. epic food survey pt2 .

by Amanda @ .running with spoons. on July 30, 2014

Happy What I Ate Wednesday, friendly faces! :D

So I know that Wednesdays are usually reserved for sharing a day’s worth of eats, and that it’s been a few weeks since I participated in the foodie festivities, but I started this epic food survey on Monday, and now I’ve got to finish it. Got to. No other choice. Part 1 covered grains, fruits, veggies, and nuts, while part 2 is all about dairy, meats. Here we go!

Epic Dairy Collage

Dairy

1) do you prefer chocolate or white milk?:
If I’m just drinking it straight up? Chocolate. That being said, I’m not super crazy about milk… but when I was younger I’d drink like 4 glasses a day.

2) what’s your favorite brand of yogurt?:
Oikos. More specifically, their 2% plain Greek.

3) do you think you get enough calcium?:
With all the yogurt I eat? I would hope so! I do take a calcium/magnesium supplement, though… But that’s mostly because it tastes like candy. Don’t judge me.

4) where do you get the most calcium from (yogurt, cheese, milk, etc)?:
Probably Greek yogurt. I go through a 500g tub about every 2 days.

5) what’s your favorite type of cheese?:
Parmesan, but I also really love havarti and feta.

6) what’s your favorite way to eat cheese?:
With macaroni, a la macaroni and cheese :mrgreen:

7) what’s your favorite flavour of ice cream?:
Vanilla. I know it may sound boring, but it’s the perfect base for whatever kind of toppings you want to toss on it. That being said, it has to be a good vanilla, preferably with flecks of real vanilla bean.

8) when you eat oatmeal, do you make it with milk, or water?:
Usually water. I like to be able to taste the oatiness.

9) what kind of milk do you drink?:
Vanilla almond milk from Silk. I like 2% cow’s milk in my coffee when I’m out, though.

10) what’s your favorite thing to do with cottage cheese?:
Either mixing it with a spoonful of blubbery jam, or making a cheesecake dip.

Epic Meat Collage

Meat

1) are you vegetarian or vegan?:
I used to be, but I’m not anymore. I don’t really care much for meat and I don’t even eat much of it now (maybe 3 times a week?), but I do find that I feel better when I include a small amount in my diet. My brain also doesn’t do well with the idea of labelling any kind of food as being off-limits.

2) if you aren’t vegetarian or vegan, could you ever be?:
Yup! I was vegan for about a year and veggie for 4, and I never found it difficult at all. Like I said above, I don’t care much for meat, and mostly eat it for health reasons. If I could give it up and still feel 100%, I would — especially since I hate working with raw meat.

3) what’s your favorite type of meat?:
Chicken.

4) what’s your favorite type of fish or seafood?:
The kind that I don’t have to eat. This girl does not like any kind of fish or seafood. I’ve only ever eaten fish once in my life and it almost made me gag. Cannot do it.

5) hamburgers or hotdogs?:
Hotdogs. I don’t like burgers at all, and I think I’ve only ever eaten one or two in my entire 29 years?

6) if you have a barbeque, is it propane-powered, or charcoal?:
No BBQ. Next question!

7) what’s your least favorite type of meat?:
Okay all these meat questions are making me feel a little skeevy, especially when I have to think about the kind I don’t like… I don’t know? Anything that isn’t super well done.

8) is there a type of meat you haven’t tried yet, but want to try?:
Nope!

9) what’s the most exotic meat you’ve ever eaten?:
:shock: I don’t know? I’ve never been overly adventurous with meat, so I’m going to go with chicken nuggets from McDonald’s — never know what’s in those suckers ;)

10) when you eat meat, is the portion bigger than a deck of cards?:
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. And as a side note… why couldn’t this section be about meat and meat alternatives?!?

Epic Drink Collage

Drinks

1) what do you put in your coffee?:
My face. And a splash of milk and a sprinkle of cinnamon prior to that.

2) what do you put in your tea?:
Occasionally honey, but usually nothing. My favourite tea (Hot Cinnamon Spice from Harney & Sons) is sweet enough without needing anything extra.

3) do you like the taste of water?:
Water has a taste? I don’t mind drinking water, if that’s what you mean.

4) do you drink enough water everyday?:
Yup! I drink anywhere from 2-3L a day. I just find that I feel so much better when I do, so it’s not that hard of a habit to keep up.

5) what’s your favorite flavour of diet soda?:
I’m scared of diet soda :shock: If I’m craving something fizzy, I usually go for a naturally flavoured soda water.

