. when only chocolate will do .

by Amanda @ .running with spoons. on June 11, 2013

Hi, hi. Happy Tuesday :D

Oink Cup

How do you like the newest addition to my mug family?

Piggy Cup

I saw the little guy sitting on the shelf while I was out at the store yesterday, looking all sad and lonely, and decided I just had to take him home with me. It was a good decision on my part. Some other notable buys that somehow ended up following me home?

A decorative bowl that I don’t know what to fill with…

Stone Bowl

A supply of Greek yogurt that I’ll be filling my belly with…

Yogurt Supply

A new table for my entry hallway that I’m still not 100% sold on…

Hallway Table

Aaaaaaand some random beauty essentials that I scored a pretty awesome deal on…

Makeup Buys

So I’ve pretty much decided that I need to stop saying that I’m going to blog about a specific topic on a specific day, because more often than not, it just doesn’t end up happening… and then I start feeling bad for not following through, and yeah – it’s just not a good situation for anyone.

The thing is, I really do have every intention of sticking to a plan, or writing about what I say I’m going to write about; but then things get busy, I lose my initial bout of inspiration, or life happens and I get inspired to write about something completely different.

Like yesterday, for example? I left the house a little before 9 AM and didn’t get home ’till a little before 10 PM, which didn’t exactly leave me with a lot of time to sit down and collect my thoughts. And no, I wasn’t secretly blowing you guys off to play Candy Crush. For your information, I’ve hit a point in my candy crushing journey where I have to wait to unlock new levels, so I’ve got another 14 hours and 40 minutes before I can play again. Life is tough…

Candy Crush Quest

… especially when you’re trying to manage a raging appetite along the way. Yesterday was killer on the hunger front. One of those days where lunch time rolls around and you’re more than ready to chow down, despite having already eaten breakfast 3 times. It was also one of those days that you just have to end with chocolate, because nothing else would do; even if the only chocolate you have is of the chip variety…

Chocolate and Gossip

If you blog, do you plan out your blog posts in advance or just write on the fly?
Fill in the blank: Sometimes only _________ will do.

1 Lisa June 11, 2013 at 7:46 am

That mug may be the cutest thing ever. How come I can never find cute mugs haha. Starbucks or any place else never has any sweet ones like that.
Ohh, new beauty buys – you know I’m always a fan of those :)
A deal – um, hopefully they have the same deals happening over on my part of town.
I feel you on those blog posts, sometimes I’m up so late writing them if I’ve had a busy day, because I’m no the type that can pre write my posts. I don’t know why but my brain just likes to write when the time is write and not a whole bunch of posts at once. I like to stick to one topic at a time.
Especially when you were out all day – it’s hard to stick to a certain plan.
Lisa recently posted..Don’t Lose SightMy Profile

2 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 11, 2013 at 10:00 am

I actually found this guy in Winners/Homesense. I don’t know if you guys have that place in BC, but I always find cute and quirky things there :)

3 De @ Cooking for the Other Half June 11, 2013 at 7:47 am

That mug is ADORABLE. Love it!!!!!!

Sometimes I plan my blog posts, and sometimes I write spontaneously. It really depends on my mood, and also my schedule. If I know I’m going to be busy, I pre-write and schedule them for later.
De @ Cooking for the Other Half recently posted..juice cleanse update, sangria recipe, and theatre newsMy Profile

4 Ashley @ OurPersonalRecords June 11, 2013 at 7:51 am

Sometimes Sarah and I plan our posts to be about certain topics, but it’s really just week to week. We always do a Thankful Thursday, but other than that it varies. Don’t bother changing what you’re doing, I love it! I appreciate the variety of beauty, food, and general health discussions here.

