Happy #thinkingoutloud Thursday! No idea what I’m going on about? Click here!
1. First order of business… I’m sure you guys are dying to know who won the box of Quest bars from the giveaway I announced last week. Well, the lucky winner isssssss….
Congratulations, Kim! I’ll be e-mailing you for your contact info and I’ll get your bars out to you, asap!
2. Second order of business… have you checked out my latest recipe over on Savory Style?
It’s a deeeeee-lish Chocolate Chunk Orange Bread that I kind of incorrectly labelled as banana bread in yesterday’s post. Oops. But if you’re looking for chocolate chip banana bread, then I have a recipe for that too!
3. Since we’re talking baked goods, let’s talk about the umpteenth batch of soft and chewy protein granola bars that I whipped up yesterday morning…
… because I didn’t already have enough sweet treats lying around, right? Actually… I’ve been having some pretty good luck with managing to pawn things off to family, friends, and coworkers lately so there wasn’t too much hanging out in my kitchen. And these bars are probably one of my favourite recipes here on Spoons — I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve whipped them up already.
4. I’ve also lost count of how many times I’ve accidentally started filling out my password in the website field of comment boxes…
… but it’s kind of an automatic reaction for me to start typing my password as soon as I finish typing out my e-mail… as if I were logging into my account. I think I’ve managed to catch my mistake every time, but one of these days I have a feeling it’s going to get me.
5. Allow me to introduce you to the newest member of the Spoons household…
What’s that? You were expecting a puppy or kitten? I wish. Instead, we have Spike the Aloe Vera Plant. He was a gift from my mom, who apparently has more faith in my plant-keeping abilities than I do. I’m going to try though, you guys, because I have enough
plant blood chlorophyll stains on my hands, and Douglas could really use a baby brother.
6. I, on the other hand, could really use an eye mask… or a nice set of blackout curtains. I don’t know how thing are over in your neck of the woods, but up here in mine it’s still pretty bright out at 10 PM…
… which makes going to sleep at my regular bedtime a little more challenging. Summer… I like you, but you exhaust me. Then again, I have been enjoying a fair bit more energy lately, which I’m totally crediting to the fact that I’ve been eating a whole heck of lot more of what I feel like… which oftentimes includes dessert twice a day 😉 But again, more on that in my upcoming post body image, which should be going up on Monday.
7. So the other day I was sitting in Starbucks, when I overheard the most fascinating exchange… A lady was at the till about to order her drink, and when the barista asked her what she wanted, she simply replied: “surprise me.” This is either incredibly brilliant or incredibly stupid — I haven’t quite decided which, but I have to admit that I’m tempted to try it myself. Should I? Would you ever do it? I have no idea what she ended up with, but she seemed happy. Not a bad way to spice things up a little, eh?
8. The surprise I got, on the other hand, was not a pleasant one… I was munching on dates the other day, when I bit into one that tasted a bit off. I was tempted to just shrug if off and keep eating, but I’m so glad I cracked that sucker open and checked it out because…
… oh.em.gee… double-you.tee.eff! Don’t even tell me. I don’t want to know 😯
And this is my life…
Two of my favourite movies. And I especially love the bit about being willing to be imprisoned for food 😆
10. And last but not least, you guys rock my socks off… Almost exactly one month ago, Spoons hit 1000 likes on Facebook, and just the other day I noticed it was over 2000. Mind = blown. Thank you guys so much for your continued love and support — it really means a lot to me.
No questions… just tell me whatever comes to your mind! 😀