. thinking out loud #90 .

by Amanda @ .running with spoons. on August 7, 2014

Happy #thinkingoutloud Thursday! No idea what I’m going on about? Click here!

Thinking-Out-Loud

1. Before I left for my trip, I had all these high hopes of taking lots of food pics so that I could share a camping-style What I Ate Wednesday with you guys… buuuuuut as you probably already guessed, that didn’t end up happening. The only food pics I did end up snapping were these two…

Cafe Mondo Latte
Cafe Mondo Pizza

… which honestly felt like gourmet meals after mornings of straight black coffee and afternoons of plain bread with almond butter and jam. That being said, even those things tasted pretty amazing out in the fresh air…

2. Nope! Wait, I lied. I did manage one more food pic…

Trail Snack

Cinnamon roasted almonds, chocolate chips, and raisins — never leave home without it :D

3. Where I failed on the food front, though, I more than made up for on scenery… so let’s get to recapping!

4. Day 1′s highlight included a hike through Maligne Canyon

Maligne Canyon2

Maligne Canyon3

Maligne Canyon4

Maligne Canyon5

Maligne Canyon6

Maligne Canyon7

Maligne Canyon8

It pains me to admit that, despite the fact that I’ve been to Jasper more times than I can count in my 29 years of life, this was the first time I actually made the trip out to Maligne. I can’t even imagine how many other hidden gems I’ve passed by without even knowing it. Gah! So many things to see…

5. After that, a short drive took us out to Maligne Lake

Maligne Lake

… where we contemplated going on a boat tour for all of about 2 minutes before deciding that 2.5 hours was a little too long to spend on a boat. I don’t know about you guys, but I can handle being on a boat for about 10 minutes before I start getting antsy and tempted to jump overboard. Even if there are plenty of things to see, I need to be able to move around and explore.

6. Day 2′s highlight included a trip up the Japer SkyTram

Jasper SkyTram

… which offered some pretty amazing views of Jasper and the surrounding mountain ranges…

Jasper from Above

Whistler Mountain Top

Whistler Mountain Top2

As well as a hike through an alpine tundra to the top of Whistler’s Mountain…

Whistlers Trail

Whistlers Trail2

Whistlers Trail3

Rock Man

7. Holy.snap this recap is getting long :shock: Almost done — promise!

8. So… white water rafting…

White Water Rafting

Rafting the Fraser

Jasper Rafting

Such a rush. This was my fourth (maybe fifth?) time going, and I freaking love it. Definitely something I recommend everyone experience if they get the chance.

9. Also… if you ever volunteer to be part of the safety demonstration, be prepared to get very close to your guide. Not that I’m complaining… Safety first! ;)

Rafting Safety

10. And to finish things off, we took a trip out to the Columbia Icefields on Day 3 to take a walk on the Athabasca Glacier before making the trip back home…

Athabasca Glacier

Athabasca Glacier3

Athabasca Glacier2

Athabasca Glacier4

And that’s that! It’s kind of hard to believe that we managed to do all that over the course of three days, but that would explain why I haven’t been able to get enough food in me lately! Now to start planning my next trip with the fam… We were thinking of heading out to BC again, so if anyone has any suggestions for must-see places, let me know!

Thinking-Out-Loud2

Signature

No questions… just tell me whatever comes to your mind! :D

More places to find me!
E-mail — runwithspoons@hotmail.com
Twitter — runwithspoons
Facebook — runningwithspoons
Pinterest — runwithspoons
Instagram — runwithspoons
Bloglovin — runningwithspoons

1 Shashi @ RunninSrilankan August 7, 2014 at 2:28 am

Oh heavens Amanda – my breath has been taken away – thank you for the pictures of Maligne Canyon/Lake, Jasper and Whistler Mtn…errr…and the guide ;). All I can say is WOW!
Sounds like you had a truly awe-inspiring trip!
So…how long do you think it’s gonna take for you and the fami to drive down to Atlanta, Georgia? Because that’s my suggestion for y’all…
Shashi @ RunninSrilankan recently posted..Mystery Shake Ingredient Reveal…My Profile

