. it’s beginning to look a lot like christmas .

by Amanda @ .running with spoons. on December 2, 2012

Squee! December is finally here, and that means two very important things:

1. The chocolate countdown has begun…

2. The decorations have come out…

Squee! I took the day off from posting yesterday because I was busy decorating [and vacuuming] the heck out of my apartment while my boyfriend serenaded me…

Seriously, by the time I was finished putting up the decorations, there was glitter and garland shedding everywhere – my floors looked like a disco ball had shattered in a forest. BUT! my place is now holiday ready…

… well, except for the Christmas tree. I didn’t really want to put my tree up alone, and the family was busy… BUT! they’ll be coming over later tonight to help with the decorations and I can.not.wait, especially because Elf and hot chocolate are likely to be involved. If I’m feeling super motivated, there might even be some cookies. Squee!

I’m seriously in full-on Christmas mode over here. This is my absolute favorite time of the year, and I plan on milking as much pleasure out of it as I can. Music, movies, shows, food, decorations, family… Ohhh the thought is making me giddy… or maybe that’s just the sugar rush from all of the holiday candy I’ve been enjoying lately…

Hush – decorating takes a lot out of a girl. I’ll make healthy eating one of my New Year’s resolutions, but until then, there are a whole lot of tasty treats to enjoy and only 23 days left to do so. EeeeeEEEEee!

Are you getting into the Christmas spirit yet? If not, does the hype bother you?
What’s your favorite Christmas time treat?
And just something to make you smile…

1 Alex @ therunwithin December 2, 2012 at 4:10 pm

so fun that your family comes over to help. man you have a lot of christmas cheer this weekend. hope you had a great day!
Alex @ therunwithin recently posted..Who ThereMy Profile

2 Olivia @ Life As Liv December 2, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Your Christmas decorations look spectacular!! I’m completely on the same page as you about getting into the Christmas spirit. I want to milk every last second out of it too. I hope you have fun with Elf and your family!!! Enjoy those cookies. ;)
Olivia @ Life As Liv recently posted..Short and Sweet + Guest Post!My Profile

3 Hayley @ Running on Pumpkin December 2, 2012 at 4:27 pm

I got really excited when you said “boyfriend” because I thought you and Starbucks boy were official ;) but Buble is the perfect boyfriend in my opinion. I love those kisses, I had some last night while watching a movie last night. CHRISTMASSSS!!! Squeeee (in your words)!

4 Sara @my less serious life December 3, 2012 at 4:41 am

haha i had this same reaction! and i totally listened to Buble yesterday while decorating for xmas myself!
Sara @my less serious life recently posted..weekend review: sometimes you just need pizzaMy Profile

5 Caitlin December 2, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Omg that’s one of my favorite scenes in Elf…i seriously can’t stop laughing every time I watch it! And I LOVE your Christmas decorations :) They look beautiful!! Yay for chocolate, family time, and the holidays <3
Caitlin recently posted..Christmas Blogging Challenge: Day 2My Profile

6 Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 2, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Hehe it’s one of my favorites too. I can seriously watch it over and over and never get tired of it.

7 Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness December 2, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Yay! This post got me so excited for Christmas!
Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness recently posted..What I’m Reading and What I’m Learning…My Profile

8 Alexandra December 2, 2012 at 4:52 pm

In your words, “EEEEE!!!!!!!!” :D Girl this post just got me even more stoked for the holiday season coming up!! Your decorations are so cute and pretty! :)
Man, I can’t wait to be done with exams so I can go home and start celebrating!
Alexandra recently posted..Finding PeaceMy Profile

9 Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 2, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Ahh yeah school always used to get in the way of my Christmas cheer as well. But you’re gonna rock those exams and then it’ll be time to party big time :D

10 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 2, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Hehe YES! I love it when people are just as excited as I am for Christmas :-D
Your decorations look so cute! Seriously wishing I had a fireplace of some sort, that just seems ideal for Christmas decorations.

And Christmas is absolutely the time for chocolate and treats, I am 100% supportive of you eating it up (likely cause I’ll be doing the same over here!)