Sometimes only fruit will do.
Ashley @ OurPersonalRecords recently posted..Back to the grind and I love foodMy Profile

5 Khushboo June 11, 2013 at 7:54 am

I can SO relate about aiming to blog about specific topics on specific days..and like you said, it just unnecessarily adds to my stress levels. Lately I’ve just been jotting down ideas without “deadlines” and then write on the fly…my posts end up sounding that much more natural and I remember why I enjoy blogging so much! As much as I love solid chocolate, I find a handful (or 3) of chocolate chips does the trick equally well…mmm now you got me craving chocolate- thanks Amanda, thanks a lot ;)!
Khushboo recently posted..Nutrition & skin care takeawaysMy Profile

6 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 11, 2013 at 10:01 am

You’re very welcome! ;)

7 Rachel @ Undercover Diva: A Sitcom June 11, 2013 at 7:55 am

I usually plan my blog posts and try and draft them out the night before, if possible. I work at a tutoring center during the summer and it has been really slow, so I’ve had the opportunity to draft out a few blog posts for the week, which is lucky on my part! If I can’t draft the night before, then I try my hardest to draft a post after my morning run and before I leave for school/work. That doesn’t usually work out.

Sometimes, only a nap will do.
Rachel @ Undercover Diva: A Sitcom recently posted..The Weekend I Almost Impulsively Got a TattooMy Profile

8 Charlotte @ Commitness to Fitness June 11, 2013 at 7:56 am

i LOVE that mug! do want! and ok, so, yesterday i downloaded candy crush and in the less than 24 hours since, it has become my new addiction/ obsession/ hobby. omg i love it. i just played a round at work, and I’m about to do another. ahh i think this is even better than angry birds…
Charlotte @ Commitness to Fitness recently posted..Butt Wait, There’s More!My Profile

9 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 11, 2013 at 10:02 am

STOP! Omigosh! I’ve still got another 11 hours before I can play, and you’re making me all sorts of jealous!

10 Kim hoeltje June 11, 2013 at 8:00 am

Love that mug! Coffee always tastes better in a fun mug. I dont usually plan my blogs, just whatever is in my head for the day. “Sometimes only a margarita will do” :)
Kim hoeltje recently posted..Monday Funday??My Profile

11 Rachel June 11, 2013 at 8:03 am

When I write, it’s usually planned… just around my work schedule haha and now that my pool is opening up it might be on the side for a bit lol but I usually plan.

I really need to make my grocery store carry the big containers of Oikos lol especially the 2% idk why NY feels no one likes 2% yogurt lol when I was in Florida 2% everywhereeeeeee
Rachel recently posted..FlooooridaMy Profile

12 Alysia @ Slim Sanity June 11, 2013 at 8:06 am

I typically plan out my posts so I can have them written up the night before. It’s a big time saver for me since my mornings are usually busy!
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..What’s In My Grocery Haul?My Profile

13 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl June 11, 2013 at 8:07 am

Sometimes only PEANUT BUTTER (or any nut butter ;)) will do!!

And seriously, that is the cutest mug ever!!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Trader Joe’s Tuesday: Organic Superfood Pilaf + French Yellow BeansMy Profile

14 Hollie June 11, 2013 at 8:09 am

You know I really like my coffee mugs LOL.

I somewhat have stuck to a pretty solid schedule most of the time…breakfast posts on Monday, if I do a race Tuesday and training on Sunday. Other then that I keep it pretty open…no sense in being too scheduled…what if I actually do something in real life I want to blog about? ha ha…
Hollie recently posted..OK Cross Country 5k (19:27)My Profile

15 Sarah @pickyrunner June 11, 2013 at 8:12 am

Candy crush is seriously an addiction. I can’t stop. I’m not that great at games though. I’m on 36 now. I’m embarrassed to admit I’ve paid more than a few times because I can’t wait to unlock more lives… My hunger has been all over the place lately. One day is out of control and the next it’s nonexistent. I guess it does all balance out though.
Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted..Lifeguard ChroniclesMy Profile

