. thinking out loud #89 .

by Amanda @ .running with spoons. on July 31, 2014

Happy #thinkingoutloud Thursday! No idea what I’m going on about? Click here!

Thinking-Out-Loud

1. We’re just going to get this little bit of embarrassing information out of the way first. The other day, I was trying to decide what shampoo I wanted to wash my hair with. I really had no preference and was pretty much basing my decision entirely on smell, but I guess I must have been feeling a little too enthusiastic because I squeezed one of the bottles a little too hard trying to get a better whiff, and ended up squeezing shampoo up my nose. Classy. It reminded me of the time where I burnt the inside of one of my nostrils smelling soup.

2. Also, I still can’t spell embarrassing. Yup… there’s another squiggly line.

3. I can, however, spell obsessed… which is kind of what I am with this song…

Fancy makes me all sorts of ragey, but I literally canNOT stop listening to Black Widow. So catchy.

4. Either I accidentally swiped Arie’s coffee (even though there was no one else in Bux at the time), or I have an incredibly thick accent that’s impossible to understand (I don’t). I mean…. how else would you get Arie from Amanda? :shock: Oh well — it’s what’s on the inside that counts, and my Americano was super tasty.

Coffee for Arie

5. Also tasty? These Cocoa Banana Nut Popsicles. They’re cool, creamy, and made up of one of the best flavour combinations known to man — chocolate, banana, and almond butter. Check out my latest post over at Savory Style for the recipe!

Banana Nut Pops

6. Also, also tasty? These Sour Patch Kids gums…

Sour Patch Kids Gum

I know they’ve been out for a while, but Canada is super slow when it comes to jumping on foodie bandwagons, and I only just came across these gums a few days ago. I usually prefer minty gums, but I couldn’t resist picking up a couple packs. They’re quite tasty — I like them!

7. That being said, I do not like sour candy in general. Have I ever told you guys about the time where I ate so many sour Skittles that I literally stripped my tongue and throat raw? It legit felt like I had strep throat — I couldn’t swallow without it hurting for like 2 days after that. Never again.

8. So I finished reading Into the Still Blue a couple of days ago, and while I don’t want to go into too much detail since I plan on doing a full review on it in my monthly favourites post tomorrow, I will say that I freaking loved the Under the Never Sky series. So much so that I’m tempted to read it again. And the third book definitely didn’t disappoint me like Allegiant did. Still bitter about that one.

Under the Never Sky Series

9. Kaiah is going to kill me for this one, but can we just take a moment to… appreciate… how ridiculous her legs look when they’re wet?

Kaiah's Skinny Legs

:lol: :lol: And how out of place she looks trying to fetch sticks from the river?

Kaiah in the River

Kaiah with Big Stick

Retriever she is not, but I have a feeling a lot of that has to do with the fact that she doesn’t want to get the upper half of her body wet because she’s self-conscious about looking like a drowned rat :lol: Love her.

Happy Kaiah

10. I’m going camping in the mountains this weekend! Like… tent and sleeping bag camping :D It was kind of a spur of the moment decision, but I’ve been missing the mountains like crazy and the only way I could head up this [long] weekend was if I was okay with roughin’ it in a tent since all the hotels were booked up. I managed to convince a handful of crazies that it’ll be fun, so away we go! Seeing as it’s been about 6 or 7 years since the last time I went camping, time will tell if I made a wise choice… but I have a feeling it’s going to be a good time. That being said, if you don’t hear from me after tomorrow, I may have gotten eaten by a bear or rabid racoon… #prayforspoons.

Thinking-Out-Loud2

Signature

No questions… just tell me whatever comes to your mind! :D

More places to find me!
E-mail — runwithspoons@hotmail.com
Twitter — runwithspoons
Facebook — runningwithspoons
Pinterest — runwithspoons
Instagram — runwithspoons
Bloglovin — runningwithspoons

1 Arman @ thebigmansworld July 31, 2014 at 4:35 am

If you guys just got that gum, it means Australia will get it in 10 years time.

