Honey I’m hooooome! 😀
I missed your lovely faces! Sorry for going MIA a little longer than intended, but I got home late Monday night after a long 14-hour drive, and it was all I could do to keep from passing out on my doorstep. Whistler was ah.maze.ing and I’ll do my best to put together a recap post for you guys soon, but I took a tonne of pictures so it might take me a little while to sort through those. Eep.
Until then, let’s play catch up and talk monthly favourites. BUT! Instead of just talking about my favourites from August, I’ll be talking about my favourites from the past year. If you remember, I did the exact same thing this last year with a Best of the Best favourites post, and while I know it makes more sense to do one of these things at the end of the year, I just so happened to write my very first monthly favourites post in August of 2012, so the favourites year kind of operates on that calendar…
So without further ado, here’s a collection of the favourites I mentioned in the last year that I’m still loving/using to this day. I’ll keep the commentary to a minimum since there’s a lot to get through, so click on over to the actual post if you want to hear my full thoughts!
Kabocha squash — September 2013.
Hands down my favourite squash. So incredibly sweet and crumbly when roasted.
Snack plates — January 2014.
The reason I no longer hate lunch. A perfect way to satisfy all my cravings in one go.
Batiste dark and deep brown dry shampoo — July 2014.
I only wash my hair about 2-3 times a week to keep it from drying out, so I love this between washes… especially since the added colour helps keep my hair from turning grey.
The Book Thief – September 2013 || A Dance with Dragons – November 2013
The Fault in Our Stars – January 2014 || Red Rising – February 2014
Blood Song – March 2014 || Graceling – April 2014
Throne of Glass series — May 2014. || The Under the Never Sky series — July 2014.
August was huge for Spoons — the best month yet! And it wasn’t half bad for me either 😉
- My Banana Oat Greek Yogurt Muffins have now been pinned 130k times and were also featured on Buzzfeed. Woop!
- Buzzfeed also featured 3 of my smoothie recipes in their dorm room roundup, as well as 2 of my recipes in their blender roundup. And Huffington Post picked up my Healthy Rice Krispie Squares. Double woop!
- Spoons hit over 3000 likes on Facebook and over 2000 followers on Bloglovin. Love.you.guys.
- Spoons also celebrated it’s second birthday, where I announced that blogging has become more than just a hobby for me and shared some tips on how to take your blog to the next level.
- Spoonified recipes included:
- And the icing on the cake was beginning and ending the month with a few trips to the mountains.
Here’s to an even more awesome September! 😀