2 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 7, 2014 at 12:00 pm

Wellllllll…. Google Maps tells me that it’s about 3,789 km, so… about 37 hours :P

3 Pip {Cherries & Chisme} August 7, 2014 at 2:38 am

Aw mannn now I want to go to Canada even more!! Still dreaming of my big Northern America adventure… I even looked up flights to LA the other day…and then quickly closed the screen when I saw the price :(
Looks like the ideal weekend! Definitely an excuse to stock up on food now as well ;) (not that you need an excuse ha but you catch my drift!)
Pip {Cherries & Chisme} recently posted..{WIAW} Whole 30 – Day 1My Profile

4 Khushboo August 7, 2014 at 2:46 am

Er whaaat- is this real life! The pics especially from Maligne Canyon look incredible…even the white water rafting! As much as I’d love for you to come visit, I think we’ll have to meet in your hood- so much beauty! Random question- what camera do you use? Am looking to buy a new one so if you have any recommendations/advice, please share :)!
Khushboo recently posted..Sick week recapMy Profile

5 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 7, 2014 at 12:01 pm

You know I’d be up for the ice oaf you coming to visit :D And I use a Canon EOS7D. It’s a little bit on the pricier side, but it’s all sorts of amazing. I’ve heard people rave about the Canon Rebel, though, so that might be one to look into as well!

6 Khushboo August 7, 2014 at 11:55 pm

Thanks so much – gonna check both out :)!
Khushboo recently posted..Sick week recapMy Profile

7 Lauren August 7, 2014 at 2:51 am

Those pictures are beautiful. Canada looks absolutely stunning. It is definitely on my travel bucket list!
Lauren recently posted..What Do You Like To See On a Bright-Full Life?My Profile

8 Arman @ thebigmansworld August 7, 2014 at 3:04 am

Wow, you literally experienced 1000+1 seasons in this weekend….wow, just wow. The pictures are beautiful and RAFTING!!!!

I’d probably sit in that tram and just go up and down and up and down.

and up and down.
Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted..Diets are individualised…and I like it.My Profile

9 Charlotte @ Commitness to Fitness August 7, 2014 at 3:07 am

Oh wow- those photos are amazing!! I like that stone dude at the top of the mountain. And lol way to volunteer for that safety demonstration – safety first indeed ;) Now I want to go camping :)
Charlotte @ Commitness to Fitness recently posted..If Socrates Had Been A Blogger (Thinking Out Loud/ Top 8 List)My Profile

10 Allie August 7, 2014 at 3:25 am

Holy wow!!!! SO many amazing views and yes, I also want to jump overboard if I’m “trapped” on a boat too long. BC is absolutely on my list of places I will go…when the kids are older :-) Going camping in Maine next week. Somehow I think it will be a little less dramatic…
Allie recently posted..Why I Shouldn’t Go Trail Running (Guest Post with Miss Zippy)My Profile

11 Michele @paleorunningmomm August 7, 2014 at 3:27 am

Great photos, thanks for sharing! The rafting looks really awesome :)

12 Brynn August 7, 2014 at 3:31 am

Your pictures are AMAZING! I feel as though I am on the trip with you. Wow! Looks like an amazing time. Not that your nut, chocolate and raisin picture isn’t great, too. ;)
Brynn recently posted..The Big AMy Profile

13 Hollie August 7, 2014 at 3:43 am

Holy Moly, yeah those photos are absolutely lovely and thank you for sharing. It looks like you had a great time. You always take the best vacations. I’m so jealous!
Hollie recently posted..Enjoying a Simple Healthy LifeMy Profile

14 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 7, 2014 at 12:04 pm

That’s only because I don’t talk about getting eaten by mosquitos, waking up freezing in the middle of the night, or having to stop and use literally one of the dirtiest gas station bathrooms that I’ve ever seen :lol: There’s always some bad with the good… I guess it all depends what you focus on.