Bye Arie.
Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted..Cheating on the Paleo DietMy Profile

2 Hollie July 31, 2014 at 4:39 am

I ate a ton of sour candy that led to it causing problems to my taste buds as well. I’m glad someone else understands that. Have fun camping this weekend. I haven’t been in ages…and probably won’t be going in ages…
Hollie recently posted..Thinking Out LoudMy Profile

3 Cassie July 31, 2014 at 4:49 am

NOT a fan of sour candy… chocolate candy only. Also, could your pup be ANY cuter? Obsessed.
Cassie recently posted..How to Survive Long Flights [and a Giveaway!]My Profile

4 Miss Polkadot July 31, 2014 at 4:53 am

No matter if she’d give you the stank eye for it – or chew on your favourite pair of shoes if she’s -that- kind of dog :) – but you know I approve of Kaiah’s appearance on the blog.
I wish I liked fantasy books because I’ve gotten some good non-fantasy recommendations from you in the past and am in desperate need of a new good book. Those phases where I pick up one and a million ones from the library and none turn out to be good suck.
On the Sour Patch Kids gum: If Canada got these just now Germany will likely get them… never.
Miss Polkadot recently posted..The Sometimes – Always – Never EditionMy Profile

5 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 31, 2014 at 10:25 am

If it makes you feel any better, I saw those gums once and haven’t seen them ever since. Le boo :(

6 Michele @ paleorunningmomma July 31, 2014 at 4:54 am

You just reminded me about being st the movies as a kid eating sour patch kids and being in excruciating pain! Somehow it wasn’t a good time at the movies without the sour patch pain :)
Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted..Stop Craving Sugar For Good: 5 Steps to Get You There FastMy Profile

7 Tom @ Raise Your Garden July 31, 2014 at 4:56 am

Good for you going camping. My four year old and two year would love to go camping but I don’t know how much sleep we’ll get sleeping in one big tent. Have fun and make a smore for me.
Tom @ Raise Your Garden recently posted..Walnut Leaf TeaMy Profile

8 Khushboo July 31, 2014 at 5:00 am

OMG I just clicked over to the popsicle recipe and it looks dreamy! I just stalked up on almond milk so I want to try this out this weekend! I might have to resort to using ice cube trays, at least until I buy popsicle moulds. Have an amazing time camping this weekend- I hope s’mores are on the menu?
Khushboo recently posted..Currently (July 2014)My Profile

9 Juli @ 1000lovelythings July 31, 2014 at 5:01 am

Haha the exactly same happened to me a few weeks ago when I was choosing a new bodywash. I had a splash of Lemon in my nose. And that made me sneeze. So embarrassing!
Starbucks makes me wonder about my pronouciation as well sometimes. Did you know that Julia seems to sound like Uria or Lydia :-) But never mind as long as we get the desired beverage.
You didn’t like Allegiant? Now I am worried. I am about to finish Insurgent and Allegiant is already waiting on my bookshelf for me.
Have a great weekend and stay away from the bears ;-)
Juli @ 1000lovelythings recently posted..Thinking Out Loud #29 – New Recipes & Last Travel MusingsMy Profile

10 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 31, 2014 at 10:27 am

Ack! Well I know that some people liked it, so maybe you’ll enjoy it as well :) It wasn’t a horrible book, but definitely not as good as the first two and a bit of a letdown in terms of writing and plot.

11 Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets July 31, 2014 at 5:03 am

Kaiah is adorable, even when wet. I can’t wait to check out the popsicles and I wish you much luck and happiness on your camping adventures, not that you’re going to need it, of course. :)

12 Chelsea July 31, 2014 at 5:20 am

Yaaayay comments!! The shampoo thing? Totally done it. I think I sneezed for 2 hours!
Hiii pretty doggy! You’re soo cute!!!