Favourite Christmas treat? Man…I don’t even know. My dad always loads up on Moritz Icy Squares this time of the year, so I always associate those with Christmas (plus they’re amazing. And so sweet I can only handle a couple, and that’s saying a lot). I’m also a big fan of gingerbread cookies (preferably men that I’ve attempted to decorate), candycanes, and those big boxes of mixed chocolates!

mmm…Christmas. :-p
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..The Christmas List.My Profile

11 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate December 2, 2012 at 5:46 pm

It still seems too early for Christmas! I will start getting into the spirit in about two weeks. LOL.
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..My FirstsMy Profile

12 Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale December 2, 2012 at 5:47 pm

So. From here forward (until I see a real picture) in my mind Mr. Bux has the appearance of Mr. Buble. ;)
I absolutely love SOOO many things about this. Your spirit, your philosophy, your sheer uncensored joy. Christmas is very underplayed around these here parts, so seeing unbridled excitment just brings me SO much happiness. Thank you! :D
Ps. I love all your cute little snowmen and other Christmas buddies. <3
Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale recently posted..Bring ItMy Profile

13 Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 2, 2012 at 6:31 pm

Underplayed? Awwwr. Well you’re more than welcome to come visit :D

14 Aimee December 2, 2012 at 6:23 pm

This post totally made me smile :) Sooo excited for Christmas!!

15 Madi December 2, 2012 at 6:42 pm

my sister and I recreate scenes from Elf all year long. The script is pretty much our bible.
Madi recently posted..Do The MathMy Profile

16 Devon @ Health in Equilibrium December 2, 2012 at 7:21 pm

Wait a minute… Michael Buble is MY boyfriend too! He’s been two-timing us!! Although, one beautiful song and I’ll probably forgive him… I am sooo excited for Christmas! Totally in the mood :) My favourite holiday treat is probably peppermint hot chocolate or gingerbread. Oh! And I had a picture on my post dedicated to you today! (Hint: you like ‘em small, right?) Hee hee!
Devon @ Health in Equilibrium recently posted..One of a Kind Recap!My Profile

17 Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 3, 2012 at 9:25 am

How about this… I’ll take him MWF, you can have him TTrS, and we’ll alternate on Sundays :D

18 Kate December 2, 2012 at 8:01 pm

EEEEEEEEEEEE omg your decorations are the BEST! Did you take some from your parents or buy them yourself? I’m trying to decorate my apartment and realizing that I should’ve had my parents ship some stuff out to me cuz I have to go to Target and buy stuff that doesn’t have sentimental value….oh well, I guess you gotta start somewhere! Someday I’ll hang those ornaments and be like, “oh man, remember when I was 23 and in my first apartment and I bought these?” Lol :-D

19 Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 3, 2012 at 10:12 am

Huh. Come to think of it, most of it is actually stuff that I went out to buy myself – I was gonna take some stuff from home, but at the same time, that’s the place I associate those memories with so I decided to leave them there. But ‘starting somewhere’ is always a good attitude to have. This’ll be my second Christmas in my place and it’s already feeling more special :)

20 Khushboo December 2, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Okay no joke- this post has made me want to majorly immerse myself into the Christmas festivities!! I am secretly hoping Emirates Entertainment is showing Elf on my flight tomorrow!! I’m even thinking about busting out our Christmas tree on Wednesday when I get to London! Until then I am getting into the spirit vicariously through u! Hope u had a lovely evening with your family, Amanda!

21 lindsay December 2, 2012 at 8:20 pm

i want to come!! Elf and hot chocolate? I’m so there! shall i bring the marshmallows?
lindsay recently posted..Sunday Scenes: the S’sMy Profile

22 Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 3, 2012 at 10:20 am

Yes! And would it be greedy to ask for a batch of Healthy Bites too? :D

23 lindsay December 3, 2012 at 10:45 am

of course!
lindsay recently posted..Sunday Scenes: the S’sMy Profile

24 Jessie December 2, 2012 at 9:37 pm

Even though we can’t see the exact final product, it all looks beautiful! Please come decorate my home like yours for me please?? I promise to treat you with baked goods & whatever your little heart desires!!

P.S. I nominated you for the Beautiful Blogger Award on my page xoxo
Jessie recently posted..Marvelous In My MondayMy Profile

25 Ashley @ AlmostVegGirlie December 2, 2012 at 10:25 pm

I am jealous of your decorating skills–I put up some Christmas decorations and a mini tree in my apartment but it’s slightly lame. But then again I’m going home for Christmas in a week so it’s not a big deal! I’ve actually been in the Christmas spirit since around Thanksgiving but now that it’s December it actually feels more like the Christmas season.

