The weekend is here! The weekend is here! 😀
Okay, I’ll admit that it feels a bit strange to get excited over the weekend because it’s not exactly like I have some sort of schedule to follow during the week, since classes have ended and I’ve yet to start working for the summer. But still. I’m always looking for reasons to be happy, and it being Friday is as good a reason as any. Mwee! Some other reasons to feel good?
Feel Good #1: Getting a good night’s sleep (unlike last night).
Feel Good #2: Breakfast! The best meal of the day.
Eggy steel cut/Scottish oats with carob, banana, and roasted almond butter.
Feel Good #3: A great workout. You know those days where you just can’t wait to get up and get moving? Mmm hmm. Today was one of ’em for me, and my workout flew by without me noticing and left me feeling energetic for the rest of the day. Here’s a breakdown of what I did; it’s kind of a random lower body circuit that I went through twice – so 30 minutes total.
- 10 minutes on the treadmill; 4% incline, 6mph
- 1 minute walking lunges
- 1 minute burpees (these kick. my. butt)
- 1 minute squats
- 1 minute full effort jumping rope
- 1 minute plank
I was definitely starting to feel it by the time those 30 minutes were up, and after cooling down with some stretching, I couldn’t wait to dig into…
Feel Good #4: Post-workout feasting! Grec = Greek and Fraise = strawberry, for all the non French and/or Canadian’s out there. As an aside, I probably learned half of the French I know just by reading cereal boxes and other bilingual product labels while I was growing up. But I digress. This was a cookie dough ball (ugh… addiction) and strawberry Greek yogurt eaten straight from the tub.
And no, I didn’t eat the whole thing… although I may or may not have briefly considered it…
Classy, I know. But I didn’t want to be stuck in the kitchen doing dishes when I could be…
Feel Good #5: Relaxing in the sun with a dear friend.
Our deck needs some love. Eesh.
Kaiah (my little pooch) is my tanning buddy. She chooses to lay in the sun when she could very well pick a nice spot in the shade. Nothing like being out in the sun with a fur coat on, right? 😯
Feel Good #6: Using Christmas dishes in the middle of May.
Yes, that’s Rudolph under my toast. Yes, I’m aware that Christmas was five months ago.
Feel Good #7: Blogging. I can’t believe how happy I’ve been with my decision to start blogging again. I love writing and being able to connect with people, and a huge smile spreads across my face any time I see a new comment on one of my posts, or a new face that I haven’t seen before. The other day, the lovely lady over at Czech Vegan even hit me up with an award, which definitely put a smile on my face. See?
I’m a shy smiler… and please excuse the glare/laptop quality photo – I’m still a bit too lazy to set up self-timed shots on the DSLR. Anywho. Along with the award came a few rules. Hey, nothing in life is free 😉
- Write 3 things you like about your looks
- Write 3 things you appreciate about your personality
- Write about something you find beautiful in other people.
- Award as many others as you like, and let them know!
. – . – . – .
- Smile? I’m already smiling! (see above ^^)
- Looks? My eyes, my light dusting of freckles, and the fact that I look a lot younger than I actually am (which I’ll probably appreciate even more when I’m older and not getting ID’d all the time 🙄)
- Personality wise? I love that I’m kind-hearted and non-judgmental towards others, and that I regularly take the time to stop and reflect on the world around me.
- Others? I think those who respect others and aren’t afraid to be themselves are beautiful.
- … I refuse to do this one; there are just too many! So, if you’re reading this, consider yourself awarded and take some time to think about the things that you love about yourself 😀
Feel Good #8: Chick-lit.
Guilty pleasures. Admit it. Sometimes there’s just nothing like it…
Feel Good #9: Taking the time to stop and smell the flowers…
. – . – . – .
So that was my Feel Good Friday. Nothing extraordinary – just a bunch of little things that added up. I used to think that happiness only came with something big; that I would only be happy when [insert any event here]. And, sure, it would happen and I’d be happy – at least for a little while. But the happiness usually faded and I’d be left waiting for that next big thing to happen so that I could be happy again.
These days, I try and pay more attention to the simpler pleasures in life. Sure, a delicious bowl of oatmeal or a good book don’t compare to, say, winning the lottery, but they have their value, all the same. In the end, it’s not what happens, but the attitude you approach it with that makes all the difference.
. – . – . – .
What made you feel good today?
Any fun plans this weekend?