13 Caitlin July 31, 2014 at 5:27 am

Hahaha omg after my last half at North Park, I was hanging out with my parents, drinking some chocolate milk to start refueling. We were talking and whatnot, and I hit that point where you can’t tell if there’s anything left or not, so for some reason I squeezed it…and chocolate milk came squirting out all over my face and shirt. My mum could not stop laughing. So you’re in good company ;) Have a great weekend camping, hun!!
Caitlin recently posted..Thinking Out Loud #25My Profile

14 Brynn July 31, 2014 at 5:36 am

Those Popsicles look amazing! Also I’m so excited for the book thumbs up. I’ve been looking for another series, I’ll give this one a try!
Brynn recently posted..Confessions of a Healthy Living Blogger, VMy Profile

15 Carmy July 31, 2014 at 5:39 am

Can’t spell it either. I just type out embar… and let autoaccorect/suggestion do the rest! Haha
Carmy recently posted..Real Humans – Think out loud #9My Profile

16 Shashi @ RunninSrilankan July 31, 2014 at 5:55 am

Oh my goodness – I am still trying to stop laughing at #1 – sorry lady – but thank you for the morning chuckle!
That popsicle – oh my goodness – I applaud you for having the patience to let it freeze!
With those long long legs, Kaiah could be a model! :)
Happy camping sweet lady – looking forward to the review of Into the Still Blue – I haven’t done any reading this summer but am feeling the itch ….
Shashi @ RunninSrilankan recently posted..Quinoa PB&J Bars!My Profile

17 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 31, 2014 at 10:29 am

Confession: I actually ate (drank?) a lot of the popsicle batter before pouring it into the molds. Gotta make sure it tastes good, right?! :mrgreen:

18 Jo @ Living Mint Green July 31, 2014 at 5:59 am

Have I reminded you lately that your friend Jo works in hospitality and can find you a hotel room. Why do you hate me.

Kidding! I hope it stays nice out this weekend. I have a friend coming to visit me and we’re going adventuring in & around BC/Banff etc. HAVE FUN!!!
Jo @ Living Mint Green recently posted..Thinking Out Loud: 25 Things You {Might Not} Know About MeMy Profile

19 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 31, 2014 at 10:30 am

I hate you because you keep breaking/losing your phones making it impossible to get in touch with you. Who uses e-mail these days?!?!? :P

20 Chelsea @ Chelsea's Healthy Kitchen July 31, 2014 at 5:59 am

We must have had the same Starbucks barista… because I just got an Americano from the kiosk at the airport and she wrote my name as “Kary” hahaha.

Have fun camping this weekend! That’s one of my favourite summer activities, and I haven’t been able to do it often enough this summer!
Chelsea @ Chelsea’s Healthy Kitchen recently posted..I’m off to England!My Profile

21 Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves July 31, 2014 at 6:01 am

The Starbucks employee must have been feeling quite creative (or delusional) that day! But then you could tell people your name is Arie for the day. ;)
I would definitely do something like squirting shampoo up my nose in public. The things we do to smell something good.
Have fun camping, Amanda! Count on me to #prayforspoons!
Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..WIAW: Vacation Day in the LifeMy Profile

22 Jen @ Bagels to Broccoli July 31, 2014 at 6:16 am

I have absolutely done the too many sour candies thing. Miserable.

My husband had surgery on Tuesday for his rotator cuff, so we’ve spent the last three dinners eating out or getting takeout. I’m basically a bloat factory but it was all SO.GOOD – the struggle is real. I don’t have much willpower when it comes to deciding between salad and mac n’ cheese…the choice is always going to be the mac.
Jen @ Bagels to Broccoli recently posted..The Best iPhone & Android Apps for Healthy LivingMy Profile

23 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More July 31, 2014 at 6:16 am

I have NOT seen that sour patch kids gum before…you’re SURE that it’s tasty?! The thought of it is just not quite working for me…. lol
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Progress, NOT PerfectionMy Profile

24 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 31, 2014 at 10:30 am

It tastes pretty much exactly like the candy, just without the pain!

