. life’s too short… .

by Amanda @ .running with spoons. on September 23, 2012

Life’s too short… to start your day with the broken pieces of yesterday.

(let go and start with breakfast instead)

Life’s too short… to concern yourself with what others might think of you.

(so don’t take yourself too seriously)

Life’s too short… to never slow down and pay attention to the finer details around you.

Life’s too short… to count calories, carbs, or fats.

(count your blessings instead)

Life’s too short… to love with anything less than your whole heart.

Life’s too short… hold grudges.

(it will slowly eat away at you from the inside)

Life’s too short… to let others drag you down.

(so surround yourself with those who lift you up)

Life’s too short… to pass on dessert.

(recipe for chocolate chip pumpkin bread coming at you soon!)

Life’s too short… to only play it safe.

(so take risks and make mistakes)

Life’s too short… to waste your time worrying about the things you can’t change.

So laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can’t change. Kiss slowly, forgive quickly, play hard, take chances, give it all you’ve got, and have no regrets. Life’s too short to be anything but happy.

Happy Sunday, friends.

Your turn! Life’s too short to ________ .

1 Sünne September 23, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Such a beautiful and true post! Your pictures are gorgeous again, especially the third one, no, wait, I can’t decide on a favourite.

Also again, this post makes me want to finally, finally change things in my life. Let loose of ED and the thoughts it gives me. Stop overthinking and start living freely. Thanks for being an inspiration, Amanda!

2 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 24, 2012 at 7:23 am

Definitely give letting loose a shot… you might find that you really like it :D

3 Cait @ Beyond Bananas September 23, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Love this post and agree with all of them!

Life is too short to hold it all inside. Speak your mind and let it ride!

4 Katy September 23, 2012 at 5:44 pm

Great post and very true! Life is too short to hold back!

5 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate September 23, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Great post :)

6 kris September 23, 2012 at 5:58 pm

loving this! – it’s nice to be reminded every now and than of the things we really shouldn’t dwell on. life is too short to over think things!

7 Ellie@Fit for the Soul September 23, 2012 at 6:01 pm

wow this is strange…just today I was thinking of reminding others of how short life is. This morning, Greg’s grandma (mom’s mother) passed away after being hospitalized for 2 weeks from stage 4 bone cancer. She was already battling some things but not bad to that point up till 2 weeks ago. and bam, she was hit with it and somehow it accelerated so much that she was on morphine every other hour. She was originally given 2-3 months, but it happened in 3 days. We know she is with God and in some ways, I’m relieved to know that she’s not in that excruciating pain anymore. Though, I’m grieving for Greg’s (mine now) family. So life is too short to not live to the fullest and to let others know that we love them! Have a blessed Sunday my friend. <3

8 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 24, 2012 at 7:28 am

Ack I’m so sorry to hear about Greg’s grandma :( It’s such an unfortunate fact that it takes an encounter with death to remind us how precious life is.

9 Alexandra September 23, 2012 at 6:40 pm

BEAUTIFUL <3
I've recently found life is WAY too short to spend it fretting on the past or things you should've done. Instead, it's best to focus on the future and be confident in every word and deed!
PS– I love the pic of the bee :)

10 Aimee September 23, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Best post ever! I think we all need to be reminded how quickly life passes and to make the most of each and every day! :)

11 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey September 23, 2012 at 6:53 pm

This was a great post. I loved it!!

12 lindsay September 23, 2012 at 7:17 pm

lifes to short to pass up ANY and ALL opportunity, to worry about money, to roast marshmallows in your back yard, to go on a picnic just because, to hug your spouse/family, to say I LOVE YOU each day!

13 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 24, 2012 at 7:52 am

Yes, yes, YES! I think it’s so important to tell the people you care about how you feel, because as scary as it is to think about, you never know when the last time you see them might be…

14 Lisa Fine September 23, 2012 at 7:18 pm

Life’s too short to sweat the small stuff.

It’s funny how the negatives can really overtake the positives in our brains, but it’s important to realize what matters. I can sometimes whine easily when I’m having a hard time, but when I put everything into perspective, I realize that I have it pretty damn good and shouldn’t make a fuss.

Did you take that insect photo? (I think it’s a bee?) Great shot!

15 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 24, 2012 at 7:57 am

Thank you! Luckily the bee I was watching felt like cooperating, so I managed to take that shot :)

16 Amy September 23, 2012 at 8:35 pm

…to not smile at least 103 times a day :) Love your blog, love this post! Thanks for the Sunday inspiration! :)

17 Alaine @ My GF & DF Living September 23, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Wow, this is an amazing post. I love all of these. Thank you for the inspiration. It’s great for the start on the week!

18 Khushboo September 23, 2012 at 10:48 pm

Love posts like these…bursting with optimism! Life’s too short to worry about putting up a blog post…live, THEN blog, not vice versa!

19 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 24, 2012 at 8:02 am

Definitely a good reminder :)

20 caterina September 24, 2012 at 12:46 am

Your post made me cry… thank you…

21 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 24, 2012 at 8:02 am

Awwwr! <3 *hands over a Kleenex and a cookie*

22 Ksenija @ Health Ninja September 24, 2012 at 12:49 am

Beautiful!

Life is too short to feel sorry for oneself. Stand up and change whatever bothers you.

23 Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli September 24, 2012 at 3:20 am

I love this…and I love YOU! Beautiful words to go along with some breathtaking photography! I can’t even begin to tell you how glad I am that you’ve come back to blogging, Amanda! I’ve missed you so much!