15 Alicia August 7, 2014 at 4:05 am

Such beautiful pictures!! Now I want to go camping and especially out west. Looks like you covered a lot in just a 3 day trip, which is awesome! Love those kind of trips!!
Alicia recently posted..Thinking Out Loud #2My Profile

16 TiffLovesweatandbeers August 7, 2014 at 4:12 am

So beautiful!! I want to see that place in person.

17 Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely August 7, 2014 at 4:36 am

Your photos are gorgeous! I can’t get over how pretty everything is! And the picture of the safety demo is hilarious!
Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely recently posted..Thinking Out Loud #22My Profile

18 Carla August 7, 2014 at 4:43 am

Those pics are beautiful! Especially the first Canyon. Makes me wonder what I’m missing here in STL. You just never know if you don’t take the time to look for these things.

That is a lot for three days! Have fun trying to get your calorie count up. :)
Carla recently posted..I Eat Like a Toddler and Other Random ConfessionsMy Profile

19 Susie @ Suzlyfe August 7, 2014 at 4:47 am

The only word that can be used is the following: stunning.
Just. Wow.
Susie @ Suzlyfe recently posted..Currently Thinking (Out Loud)My Profile

20 Laura @ Raise Your Garden August 7, 2014 at 5:40 am

Stunning pictures Amanda, you must have had a wonderful time! My heart always goes a little pitter patter thinking about mountains and white water rafting and hiking! Carrying the kids in a backpack is a great workout too =) Glad you enjoyed your trip. And I know it’s random, but don’t you just love pizza and fruit, it’s the best I think!!!
Laura @ Raise Your Garden recently posted..Build A Cheap Raised Bed From PalletsMy Profile

21 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 7, 2014 at 12:06 pm

It’s definitely a good combo! But only when eaten separately — I still can’t get behind the idea of eating pizza ON fruit, unless we’re talking dessert pizza :)

22 Jenna August 7, 2014 at 5:40 am

Those photos are amazing!! Looks like you had a great time, I want to go!
Jenna recently posted..thinking out loud thursday #12My Profile

23 GiselleR @ Diary of an ExSloth August 7, 2014 at 5:43 am

Awesome pics!
I live in Waterloo which is as flat as can be so it’s so strange to see actual mountains in Canada haha Strange that mountains are one of the things I missed when I moved here from Trinidad although I always used to complain about living on a hill back home lol
GiselleR @ Diary of an ExSloth recently posted..Garlic Shrimp Pasta with Roasted BeetsMy Profile

24 Christine August 7, 2014 at 5:49 am

Wow, amazing pictures!!! What a fantastic trip!
Christine recently posted..Thinking Out LoudMy Profile

25 Ella August 7, 2014 at 6:09 am

Beautiful pics, girl! Just FYI, in #6, it says “Japer” where I think you meant to say “Jasper.” Looks like you had an awesome time!
We went on a week-long cruise a couple of years ago that stopped several places in Alaska and 1 stop in Canada (Victoria, I think). The scenery looks really similar (read: breathtakingly incredible) to some waterfalls we sailed by en route.
Ella recently posted..Quick and Easy Healthy Breakfast Ideas for Summer!My Profile

26 Jo @ Living Mint Green August 7, 2014 at 6:14 am

Problem. I’ve never been to Jasper. It’s on ‘my list’ and I’m hoping to make it there within the next couple weeks. I also want to do the skywalk even though it’s super touristy.
Jo @ Living Mint Green recently posted..It’s hard to believe this exists.My Profile

27 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 7, 2014 at 12:11 pm

Never? :shock: But it’s so close to you! Jasper itself isn’t as pretty as Banff, but the surrounding area is gorgeous — a lot more wild. And the Icefields Parkway is SUCH a gorgeous drive. You need to make the trip, stat!

