These flourless double chocolate cherry brownies are naturally gluten-free and made without beans, avocado, dates, or any other alternative ingredients. Just a double shot of chocolatey goodness paired with the tantalizing taste of cherries. The perfect treat for any chocolate lover!
You know you’ve got yourself a winning recipe when your
guinea pigs taste testers can’t tell you what they think about it because they’re too busy making inappropriate noises behind a mouthful of food. Thankfully, actions speak louder than words. And so do pictures.
Sorry for bombarding you with ALL the pictures just now, but I suspect there are worse things in life than eyeing up a batch of flourless chocolate cherry brownies.
Things like eyeing up a batch of flourless chocolate cherry brownies and not being able to reach through the screen and grab one. But that’s entirely not my fault. Maybe one day we’ll have the technology to share things through a computer screen, but until that day comes, I’m afraid the best I can do is tease you with mouthwatering pictures…
So. These brownies. These brownies. Thin crackly tops. Soft, rich, fudgy, melt-in-your-mouth interiors. And a double dose of chocolate paired with the tantalizing taste of cherries — a combo that [I hope] makes everyone weak in the knees.
I really wish I could say that I meant for this to be a seasonal summer recipe that’d help you make use of some of those fresh cherries that are so amazing at this time of the year, but I cheated and used store-bought jam. I know, I know. On the plus side, that just means you can whip up a batch without having to worry about the availability of seasonal produce. Or you can swap out the flavour of jam you use and come up with an entirely new combo. Chocolate raspberry, maybe? Chocolate strawberry? The possibilities are endless… and ooey, gooey, delicious…
The batter is flourless and grain-free, but made without beans, avocado, dates, or any of the other alternative ingredients that are often found in flourless brownies. Not that I have anything against brownies made with beans, but… okay, that’s not entirely true — I kind of do. But that’s probably because the only batch I’ve ever made was back in my overly-restrictive days, when I tried to healthify everything too much and usually ended up with baked goods that even my dog wouldn’t touch. Live and learn.
These brownies, though? You’ll have a hard time keeping them from disappearing. Guaranteed.
I’d love to know if you make this recipe! Leave a comment and rating down below to let me know what you think, and subscribe to our mailing list to receive new recipes in your inbox!Print
- 6 Tbsp. coconut oil*
- 6 oz. (170g) semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar**
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp. arrowroot powder***
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup dried cherries (optional)
- 1/3 cup cherry jam
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare an 8×8 baking pan by lining it with a sheet of aluminum foil, leaving a few inches of overhang on the sides to allow for easy removal. Grease the foil and set aside.
- Add coconut oil and chocolate chips to a small saucepan set over low heat. Stir until oil and chocolate have melted before removing from heat and setting aside to cool slightly.
- Using a handheld mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat together eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth and pale, about 2 minutes. Add melted chocolate mixture and continue mixing until well combined. Reduce speed to low and add cocoa powder, arrowroot powder, salt, and dried cherries (if using) mixing until well combined and scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Batter should be thick and smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading it evenly with a greased spatula. Drop small spoonfuls of jam on top of the batter and use a knife to swirl it around, making sure it’s not too thickly concentrated in any area.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until centre is set. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for about 15 minutes before removing and transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into squares and serve.
* Can sub with butter. ** Can sub with granulated sugar. *** Can sub with cornstarch.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
Keywords: brownies, chocolate, chocolate cherry brownies, double chocolate brownies, flourless brownies, gluten-free brownies, healthy, recipe
Looking for more flourless chocolate recipes? Try one of these!