6) do you think you drink too much diet soda?:
See above.

7) do you prefer to eat or drink your calories?:
Usually eat, but there are times where nothing hits the spot like a cold and creamy smoothie. Even then, though, I usually have to add something on top for crunch.

8) do you drink energy drinks?:
No. I tried a Red Bull once, and I literally thought I was going to have an out of body experience. My body doesn’t tolerate energy drinks well.

9) what’s your favorite smoothie recipe?:
My Thick & Creamy Chocolate Smoothie! I have one every couple of days or so.

10) do you flavour your water (lemon, crystal lite, etc)?:
Not usually. Occasionally I’ll add lemon slices or frozen blueberries, though.

Epic Treat Collage

Treats

1) how often do you eat something unhealthy?:
Ignoring the fact that I don’t like the way this question is worded, I have a treat on a daily basis. I find that doing so keeps my cravings in check and prevents me from getting to the point where I want to stuff my face with ALL the sugar.

2) do you prefer a sweet or a salty treat?:
Sweet, sweet, SWEET. I’ll get a craving for salty foods on occasion, but more often than not it’s all about the sugar.

3) what’s your favorite salty treat?:
Definitely french fries… especially the ones from McDonald’s, accompanied by sweet ‘n’ sour sauce.

4) what’s your favorite sweet treat?:
I honestly can’t say that I have one because it really depends on what I’m craving. Sometimes chocolate, sometimes gummies. Sometimes ice cream, sometimes cake. If it’s sweet chances are that I’ll like it.

5) what’s your favorite brand of chocolate bar?:
I’m a huge fan of Giddy YoYo, even though I haven’t been able to find it around here lately! Thankfully, Alter Eco is still around… and that’s another favourite.

6) when was the last time you went out to eat?:
In Vegas, I think? To Chipotle, which I must have hit up at least 5 or 6 times while I was there.

7) what did you order?:
A burrito bowl with chicken, brown rice, guac, and corn salsa.

8) do you tend to binge on unhealthy foods around your house?:
No. That’s why I make sure to eat some kind of treat daily — it keeps those urges at bay.

9) chips or popcorn?:
I love both, but I’m going to side with popcorn on this one… especially when butter and salt are involved. Or coconut oil and honey.

10) what’s your favorite flavour/brand of chips?:
Sour cream and onion Popchips… especially when avocado is involved.

Signature

Are you, or have you ever been, a vegetarian?
How often do you treat yourself?
What’s your favourite sweet treat?

More places to find me!
E-mail — runwithspoons@hotmail.com
Twitter — runwithspoons
Facebook — runningwithspoons
Pinterest — runwithspoons
Instagram — runwithspoons
Bloglovin — runningwithspoons

1 Tom @ Raise Your Garden July 30, 2014 at 6:14 am

I would take chocolate milk over the white stuff every day if it was good for me! But my regular 2% is what I mostly use. Popcorn and movie any day over the chips. I won’t bore you with answering you’re other questions. I’m not nearly as interesting. :)
Tom @ Raise Your Garden recently posted..Walnut Leaf TeaMy Profile

2 Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers July 30, 2014 at 6:25 am

Wow, what a survey! :) Three cheers for Parm cheese. The best!! No BBQ though? Really? I think that’s because you haven’t tried my not-so-world-famous pulled pork bbq. ;)
Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers recently posted..Just the Two of UsMy Profile

3 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 30, 2014 at 3:00 pm

Well whose fault is that?!?! :P

4 Sarah July 30, 2014 at 6:30 am

I was a vegetarian twice, the first time for about eight years, the second for two or three. Like you, I’m not crazy about meat but I don’t think it is wise for me to label any food off-limits. That being said, I am enjoying fish more and more as I age. (As I age? Geez! I make myself sound like a bottle of wine.)
My favorite sweet treat is vanilla ice cream. Love, love, love real vanilla beans.
Lately, my daily treat has been a smoothie with the addition of avocado. So creamy and delightful!