28 Lucie@FitSwissChick August 7, 2014 at 6:18 am

I can hardly handle those views. So. freaking. beautiful.
And I NEED to go river rafting, never done that before! I hope it’s possible to check out the guide beforehand :-)
Lucie@FitSwissChick recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday and an important questionMy Profile

29 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 7, 2014 at 6:18 am

And this is why I need to go west. Go hiking with me? ;-)
I want to go white water rafting but I’m a horrible swimmer and I’m pretty sure I’d die. Although, I’d be more than ok with that guide saving my life (AH! I’m allowed to say things like that guilt-free now!)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Getting Back to Strength Training.My Profile

30 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 7, 2014 at 12:12 pm

:lol: Youuuuuu. And sadly, people hardly ever fly out of the raft :( I was kind of hoping it would be rough enough to pop me out, but they make sure to keep you nice and secure.

31 Brittany August 7, 2014 at 6:18 am

Absolutely AMAZING pictures!!! Wow, breathtaking.

32 Erin @ The Almond Eater August 7, 2014 at 6:19 am

Hhaha um YEAHHHH safety first–hot damn. That plus that Sky Tram which looks awesome. Beautiful pics lady.
Erin @ The Almond Eater recently posted..Chili Lime CornMy Profile

33 Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine August 7, 2014 at 6:41 am

All of those pictures are amazing! White water rafting looks kind of scary. I went when I was like 10 and wasn’t scared of anything but I don’t know if I would do it again!
Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted..TOL #14: The Beach, Blogging, and RunningMy Profile

34 Jen @ Pretty Little Grub August 7, 2014 at 7:03 am

I love the Maligne canyone so pretty but I’ve never done the ice fields.

35 Emily Joseph August 7, 2014 at 7:18 am

White water rafting is so much fun! I went a few years ago and went on the “baby” path (versus the more intense course). I think I can step it up next time ;) Cinnamon roasted almonds…homemade?!?
Emily Joseph recently posted..TOL: Sunsets and SneakersMy Profile

36 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 7, 2014 at 12:13 pm

Not these ones, unfortunately! I took the lazy route and got them from the store. Too hot to turn the stove on!

37 Chelsea August 7, 2014 at 7:22 am

Lovveee the trip photos!
Chelsea recently posted..Thinking Out Loud Thursday / #BattenVEDA : 8/7/14My Profile

38 Ang @ Nutty for Life August 7, 2014 at 7:25 am

Wow. I can’t even handle how beautiful that is. All of it. Looks like an absolutely amazing trip. And whitewater rafting! I applaud you. I’m way too scared to do that!
Ang @ Nutty for Life recently posted..Thinking Out Loud: Weird EditionMy Profile

39 Kim @ FITsique August 7, 2014 at 7:30 am

What amazing pictures. The mountains make my heart happy even if I only get to live them through someone else for a little bit!
Kim @ FITsique recently posted..Drop the ScaleMy Profile

40 Davida @ The Healthy Maven August 7, 2014 at 7:30 am

It’s actually shameful how little of Canada I have seen. When people are like ‘I hear Canada is beautiful!” I’m like “really? the hobos outside my window and the CN tower aren’t that pretty…” And then I remember Banff and am reminded that maybeeeee I should consider everything outside Toronto as part of Canada lol
Davida @ The Healthy Maven recently posted..{Blogging As A Business} Yes, I Am A Full-Time Blogger.My Profile

41 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 7, 2014 at 12:13 pm

Maaaaaaaybe you need to come out here and visit us Alberta folk ;)

42 Miss Polkadot August 7, 2014 at 7:34 am

Oh wow. Those are some stunning views out there. While I grew up in the countryside I’ve never seen nature like that. If I ever manage to travel to Canada that’s where I want to go. Minus the wild water rafting, though. I might be an Aquarius but those kind of water activities scare me like crazy.
Miss Polkadot recently posted..Small [talk], big [happiness impact]My Profile

