. WIAW … what portion control? .

by Amanda @ .running with spoons. on November 28, 2012

Hey guys! Hope you’re all having a deliciously tasty Wednesday! Mine felt ridiculously scattered and all over the place, but I did manage to get some good eats in so let’s take a peak at what I ate this Wednesday…

Apparently my ability to sleep in past 7 was a one-time kind of deal because this morning it was back to being up at the crack of dawn [read: 6:15]. I thought about rolling over and trying to get a little bit more sleep, but the promise of hot tea and a cold breakfast was just too enticing…

Plain Greek yogurt, banana, Kashi Cinnamon Harvest, Puffins, applesauce, roasted almond butter.

One of these days I may actually consider having something warm first thing in the morning, but I’m not quite ready to give up my beloved yogurt and cereal messes just yet. Heck, what I had for breakfast didn’t end up being enough to satisfy the addiction, so I ended up having to go back for more throughout most of the morning…

It’s a good thing I live alone and don’t have to worry about double dipping ;) I know it’s basically taboo to not practice portion control and bring an entire package of whatever it is that you’re eating to wherever it is that you’re sitting, but honestly? Sometimes that’s the only way to feel satisfied. And while we’re on the topic of satisfaction, can we just talk about the weirdest craving that I got hit with this afternoon?

Chicken and chunky applesauce. Err, what? :shock: Honestly, I blame all you Americans for taunting me with your delicious turkey and cranberry sauce Thanksgiving dinners. This is my poor Canadian girl’s attempt to not feel left out. It worked… kind of. And now that that’s out of the way, let’s backtrack to lunch…

Nothing new to see here, really. Wrap. Turkey. Cheese. Veggies. Thinking up a new lunch is on my list of things to do, but it falls somewhere between writing a musical and tattooing a picture of Justin Bieber onto my back [read: most likely never going to happen]. Oh! But guess what did happen…

Rice cakes! I know they’re considered a diet food and all, but honestly? They’re tasty, satisfyingly crispy, and make the perfect base for anything and everything; and by anything and everything what I really mean is cottage cheese, almond butter, and honey, because that combination is to.die.for. Trust. And apparently I can’t trust my memory anymore because I found a picture of these Shasha cocoa gingersnaps on my camera from today…

… but I don’t actually remember eating them. I may just be losing my mind. BUT! I’ve heard that caffeine has some pretty beneficial effects when it comes to the prevention of things like Alzheimer’s and dementia, so I guess that’s as good a reason as any to keep medicating on a daily basis?

I’m getting old; I have to start taking precautions ;) Oh! And I think I have to start cooking dinner more often too…

[Last night’s] dinner was the first one in a while that didn’t come from Mom or a box, and I’ve got to admit that I was a big fan. What you see here is potatoes roasted in olive oil and crushed rosemary, steamed asparagus, and scrambled eggs made with 2 whole eggs, mushrooms, spinach, and celery… and what I’ll be seeing later tonight is probably a few spoonfuls of this…

… because everyone knows that it tastes the best straight from the jar, portions be damned.

Do you ever grab a bag/box/jar/tub and eat without worrying about portions?
Any typical ‘diet foods’ you enjoy for non-diet reasons?

1 Alex @ therunwithin November 28, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Is it possible to adore you even more after this post? I break all rules in the sense I normally eat straight from containers, portion sizes are never measured heck I dont even own measuring tools and weird food combos are my jam. I am convinced we would be quick eating buddies if we lived closer. I have to say rice cakes are a food I buy weekly. I kind of love them go figure. Keep rocking you each post like this makes me
So happy.
Alex @ therunwithin recently posted..This all was only wishful thinkingMy Profile

2 Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 28, 2012 at 8:00 pm

I wish we lived closer! I wouldn’t even mind if I had to share my food ;) Maybe I can come up with a work-related reason to visit DC…

3 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile November 28, 2012 at 4:49 pm

I love your meals! I really need to try and make homemade applesauce. It sounds so fresh and delicious. I honestly love rice cakes – specifically because they’re a gateway to hold nut butter ;)
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..What I AteMy Profile

4 Miss Polkadot November 28, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Agreed on the almond butter! Not that I wouldn’t enjoy it on top of my oat bran but there’s something special about spooning straight from the jar. Living alone does have it’s benefits, just like you said.