And your Advent calendar makes me really excited to get home and open mine! Mine has little ornaments instead of chocolate but it’s always fun putting up a different one each day.
Ashley @ AlmostVegGirlie recently posted..My Ode to the Whole Foods Salad BarMy Profile

26 Albizia December 3, 2012 at 12:12 am

OMG! OMG! OMG! *Squeeeeeeeeeeee!* You need a flatmate, right? Of course you do! Or a cleaning lady. Or a pet that doesn’t eat the edge of the carpet. When can I move in? (that sounded creepy…) Your decoration rocks! I’m not even decoration my apartment because I am flying home in 11 days and the place sucks anyway. But I can’t wait to get home, put up the good old fake tree and spread little glittery ornaments everywhere from the front door to the toilet :D

Best Christmas treat ever – heaps of hot homemade cookies to make watching Christmas movies hidden under a blanket even more awesome than it already is.
Albizia recently posted..Небето през прозорецаMy Profile

27 Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 3, 2012 at 10:30 am

Well, a pet that doesn’t eat the edge of the carpet sounds pretty appealing ;) But a roomie would probably be better – especially if they loved Christmas cookies and movies.

28 Sara @ Nourish and Flourish December 3, 2012 at 1:12 am

I’m in full-on Christmas mode, and have been since Thanksgiving! Actually, I began listening to Christmas tunes in mid-November. I need way more than a month to get a satisfying dose of Groban, Buble and Mariah. Heck, if I had it my way, I’d listen to Christmas music all winter long. It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside–feelings that we all need during the frigid months. :)

LOVE the decorations! I hope the tree decorating went well tonight, and that you were able to watch Elf. I saw it over the weekend, and it was as wonderful as ever. :) <3
Sara @ Nourish and Flourish recently posted..Weekend Snapshots and Three December GoalsMy Profile

29 Lucie December 3, 2012 at 1:45 am

Love your decorations! Looks so pretty!
Lucie recently posted..Marvelous in my Monday!!My Profile

30 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers December 3, 2012 at 3:37 am

Love your decor (and choice of Christmas music) – especially the greenery over the fireplace. So classic. So pretty!
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..A Not-So-Clean CleanseMy Profile

31 Laura Agar Wilson (@keephealthstyle) December 3, 2012 at 4:33 am

Gosh I am so excited for Christmas, I don’t mind the hype as long as its December, any sooner and its a bit too early for me! My fave treats at Christmas are lots of cheese and chocolate but not together ;-)

32 Hollie December 3, 2012 at 5:02 am

Love this. I’m so excited for Christmas LOL. I feel like when December hits, it’s all downhill from there. ha ha. Your decorations look awesome! You can come decorate my house too if you want ;)
Hollie recently posted..Base Training for LifeMy Profile

33 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin December 3, 2012 at 5:56 am

I love your enthusiasm about Christmas because I feel the same way about it – it makes me giddy with excitement! :D I’m not quite in the holiday spirit yet though because it’s hard to feel Christmasy when I’m at school. But I’m going home Friday, so I’ll be entering full on Christmas mode then!

My favourite Christmas treat is that PC candy cane chocolate fudge crackle ice cream… I hope you can find it in a store near you because it is seriously amazing!
Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin recently posted..Elf 4 Health Week 1My Profile

34 Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 3, 2012 at 10:51 am

I saw that ice cream on your blog and looked for it when I was in Superstore last night, but no luck :( I’ll check a few of the other stores around the city and hope for the best. Does it not have any traces of peanuts though? Because I know a lot of their other ice creams do…

35 Laura December 3, 2012 at 6:20 am

I think I eat more chocolate during the Christmas season than I do during Halloween. Advent calendars rule!
Mine is full of Dove dark chocolate…no complaints from this girl!

I LOVE Christmas, and this is the first year I’ll be celebrating it with a boy I’m actually in love with. Soooo I plan on milking the season for all it’s worth as well! =)
Laura recently posted..Xmas Challenge: Day 3My Profile

36 Meghan @ After the Ivy League December 3, 2012 at 7:16 am

I am seriously loving all of your Christmas decorations, so cute! And that scene from Elf is hands down my favorite scene. I die laughing every time!!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..The Happiness Project Book ReviewMy Profile