25 Melissa @ Mango About Town July 31, 2014 at 6:25 am

Good luck camping! I’m headed down to Minnesota this weekend to camp as well. It will be less roughing it and more floating down a river with a beverage in my hand.
Melissa @ Mango About Town recently posted..July Foodie Pen Pal Reveal DayMy Profile

26 Kim @ FITsique July 31, 2014 at 6:26 am

Fun fun fun! I keep saying I want to go camping, like legit camping, but I don’t have a tent! Maybe I can come up north and go with you!? Have a great weekend and don’t try to smell the camp fire ;)
Kim @ FITsique recently posted..Fit and Healthy Banana BreadMy Profile

27 Amy @ Long Drive Journey July 31, 2014 at 6:26 am

I’ve never been camping, but it’s one of those things I’ve always wanted to do to break out of my comfort zone. Have fun!
Amy @ Long Drive Journey recently posted..It’s Okay Not to Be…My Profile

28 Jen @ pretty little grub July 31, 2014 at 6:35 am

I just tried those sour patch gum recently too, it’s pretty good but loses its flavour fast. I’m also going camping in the mountains for the long weekend! Where you headed? Jasper area?
Jen @ pretty little grub recently posted..5 reasons makeup artists are expensive (but worth it)My Profile

29 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 31, 2014 at 10:32 am

Girl! How are we always in the same place without ever actually meeting up?! First Vegas and now the mountains? I’ll be heading out to Jasper this time around. Banff for you?

30 Jen @ Pretty Little Grub July 31, 2014 at 10:46 am

ha ha I know! I think we would really get along if we finally meet! I’m heading to Fernie area.

31 Sarah July 31, 2014 at 6:36 am

I have been wanting to make popsicles and toying with ideas for recipes. Your cocoa banana pops are exactly what I am looking for! I will be heading to Target today to purchase popsicle molds. Holy yum!
Happy trails to you on your camping adventure!

32 cait @pieceofcait July 31, 2014 at 6:41 am

Starbucks kills me with the names they produce! SO funny! How is that gum!? I always get sour patch kids and m&ms when in the movies.. once I leave my tongue is like falling off from the SPK ;)
cait @pieceofcait recently posted..Greece // week 3 recap + some thoughts!My Profile

33 megan July 31, 2014 at 6:42 am

I love sour sweets. Once a friend and I ate so much sour candy he vomited. I don’t think he eats it any more but it didn’t stop me! Kaiah looks too cute with those skinny legs. Enjoy your camping trip, I am going home to visit the family – very excited to see everyone!
megan recently posted..Product Review: Parkrun WristbandMy Profile

34 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 31, 2014 at 6:43 am

I haven’t seen that gum yet!! I’m not a huge candy person in general…which I think has something to do with the giant jawbreakers I used to have as a kid which usually left my tongue raw and bleeding. Unpleasant.
And Kaiah is adorable – can I bring Atticus over for a puppy playdate? ;-0
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Rehashing July.My Profile

35 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 31, 2014 at 10:33 am

YES! Make it happen :P

36 Janessa July 31, 2014 at 6:51 am

Aww, Kaiah! I wouldn’t blame her for avoiding getting her entire body wet. :’D
I have never had anyone at Starbucks ask for my name; not in Ohio, not in Indiana, not in Illinois…maybe the Midwest folks have given out too many ‘Voldemort’ and ‘Primrose Everdeen’ pranks. Either way, I would someday like to see what someone misinterprets my name as.
Janessa recently posted..Back Into the Swing of Things + Epic Food Survey Part IMy Profile

37 Ella July 31, 2014 at 6:55 am

I’ve accidentally snorted shampoo so. many. times.
Ella recently posted..Quick and Easy Healthy Breakfast Ideas for Summer!My Profile

38 Mary Frances July 31, 2014 at 7:08 am

Oh Amanda, I am so sorry about the shampoo, but I am cracking up so hard over here! That.is.hilarious. :) Whoa, I’ve never seen that gum before! I am a minty girl too but Sour Patch Kids are candies I actually enjoy. I’ve duly noted the sour skittles though … I had strep throat once. That feeling? Never again. Your dog is too cute. I’m kind of glad human legs don’t do that when they get wet … and that’s just weird, so I’ll transition to I wish I was at the lake right now!
Mary Frances recently posted..Watermelon Pineapple Limeade SlushieMy Profile

39 Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne July 31, 2014 at 7:29 am