5 cait @pieceofcait July 30, 2014 at 6:31 am

love the survey!
Are you, or have you ever been, a vegetarian? – no, but somedays I feel like I could be!
How often do you treat yourself? Almost daily. Whether a nice cappuccino or chocolate :) small treats help me from going OVER board.
What’s your favourite sweet treat? mmm.. brownies!!! peanut butter anything!!
cait @pieceofcait recently posted..Santorini eats + views!My Profile

6 Lucie@FitSwissChick July 30, 2014 at 6:31 am

Ugh, I never drink milk. Not even when I was in the US and finally would have had acess to unsweetened almond milk – I don’t really know what to use it for since I don’t drink coffee and make my smoothies and oats with water.
BUT, I am a huge meatlover and seafood/fish – sorry about that Hunnie :-) I hope we can still be friends. I am a little shocked that your favorite chocolate is not a Swiss brand. Hehe. Kidding.
Lucie@FitSwissChick recently posted..WIAW#71 with a GiveawayMy Profile

7 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 30, 2014 at 3:01 pm

We can still be friends! I’ll tolerate the fact that you don’t like coffee if you can tolerate the fact that I don’t like seafood :P And Swiss chocolate probably -would- be my favourite if I could find it more easily!

8 Susie @ Suzlyfe July 30, 2014 at 6:33 am

You weren’t kidding-that really is quite the survey! I don’t think I’ve ever gone fully vegetarian but I definitely have meatless days. As for the last 2 questions Ice cream. Period. A “treat” would be a frapp or self serve froyo because of the $$ involved. But ice cream every day
Susie @ Suzlyfe recently posted..Frank’s Diner, Merchant Madison, and More Madison Delights! WIAWMy Profile

9 Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy July 30, 2014 at 6:36 am

Finally! I’ve been waiting for part two for a while now. Mind if I copy and paste this and answer a few of my own?

Giddy Yoyo is also one of my favourite chocolates! I especially like the dark, spirulina, chaga and ginger :) recently did a review on them too, check it out!
Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy recently posted..The A-B-C BLT + WIAW #5My Profile

10 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 30, 2014 at 3:02 pm

Not at all! Go ahead and fill it out! Surveys are tonnes of fun :)

11 Bridget July 30, 2014 at 6:36 am

I have never been a vegetarian! I love seafood waaaaaay too much. I could probably be a pescatarian. I don’t eat very much beef, chicken, pork, etc…. But there are certain days that I really want pepperoni on my pizza, or a rare steak!!!
I don’t treat myself very often. I honestly am working on that. I have terrible food guilt.
My favorite treat is dark chocolate!
Bridget recently posted..Learning the hard way…My Profile

12 Suzanne July 30, 2014 at 6:44 am

I used to hate fish too… it always seemed to taste the same way it smelled pre-cooked (.. .fishy).
Until I met my mother-in-law, who explained that that happens when your fish isn’t fresh.
So perhaps you should challenge yourself to have some fresh fish (FRESH… not raw!) sometime?

13 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 30, 2014 at 3:03 pm

That’s what everyone keeps telling me as well, and I probably -will- do it some time, but I think I’d need to experience it on either the west or east coast to get the freshest of the fresh :)

14 Ms.J July 30, 2014 at 6:49 am

I was vegetarian for the longest time too; I experienced the biggest thrill on looking back on days that turned out vegan – which were often and easy when you’re living off mainly veg and some fruit. Thankfully and gratefully, my idea of a “thrill” has evolved. That said, I never longed for a meat at.all. Until I started eating it again..now I actually crave it on a regular basis. I suppose the fact that I never have to glance at raw meat – let alone handle it – has a lot to do with it :D .
You’ve got a great system going with treating yourself. I am in continuous experimentation in trying to find a happy place – where I’m enjoying sugary goodies without venturing to any extremes.
Ms.J recently posted..30 days…in foodMy Profile

15 Brynn July 30, 2014 at 7:01 am

I treat myself once a day to either a latte, piece of chocolate or sometimes go all out and snag an ice cream. Life is too short to live without the things we love…just in moderation. ;)
Brynn recently posted..WIAW: A Weekend AwayMy Profile

16 Sarah @ Feeeding the Brain and Body July 30, 2014 at 7:16 am

I’m totally with you on the greek yogurt! Oikos 2% is the best (at least of the brands that are sold in canada), unfortunately it is also the most expensive! I love reading these surveys because I can always find tonnes of things I can relate too. I think if you are ever in my area we should get together because we have similar tastes!
Sarah @ Feeeding the Brain and Body recently posted..A Summer HelloMy Profile

17 Sarah @ Feeeding the Brain and Body July 30, 2014 at 7:23 am

I meant to add in my first comment that video games and book discussion would also be a must in a fictional get together :)
Sarah @ Feeeding the Brain and Body recently posted..A Summer HelloMy Profile

18 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 30, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Gah! That would be absolute perfection! It’s no fair that us bloggers are all spread out all over the place :(

19 Marjorie July 30, 2014 at 7:22 am

I have never been vegetarian, but I have been eating a lot less meat lately! Mostly to be able to afford higher quality meat. I could probably quit beef altogether and not bat an eyelash.