43 Emma @ Life's A Runner August 7, 2014 at 7:39 am

We are roadtripping to Vancouver at the end of August, and are planning on hiking in Jasper for a break – and definitely will be checking out Maligne! Also, Revelstoke – if you get a chance, I would definitely recommend popping in there. One of my absolute favourite places!
Emma @ Life’s A Runner recently posted..Thinking Out Loud: SCARY Post Long Run + 18th Birthday!My Profile

44 Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne August 7, 2014 at 7:43 am

Cinnamon almonds, raisins, and chocolate….ugh sounds so good! Especially since I drown my pancakes in cinnamon right now haha. And that water is so gorgeous!! I just want to jump in!! I mean probably not though because it’s cold haha. And white water rafting??? Lucky! That is still on my bucket list…one day :)
Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted..Yoga Obsessedd { TOL #21 & Healthy Habits }My Profile

45 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More August 7, 2014 at 7:53 am

That canyon OHEMGEE…so freaking gorgeous!!!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..The Unexpected Benefit of CrossFitMy Profile

46 Caitlin August 7, 2014 at 8:02 am

Ok I’m not a huge mountain person, but you just made me want to go camping real bad haha. Everything you guys saw looks absolutely gorgeous, especially those waterfalls. And the mountain range climbs look like something out of lord of the rings, which I’ve been on a kick with again (comfort movie at its finest for me), which would make me climb it in a heartbeat :)
Caitlin recently posted..Life HappensMy Profile

47 Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves August 7, 2014 at 8:10 am

Oh my goodness, everything is GORGEOUS! So glad to see that you had a beautiful trip. I would loveee to go white water rafting one day! Actually, I would love to go to western Canada to visit you and Jo and just do all things nature there.
Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..Behind the Scenes #27: I Hurt Myself Doing YogaMy Profile

48 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 7, 2014 at 12:14 pm

Just say when! :D

49 Brooke@SweetnSweaty August 7, 2014 at 8:19 am

Amazing! Thanks for sharing the beautiful views so I can live vicariously through your adventure!!!
Brooke@SweetnSweaty recently posted..Remember That One Time Wednesday!My Profile

50 Lindsay August 7, 2014 at 8:28 am

Hunky guides and mountains trumph food pics to me

51 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat August 7, 2014 at 8:43 am

Wow, what absolutely breathtaking scenery! I can only imagine how incredible it looks in person!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Evoke Healthy Foods Muesli ReviewMy Profile

52 angela August 7, 2014 at 9:03 am

Amanda,
I live in BC and recently went to check out the new Squamish Sea to Sky Gondola. You ride the gondola up the mountain (I rode the gondola, but… if you choose to, you can hike the “Chief”, but be prepared to hike for more than 4 hours….). There was an amazing view and a scenic trail on top of the mountain! I’d highly recommend, especially since it’s on the way to Whistler on the Sea to Sky highway.

53 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 7, 2014 at 12:17 pm

Thanks so much for the suggestion, Angela! I just Googled it, and it’s a little out of the way of the route we were planning on taking, but maaaaaybe I can convince my parents to make a little detour, because it looks absolutely stunning!

54 Jen @ Chase the Red Grape August 7, 2014 at 9:07 am

Looks beautiful!
I have been white water rafting and did enjoy it – although it was February, Scotland and absolutely freezing! I was so scared about going over the side of the boat… Then again even if it was summer I would still be scared of going overboard!
Jen @ Chase the Red Grape recently posted..Foodie Anniversary Dinner!My Profile

55 Ms.J August 7, 2014 at 9:31 am

Ahh you’ve given me hiking-lust; I’d settle for scenery half as beautiful as Canada’s ;) – the magical gorgeousness bouncing off these photos are enough to make me believe your winters’ are worth it.
Ms.J recently posted..Thinking Out Loud #27My Profile

56 Amanda @ Diary of a Semi-Health Nut August 7, 2014 at 9:38 am

Oh my golly girl it looks like you had a blast! So much outdoor time!! I enjoyed being outside this weekend but am realizing that although I LOVE being outside…
a. my allergies hate me and attack me for two straight days after a weekend outside
b. mosquitos love me and I get a nice large welt from each bite.