Rice cakes are nice but you have to (!) try corn cakes. I mean those looking the same as rice cakes but are made from, well, corn. They’re addictive!

Grabbing food straight from the bag is so satisfying. I really enjoy having bits and bites of everything from salted cashews to crunchy, real sugar-sweetened granola at my parents’ place. These are snacks I don’t allow myself keeping around because I’m afraid of going overboard but at least I’m okay with having them at other people’s houses. Still, it’d be nice to dare and keep a bag of tortilla chips around for when the craving hits … I’ll work on it.
Miss Polkadot recently posted..Marvelous in my Monday: Weekend of marvelousnessMy Profile

5 Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 28, 2012 at 8:05 pm

I’ve actually been kind of curious about corn cakes, given how much I love corn and anything to do with it, so you’ve pretty much convinced me that I have to pick some up the next time I’m in the store. And holy.wow did I used to be obsessed with tortilla chips. Give me a bag of those and a jar of salsa, and I’m one happy camper.

6 Aimee November 28, 2012 at 5:26 pm

Your homemade applesauce looks delicious! I definitely am guilty of eating straight from the bag/ jar without measuring – especially bags of almonds! Raw almonds are my favorite nighttime snack while watching TV.

7 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate November 28, 2012 at 5:41 pm

We are opposites. I have something warm for breakfast every morning!
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate recently posted..Brrr!My Profile

8 Brittany @ Delights and Delectables November 28, 2012 at 5:47 pm

I love rice cakes too! Can I come over for dinner??? That plate looks awesome!
Brittany @ Delights and Delectables recently posted..WIAW #27 Operation HydrateMy Profile

9 Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 28, 2012 at 9:05 pm

Of course you can! But only if you promise to stay for dessert :D

10 Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness November 28, 2012 at 5:57 pm

That dinner looks amazing! I’m so strange but I really love roasted potatoes! One of my favorite foods!
Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness recently posted..What I Ate WednesdayMy Profile

11 Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 28, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Strange? Pft! I’d say that makes you perfectly normal :P Roasted potatoes are delicious.

12 lisa fine November 28, 2012 at 5:58 pm

I’d say nut butter is one thing I don’t worry about portion control. I eat several spoonfuls of peanut or sunflower seed (or cashew, when I can get it at a reasonable price) butter each day, and love it. Years ago I stopped eating nuts and nut butter because I was worried their fat content would fatten me up, but now I love the stuff. It keeps me full and satisfies my sweet tooth.
lisa fine recently posted..braving facebook and twitter, againMy Profile

13 Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper November 28, 2012 at 6:00 pm

That photo of your dinner is making me seriously want to invest in some square plates. It just looks so neat! I’m with you on the rice cakes–I actually sometimes feel weird buying them because I know they’re a stereotypical diet food, but they’re so perfect with almond butter! I’m also a huge fan of Cheerios. I know they’re not exactly a typical diet food, but they’re probably about as plain as cereal gets…and yet they’re SO good!
Julia H. @ Live Young & Prosper recently posted..The First “What I Ate Wednesday”My Profile

14 Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 28, 2012 at 9:08 pm

I’ve always had a soft spot in my heart for Cheerios. So simple, yet so satisfying.

15 Devon @ Health in Equilibrium November 28, 2012 at 6:02 pm

Seriously girl, why switch up your meals when they look THAT delicious? The almond butter, honey, cottage cheese thing looks super tasty. Oh, and I read tons of articles touting the health benefits of coffee, so drink up! I keep hearing more and more evidence that chocolate will prevent cancer so I’m not taking ANY chances, I’m eating as much chocolate as I can!
Devon @ Health in Equilibrium recently posted..My First WIAW: The Week of the SquashMy Profile

16 Caitlin November 28, 2012 at 6:32 pm

I want your dinner. And your breakfast. And pretty much all of your meals, including that applesauce chicken combo snack. Totally believe it works.
Caitlin recently posted..They Robbed Me (and other random thoughts)My Profile

17 Hollie November 28, 2012 at 6:53 pm

MMM. Yeah I am terrible at measuring things out. No a big deal I don’t think. I didn’t know rice cakes were a diet food. We are always eating them at work! So good!
Hollie recently posted..WIAW: While TravelingMy Profile

18 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl November 28, 2012 at 7:45 pm

I absolutely love rice cakes! My favorite way to eat them is with a Weight Watchers/Laughing Cow garlic and herb cheese spread wedge and jelly or jam. It is so GOOD!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Spinach, Mushroom, and “Sausage” BakeMy Profile

19 M November 28, 2012 at 7:50 pm

Ice cream, of out the tub… Totally guilty.

