Happy #thinkingoutloud Thursday! No idea what I’m going on about? Click here!
1. It’s that time of the
month year again! I just placed an order for 500 (read: 10) bags of my favourite Hot Cinnamon Spice tea* from Harney & Sons, which should last me… a little over a year? I think I first found this stuff about 8-ish years ago, and I’ve been drinking it on the daily pretty much ever since then, so I like to stock up and not have to worry about my supply for a good chunk of time. I guess you could say I have a bit of a habit. BUT! I’ve gotten a few dozen ppl hooked on it too, so it’s not just me and my addictive personality. This stuff is legit delicious.
2. The only problem is that nothing else really compares to it, so I end up buying all these other teas that sound good (red velvet cupcake, anyone??), but end up tasting nothing like what they’re advertised as. SO… what I’m left with is this huge tea collection that I keep meaning to work my way through, but only really ever end up adding to. It’s kind of a problem… especially when there are some teas that I just really don’t want to drink. I might just start double or triple bagging to get through them faster.
3. Or baking more things so I have something to eat with the copious amounts of tea I should be drinking. Obsessed with these yet-to-be-named strawberry bars. Ob.sessed. They’ll be up this weekend and I think you’ll like them. They taste so sweet and buttery, only they’re made without butter and barely have any added sugar. Eep! Excited.
4. I really wish chia seed jam looked a little more appetizing though. As it stands… yeaaaaaah. BUT! At least I’m at the point now where I can eat chias without getting slightly homicidal about them getting stuck in my teeth all the time. Progress.
5. This might sound completely random, but I love the smell of tomato vines. My mom kept a pretty big tomato garden when I was little, so the smell of them always reminds me of lazy summer evenings. Pretty crazy how certain scents can have such strong associations.
6. This cover of Shape of You by Fame on Fire is giving me life right now. Actually, pretty much anything by that band is. The singer’s voices gives me some hardcore feels.
7. And on that note, I hope you guys are having an awesome Thursday and getting ready for an awesome weekend. I’ll see you in a few days with more food 🙂
No questions! Just tell me whatever randomness comes to mind!
More places to find me!
E-mail — [email protected]
Twitter — runwithspoons
Facebook — runningwithspoons
Pinterest — runwithspoons
Instagram — runwithspoons
Bloglovin — runningwithspoons
Snapchat — runningspoons
*Disclosure: Some of the links included in this post may be affiliate links, meaning I’ll earn a small commission if you purchase through them, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and believe will add value to my readers. Thank you so much for helping support Spoons!
Chelsea's Healthy Kitchen
I have such bad luck with buying teas too! I hate taking a chance on new brands/flavours because I often end up hating them lol. BUT if you want an actually amazing new tea to try this winter, you NEED to get Teavana’s white chocolate peppermint tea. It’s SO good!
i also LOVE that tea !
The Good Earth makes a sweet & spicy tea that is amazing!
Those strawberry bars look scrumptious! Can’t wait to see the recipe!
Your strawberry bars look delicious! I just bought some bananas to make banana protein bars tomorrow. I think I’d rather make yours, haha!
jess @ run pink
I love how this post is primarily on food!! I love love anything cinnamon! And I love love looooove fall! Can not wait! Looking forward to the strawberry bars recipe! I have a ridiculous sweet tooth. It’s not working overtime during my pregnancy. 😉
Jodi L Stuber
Tomatoes definitely have a distinct smell. Not sure that I love it, but there is some weird kind of summery comfort about them 🙂 Those strawberry bars look AMAZING !!!! I am sure they are good for breakfast, snacks, whatever. Have a great weekend!
Catherine @ A Cup of Catherine
Those tomatoes are gorgeous…and I’m totally guilty of buying weird teas that SOUND good but end up tasting like garbage. I try to stay away from really artificial-sounding teas for that reason.
Those bars look delicious, can’t wait! So don’t hate me but I actually can’t stand that Cinnamon Spice tea. I remember I got it about a year ago (because I was hardcore obsessed with your blog and you ALWAYS talked about it 😉 ) and I was like, nope, not my thing at all.
However, my all-time fave Harney and Sons teas that I drink every single day, alternating, are Vanilla Comoro and Pumpkin Spice. I add some almond milk and have them right before I go to bed. Perfect nightcap.
As for that Cinnamon Spice tea? My college roommate enjoyed it much much more than me. 😉
That is my favourite tea as well!… and I’ve got the entire office hooked on it 🙂 There really is nothing like it!
Oh man, Trader Joes had a red tea a few months ago that was SO good!! I got 2 boxes but I’m really wishing I got a lot more because I’ve been out for awhile. 🙁
I can’t do coffee so I’m a tea girl every day! Right now I’m in love with Bigelow’s Lemon-Ginger tea. I used to think that it was too spicy (someone once gave me a Yogi Tea that about killed my tastebuds forever!), but now it’s a gem of flavors with a little wildflower or orange blossom honey!
Speaking of tomatoes, I might be able to pick some from the garden today. I’m really looking forward to it. 🙂
Daisy @ Fit Wanderlust Runner
We are currently trying to grow tomatoes but I really don’t have a green thumb. I am banking on my husband for this one. During the summers is also when I crave them the most.
Those strawberry bars look beeyootiful Amanda, and a random thought that comes to my head is that I’m loving rainy days right now. It’s interesting because usually August is really hot, but the beginning so far has been rainy/cloudy/cooler. 🙂
I just started drinking tea this year – I need to try that one!!
Mmmm maybe you could use those teas that are meh to flavor oats/baked goods? #lovetea
Carrie this fit chick
I’m a huge tea fiend and I’ve never had that flavo, but it sounds incredible! Ive been loving Numi and Yogi lately!
Julie @ Running in a Skirt
I’m totally obsessed with tea! Have you tried the tea forte ones?? YUM!
For a hot minute I thought you literally ordered 500 bags of tea and I was, dang girl that’s a serious commitment!
Jess @ Jessica Cording Nutrition
LOVE that cinnamon spice tea—I need to order more. I’m down to my last few bags.
heather @Lunging Through Life
Have you ever baked/cooked with tea? I haven’t, but I know some recipes call for it. I’m like you and have so much tea left over from not liking them that I wish I knew what to do with!