I tried whitewater rafting a long time ago and remember it really was a rush! I felt like we could tip over at any time but it was so fun and the scenery was gorgeous!!
Amanda @ Diary of a Semi-Health Nut recently posted..Weekend Treats, Trying New Things + Blog TrafficMy Profile

57 Ganeeban August 7, 2014 at 9:42 am

I am NOT a camper, but those views are amazing. Thanks for sharing the pis, they are gorgeous! Have a great rest of the week! xoxo, ganeeban
Ganeeban recently posted..Thinking Out Loud – Perceived RealityMy Profile

58 Brittany August 7, 2014 at 9:53 am

SHUUUTTUPPP!! This is SO MY VACATION. I LOVE it, I want to go on this trip right now. Those cinnamon nuts look so bomb, perfect for exploration fuel. I am seriously swooning over ALL of these photos. That rock built man is the best trail marker I’ve ever seen.
Brittany recently posted..Garden Harvest – Summer Veggie Salad RecipeMy Profile

59 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 7, 2014 at 12:18 pm

Don’t -even- get me started on how jealous all of YOUR hiking trips make me! I’m falling in love with being on the mountains, which I why I seriously need to move!

60 Casey @ Casey the College Celiac August 7, 2014 at 9:59 am

Looks like an amazing adventure! We’ve all been having some fun traveling this summer, haven’t we? Making memories! (and appetites…)
Casey @ Casey the College Celiac recently posted..Happy: Houston HighlightsMy Profile

61 Christine@ Apple of My Eye August 7, 2014 at 10:13 am

Hahaha I definitely wouldn’t mind having some safety demonstrations done on me with that guide. All in the name of safety, of course ;). Andddd such gorgeous pictures! We need to trade places sometime so I can get more of the mountains. I’ll fork over the ocean for a while ;)!
Christine@ Apple of My Eye recently posted..Thinking Out LoudMy Profile

62 Leslie @ Life Begins at 30? August 7, 2014 at 10:35 am

Beautiful scenery!! Great job on those pics. :) I love white water rafting. We went a lot when I was a kid. I need to go back!
Leslie @ Life Begins at 30? recently posted..Peek!My Profile

63 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries August 7, 2014 at 10:37 am

Wow, wow, wow! These photos are just INCREDIBLE! Looks like you had an amazing time. Love river rafting!!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..How to Get the Best Results from BodyPumpMy Profile

64 Ange @ Cowgirl Runs August 7, 2014 at 10:47 am

I’m so jealous of your weekend! I’ve never been to Jasper, never gone white water rafting AND never been to the glaciers.
They’re all on my list, but sadly, might have to wait until next summer.
Bloggy meetup in Jasper? :)
Ange @ Cowgirl Runs recently posted..Just do your bestMy Profile

65 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 7, 2014 at 12:19 pm

You know I’d be down for that! :D Just say when!

66 Heather @fitncookies August 7, 2014 at 11:05 am

What a beautiful trip! I missed out on knowing you were going away since I was away, but I loved seeing all the beauty you were surrounded with. I have never been white water rafting. I went spalunking, but yet white water rafting scares me, lol. I don’t know how that really equals out. I love the water, but I’m afraid I’ll fall off and die!
Heather @fitncookies recently posted..Our 1st AnniversaryMy Profile

67 Alysia @ Slim Sanity August 7, 2014 at 11:45 am

Beautiful pictures! Man, I could really go for a weekend in the wilderness right now! Maybe I’ll just have to settle for a ‘technology free’ weekend instead… :)
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..Diabetes in the United StatesMy Profile

68 Cassie August 7, 2014 at 11:52 am

Your trip looks amazing! There was a small chance that I was going to get to go to Alberta for work but I think that chance is now 0… so jealous, it looks BEAUTIFUL!!
Cassie recently posted..Blueberry and Fig Overnight OatmealMy Profile

69 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 7, 2014 at 12:19 pm

Waaaaah! I would have loved to have a chance to meet ya!

