicious though! Especially your dinner….I’m a huge pasta girl but the sauce/hummus/eggs combo is somthing I’d never thought of – looks amazing though. And hey – Capps are a-okay ANY time of day :-D

71 baltimore search Engine optimization July 6, 2014 at 4:37 pm

With havin so much content do you ever run into any issues
of plagorism or copyright infringement? My site has a lot of
unique content I’ve either authored myself or
outsourced but it appears a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my permission. Do you know any techniques
to help stop content from being ripped off?
I’d definitely appreciate it.
baltimore search Engine optimization recently posted..baltimore search Engine optimizationMy Profile

72 leonard levine cpa boca raton fl July 28, 2014 at 5:51 am

Most of the ones up for sale are used books, but you may find
some gems here and there if you look carefully.
This can be done in several ways, and the specialist has the right knowledge to help you to enjoy.
Specific edge that you enjoy through this software.
leonard levine cpa boca raton fl recently posted..leonard levine cpa boca raton flMy Profile

73 Booster 144 mhz September 3, 2014 at 9:41 pm

Therefore, avoid bodybuilding supplements who have ingredients containing
the phrases ‘andro’, or lead to ‘dione’ or ‘diol’.
You will discover a greeat detailed review on the Healthy
Care Booster Seat by simply clicking on the links below and you’ll also discover where you can buy it aat the smallest price.
In my viewpoint the top natural testosterrone booster supplement is but one which is safe make use of andd naturally produces results.
Booster 144 mhz recently posted..Booster 144 mhzMy Profile

74 Auto Repair Shop Software September 24, 2014 at 6:58 am

s easy to exclude yourself from the system should you so wish to.
My Factory Warranty has expired on the BMW and in fact the Extended
warranty as expired as well. There’s no money to become
made in old time auto shops that should not have the equipment or
software it requires to properly handle the large amounts of customer and vehicle data that come in.
Auto Repair Shop Software recently posted..Auto Repair Shop SoftwareMy Profile

75 ablazeaggressor91.deviantart.com September 28, 2014 at 12:01 am

Helpful info. Fortunate me I discovered your wweb site accidentally, and I am surprised wwhy this coincidence did not took place in advance!
I bookmarked it.
ablazeaggressor91.deviantart.com recently posted..ablazeaggressor91.deviantart.comMy Profile

76 weight Loss Hcg charlotte Nc October 2, 2014 at 2:29 am

Follow a healthy food pattern and try and eat at home as much as possible.
The body finally begins to burn abnormal fat and once this takes place,
the dieter will begin to feel weak and hungry until he gives up.

Some companies are selling inferior products to make a quick buck,
so you never know what you get when you purchase these hormone drops online,
says the News Junky Journal.
weight Loss Hcg charlotte Nc recently posted..weight Loss Hcg charlotte NcMy Profile