I still can’t spell it either, and honestly, I don’t we are ever suppose to know how to spell it hahaha. And omg omg omg! I’m supa dupa obsessed with that song! I made a playlist to run to today and of course I had to put that song first! And yum, I’m going to go pin those, because when I finally get my popsicle molds, I will have something to make, instead of not being able to decide what to make haha.
Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted..Protein Pancake Obsessed { Thinking Out Loud #20 & Healthy Habits }My Profile

40 Lucie@FitSwissChick July 31, 2014 at 7:31 am

I think the Barista wrote Amie? Like Amanda – Amie….? Makes more sense, doesn’t it? Oh well, I was called Lousy lately. Yeah.

Have fun camping!! I admire you. Keep away from those bears, lady!!
Lucie@FitSwissChick recently posted..Chuck out envy, comparison and judgement and be happy.My Profile

41 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 31, 2014 at 10:35 am

Ooo good call on Amie! That honestly might have been it. And I guess that means I’m going to have to leave the honey pot at home. Sad face.

42 Rebecca@Running.Food.Baby. July 31, 2014 at 7:41 am

Have fun camping!!! I’m sure you won’t get eaten by a bear ;-)
Rebecca@Running.Food.Baby. recently posted..Thinking Out Loud Thursday #12My Profile

43 Becky @ Olives n Wine July 31, 2014 at 7:57 am

Oh my goodness, Kaiah! She looks just like a little wolf with her wet legs ;) What a cutie! Have so much fun camping – relax and take in nature. I’m jealous!
Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted..Vegas Dress – I need your help!My Profile

44 dixya@food, pleasure, and health July 31, 2014 at 8:16 am

woah that barista was really upto something. and camping trip sounds awesome! make sure you pack some of that sour gum.
dixya@food, pleasure, and health recently posted..Mango Cardamom Kefir LassiMy Profile

45 Sarah @pickyrunner July 31, 2014 at 8:19 am

I haven’t been camping in years… unless you count boatlife which I kind of do. I hope you have a blast!
Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted..Confessions from BaltimoreMy Profile

46 Emma @ Life's A Runner July 31, 2014 at 8:34 am

Haha, I was just joking in my own TOL post that I can never spell “necessary” –> aaaand, there goes the squiggly line again. I wonder about embarrassing…oh hey I can’t spell that one either! ;)

I don’t know whether to thank you or hate you for the tip about the gum – it looks beyond delicious, but now I want gum! Which I’ve been failing at abstaining from, anyway.
Emma @ Life’s A Runner recently posted..Thinking Out Loud – A Confession.My Profile

47 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 31, 2014 at 10:36 am

If it makes it any easier, I’ll say that while good at first, it loses it’s flavour pretty quickly and turns into that kind of soft goopy mess that you just want to spit out pronto. Don’t buy it :P

48 Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious July 31, 2014 at 8:37 am

Good luck with camping! I’m not brave enough to rough it in the desert ya know just a few snakes, tarantulas and other critters.
Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious recently posted..Frozen Veggie Burgers, Are They Good for You?My Profile

49 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 31, 2014 at 10:40 am

Omg I wouldn’t be either. Heck, I found it hard enough going walking in the desert when I was visiting the Grand Canyon and Red Rock. Thankfully we don’t have any crazy spiders or snakes up here.

50 Erin @ The Almond Eater July 31, 2014 at 8:41 am

The other day I was in Target sniffing deodorants because I was looking to try a new brand and someone walked in on me and just gave me the ‘wtf’ look. I wanted to give HER that look and ask how she decides which deodorant to choose. Hmph. Side: choc+banana IS one of the best flavor combos–hands down.
Erin @ The Almond Eater recently posted..Best of July 2014My Profile

51 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 31, 2014 at 10:48 am

I always smell deodorants before I buy them! Seriously… how else -would- you decide?!