70 Melissa @ Mango About Town August 7, 2014 at 11:54 am

I’ve been to the Colombia Icefields! They’re breathtaking!
Melissa @ Mango About Town recently posted..WIAW: The one after a long weekendMy Profile

71 Lis August 7, 2014 at 11:59 am

If you’re thinking of heading to B.C. you MUST go to Whistler; it’s just outside of Vancouver and it’s stunning!

72 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 7, 2014 at 6:27 pm

It is! I’ve been snowboarding there in the winter, but never seen it in the summer. I’d love to go!

73 Rina August 7, 2014 at 1:45 pm

My parents were up at the Columbia Ice Fields over the weekend too :)
Rina recently posted..Thursday Thoughts #4 | Feelings about SuccessMy Profile

74 Liz @ Carpe Diem and Run August 7, 2014 at 2:45 pm

Amazing photos! I love your pictures of the waterfall <3
Liz @ Carpe Diem and Run recently posted..I Have Come Back to Life & Wave Week Villanova RecapMy Profile

75 Becky @ Olives n Wine August 7, 2014 at 4:59 pm

You have me cracking up with the getting close to your guide comment! What were you doing there, Ms. Amanda?! ;) I’m so glad you had such a great time!
Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted..Bullying sucks.My Profile

76 Bridget August 7, 2014 at 5:13 pm

Looks like such a beautiful trip. I want to camp in Canada! I’ve heard the wildlife is incredible!!
Bridget recently posted..Door County 2014 Recap! (Part 1)My Profile

77 Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food August 7, 2014 at 5:16 pm

White water rafting is a total rush! It’s been over 10 years since I went, but I absolutely loved it. It was also completely terrifying, but worth the experience. Love all your pics!
Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food recently posted..Impromptu Date NightMy Profile

78 Lauren @ ihadabiglunch August 7, 2014 at 5:18 pm

That canyon is breathtaking. I really have been craving going somewhere lately that will take my breath away. Not a city, but something absolutely majestic. This is gorgeous!

Also, that combo of cinnamon roasted almonds, chocolate chips, and raisins looks great. I do almonds/raisins and chocolate all the time but cinnamon roasted almonds would just take it to the next level.
Lauren @ ihadabiglunch recently posted..My Personal Journey to Health + 10 Year Olds Are More Afraid Of Getting Fat Than CancerMy Profile

79 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health August 7, 2014 at 6:25 pm

Breathtaking!! You live in such a beautiful part of the world.
I love the pic of you with the guide too, haha. Oh my.
I’ve been white water rafting twice and the second time I fell out and got stock in a rapid.
The guide kept yelling for me to put my feet up- yeah, easier said then done. I eventually bobbed out of it but it was scary! I’d do it again though.
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..Sundried Tomato Pesto PizzaMy Profile

80 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 7, 2014 at 6:51 pm

“I’d do it again though.” < – LOVE that! Is it weird that I was kind of secretly hoping to be tossed out of the raft? So I’m kind of jealous :P

81 Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate August 7, 2014 at 6:34 pm

So this trip looks like an absolute blast. And gorgeous (guide + scenery). Also, that is the perfect trail mix combo by far.
Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate recently posted..July FavoritesMy Profile

82 Laur August 7, 2014 at 6:40 pm

These views are amazing!!! I want to go white water rafting so badly! Did your family ever take a trip to Niagara Falls (since you’re a Canadian ;) or is that really far from you??

83 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 10, 2014 at 5:56 am

It’s actually aaaaaaaall the way on the other side of Canada, but I did take a trip out there about… I wanna say 10 or 12 years ago? Seriously gorgeous.

