Happy #thinkingoutloud Thursday! No idea what I’m going on about? Click here!
1. Just a quick heads up for all my blogger friends who are looking to go self-hosted this year! Bluehost* is having a pretty sweet sale to kick off the new year, and from now until January 31 at 11:59 EST, you can sign up for awesome web hosting for as low as $3.95 per month — that’s less than a fancy cup of coffee from Starbucks! So if you’ve been thinking about starting a blog or switching over to self-hosting, now is definitely a great time to do it! You can check out this post to see why I recommend it, or head over to Bluehost* to learn more.
(* affiliate links — thanks so much for your support!)
2. Aaaaaand if you’re not a blogger or currently in the market for a new self-hosting company, then maybe I can interest you in a smoothie instead? I recently whipped up this Honey Oat Strawberry Smoothie for Savory Style, and I kind of think you should go check it out because the combination of honey, oats, strawberries, and banana is basically to.die.for.
3. As are these adorable heart-shaped page markers/bookmarts that you can make from Post-It notes.
Remember how I mentioned that my new Erin Condren planner has been inspiring all sorts of creativity in me? Well, I’ve been Googling, YouTubing, and Pinteresting DIY craft and decoration ideas like a madwoman lately, and I came across this DIY Crafts with Post-It Notes video which included those little hearts (starts around the 5 minute mark). Needless to say, I currently have about 50 of them lying around (they’re fun to make!), and I’ve been putting them everywhere.
4. On the topic of planners, check out this gem that I came across while looking through some old things at my parents’ place this past weekend…
My old Dinky Diary! Aka: what was probably the first planner/diary I ever kept. This guy dates all the way back to 1993 (I was 8 years old), and includes precious gems like…
Oh.Man 😆 😆 😆
5. In other throwback news, Smells Like Teen Spirit (which was released in 91!!) came on the radio while I was in my car the other day and I’m not ashamed to admit that I had a full-blown, one-(wo)man, head-bangin’ dance party/rock concert right then and there. Helloooooo anthem of my overly-dramatic teenage (angst) years.
6. Back to present day. I bought an electric milk frother. I was using a hand-held one for a little over a year prior to that, but it wasn’t really giving me the kind of froth that I wanted… so I splurged on a Milk Café from Breville. Socks = rocked. Nothing like being able to make a creamy almond milk cappuccino or latte from the comfort of your own home. Foam for dayssssssss.
7. And while we’re on the topic of handy, dandy technology, can someone please invent a Ctrl+F (aka: find) function for our eyeballs? So that it’s easier to locate the things we need in textbooks? It’s kind of sad to admit the extent of my reliance on computers, but I may or may not have thought to myself “oh, I’ll just ctrl+F it” on more than one occasion while reading a textbook… only to realize that I.can’t.do.that.
8. I can’t handle the ending to Golden Son either. Am I seriously supposed to wait another year to find out what happens with an ending like that?! I might have to try my luck at bribing Brown for some deets because oh.my.god I want to know now. I’m not good with cliffhangers, and this most definitely left me hanging.
9. I also want to know who’s going to Blend Retreat this year! Registration opened up this past Sunday, and after having such a great time last year, I decided I’d be heading back again this year. So let me know if you’re going because I want to meet ALL the bloggers!
10. Until then, you can find me in the mountains. I’ll be heading up again this weekend to go snowboarding and partake in some Jasper in January festivities, and I can.not.WAIT.
No questions… just tell me whatever comes to your mind! 😀