52 Ang @ Nutty for Life July 31, 2014 at 9:04 am

Have so much fun camping!! I really want to go camping but I have no one to go with lol. The sour candy thing is so crazy… that actually happens to me every time I try to eat them. I feel like I can’t taste anything for a few days. No more sour candy over here haha
Ang @ Nutty for Life recently posted..Balancing Alcohol Consumption With Healthy LivingMy Profile

53 Laur July 31, 2014 at 9:10 am

Doggie pictures <3 <3 <3 Elmo looks like a drowned rat when he gets a bath. It's amazing how pathetic they look when they aren't big puffballs hahah. It's all fur!

Have fun in the mountains and make sure you make some smores (best part about camping)!

54 Karey @ Nutty About Health July 31, 2014 at 9:16 am

I love seeing Kaiah pics, she’s just so adorable & sweet looking. :)
The song is pretty catchy – I’m digging it! Oh, & those popsicles… look amazing!! YUM.
Happy Thursday! Good luck w/the camping!!!
Karey @ Nutty About Health recently posted..Thinking Out Loud: Snacks & Stuff [video]My Profile

55 Brooke: Not On a Diet July 31, 2014 at 9:18 am

I absolutely love Sour Patch Kids. Mr. B and I rarely go on a road trip without them. I HATE the gum though, it’s just not the same. Lol.

Have a great time camping! We haven’t been this year yet and it is killing me! Our weekends are always so dang busy! Don’t forget toilet paper! ;)
Brooke: Not On a Diet recently posted..Thinking Out Loud #3My Profile

56 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 31, 2014 at 10:48 am

Oooo! Good call on the TP! It’s been so long since I packed for a camping trip that I probably would have forgotten that!

57 charlotte July 31, 2014 at 9:25 am

There we go- your comments were closed earlier this morning! i am a HUGE fan of sour candies, but not of gum. what to do, what to do- what will win out-my love of sour patch kids or hatred of gum? too soon to call. also Kaiah is soooo cute!! have fun camping Arie! ;)
charlotte recently posted..Thinking Out Loud Thursday/ Top 8 List- EmojisMy Profile

58 Sky @ The Blonde In Black July 31, 2014 at 9:27 am

Aww I’m seriously dying to go to the mountains for a weekend! I’ll have to be okay with waiting or labor day weekend. I also love the Sour Patch Kids gum! It’s a nice switch from minty gum. Sour skittles are always my movie theater candy, but they do tend to strip my tongue lol enjoy your weekend away!
Sky @ The Blonde In Black recently posted..Thinking Out Loud: Rest & AirportsMy Profile

59 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries July 31, 2014 at 9:31 am

Mmmm those popsicles sound so tasty! And I love your shampoo smelling story. LOL. That would totally happen to me! ;) I’m excited for your camping adventures this weekend! Have FUN!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..07/31/14: Thursday ThoughtsMy Profile

60 Domi @ Eat, Pray, Lift July 31, 2014 at 9:44 am

Your dog is too cute! So precious. :)

I am with you on the sour skittles issue…eating them is like abusing my poor mouth. Can’t do it!

Hahaha, rabid raccoons and bears (and mountain lions, and snakes, and wolves…) are my biggest fear with camping. I can sleep on the ground for a week, no big deal, but let me even HEAR some wildlife at night and I’m a big fat scaredycat.
Domi @ Eat, Pray, Lift recently posted..I’m a Fighter, Not a LoverMy Profile

61 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl July 31, 2014 at 9:45 am

I LOVE the Sour Patch Kids gum!! Did you also know that they apparently have an orange flavor? My boyfriend found it at a gas station, but I have yet to see it here! :(
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Three Cooks One Kitchen: Grilled PizzaMy Profile

62 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 31, 2014 at 10:49 am

Whaaaat?! No! I seriously love orange flavoured candies — I’m going to have to keep my eyes open for it.

63 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl July 31, 2014 at 10:50 am

Let me know if you find it!!