84 Natalie @ lovenataliemarie August 7, 2014 at 8:07 pm

GIRL! I would love to go there one day. My law literally dropped when I saw all of those beautiful views! Definitely on my travel bucket list. I am so happy to see you had a fun and beautiful time. I just love nature. ^_^
Natalie @ lovenataliemarie recently posted..Letting GoMy Profile

85 Emily August 7, 2014 at 8:56 pm

Okay, I’m dying over all of the photography in this post. I can’t even begin to tell you how jealous I am.

If I wasn’t already feeling claustrophobic in LA, I definitely am now. I need a vacation like that. It’s amazing what a little fresh air and nature can do, isn’t it?

PS: Sorry for being so MIA– still reading regularly, of course. xo
Emily recently posted..favorites: july 2014My Profile

86 Erin @ SnapbacksandRacingFlats August 7, 2014 at 9:19 pm

Wow! You’re trip looks beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing those photos. I’m glad you had a good time =)
Erin @ SnapbacksandRacingFlats recently posted..Thinking Out Loud 8.7.2014 – I’m All Over The PlaceMy Profile

87 Chelsea @chelseasmessyapron August 8, 2014 at 5:19 am

I am SO jealous of that hike and white water rafting – both look incredible and your photos are simply beautiful. What a great shot of all the fun you had and the beautiful area. Seriously how did you take that picture with all that water splashing up? It’s amazing Amanda!!
Chelsea @chelseasmessyapron recently posted..{30-minute} Triple-Decker Fudgy Chocolate Waffle PieMy Profile

88 Sabrina @ Living, Learning, Eating August 8, 2014 at 6:52 am

Gorgeous trips! I’m going to Hawaii next month and CAN’T WAIT for some nature after moving to NYC directly post-grad – I love it, but it’s a bit much!

89 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 10, 2014 at 5:57 am

Oh girl you’re going to ADORE Hawaii! Which island are you going to?

90 Sabrina @ Living, Learning, Eating August 10, 2014 at 4:36 pm

Honolulu! But we might venture out to some others, as well.
Sabrina @ Living, Learning, Eating recently posted..Sugar-free Chocolate Syrup Giveaway – 4 WinneraMy Profile

91 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 11, 2014 at 11:53 am

Awesome island! I definitely recommend checking out Diamond Head and Manoa Falls!

92 Laura @losingrace August 8, 2014 at 7:59 am

The views from that Tram, oh my word…LOVE! I love rafting, have only been a few times but always so much fun. The first time I went i was pretty young and went rafting in Yellowstone, I tell you what…if you ever get a chance to go there…you’d love it! Glad you had a wonderful trip!
Laura @losingrace recently posted..Brick by BrickMy Profile

93 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 10, 2014 at 5:59 am

We were actually hoping to go down to Yellowstone for our road trip coming up, but everything was mostly booked up so rescheduled to next year. Definitely on my list of places that I want to see!

94 Nicole @ Squash on Squash August 9, 2014 at 6:12 pm

Hey! I just stumbled upon your blog and immediately recognized the Canadian scenery- love it! It’s awesome finding other Canadian bloggers, especially west coasters! Looks like you had a great time :)
Nicole @ Squash on Squash recently posted..Trader Joe’s, You Did It AgainMy Profile

95 Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets August 10, 2014 at 8:41 am

I went hiking with the Hubby yesterday and it reminded me of our hike in Utah, so much so I told the Hubby all about it. We didn’t hike any mountains like these, although we definitely had some changes in elevation so much so my glutes and hammies feel it today.

You’re pictures are fabulous. In fact, I think the rock formation on top of the mountain is doing horse pose. Not the most attractive yoga pose, but effective nonetheless.

I have always wanted to try white water rafting. It sounds like a blast, especially if you get to be the safety example (wink, wink).

96 Kelly @ The Fit Skool August 11, 2014 at 10:27 am

Your pictures are UNBELIEVABLE!! My favorite pic is the white water rafting one with the gorgeous trees and mountains in the background!
Kelly @ The Fit Skool recently posted..Vacay Weekend RecapMy Profile