20 Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 28, 2012 at 9:09 pm

You are me both :)

21 Nicole November 28, 2012 at 9:49 pm

For some reason peanut butter and cereals are impossible to portion-control as far as I’m concerned. I may try, but I definitely fail haha. I’ll spread some pb on something but realize I crave it by itself, and well, that craving is usually not satisfied by one spoonful lol. And with cereal, I find myself reaching my hands into a box out of sheer boredom sometimes!

And I actually enjoy those 90 calorie Fiber One brownies… haha. They’re so chocolatey!

22 Jun November 28, 2012 at 10:01 pm

Oh my gosh your dinner looks divine. Did it take long to prepare it? And yes, you MUST start cooking dinner more often! I can’t trust myself around nuts. The crunch and taste is way too addicting!!!

23 Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 28, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Not too long, nope! The most annoying thing was just just cutting up the potatoes/veggies and then waiting for them to roast – I’m kind of impatient.

24 Khushboo November 28, 2012 at 10:04 pm

I love your WIAW because they so similar to my eats! Given its effect on Alzheimer’s, I guess I have no choice but to continue fueling my cappuccino habit…all in the name of health right ;)! I love rice cakes too- perfect vehicle for so many toppings.,,I especially love them topped with mashed avocado and a sunny side egg! Speaking of ‘diet’ foods, I also prefer boiled egg whites..hard boiled yolks make me want to gag!
Khushboo recently posted..My beef with PinterestMy Profile

25 Sara @ Nourish and Flourish November 28, 2012 at 10:40 pm

Rice cakes for the win! We’re talking about a food that, despite its unwarranted “diet food” label (puuhleease), never fails to satisfy me. I eat them every day ( go-to post workout snack: protein powder “frosting,” peanut butter and banana stacked high on top of a rice cake), with practically anything (hummus + guacamole + feta + leftover chicken is a current favorite). I’m also a big fan of rice cake pizzas. The key to enjoying them though, is to not attempt to fool myself into thinking that they’re real pizzas. That’s just begging for disappointment! However when I appreciate them for what they are–a delicious crunch with bubbly sauce and cheese–they’re delicious. And not only that, they’re super budget friendly. You just can’t go wrong. :-D

Foods I eat frequently straight from the container: ice cream (I only serve it in a bowl if I *have* to, and by that I mean if strangers are around and I feel like I need to be polite), almonds, peanut butter, and veggie chips (potato chips pretending to be healthy). ;)
Sara @ Nourish and Flourish recently posted..Beating the Bloat and Bethenny Frankel WisdomMy Profile

26 Sara @my less serious life November 29, 2012 at 5:05 am

i love rice cakes topped with nut butter too! really just a vehicle for toppings – i agree!
Sara @my less serious life recently posted..what i ate wednesday: issue 60My Profile

27 Alexandra November 29, 2012 at 5:32 am

Chicken + applesauce = BEST COMBO EVER!! Especially with almond butter on the chicken mwahaha ;) And I’ve decided I’m coming over for dinner next time you cook– holy freaking YUM!!!! You’re a culinary queen my friend :D
Nut butter jars and those steamable broccoli bags never have portions with me, I mean do people really think there’s 4-5 servings in one of those broccoli bags?! PSSH more like 1/2 a serving haha!
Alexandra recently posted..Goals RevisitedMy Profile

28 Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 29, 2012 at 9:43 am

Oh if my stomach could handle it, I’d definitely agree. I love brocco and would eat it by the pound if I didn’t have to fear the consequences…

29 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles November 29, 2012 at 5:49 am

Any sort of nut butter is always best straight from the jar! I’ve been known to swipe a few spoonfuls on my way past the fridge once in a while…:-p

—>> my feelings on portion control: http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly9jbavBkL1rncq4uo1_500.jpg :-D

And I love rice cakes! Obviously, I would never eat them by themselves, but they make the perfect vehicle for toppings. Once in awhile I’ll include them in my lunch – two rice cakes with cream cheese, a piece of deli meat and a fried egg on each. So good!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Ramblings: Pink Nails and Chopsticks.My Profile

30 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin November 29, 2012 at 6:09 am

I eat straight from the container/bag all the time! I like it because then I don’t have to dirty up a bowl or a plate! :P I do it all the time with cereal, Enjoy Life trail mix, and Greek yogurt.