16 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 11, 2013 at 10:12 am

36?! Did you pay to unlock the new levels? Because that’s where I’m stuck right now… waiting to finish those mystery quests instead of paying the 99 cents to unlock 36 :lol:

17 Reba - Not So Perfect Life June 11, 2013 at 8:12 am

I write most of my blog post on the fly… I wish I had time to get really caught up with post but I never do!
Reba – Not So Perfect Life recently posted..Medal Lovin’: Half Marathon Medal Review Part 2My Profile

18 Kate June 11, 2013 at 8:15 am

spontenaity (okay…I know that word is spelled wrong and I don’t for the life of me know how to spell it correctly so…whatever) is the only way that I can love writing! You have to write when the inspiration hits you – no matter if its inspiration for what you planned to write or not – or else it honestly just won’t come out sounding any good. Nor will it be fun. And um, that coffee mug is ADORABLE!! gahhh the cutest little piggy ever. I want to take it home with me too haha. And as for chocolate….I pretty much end every MEAL with chocolate lol (including breakfast….), it’s the only way!

19 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat June 11, 2013 at 8:25 am

I love that mug! I can understand why you couldn’t leave it on the shelf…it’s just so cute!

Usually I plan my blog posts in advance, but sometimes when I go to sit down to write what I planned, I don’t feel like it and end up writing something else. I guess what ever works, right?
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Calorie ExplosionMy Profile

20 Beth @ Mangoes and Miles June 11, 2013 at 8:25 am

Dang girl, that’s a lot of Greek yogurt!

I try to plan out my blog posts in advance. But, like you, sometimes I’m just not feeling it. Like, last week, when I said I would do a disordered eating/body image post once a week, and now, I don’t really know what to write about the topic and every post I attempt to write starts sounding a little forced. I know exactly what you mean–I don’t want to disappoint the people who are looking forward to it, but I don’t want to publish subpar content, either. :(
Beth @ Mangoes and Miles recently posted..Sesame Soy Chicken Lettuce WrapsMy Profile

21 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 11, 2013 at 10:20 am

Definitely don’t force it if it doesn’t feel right. Readers can usually pick up on it, and blogging should be enjoyable – if you keep trying to write something when you’re just not feeling it, you’re going to start feeling burnt out pretty quick.

22 sara @ fitcupcaker June 11, 2013 at 8:29 am

It depends on how the week is and how busy I am. I try to get some posts done on the weekend but usually I just go day by day. It all depends, love the new table :)
sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted..Getting Back On Track and Fish TacosMy Profile

23 Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets June 11, 2013 at 8:30 am

I mainly blog on the fly. I have some “drafts” right now because inspiration hit, I started the post, and then it crashed. Usually though I end up writing all my posts the night before or the morning of or mainly a bit of both. I’d rather plan them out and be ready to do days in advance but that never seems to actually work so my fill in the blank would have to be time.

Sometimes only extra time will do.

I’d like more time to do it all, including relax and catch up on zzzz’s and other people’s blog posts.
Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted..Week In Review: The Twenty First EditionMy Profile

24 Katie @ KatieEnPursuit June 11, 2013 at 8:31 am

Sometimes only a nap will do! Which is where I’m headed soon after being up since 4:15am! And I second the “only chocolate will do motion”…so true!
Katie @ KatieEnPursuit recently posted..Outdoors…Indoors Weekend RecapMy Profile

25 Liz @ The Girl on Fire Now June 11, 2013 at 8:32 am

Sometimes only coffee will do :)
Liz @ The Girl on Fire Now recently posted..MIMMMy Profile

26 Lauren Seserko June 11, 2013 at 8:44 am

Love this post haha. I am guilty of hitting up the bag of chocolate chips for a handful some nights.
Lauren Seserko recently posted..Importance of Catching ZzzsMy Profile