64 Laura July 31, 2014 at 9:49 am

Haha the shampoo! That’s something that would totally happen to me in the middle of a store aisle. And I can never spell embarrassing either! Alsoo I need to make those popsicles, they sound right up my alley. Have fun camping!! Roughing it with friends is a blast, especially when you don’t really know what you’re doing – laughter always ensues ;)
Laura recently posted..I’ll be living in Europe… Say what?!My Profile

65 Shannon July 31, 2014 at 9:54 am

I lalalalooove camping! Hope you have a blast girl :)
And your puppy is sooooo CUTEEEE <3
Shannon recently posted..Hayyyy 25…Lookin Good! Birthday Post!My Profile

66 Jen @Chase the Red Grape July 31, 2014 at 10:05 am

Oh my goodness, I have done the same with a shampoo bottle… and a shower gel bottle… I never learn!
Camping sounds like fun but I know I could never do it again – I cried the last time I went camping because I couldnt sleep! Then again it was Scotland and minus a billion degrees at the time!

Guess who just signed up for IIN…!!! :-D
Jen @Chase the Red Grape recently posted..Thinking Out Loud!My Profile

67 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 31, 2014 at 10:51 am

OMG! No kidding! WOO! You’re going to -love- it! Let me know if you ever need someone to practice health histories with :)

68 She Rocks Fitness July 31, 2014 at 10:21 am

LOVE your dog and I do believe that they know when they look ridiculous…Can we talk about how much they despise the CONE??? It’s like instant embarrassment. :) Either way she’s adorable and probably so happy! XOXO
She Rocks Fitness recently posted..What I Am Eating For BreakfastMy Profile

69 Kim @ Racing Bananas July 31, 2014 at 10:31 am

Love your dog – such a cutie! Have fun camping!
Kim @ Racing Bananas recently posted..Game Night with Blue Diamond AlmondsMy Profile

70 Ann July 31, 2014 at 10:55 am

Bhahaha number 1 made me laugh!!! Sorry :-)
Is this your dog?? I’m in love! So adorable! Reminds me of our dog. He lived to swim and catch sticks :-) I hated the wet-dog-smell though. Do you know what i mean?
I think a camping weekend with friends would be so much fun! Last time I was camping was 10 years ago with my parents (we went camping every year). I would totally try it again with friends now!

71 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 31, 2014 at 7:00 pm

Yep! That’s my girl! I left her with my parents when I moved out because I didn’t want to take her away from a nice big yard, but I still try and see her as often as I can. And I totally know what you mean about the wet dog smell — worst ever.

72 Rina July 31, 2014 at 10:56 am

My brother and I discovered that gum for the first time at Superstore the other day and got super excited, haha! We have yet to pick up a pack though…that’s on the list for our next grocery trip :P
Rina recently posted..Thursday Thoughts #3My Profile

73 Flora July 31, 2014 at 11:10 am

I do not like sour anything which is kinda crazy because I preferred sour candies as a child.
I LOVE camping. Like for real camping with tents and a campfire and figuring out which meals to cook without electricity and…I can go on and on. Have fun!
Flora recently posted..Weekly Wishes #17My Profile

74 Emma July 31, 2014 at 11:23 am

I’ll be camping in the mountains this weekend too! If I happen to see you (I live in Alberta too) I’m totally saying hello :) I’ll be subtle though, haha.

75 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 31, 2014 at 7:01 pm

That would be awesome! And if I don’t see ya, hope you have a blast!

76 Brittany July 31, 2014 at 12:11 pm

I’m totally jealous of your upcoming camping adventure. Take me with you? Bahah your dog is TOO adorable, skinny legs and all!

77 Heather @ Housewife Glamour July 31, 2014 at 12:24 pm

Finally linked up today! It’s not in the standard numerical format, but it’s for sure random and out loud thinking. Thanks for hosting and hope you have a great weekend camping! Also… I’m obsessed with Black Widow. Great jam!
Heather @ Housewife Glamour recently posted..That “A-ha” Moment When…My Profile

78 Alexis @ Hummusapien July 31, 2014 at 12:50 pm

Those popsicles are PURE beauty my dear!! Also, I still can’t spell embarassing OR conveinent. See how I just spelled those? Both have squiggly red lines under them but guess what…long hair don’t care!!! ;)

79 Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers July 31, 2014 at 1:35 pm

Wow, tent and all, eh? I haven’t done that in ages!! Have fun. :)

