Loaded with plenty of chocolate and wholesome ingredients, these double chocolate fudge protein bites are a great way to satisfy that chocolate craving and give your body a boost of energy and protein.
Hello. My name is Amanda and I’m addicted to chocolate. Some might call it a problem, but I can’t honestly say that I see it as one — it’s more of a very delicious habit that I indulge in on a daily basis Bars, brownies, chips, chunks, smoothies, cakes, and most recently bites…
Double chocolate fudgy protein bites to be more exact, because more chocolate equals more happiness and more happiness is never a bad thing. That’s a fact. Google it. Or just trust me — I wouldn’t lie to you.
I would (read:will), however, tempt you with chocolate…
Forgive me? Please say that you do… I know I just posted a luscious chocolate recipe earlier this week, but I couldn’t resist posting another one. My recipes tend to reflect my cravings, and my cravings have been calling out for chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate.
I blame stress… or all the Easter candy that’s been making goggly eyes at me from the shelves of my grocery store… but probably more so stress. Between working, studying, setting up a business, and attacking an ever-growing blogging to do list, I’ve become a cocoa bean craving snacking machine… and these bites have been my favourite way to satisfy those cravings.
With only a handful of simple ingredients, minimal clean up, and no time in the oven, these bites are a quick and easy way to get your fix. They also taste like chocolate fudge — how much more convincing do you need?!
I’d love to know if you make this (or any!) recipe! Tag @runwithspoons on Instagram and Twitter, and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!Print
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup pitted dates*
- 3 Tbsp. almond butter (can sub with another nut butter)
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 scoop of your favourite chocolate or vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Add oats to food processor or blender and pulse until they reach the consistency of flour.
- Add dates, almond butter, and honey, and continue processing until well combined. You will probably need to scrape down the sides of your processor and add a few teaspoons of water to get things moving. Add water sparingly, as adding too much will make the dough too sticky.
- Add cocoa and protein powder and continue processing until fully combined.
- Transfer dough to a small bowl and add chocolate chips, mixing by hand until well incorporated. Use a tablespoon to divide dough into 12 equal portions, rolling each portion into a ball. Place bites in fridge for ~20 minutes to allow them to set.**
* If your dates are a little dry, soak them in a bowl of water a few hours prior to making. Doing so will make them easier to process.
** Bites are best stored in an airtight container in the fridge. They are also wonderful when frozen.
Keywords: chocolate, chocolate energy bites, chocolate fudge, chocolate protein bites, energy bites, no bake energy bites, no bake protein bites, protein bites