LOL at what you put in your coffee question. :) And I agree about not having anything totally off limits. “Rules” just make me want to rebel. So I just try to eat whole foods most of the time, and work in treats here and there.
Marjorie recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday 43 – On Weight WatchersMy Profile

20 Jessie July 30, 2014 at 7:23 am

Vanilla ice cream is the way to go – especially soft serve. You know, I would actually get fries from McDonalds for a snack & their vanilla ice cream for dessert. Such a good mix… even when you dip the fries into the ice cream :)
Jessie recently posted..Babies Journey Pt. 1My Profile

21 Kat July 30, 2014 at 7:24 am

oh my goodness these surveys are seriously so much fun!!
I’ve never actually been a milk fan. I can do milk in cereal, but straight up? BLEH. Unless its chocolate, and even then it needs to be nonfat. I cant handle the thickness of full fat milk…it makes me want to gag to be honest. My cousin on the other hand, would polish off a full 2 gallon jug by herself in 2 days. She loved that stuff!!
Kat recently posted..[WIAW] Eat All The FatsMy Profile

22 Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves July 30, 2014 at 7:34 am

I’m with ya on the havarti cheese and the mac ‘n’ cheese! ;)
I avoided meat a few years ago when I thought it was fattening and evil *rolls eyes*, but I like me some chicken, pork and burgers now. That being said, I’m still not the biggest fan of red meat, but that’s just because the taste doesn’t appeal to me.
Girl, I treat myself every day. Often with ice cream :D
Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..WIAW: Vacation Day in the LifeMy Profile

23 Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne July 30, 2014 at 7:35 am

Can I just tell you how obsessed I am with that first photo of Ice Cream?? I really need to make a Vanilla Ice Cream now, but first I need to get rid of the lemon one haha.
Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted..Benefits of BerriesMy Profile

24 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 30, 2014 at 3:06 pm

“Get rid of”?? :lol: Aww that doesn’t sound good! You could always do what I do and mix two favours together! That way you’re still getting rid of one and enjoying another :)

25 Jaclyn @ BumpSweat July 30, 2014 at 7:55 am

Lately, we’ve been having ice cream approximately once a week. I used to be full-on vegan, but after that correlated with some health issues, I decided to add meat and dairy back in and am healthier and feel so much better for doing so.
Jaclyn @ BumpSweat recently posted..Pregnancy {Fitness} Myth-Busting: Eating for TwoMy Profile

26 Michele @ paleorunningmomma July 30, 2014 at 8:00 am

I don’t do treats often because I don’t crave them anymore and a bowl of fruit at night is sweet enough and feels like dessert now. But eating paleo means a lot of meat and that makes me feel good so I’m nowhere near vegetarian status!

27 Davida @ The Healthy Maven July 30, 2014 at 8:16 am

your answer to the exotic meat question…priceless! I might have to agree on that one ;)
Davida @ The Healthy Maven recently posted..I Know The Secret To Skinny.My Profile

28 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 30, 2014 at 3:06 pm

Surprisingly… that never once stopped me from eating it :lol:

29 Amanda @ Diary of a Semi-Health Nut July 30, 2014 at 9:10 am

Holy ginormous foodie survey! I don’t know where to begin!

I will say that I am totally with you on not wanting to label any food as forbidden. I’m slightly lactose-intolerant, but still steal bites of icecream and probably eat more string cheese than a typical adult haha.

I’m also with you on the silk vanilla almond milk….so good in coffee!!!!
Amanda @ Diary of a Semi-Health Nut recently posted..Blogging 101: 3 Ways to Optimize Your Blog TodayMy Profile

30 Khushboo July 30, 2014 at 9:16 am

Ooh I don’t think I could be vegan because I love eggs too much but I think I could get on board as a vegetarian! My love for chicken, fish & beef hold me back from being a full-time vegetarian though! If dark chocolate is considered a treat, I treat myself daily. But if we’re talking about more indulgent treats, I usually treat myself 2-3 x a week when I’m out..sometimes more ;)!