27 Brittany June 11, 2013 at 8:45 am

The majority of my posts are based around whatever photos I have to share, but they are written on a whim when I sit down and put everything together. I do have ideas always floating around my mind, but never am sure where I will take things until I start typing! I love all your posts, planned or not! I don’t really even notice if you deviate from whatever plan you had, a post from you will always brighten my day despite the topic!! Daawwww, I’m so mushy!! :)
Brittany recently posted..America’s Favorite PastimeMy Profile

28 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 11, 2013 at 10:24 am

You are! And I adore you for it :P

29 Katherine June 11, 2013 at 8:52 am

I’m really obsessed with pigs, so I love that mug! I love all your new additions! It’s a rainy day, so chocolate seems like a must for me today!
Katherine recently posted..Healthier Chocolate Chip Cookies!My Profile

30 Miss Polkadot June 11, 2013 at 9:05 am

Okay, that mug begs to be added to MY collection. Send it to me, please?! It’d make great company for my cow mug, don’t you agree ;)?
As you might have noticed I’m pretty much the worst blogger in terms of delivering promised posts at a certain time. Even though I pretty much have them written out in my head already – not on my laptop – life always gets in the way. Or – and this happens more often than not – once I sit down to type my ideas out all the beautiful phrases I’d come up with while on a walk or run have disappeared. Somebody please invent a thought recorder I can keep running in my head. Thankyouverymuch.
Sometimes only talking to my mum will do – yes, I’m all of 22 years old but I don’t think I’ll ever stop relying on her in certain situations. She’s my best friend and will always be :).
Miss Polkadot recently posted..Polkadots & Ponderings #2My Profile

31 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 11, 2013 at 10:26 am

I think there’s actually a cow and sheep mug in this collection too, but I wasn’t able to find those when I looked :( And ugh… I can’t even tell you hoe frustrated I get when I have a post all worded in my head but it somehow gets lost along the way… That’s why I basically walk around with a notebook attached to my hip – so that I can jot down any phrases or ideas that come to mind.

32 Ari @ The Pace of it All June 11, 2013 at 9:20 am

That table is so cute, keep it! Or.. give it to me lol!! And what are those chocolate things, they look yum!

My blogging is often disjointed, I just give it a random title and roll with it. :p
Ari @ The Pace of it All recently posted..Handana review… and giveaway!My Profile

33 Lauren June 11, 2013 at 9:33 am

Sometimes only love will do. So of my worst days can only be made better by a good cry to my mom or a snuggle from Elmo. Seriously, I can have the worst day and Elmo will just come up to me and wag his tail putting a smile on my face. He’s always happy to see me and he doesn’t see things as right or wrong, black-or-white. He has unconditional love and I have to remember to do so with myself. Thankfully, I have him. <3

My posts are mostly raw and loathing in my own self-pity because, unfortunately, I'm going through an extended rough patch. Oh well.
Lauren recently posted..All About My KneesMy Profile

34 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 11, 2013 at 10:29 am

Awwr, lady… sending lots of hugs your way <3

35 Ashley @ Eat Run Live Happy June 11, 2013 at 9:34 am

I am a planning kind of person but so far it just hasn’t seemed to work out for me on the blog front. I don’t think you really can put a plan on inspiration, on writing, on creativity. When something comes, it comes. For me my moods and feelings change like the weather here in Missouri and so it’s hard to know what I’m going to write about well in advance.
Sometimes only ICECREAM will do!
Ashley @ Eat Run Live Happy recently posted..Recipe Fail and Chocolate Frogs.My Profile

36 meredith June 11, 2013 at 10:01 am

Sometimes I have an idea of what I intend to blog about and once I start writing, the whole thing changes. Although, there are days I stick to the plan. All depends. When I have hungry days, most of the time nothing but an apple with peanut butter will do. It always works for me. Sometimes I need a few but hey, could be worse. I love eating chocolate chips btw, I always add them on top of my apple and pb.