And I actually haven’t bought rice cakes since high school I think… I’ve never really craved them! I can’t really think of any “diet” foods that I buy on a regular basis. But when I was last visiting home my mom had a box of Special K sour cream and onion cracker/chip things and they were SO good! I ended up polishing off the box haha.
Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin recently posted..WIAW #64: Win, win, failMy Profile

31 kaity @ kaityscooking November 29, 2012 at 6:29 am

your applesauce looks sooo good and so do those potatoes. and yes i will be caught eating hummus straight from the container sometimes.. and rice cakes are always in my house, there just easy to grab and throw whatever toppings you want on it!
kaity @ kaityscooking recently posted..WIAW #2My Profile

32 Laura November 29, 2012 at 6:56 am

If anything is near the end…I finish it. Specifically ice cream and cereal. I probably DOUBLE what I usually have but it just doesn’t make sense to me to take a little bit and put back barely anything for either next time, or someone else. So…I finish it. And if it’s ice cream, it’s right from the container. =)
Laura recently posted..Turkey Day 2012My Profile

33 Megan @ runningonjava November 29, 2012 at 7:02 am

I need to try that rice cake combination! I’ve just been putting almond butter on them…but that takes it to a whole new level! Portion control is tough for me, too. I used to be so strict with the amount I was eating, and i know it takes a lot to give that up. I feel so much better now, though! :) Hope you have a great day!
Megan @ runningonjava recently posted..Thankful Thursday…it’s all just “stuff”My Profile

34 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table November 29, 2012 at 7:06 am

This probably doesn’t mean much coming from me, but chicken and applesauce doesn’t sound weird at all! I ate my chicken yesterday with pomegranate and sweet potatoes. Chicken is good with fruit!
Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table recently posted..Balance for the HolidaysMy Profile

35 Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 29, 2012 at 9:49 am

Awwr not weird at all?! And here I was hoping I could slap the #strangebutgood label on it ;)

36 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table November 29, 2012 at 10:50 am

LOL! You still can. It would probably be weird to normal people. :)
Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table recently posted..Balance for the HolidaysMy Profile

37 Kat November 29, 2012 at 7:13 am

I adore rice cakes. I mean seriously. My favorite way to eat them right now is to top them with whipped cream cheese, and some thin apple slices, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. TO DIE FOR! So amazingly crunchy , sweet and delicious.
And chicken and applesauce sounds kinda good to me. I was never one who had to keep all her food separated though, which is probably why I enojoy monster bowls just filled with everything!
Kat recently posted..Pumpkin Walnut PancakesMy Profile

38 Lot-O-Choc November 29, 2012 at 8:02 am

all looks so delicious! i love rice cakes as well! topped with some banana and pb2 yummm!
Lot-O-Choc recently posted..M&S Chocolate Honeycomb Truffle SantaMy Profile

39 Rachel November 29, 2012 at 8:57 am

your dinner looks perfect lol I love rice cakes! haven’t had them in a while though now that I think of it lol
Rachel recently posted..Tree Diving + Favorite MugsMy Profile

40 Kammie @ Sensual Appeal November 29, 2012 at 10:20 am

Your breakfast looks very similar to what I eat often as a snack. Very similar. Love it :)
Kammie @ Sensual Appeal recently posted..Hyaluronic Acid for joint health and CollagenMy Profile

41 Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 29, 2012 at 12:42 pm

It’s one of my favorite things to snack on too. I swear, some days I feel like eating nothing but yogurt, cereal, AB, and fruit…

42 Kammie @ Sensual Appeal November 29, 2012 at 2:41 pm

I am the SAME exact way!!!