Side note- your blueberry bake from yesterday looks duuuh-vine!
Khushboo recently posted..Blogging etiquetteMy Profile

31 Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious July 30, 2014 at 9:18 am

I’m not vegetarian but I do not eat red meat or pork. I just can stand it. My favorite treat? I’m I have too many to have just one. Muffins are high on the list along with fro to and oatmeal with but butter.
Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious recently posted..WIAW…July Favorites & Eats When Life is CrazyMy Profile

32 Shelly July 30, 2014 at 9:37 am

I think I am your polar opposite of you in terms of meat, haha. I don’t think I could ever be vegan or vegetarian, but kuddos to those that are! I am, however, a sweet tooth manic and can’t get enough Greek yogurt in my life, love it!
Shelly recently posted..Wod Love WednesdaysMy Profile

33 Ganeeban July 30, 2014 at 9:57 am

Fave answer – fave way to eat cheese :) Me tambien!! This survey is awesome, I think I might have to do it all one day!
Ganeeban recently posted..WIAW – The CA State FairMy Profile

34 Kelly @ Kelly Runs For Food July 30, 2014 at 9:59 am

I’m definitely a meat eater! While I usually try to keep it to leaner meats, I do crave a nice hamburger every now and then. I also looove seafood.
As far as treats go, I almost want something crispy and salty, like potato chips.
Kelly @ Kelly Runs For Food recently posted..The story of “Chicken on a plate”My Profile

35 shashi @ runninsrilankan July 30, 2014 at 10:25 am

You are killing me with ALL those pictures of your treats!
I am not a supporter of denying myself – if I feel like chocolate or Kemps Moos tracks fro yo-which happens to be my fav (lactose problems keep me away from ice cream), I have me some chocolate and fro you in moderation – though after looking at your pictures, moderation might be hard to exercise! :)

I was and stayed a vegetarian for the latter part of high school and most of college, but when I came home my senior year, my mom made her famous chicken curry and I couldn’t resist diggin in!
shashi @ runninsrilankan recently posted..Chocolate Performance Pudding with Vega ProteinMy Profile

36 Erin @ The Almond Eater July 30, 2014 at 11:41 am

Never labeled my diet because I also think I’d mentally have a hard time with that. Aaaaand I probably treat myself daily, either with an iced coffee or a spoonful of _____________________________ (yesterday it was Cookie butter) :D
Erin @ The Almond Eater recently posted..How to Headstand [beginner & advanced]My Profile

37 Carmy July 30, 2014 at 12:08 pm

That Minnie Mouse cup is BEYOND adorable!
Carmy recently posted..WIAW! #7My Profile

38 Dana July 30, 2014 at 12:25 pm

I love the idea of frozen blueberries in water!! I could never not have meat in my life. As I don’t have it too often in my diet, there’s nothing like a good ol’ grilled steak here and there! Like you, I try to treat myself almost every day. It’s usually something small like a piece of dark chocolate, or a handful of caramel popcorn. And then there’s always the spoon with peanut butter! I’m usually more of a salty craver, and adore the combo of salty and sweet, but my favorite sweet treat is ice cream! Total weakness!
Dana recently posted..Why you shouldn’t compare your body to celebrities’ bodiesMy Profile

39 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 30, 2014 at 3:09 pm

The sweet and salty combo makes me weak in the knees! Have you ever tried pretzels dipped in peanut (or almond) butter? Or salted caramel ice cream?! Ugh. I die.

40 Ann July 30, 2014 at 12:37 pm

We’re totally on the same boat with calories from food > drinks! I looove crunch in smoothies or yogurt/quark bowls, like nuts or chocolate chunks.
Actually, I thought YOU came up with these questions and I found it to be a little odd that you answer your own questions… but in this 2nd part I realised that the questions are not your own ;-) hahaha (or are they?? lol)
I am not a vegetarian and probably won’t ever be! I love my meats. It’s very strange to me that you eat it that infrequently and don’t care so little about it! But to each her own :-)

41 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 30, 2014 at 3:10 pm

:lol: Nope! Not my questions. I found this survey on some online forum I think, but I honestly can’t remember where because it’s been sitting in my drafts folder for almost a year. Eep.