80 Casey @ Casey the College Celiac July 31, 2014 at 1:48 pm

Always love the random thoughts! Makes me feel like my random thinking is a little bit more normal! ;) And that sour patch experience sounds awful! Glad I’ve never had that happen! Have an awesome time camping! :D
Casey @ Casey the College Celiac recently posted..GF Life 24/7 Guest Post: Surviving as College CeliacMy Profile

81 Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out July 31, 2014 at 2:07 pm

Hahah getting the right drinks >> right name.
Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out recently posted..WIAW Whole30: Weekend Style (day 13).My Profile

82 Lauren @ ihadabiglunch July 31, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Hahaha I have issues with the word “commitment” I always spell it wrong! With “embarrassing” I always just remember it has “ass” in it and that seems to help lol.

Amanda and Arie are a stretch…I mean if they don’t even have the same number of syllables, were you even listening at all? haha.

And Idk why but I never get my name written on my Starbucks cup. Never! What’s up with that?

Have fun camping! I think I’d enjoy it more if it were near mountains or something majestic like that. I don’t want to sleep in the woods just for the woods :)
Lauren @ ihadabiglunch recently posted..thinking out loud: “eat mor chikin,” personal intentions, and pugsMy Profile

83 JenB July 31, 2014 at 4:56 pm

My kid LOVES that gum, and it was a bit challenging to find originally … now I see it everywhere.

Under the Never Sky was a favorite series for me too! Have you ever seen the Disney cartoon “Phineas and Ferb”? They have a platypus named Perry who is always disappearing (because he’s really a superhero spy) … so in every episode someone asks “Where’s Perry?” and so from a mommy perspective I had to laugh when that inevitably happened in these books! :)
JenB recently posted..Second Time At SoccerMy Profile

84 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 31, 2014 at 7:08 pm

I’ve never seen that cartoon! And I thought I was up to speed on all things Disney. I do wish I had my own Perry, though. Seems like a good guy to have around ;)

85 Kelsey @ Ramblings of Change July 31, 2014 at 5:28 pm

Love that song as well – and the Iggy Azalea station on Pandora has been amazing while settling into our new apartment and cleaning. About Starbucks… I stopped there on my way down to the Twin Cities, and when she asked how to spell Kelsey when I said it, she said “With a K or a C?” It totally confused me. I do not know any Kelsey’s with a C (only Chelseas, right?!). Or maybe it is just because I think my spelling is ‘normal’ for my name…haha.
Kelsey @ Ramblings of Change recently posted..Thinking Out Loud / #5My Profile

86 Nikki @ grab your kicks July 31, 2014 at 6:09 pm

I’m going camping this weekend too! In a tent with just us and the woods. I’m looking forward to some tasty meals made over the fire!
Nikki @ grab your kicks recently posted..Grab Your Kicks Turns One!My Profile

87 Ginette July 31, 2014 at 10:54 pm

Hey Amanda! New to the blogging world and I came across your blog while searching for other running blogs. Although I have not read much on here, I still haven’t figured out if you run or not, or if running is just part of your blog’s name :) Anyhow, I will still follow you because your blog seems to fun and you’re a fellow Canadian! I’m Canadian but living in the US…
Ginette recently posted..“Easy” WeekMy Profile

88 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 1, 2014 at 8:41 am

Welcome to the blog world, Ginette! :) I’m an on-again, off-again runner. I dabble with it here and there, but nothing too serious.

89 Damjana August 1, 2014 at 2:13 am

No worries..it’s spellt AMIE, which is a nice form for your name :)

90 Albizia August 1, 2014 at 3:00 am

Awwwwww!!! I love Kaiah! She’s adorable. The first picture reminded me of the creatures in Linkin Park’s “Somewhere I Belong” video which almost made me giggle in the lab (bad me…). Don’t kill me. It’s just so funny when she’s only half wet because her body looks big and her legs – disproportionately long and thin :D
Albizia recently posted..ИскамMy Profile

91 Katherine Baker August 3, 2014 at 8:47 pm

I LOVE THAT GUM!! and your dog pics :)
Katherine Baker recently posted..Cherry Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie Sandwiches with Healthy Ganache FillingMy Profile