37 Nicky December 3, 2012 at 7:18 am

Awwh wow your place is looking pretttyyyy :) :) I am never very organised when it comes to Christmas for some reason. I still need to start my shopping and I have still haven’t decorated…I don’t know, maybe it’s lost that magical sparkle that it had when I was a kid but now it’s more stressful that I have to make sure that I get people nice things and the day is always over so quickly! I don’t mind the hype though as long as it’s in December…when they start putting Christmas things out before even Halloween that is kindaaaa annoying! Also my birthday is 5 days after Christmas so yeah, maybe that’s why I don’t like it so much because it dampens down the day I was born haha?! Because obviously I am much more special than the birth of Jesus :P LOL!
Nicky recently posted..My Week in PicturesMy Profile

38 Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 3, 2012 at 11:11 am

Aww I feel you on having to kind of share your birthday with Christmas/New Years. Mine isn’t as close (Jan 4th) but I still get the same kind of thing. And what makes it worse is that my birthday often falls on the day that classes start up again…

39 Kat December 3, 2012 at 7:25 am

YYYYAAAAAAAY CHRISTMAS!! I love our decorations being up, I feel so festive :)
Although, I dont have any holiday candy in the house yet, and that clearly needs to be fixed stat.
Kat recently posted..Weekends BestMy Profile

40 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl December 3, 2012 at 7:45 am

Michael Buble has such an amazing voice! I generally prefer country music and he sings a duet on Blake Shelton’s new Christmas CD that I am LOVING. It is definitely getting me in the spirit for Christmas!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Vegetable, Lentil, and Barley StewMy Profile

41 Giselle@myhealthyhappyhome December 3, 2012 at 7:51 am

I love Christmas time! My absolute favorite time of year! It’s getting to be even more fun with our little guy. Seeing Christmas through his eyes brings it to a whole new level of excitement. We decorated last Thursday while he was sleeping and when he woke up and saw the Christmas trees (I made him his own), he was so excited! So fun!
Giselle@myhealthyhappyhome recently posted..Toddler Christmas tree and shopping bustMy Profile

42 Kate December 3, 2012 at 8:53 am

Yes! The most wonderful time of the year indeed! Your decorations are adorable – love the garland around the mantle. This is definitely the season to have a fireplace! I was addicted to holiday movies this weekend too – the newer Miracle on 34th Street, a little Jack Frost (not so good) and Elf. Though admittedly, it’s not my favorite. Gotta get some Home Alone and Love Actually going…plus Alvin and the Chipmunks and The Smurfs for good measure…

43 Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 3, 2012 at 11:53 am

I’ve been seeing Love Actually on everyones favorite Christmas movie lists, and I don’t remember ever watching it! I think I may need to change that.

44 Kate December 3, 2012 at 12:36 pm

You definitely should! I know only one person on the planet who didn’t love it. And she has questionable movie tastes. ;)

45 Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes December 3, 2012 at 10:13 am

It really is becoming to look a lot like Christmas! I’m so excited!!
Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes recently posted..Mrs. Claus’ Official Christmas Dinner MenuMy Profile

46 sonia the mexigarian December 3, 2012 at 10:43 am

lol! I love putting up holiday decorations. The neighbors put up theirs and I have been telling this husband to figure out how to string the lights outside without blowing a fuse. Some of my interior deocorations fell down already :\ we are getting our tree this Saturday :) soooo can’t wait! And i think i might be the only person in the americas that doesn’t have a Buble Christmas album :( Love your decor btw!
sonia the mexigarian recently posted..Cleaning UpMy Profile

47 kris December 3, 2012 at 11:16 am

Although the weather in my neck of the woods (77F) isn’t winter-esque yet, it certainly is beginning to LOOK a lot like christmas! Loving all the decorations coming up!
Soo excited!! i need to go bake some cookies :)
kris recently posted..pre-sweets workoutMy Profile

48 Ellie@Fit for the Soul December 3, 2012 at 11:29 am

OooOoo from what I can see, everything looks very pretty! :D And I used to be kind of indifferent to Christmas and only really thought and celebrated on Jesus’ birth in my own heart and nothing else, since my family was NEVER the type to celebrate anything! But after meeting Greg and seeing how his family does it, I really love Christmas! The festivities actually make me giddy now. Although this time we can’t go to Kansas, so no crazy big gathering with his family…:( haha. And it was so weird and exciting to hear you call him your bf! yayyy!
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..A Traditional Kid-Friendly DishMy Profile

49 Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 3, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Greg is Polish, right? Us Poles love us some big, loud celebrations ;)

50 Brittany December 3, 2012 at 11:30 am

I LOVE the Christmas hype! This is my second favorite time of year, right after fall! I LOVE IT! Favorite holiday. The music has been on repeat and my tree is glowing in my living room!
Brittany recently posted..Car TalkMy Profile

51 Liz (formerly VeggieGirl) December 3, 2012 at 11:36 am

LOVE this time of year. I just tweeted a photo of the Christmas-themed treat I baked this afternoon :D

Happy Monday, dear Amanda!