Life’s too short to play by someone else’s rules…so make your own, and see where it takes you! :)

24 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 24, 2012 at 8:07 am

Ack you’re going to make me blush! Love you! xox

25 Nicky September 24, 2012 at 3:35 am

Beautiful words, beautiful photography and a beautiful girl :) I wish everyone could realise ‘life is too short’ much earlier in life so they don’t have to go through all the hard stuff to realise..in a way I guess it makes them stronger people though :)
I know a quote that I’ve always loved, ‘Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so love the people who treat you right, forgive the ones who don’t, and believe that everything happens for a reason.’ :)

26 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 24, 2012 at 8:13 am

It really is unfortunate that experience seems to be the best teacher, but you’re right that it makes us stronger. And that’s a great quote :)

27 shannon September 24, 2012 at 5:35 am

You are very good writer, so creative and your words flow so easily.

Life’s too short to worry about the little things or the big things, just let it all out and let it all go

28 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 24, 2012 at 8:13 am

Awwr thank you <3

29 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin September 24, 2012 at 5:37 am

Thank you for this post – I needed this! My day yesterday ended off badly, but I need to remember that life is too short to let myself get stressed about broken phones and school assignments!

30 Andrea September 24, 2012 at 5:38 am

LIfe’s too short to make excuses. It’s important to step back and question your motives. Often I find I’m making excuses which I think will only better me, but in fact are shielding me from really experiencing life.

31 Floey September 24, 2012 at 5:42 am

Is that your sock puppet/stuffed animal? hehe. Makes me want to make one of those. Brb while I go look for some old socks, haha.

32 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 24, 2012 at 8:16 am

It isn’t, unfortunately :( But I wanted to steal him! I saw it at one of the historic houses in a park that I visited over the summer.

33 Ali September 24, 2012 at 5:56 am

Life is too short to regret what happened yesterday and too short to worry about what is going to happen tomorrow! Great post Amanda! <3

34 Tessa @ Amazing Asset September 24, 2012 at 6:10 am

A most beautiful post Amanda, seriously, and those pictures are just stunning :) A wonderful message that so many of us could benefit from and should really work on internalizing! Life is too short to analyze every.single.detail in my life… and then stress about it. How about just doing my best and seeing what comes my way?

35 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile September 24, 2012 at 7:11 am

Amen to this, sista! Love this post! Gorgeous pictures, too. :D

36 Emma Harris September 24, 2012 at 7:19 am

I just came across your blog and love this post! Also, you’re such a skilled photographer!!

37 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 24, 2012 at 8:19 am

Thank you, Emma! And thank you for taking the time to say hi :D

38 Kat September 24, 2012 at 7:25 am

These pictures are AMAZING babe. So gorgeous. And yes LIFE IS WAY TOO SHORT!! We need to live it up, and use the time we have here to make God proud and make ourselves proud.
I say life is too short to let ANYONE steal your joy.

39 Kat @ a dash of fairydust September 24, 2012 at 8:13 am

Life’s too short to always see only the negative aspects of everything.
Like stormy weather.
Or rain.
Indeed,it makes it even better to be inside and snuggle into a warm blanket. :)

40 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 24, 2012 at 9:13 am

Especially if it involves a cup of hot chocolate and cookies :)

41 kelsey September 24, 2012 at 10:31 am

Life’s too short to….worry about tomorrow.

Love everything about this post!

42 Liz (formerly VeggieGirl) September 24, 2012 at 12:43 pm

LOVE THIS POST.

Life’s too short not to just enjoy what you love in life, no matter how simple or extravagant it may be.

43 Lisa September 24, 2012 at 1:42 pm

Love this Amanda, your posts always make me smile!
Are you a photographer, because your photos are seriously AMAZING!
Life is too short to stress about stress. I’ve been doing a lot of that lately, which in return leaves me with more stress. Not okay! Time to turn that thinking around!

44 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 24, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Awwr thanks love <3 Not a photographer, just someone who loves photography :) And when I’m really stressing over something, I find that it helps to look at what it is and ask myself if it’s going to matter in 10 years. If not (and 95% of the things don’t) then it’s not worth stressing over.

45 Angela September 24, 2012 at 5:01 pm

Have you ever considered going into professional photography? You are seriously AMAZING at taking photos – I’ve noticed that way since the beginning, at your blog seek!

46 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 25, 2012 at 9:01 am

Thank you! Never really considered it… it’s just a hobby :) And I can’t believe you’ve been “with” me for that long!

47 Irina @ Chocolatea Time September 24, 2012 at 9:04 pm

All your posts are so thoughtful and positive! I always look forward to reading them :)

Life is too short to waste time doing what you don’t like <– the easiest lesson to realize/acknowledge but the hardest lesson to actually change (in my opinion)

And finally, your photos are BEAUTIFUL. Absolutely stunning. What camera and lens do you use? That bee picture makes me swoon – it's breathtaking.

48 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 25, 2012 at 9:00 am

Aww thanks hun :) I use a Canon EOS7D, and I alternate between a 50mm and an 18-135mm lens.

49 cloricandcrazy September 25, 2012 at 2:14 pm

That breakfast looks amazing! What’s in it :D!?

50 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 25, 2012 at 3:39 pm

It’s just plain Greek yogurt, a banana, a peach, Kashi Cinnamon Harvest, and roasted almond butter.

51 Alissa @ Life Like Fruit Salad September 28, 2012 at 6:18 pm

I absolutely love this. I agree with every bit of it and I really needed to hear/see it!
Amazing pictures too, btw :)
Xo

52 Megan @ runningonjava December 7, 2012 at 11:51 am

Okay so I just found this post through a link from another. It’s perfect. The message (and the photos!) are beautiful.
Megan @ runningonjava recently posted..High fivin’ myself and some other stuffMy Profile

53 Dana December 13, 2013 at 9:36 am

great post! Everything you already mentioned is what I 110% concur with! ;)
Dana recently posted..Sort of in the Christmas spiritMy Profile