37 jessiebearwhat June 11, 2013 at 10:01 am

That mug is so cute! I can’t resist bring home an adorable mug when I see one… I think I’ve accidentally started collecting them haha
jessiebearwhat recently posted..Together Tuesdays #11My Profile

38 Sarah June 11, 2013 at 10:07 am

Looks like some good buys to me! I think the entry way table looks nice, but of course that’s entirely your call. Agreed that chocolate is a great way to end the day… or start the day. Whichever works ;) For me sometimes only kombucha will do, there have been more days than not recently where all I want is that fizzy, fruity, vinegar tasting stuff.

39 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 11, 2013 at 10:52 am

I’ve been craving a lot more kombucha lately too. Although they’ve been out of my favorite grape flavour, which is somewhat disappointing :?

40 Sarah June 11, 2013 at 10:57 am

They don’t sell the grape flavor (well, they sell grape chia…..) in the US! Gingerberry and lavender are my obsessions :)
Sarah recently posted..A manifesto for my lifeMy Profile

41 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 11, 2013 at 12:15 pm

I noticed that! But then again, you guys get a lot of good flavors that we don’t. I haven’t tried the lavender one yet, but I think I’m going to have to pick up a bottle on my next trip!

42 Christina June 11, 2013 at 10:08 am

Lovely round-up! I wrote most of my content in advance – I like to post it up in the morning, and don’t have time to write then! I also like to draft, re-write, add images etc. over time. Though saying that, occasionally at the weekends I’ll write something and post it straight up!

Sometimes only… a glass of wine with nibbles will do. Or pizza!
Christina recently posted..Two Year AnniversaryMy Profile

43 Tiff @ Love, Sweat, and Beers June 11, 2013 at 10:10 am

Is it wrong to say a beer? ;) I actually just bought chocolate chips at the store on Sunday, so for me, it was chocolate this weekend.
Tiff @ Love, Sweat, and Beers recently posted..I’ve gotta start writing this down.My Profile

44 Alex @ Cookie Dough Katzen June 11, 2013 at 10:38 am

Ah I would fill in chocolate too. It’s the best of course! I actually don’t plan out my posts usually, although sometimes if I’m cooking the night before, I’ll take pictures and create an idea of what I’ll be writing about. Also, if I find a cool article that I want to share, I’ll write it down for my next post. I like my blog to be like me, laid back. Maybe a little too laid back sometimes! ;)
Alex @ Cookie Dough Katzen recently posted..Tuesday ThoughtsMy Profile

45 Katie @ running4cupcakes June 11, 2013 at 10:42 am

Love that mug – too cute. And there are only somedays. . . well most days where only ice cream will do! I don’t follow a specific schedule for my blog. .. I post when I want to and don’t worry about a specific schedule. I feel like my topics and what I cover are much better that way!!
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted..Coincidence?My Profile

46 Nausheen June 11, 2013 at 10:52 am

Sometimes only A GIANT VANILLA CONE FROM MCDONALDS will do. Is that terrible? I crave those things all the time…
And I try to have a vague plan of what I’m going to write the day before, but sometimes I just start on something completely off topic and it kind of morphs into a whole different post. Oh well :)
Nausheen recently posted..Sigh…My Profile

47 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 11, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Not at all! I went through a pretty long period in my early recovery where I craved sweets non-stop because I hadn’t allowed myself to eat them for so long. These days I still have a pretty huge sweet tooth, but the cravings have tapered off now that I have those kind of foods on a pretty regular basis.

48 Heather @fitncookies June 11, 2013 at 11:11 am

Sometimes they are planned, most times they aren’t. if I have a great topic I want to share, I write it when it comes to my head and then schedule it later. Lately, though, most of my posts are life posts so they get written either the night before just because I never have time in the morning, or on days I am off, before published.

Some days.. only cookies will do ;)
Heather @fitncookies recently posted..Cardio and Core CircuitMy Profile

49 Fiona Boger June 11, 2013 at 11:18 am

I usually have a bunch of ideas for blog posts in my head, but I don’t usually plan them out for certain days. If I happen to feel in the mood to write on a topic I will, I don’t like feeling pressured. And I’m addicted to pickles, so sometimes only a pickle will do.