43 Andrea November 29, 2012 at 10:34 am

Ooh! Do you have a recipe for the applesauce?

44 Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 29, 2012 at 12:44 pm

Hmm. It’s not really a specific recipe, no. All I do is peel a bunch of apples (usually around 10), slice them up thinly, throw them into a big pot with a little bit of water, turn the heat to medium-low, cover the pot, stir every so often, and wait until they reach the softness that I want (usually about an hour or so). When that’s done, I add in about a tsp. of vanilla and a tonne of cinnamon and call it good :)

45 Alex @ Raw Recovery November 29, 2012 at 11:00 am

I love the phrase “portions be damned”. My favorite rice cake “recipe” is to top it with almond butter and then put maple flavored agave nectar on top of that. It’s addictive.
Alex @ Raw Recovery recently posted..What Would It Take?My Profile

46 Meghan @ After the Ivy League November 29, 2012 at 11:50 am

The only way I eat peanut butter these days lately is straight from the jar. I feel like spreading it on anything else just interferes with the delicious peanutty goodness. And I actually love rice cakes too (although I haven’t bought them in awhile) and I saw them the same way! A vehicle for delicious toppings. One of my favorite combos is almond butter + cinnamon + banana…so good!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Thankful Thursday: I’m Thankful for CookiesMy Profile

47 Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 29, 2012 at 12:46 pm

The combination of AB and banana is seriously the best thing ever… but why did I never think to try it on a rice cake??!

48 Liz (formerly VeggieGirl) November 29, 2012 at 12:14 pm

“Portions be damned” hahaha love it :D

49 Shannon (Healthiful Balance) November 29, 2012 at 12:22 pm

As always, your eats look so so good! Yeah, I eat food without worrying (or thinking) about the portion size. This is something that would freak Mr ED (who is looong gone!) out. Pssh, if I want that whole bar of chocolate then Mr ED has nothing to say about it. :D

Also, I dont think I mentioned this before but I love the new picture on your sidebar! So freaking pretty!!
Shannon (Healthiful Balance) recently posted..Peppermint Hot Chocolate {WIAW}My Profile

50 Nicky November 29, 2012 at 12:49 pm

Oh man, after years of weighing EVERYTHING out I am SO glad to have that out of the window!! I don’t have time to care about how much I’m eating anymore..well I do. I just can’t be bothered with the extra un-needed effort now :) Just as long as I feel satisfied and enjoy it, that’s what food is about right? :) Plus..it saves on washing up when you eat straight out of the jar :P
Those cocoa gingersnaps sound amazingg!! I am a bit of a fiend for ginger snaps but with chocolate..wowieee :)
As for diet foods, I do really enjoy rice cakes and corn cakes topped with something. Being gluten free kinda limits what carbs I can have already so I’ll take what I can get being a carb lover and all :) xx
Nicky recently posted..The Reality of AnorexiaMy Profile

51 Jess November 29, 2012 at 1:17 pm

I don’t know…there’s portion control and portion control. Unfortunately some of us really do need to manage our weight and don’t have magical metabolisms. Then again, I can’t blame my metabolism for the fact that if I don’t weigh out every single food that isn’t a fruit or vegetable, I will use that denial to polish of half a jar (or a whole one…) of nut butter, spoonfuls of peanut flour, three huge sweet potatoes…and more. I guess it just depends on your original eating disorder – for binge/compulsive eaters not measuring things is like lighting a stick of dynamite, putting said dynamite in your pocket and running around in circles going ‘wheeeee!’ until it explodes.

I truly wish I could have just a drizzle of almond butter on my breakfast, or casually grab a teaspoonful from the jar. It just won’t happen though.

I like rice cakes too – I suppose squash is a diet food because it’s so low cal and I love that. Oh, and pumpkin as well.