42 Pip {Cherries & Chisme} July 30, 2014 at 12:42 pm

Popcorn with coconut oil? Why have I never thought of that!! Amazing.
I was tried to go veggie when I was in my early teens, think I lasted a week :/ fail. What can I say? I feel better when I eat meat.
So with you on the non-restrictive thing, I treat myself whenever I want to :) and the ultimate treat would be a warm goey (but low sugar, no sugar headache for me thank you) chocolate cake with ice cream/yoghurt. Yes please.
Pip {Cherries & Chisme} recently posted..Exploring Northern Argentina – Day 5 – Purmamarca, JujuyMy Profile

43 Jen @ Bagels to Broccoli July 30, 2014 at 12:57 pm

See, I cannot having my oats without almond milk. It just makes it so delicious and creamy!! And re: touching raw meat, I’m not a fan either, but my husband loves meat so I’m having to get used to dealing with it :/.
Jen @ Bagels to Broccoli recently posted..Hiking Mt. MonadnockMy Profile

44 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health July 30, 2014 at 1:19 pm

The meat section made me feel skeevy too! I totally agree with you on the whole label/restriction thing. It’s not good to do but the main reason I choose not to eat meat is for animal welfare and environmental reasons so I guess it feels different than other labels to me. Maybe because, in my head, I feel like I’m doing it for a greater cause rather than personal benefit? IDK.

I do eat fish though so I guess that makes me a pescatarian? I also used to hate it but I’m telling you, if it’s prepared the right way, it can be amazing. Next time you’re in Hawaii, you should give it another shot!
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..Book Review: The One and Only by Emily GiffinMy Profile

45 She Rocks Fitness July 30, 2014 at 1:24 pm

I’ve never been a vegetarian nor will I be. I treat myself 1-2 times a week. One is a sweet treat and the other is a night out that includes something awesome and wine. I need one more day though, because life is too short. Favorite sweet treat is most definitely CUPCAKES…the more icing the better! :)
She Rocks Fitness recently posted..My Workouts + Another NEW WorkoutMy Profile

46 Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate July 30, 2014 at 1:30 pm

Bahaha those questionable McNuggets. I did the vegetarian thing for a bit, but my body does so much better on meat. I’m a baked goods girl all the way.
Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate recently posted..Weekend Snapshots {7/28/14}My Profile

47 lindsay July 30, 2014 at 1:32 pm

you don’t like hamburgers? well i just like meat, haha. and I’m a vanilla girl too, and KOMBUCHA!
lindsay recently posted..The Breakfast Club- Grain Free Mixed Nut MuffinsMy Profile

48 Domi @ Eat, Pray, Lift July 30, 2014 at 3:16 pm

Ok, you just HAVE to try cottage cheese mixed in with scrambled eggs, and some parm on top. I can’t have dairy, but back when I still could eat it, that was my absolute favorite way to use cottage cheese. And if Parm’s your favorite cheese, you’re especially going to love this! :)

I’m with you on the smoothies- always got to add some coconut flakes, carob chips, or something for crunch! It just doesn’t feel right without it.
Domi @ Eat, Pray, Lift recently posted..The Real Secret of the Mediterranean DietMy Profile

49 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 30, 2014 at 10:20 pm

I would have never thought to try that combo, but I’m super intrigued! Definitely adding it to the list of must-make foods :)

50 Miss Polkadot July 30, 2014 at 4:32 pm

That’s a seriously epic survey. a) Where did you find it? and b) Can I steal it for the next brain fudge day in my [blogging] life ;) ?
As you know I’m a vegetarian and had to laugh at your ‘most exotic meat’ answer. That’d have to be mine from pre-vegetarian years, too. Ignorance is bliss…
I don’t really think about it as that – more a… sweet snack (??) – but I guess my daily treat would be chocolate. If we’re talking favourite treat, though, that’d be ice cream. At best enjoyed with friends or family because that is what gives it the true treat character in my opinion.
Miss Polkadot recently posted..The Sometimes – Always – Never EditionMy Profile

51 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 30, 2014 at 10:21 pm

I honesty can’t remember where I found it — it’s been sitting in my drafts folder for almond a year — but I think it was from some online forum. And of course you can fill it out! Surveys are definitely perfection for those days where you feel yourself lacking in the inspiration department.

52 Chelsea @ Chelsea's Healthy Kitchen July 30, 2014 at 5:12 pm

I was a vegetarian for a few months after camp when I was 12… that is until dad cooked a delicious steak dinner and I caved haha.