50 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles June 11, 2013 at 11:56 am

Ha, I love the mug! A pig on a coffee mug is pretty random, but I can roll with it ;-)
I’ll preplan the vast majority of my posts, but if I get a sudden burst of inspiration (or am really not feeling a topic one day) than I have no problems straying from my schedule. I’m just a diehard planner, what can I say?
And definitely on the only-chocolate-will-do-days…although my list also includes
- only peanut butter will do
– only chocolate AND peanut butter will do
– only froyo will do
- only pretzels will do
- only onion rings will do
- only Mexican food will do

Yes…that’s a long ‘will do’ list. :-p
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..I Bet You Didn’t Know This, But…My Profile

51 morgan June 11, 2013 at 12:35 pm

this is really off the chocolate topic, but i read this post & my answer was, sometimes only a good cry will do. chocolate, coffee & ice cream can really cure most things, a hug is awesome but sometimes, the only thing that will fix it is a good all out bawl (preferably when i am the only one home) oh & i totally use a christmas mug from starbucks year round! it looks like a giant candy cane, holds twice as much liquids, goes in the micro- it rocks & christmas makes me smile, even in 70 degree summer weather :)

52 Vanessa June 11, 2013 at 12:44 pm

may i ask where did you find the brush set?

53 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 11, 2013 at 2:41 pm

I found it at Winners.

54 Vanessa June 11, 2013 at 2:56 pm

awww is no a winners around here

55 Laura Agar Wilson (@keephealthstyle) June 11, 2013 at 1:22 pm

I like the hall way table! Those chocolate chips look amazing, I really fancy some now! I do schedule some posts in advance and tend to have found a routine with blogging which I like as I’m a routine person. I would like to be more spontaneous though!
Laura Agar Wilson (@keephealthstyle) recently posted..Arapina: A healthier chocolate cakeMy Profile

56 Liz @ I Heart Vegetables June 11, 2013 at 1:28 pm

First of all, that’s an adorable mug. Secondly, I really like the hallway table! I think it’s cute :) You should keep it!

Lastly, I need some chocolate chips right now… so jealous.
Liz @ I Heart Vegetables recently posted..Apple Pie GranolaMy Profile

57 Sophia June 11, 2013 at 2:16 pm

Sometimes only a big hug and a cry will do… And chocolate, roast chicken, potatoes, tea, apple strudel, gelato, cake, toast, or I’m a bit weird (remember papa is a fisherman!) fish. A kind word (or email) from a friend can do too. I think blog as your heart directs- it’s fun finding out small details of people- I love your piggy mug and sleek bowl ;) I’ve just heard what my summer plans will be- I think my fish love will come in handy lol. I’m still interested to know your news! Love Sophia

58 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 11, 2013 at 3:21 pm

I hope your summer plans will involve your new man! As for my news… all will be revealed in time :)

59 Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny June 11, 2013 at 2:43 pm

new mugs are definitely necessary! love adding to my collection. i’ve tried to tell myself that i’ll stick to a schedule, but more often than not, i don’t! i post recipes when i make something worth posting, and try to just keep it interesting and not all over the place! it’s hard to keep to a schedule…life gets in the way =) and for me…sometimes only a glass of wine will do! or green tea =)
Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny recently posted..Vermont: Green Mountain Adventure ChallengeMy Profile

60 Caitlin June 11, 2013 at 2:45 pm

I LOVE fun coffee mugs like that! Great purchase, Amanda! sorry to hear you had such a hectic day yesterday – I hope the rest of your week is fabulous :-)

61 Zoe Davis June 11, 2013 at 2:52 pm

I generally have an idea for my posts, but they usually end up a lot different then planned (; Sometimes only coffee/peanut butter/sleep will do. And that pig mug is adorable! I have a slight obsession with pig things and I need this mug!