52 kaity @ kaityscooking December 3, 2012 at 12:38 pm

i love elf its one of my favorite parts about the holidays! that part cracks me up everytime.. i just took the boxes of decorations out but my little pink tree is already up! :-)
kaity @ kaityscooking recently posted..Holidays & ED thoughtsMy Profile

53 Rachel December 3, 2012 at 12:53 pm

omg your decorations look so cute!! And I think we have the same boyfriend… he sang to me on my commute this morning ;)
Rachel recently posted..MIMM #18 Deck the HallsMy Profile

54 Brittany @ Delights and Delectables December 3, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Your decorations are beautiful!! Wanna come decorate for me?? ;) I’m getting into the Christmas spirit.
Brittany @ Delights and Delectables recently posted..MIMM #27 Diving Into DecemberMy Profile

55 Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 3, 2012 at 2:11 pm

I would so come decorate! It’s one of my favorite ways to get into the Christmas spirit and I’d never pass up an opportunity to do more :D

56 Grace @ Practicing Grace December 3, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Bought our small Christmas tree this past weekend! Cinnamon scented air freshener and a cookie decorating party/spiked egg nog ensued also. Love this time of the year and I’m determined to enjoy every second of it!

57 Lisa December 3, 2012 at 1:46 pm

All your decorations look great! I’m totally milking this holiday season. I’m going to get in as much Christmas joy as possible, even if I’m in my 20′s. I’m just a child when it comes to the holidays! Oh man, Buble has my heart, I love love love his Christmas album! I’ve already watched Elf and plan to watch it at least 5 more times before Christmas ha ha. I just love everything about that movie.
Lisa recently posted..Easing Into DecemberMy Profile

58 Allison @ Life's a Bowl December 3, 2012 at 2:14 pm

Your decorations look absolutely bea-uuu-tiful, seriously amazing!!! Could I entice you to come down this-a-way and help me?! I opened one of our boxes yesterday and had a disco forest going on too… It’s still looking pretty pathetic though, but once we get a tree I think it’ll be better. Charlie thinks the Santa statue near the fireplace is his new buddy and either 1. tries to play with him [aka attack him] or 2. share his toys with him [aka pile them up at his feet]. Fingers crossed he doesn’t eat our tree!
Allison @ Life’s a Bowl recently posted..Comfort & Joy [MIMM]My Profile

59 Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate December 3, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Your place looks gorgeous! I love how you got right to it on December 1st since you were waiting until then to decorate haha. :-) I am excited for you about your peanut-free advent calendar, enjoy the cute little chocolates!
Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate recently posted..Winter WonderlandMy Profile

60 Lauren @ The Homeostatic Mindset December 3, 2012 at 5:00 pm

I act like a 6 year old girl around this time of year. I LOVE it! Listening to Christmas carols 24/7, always having Christmas movies on it the background while I’m studying. My roomie and I went out and bought Christmas crafts too! haha ;)
Lauren @ The Homeostatic Mindset recently posted..When ED strikesMy Profile

61 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table December 3, 2012 at 10:24 pm

Michael Buble makes me swoon. Big time.
Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table recently posted..Work It Out At HomeMy Profile

62 rebecca @ blueberry smiles December 4, 2012 at 12:54 pm

your decorations are adorable! and HEYYYY, michael bubble is my boyfriend too :-) haha

63 Hayley @ Running on Pumpkin December 4, 2012 at 3:05 pm

I just nominated you for the Liebster Award <3
Hayley @ Running on Pumpkin recently posted..Liebster AwardMy Profile

64 Molly@This Life Is Sparkling December 4, 2012 at 3:11 pm

Christmas decorating is THE best. And so is Michael’s Christmas album ;)
Molly@This Life Is Sparkling recently posted..Christmas Wish ListMy Profile

65 Meg December 4, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Ok so before lastnight I had NO idea how an advent calendar worked – now I do and I’m glad because I would’ve questioned that “chocolate countdown” ;) haha! You are referring to the advent, right?!

Oh lawwwwd. ANYways…SO stoked for the holidays too, chica!!! :)
Meg recently posted..Gluten Free Apple CakeMy Profile