Oikos 2% is my favourite too – so delicious and creamy! The vanilla flavour is heavenly.
Chelsea @ Chelsea’s Healthy Kitchen recently posted..10 tips for shopping at farmers marketsMy Profile

53 Nathalie C. @ Devoted Foodie July 30, 2014 at 5:44 pm

I’m not crazy about milk either, I add it to my coffee and in my cereal but that’s about it. I am however a big fan of yogurt! I could eat at every meal. I’ve been a vegetarian (pescetarian to be exact) on and off for 3 years now. I actually recently started eating meat again (occasionally) and I’m not really that into it. I feel so much better when I don’t eat meat but sometimes I feel like my body needs/craves it…if that makes any sense. I’ve thought about going vegan before but I love cheese too much.
Nathalie C. @ Devoted Foodie recently posted..Recipe Remix (aka No Waste Wednesday): Mint-Ginger Infused Limeade + Rum = Best Mojitos Ever!My Profile

54 megan July 30, 2014 at 5:49 pm

How do you know you don’t like all seafood if you’ve only tried one kind? You should try different kinds!

55 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 30, 2014 at 10:23 pm

I really should! I think it’s just one of those things that’s been with me for so long that it’s hard to get over. One of these days I will, though… As long as it’s not shellfish, because I do actually have a legit allergy to those.

56 Julia G July 30, 2014 at 6:19 pm

Love getting to know you through this survey. Food is a wonderful thing. It has taken me a while to get to a healthy mindset, but I have to say you were a big inspiration.:)
Julia G recently posted..Grilled Cheese HugsMy Profile

57 Julia G July 30, 2014 at 6:22 pm

Love getting to know you through this survey. Food is a wonderful thing. It has taken me a while to get to a healthy mindset, but I have to say you were a big inspiration. :) I am grateful to have stumbled upon your blog.
Julia G recently posted..Grilled Cheese HugsMy Profile

58 GiGi Eats Celebrities July 30, 2014 at 8:05 pm

Well, if we were ever to eat together, I know I would NEVER have to worry about you wanting to try some of my fish ;) ;)
GiGi Eats Celebrities recently posted..Sharing The SamePlateMy Profile

59 Laur July 30, 2014 at 8:22 pm

Currently, I am a pescetarian (they have a name for everything) because I LOVE me some sushi. If I could live on 3 things, I would eat some sort of oatmeal, chipotle, and sushi every day and be completely smitten. Maybe dark chocolate, too… Specifically, dark chocolate covered JUMBO marshmallows. Mmmm.

60 Brittany @ Delights and Delectables July 30, 2014 at 8:38 pm

I feel better with animal protein too girl. However, I’m a fish girl!!! I love me some salmon!
Brittany @ Delights and Delectables recently posted..WIAW: When Summer Loses It’s HeatMy Profile

61 Arman @ thebigmansworld July 31, 2014 at 1:53 am

OMG Actually lol’ing like an idiot…..

All the meat questions…I would actually have answered them all with glee..speaking of which, I’m going to make you eat seafood in Canada.

How dare you insult red bull.
Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted..Cheating on the Paleo DietMy Profile

62 Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets July 31, 2014 at 4:58 am

Alright I’m not gonna lie. I liked the fruit and veggies portion of this survey better. I mean really what was with the meat section. Ack, gross. Same goes for seafood. The texture freaks me out so that’s out too. Also since I drink the same three things (water, coffee, booze) I find everything else kind of boring. Not you though, my dear. Never you, especially since we share our sweet teeth. I love me some sugar. :)

63 Carson July 31, 2014 at 7:40 am

I was a vegetarian for about 4 months in college. I had no reason for doing it other than I didn’t really eat that much meat anyways and I had a good friend who was vegan, so I thought “why not?” I knew I couldn’t be vegan because I like cheese too much. One day I woke up and wanted some chicken, so that’s when my vegetarian days ended.
Carson recently posted..Being normal. And True Life via the iPhone.My Profile

64 Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out July 31, 2014 at 2:40 pm

Popchips + avocado..yes! so thankful for this discovery from you hah!
Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out recently posted..WIAW Whole30: Weekend Style (day 13).My Profile

65 Mary Frances August 3, 2014 at 12:56 pm

Wow, you covered everything in this survey! It truly qualifies as epic. Chipotle is one of my favorite places to eat out as well :) I enjoy bacon and grilled chicken too much to be vegetarian. My favorite sweet treat would be ice cream. I love how it is rich and creamy without being too heavy.
Mary Frances recently posted..{Vegan} Key Lime Coconut Cinnamon RollsMy Profile