62 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 11, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Sleep! Ahhh definitely… sometimes nothing works like a good nap.

63 nicole June 11, 2013 at 3:16 pm

cute mug, looks like an illustration from a children’s book :) those makeup brushes look soo soft, i need to learn how to apply makeup…

sometimes, only peanut butter will do. going to grab some riiight about now!
nicole recently posted..don’t look back….My Profile

64 Kay June 11, 2013 at 3:16 pm

the table is cute!
I would use that bowl for fruit, I’ve been keeping my eyes out for a neat fruit bowl
Kay recently posted..Join me as I RUN for WATERMy Profile

65 lindsay June 11, 2013 at 3:17 pm

LOL!, nope. it’s too hard to really plan out blogging topics. I don’t like structure that much. Although some people do so well with it, ya know?
lindsay recently posted..Udis Glutenfree Dinner and a Sneak Peek of new ProductsMy Profile

66 Sarah Pie June 11, 2013 at 3:19 pm

I love the little piggy mug, so cute :) And new beauty buys are always a plus too! I try to kind of plan my posts out during the week but most of the time life happens and that plan goes to “nope”. Oh well, it keeps things more interesting.

And while chocolate (especially of the chip variety) is great some days only French Onion dip will do :)
Sarah Pie recently posted..Week in Review #6: Moving outMy Profile

67 Olivia @ Liv Lives Life June 11, 2013 at 5:21 pm

I like the table! It’s cute!
I definitely have days like that, when I feel like I haven’t stopped eating but am still hungry or craving something. Oh well, gotta listen to our bodies, I guess!
I’m a major organizer, so I almost always plan out my posts. A lot of it has to do with link-up parties that I join, but I think most of it is because I’m an organize freak. Very similar to Monica on Friends. It’s scary sometimes.
Olivia @ Liv Lives Life recently posted..All Natural Green Tea LemonadeMy Profile

68 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 11, 2013 at 9:29 pm

Organization can be so calming, though! I tried to be more organized with my posts, but I came across too many instances where I had a post topic all planned out with absolutely no motivation to write it :?

69 Nicole @ FruitnFitness June 11, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Love that mug! I’m such a sucker for cute mugs, none of mine match! My blog posts are usually just whatever is on my mind at the time. If I have something I want to talk about or a recipe to share those posts are normally more planned than most of my daily ones.
Nicole @ FruitnFitness recently posted..would you ratherMy Profile

70 Meghan @ After the Ivy League June 11, 2013 at 6:50 pm

I totally know the feeling, with intending to blog about certain things, planning to and even half-writing posts, and then it just doesn’t happen. It’s really hard to follow through with everything because I feel like there’s so much I want to do! The world of blogging…
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies RecipeMy Profile

71 Brittany @ Delights and Delectables June 11, 2013 at 6:56 pm

I have a plan, but it usually doesn’t happen unless the posts are prewritten. My brain just dumps sometimes.
For me… sometimes only nut butter will do. Any kind of nut butter!
Brittany @ Delights and Delectables recently posted..California Days 4 & 5: LA and The OceanMy Profile

72 kristen @ verbs and vignettes June 11, 2013 at 6:57 pm

that mug is amazing!!! i have a slight mug addiction. and have promised myself not to buy any more for a while, since the current collection won’t fit in the cabinets, even when it’s stacked. but he is way too adorable.

and i’ve tried to plan out certain things for certain times on the blog, but i always work myself into a corner and have zero fun when i feel like i have to write about something particular.

that’s a tough break about candy crush…

and i love the beauty finds! it made me feel like i knew what i was doing… i’m using revlon colorstay right now.
kristen @ verbs and vignettes recently posted..start of summerMy Profile

73 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 11, 2013 at 9:37 pm

I’m starting to run into the same problem with my mugs… It’s getting to the point where basically none of them match anymore :? And the Revlon Colorstay line is amazing! Definitely my favorite drug store makeup.