52 sonia the mexigarian November 29, 2012 at 1:19 pm

the last dinner picture just set my stomach off with hungry growls. [stressed out= eating issues :\] i soooo want that right now. how the heck do you get your potatoes to look like that??
sonia the mexigarian recently posted..Cleaning UpMy Profile

53 Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 29, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Slice them up pretty thin, throw them into a big bowl, drizzle them with olive oil and herbs, rub them to make sure it’s all distributed, lay them out on a baking sheet in a single layer, and bake on 400 for around 20 minutes :)

54 Sarah November 29, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Forget portion sizes- if I’m hungry, I’m going to eat whatever I want! It’s called intuitive eating, which is something I’m still working on (and not tipping over to the other side that is overeating). If I want to eat a whole piece of chocolate cake, “portion size be damned!” Thanks for reminding all of us of that :)
Sarah recently posted..My Hour of PowerMy Profile

55 kris November 29, 2012 at 2:02 pm

ahh i loveee shasha cocoa gingersnaps! seeing those makes me want to go out and get a tub. right now.
everything you ate looks delicious. I don’t ever portion control chips. And when I do, i end up going back and getting more anyways..haha
kris recently posted..rice cooker cinnamon-ginger applesauceMy Profile

56 Missy November 29, 2012 at 2:06 pm

I love Suzies Rice Cake Thins.
They make a multigrain one with rice, corn and quinoa. YUM. And they are thin so I can eat more toppings because I eat more rice cakes.

Bag of rice cakes, jar of nut butter, plate, spoon, couch.
Counting be damned.
Because you are SO right,.it’s so much better that way and more satisfying.
Missy recently posted..Show and TellMy Profile

57 Jess(ica) November 30, 2012 at 7:46 am

I have absolutely no sense of portion control when it comes to hummus. None. I love it on pretty much everything, and can eat it straight out of the container on a fork. It’s just delicious.

In the B.E.D days, I would eat animal crackers, granola and dry cereal like Waffle Crisp straight out of the box like nobodies business. Target sells this granola cereal from a brand called Archer Farms with French Vanilla Almond and Pecan Sticky Bun flavors- BUY THIS STUFF! I’m not playing. It’s to DIE for. You will be addicted. I’m looking forward to getting back to this practice of pigging out on this stuff in recovery. It’s gonna happen- sooner rather than later I hope :-)

Yellow corn tortilla chips were another one I loved to pig out on from the bag- I didn’t even need them with salsa, they’re just SO good on their own.

Cheese Itzs. Enough said.

I remember there was a time when I went through a phase where all I wanted was saltine crackers. I don’t know why, but for a while they were the tastiest things in the world to me, and now they’re only a food I think of eating when I’m nauseous or seriously sick (which just never happens btw)

They may get a bad rep a lot of times, but I actually really like my veggies. Always have, even before ED. Brussel sprouts and cabbage I think are my favorites. Roasted brussel sprouts with garlic have this natural sweetness to them that is delicious.

I’ve actually never tried rice cakes before. Everyone here seems to think they’re heaven, so maybe I will just for the hell of it….

58 Ashley @ AlmostVegGirlie November 30, 2012 at 6:45 pm

I’m a huge fan of rice cakes, it’s all about a vehicle for the delicious toppings! My favorite combo right now is a rice cake topped with pumpkin butter and chocolate chips, melted for 30 seconds in the microwave. So. Good.

And I have no portion control when it comes to dried fruit (especially raisins), PB Puffins and maple-covered almonds. I usually serve myself some, but then end up going back for a handful once I’m finished. I still admit to measuring out my food sometimes but it feels so much more freeing not to so I’m trying to totally break myself of that habit.
Ashley @ AlmostVegGirlie recently posted..Countdown to Christmas Recipes: Pecan Pie PecansMy Profile

59 Irina @ Chocolatea Time November 30, 2012 at 7:47 pm

The short answer is of course! The best portion control is your stomach’s cues. There are plenty of “diet foods” that I love! Lately, I’ve been enjoying the Cookies and Cream Arctic Zero “ice cream.” I know it’s considered one of those foods that dieters or health-conscious people eat as an ice cream replacement but I just love love love the taste. Plus, regular ice cream makes an appearance in my life often as well :) Oh and your dinner plate looks gorgeous! A feast for the eyes, if you will.
Irina @ Chocolatea Time recently posted..Wining and Dining, Swine-ing and Thai-ingMy Profile

60 Brittany December 1, 2012 at 1:11 pm

Holy shit, your dinner looks amazing. I think I may have to make that tonight! I am totally getting caught up on your recent posts I missed and each one is making me excited. haha.
Brittany recently posted..Adventures in CanadalandMy Profile