74 Alex @ therunwithin June 11, 2013 at 6:59 pm

such a cute mug lady! i have to say, my mind has been the same way, all over the place, don’t really know what to write about despite having so much on it.
Alex @ therunwithin recently posted..MIMM: Aha!My Profile

75 Tessa @ Amazing Asset June 11, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Okay so yep, that mug is pretty much perfect, too adorable :) And you know my feelings regarding scheduling and planning to blog… While you are certainly more on the ball with blogging than I am now, I get not being able to follow a specific plan. Or at least having to force yourself more often than not. I also have a whole lot to say, yet getting it out in a timely, scheduled matter is pretty much never going to happen, at least for the time being! This takes the joy out of this wonderful hobby and I never want that to occur!
Sometimes only cuddling with my cat Caleb will do :)
Tessa @ Amazing Asset recently posted..Movin’ Time + RamblesMy Profile

76 Chelsea @ Chelsea's Healthy Kitchen June 11, 2013 at 7:31 pm

Cute mug! I should get one like that for my mom – she has a bit of a pig collection going on: a metal one as decoration in our kitchen, a plaqued picture of one, a cement one on our lawn (seriously haha).

I tend to write my posts over 2-3 days, so yeah they are usually planned. Every so often I’ll just pump one out on the fly though!

Sometimes only multiple handfuls of granola will do.
Chelsea @ Chelsea’s Healthy Kitchen recently posted..New job + my weekendMy Profile

77 Christine @ Gotta Eat Green June 11, 2013 at 8:11 pm

I try to plan what I am going to blog but often I just make an awesome meal and have to blog about it.

Sometimes only candy and wedding shows on the couch will do.
Christine @ Gotta Eat Green recently posted..Summer Asian Inspired SlawMy Profile

78 Jessie June 11, 2013 at 9:35 pm

First, i LOVE LOVE LOVE your new mug. It’s absolutely adorable! Now to answer your question…Sometimes only a spoonful (or two, or maybe even three) will do :)
Jessie recently posted..I’VE MOVED!My Profile

79 Sarah @ A Refining Adventure June 12, 2013 at 6:24 am

I love the entryway table! The color is perfect! And beauty buys are sometimes a necessity! ;-) I don’t usually plan out my blog posts. Sometimes I begin with an “end point” in mind, and sometimes when I start writing, it ends up taking a direction of it’s own.

Sometimes only dark chocolate will do! MMM!
Sarah @ A Refining Adventure recently posted..Are They Silly Fears?My Profile

80 kaity @ kaityscooking June 12, 2013 at 7:09 pm

loveeeeeeeeeee that mug! so freaking cute. Sometimes only alcohol will do ;-)! dont judge hahah
kaity @ kaityscooking recently posted..Guilty FeelingsMy Profile

81 Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli June 30, 2013 at 11:49 pm

Aww, that little mug is the cutest! I was so tempted to pick up a couple of new dishes at TJ Maxx the other day but I refrained since it took me about an hour that same morning to rearrange my kitchen cabinets after emptying the dishwasher…I may have a bit of a problem…ok, I TOTALLY have a problem! haha!

I’ve taken a whole new approach to blogging as you know…the “I do what I want” approach…and I have to say it’s working quite nicely! I used to stress out so much with blogging about certain things on certain days, posting at certain times, remembering all the link ups…it was exhausting and COMPLETELY unnecessary! Blogging should be fun and it should represent who I am…and I know I’m just not the type of person who can do the same thing over and over again. I much rather prefer spontaneity and randomness…so I totally love that you’re doing the same! :)

PS, I thought of you the other day when I was out shopping for makeup! Lol
Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli recently posted..Salad CerealMy Profile

82 Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 1, 2013 at 6:09 am

:lol: Oh that’s great. I actually thought of you while I was in the store once browsing new dishes – I want that ‘serving bowl’ you have!