Happy #thinkingoutloud Thursday! No idea what I’m going on about? Click here!
1. Awwwr. Gush. Thank you guys so much for all your sweet comments on Spoons’ birthday post! I very much doubt that I’d be blogging if it wasn’t for the amazing connections that I’ve made with both readers and bloggers alike, so I really hope you know how much ya mean to me! Here’s to many more exciting years together.
2. Can we drink to that? Of course we can! But we’re gonna keep it G-rated since I know some people aren’t quite at the legal age threshold yet, and I don’t wanna leave anyone out. How does a rich and creamy smoothie sound? With chocolate… and coconut… and almonds. If that sounds good to you, then check out my Almond Joy Smoothie recipe over on Savory Style! I’m kind of obsessed…
3. Speaking of obsessions, I’m very much in love with my new shoes.
I’ve been hunting for a pair of Nikes for months now, but I couldn’t find a colour/style that I loved. I pretty much gave up the search before randomly happening across this pair of Wildhorse GTXs when I was in Winners the other day looking for cute food photography props. They’re basically perfect for me — black and charcoal (my favourite colours to wear) with a lovely pop of colour. Exactly my style.
4. Oh, and in case you’re wondering, I did actually manage to find some cute food photography props… specifically, new plates and bowls…
And while I’d love to share the recipe for the delicious muffins sitting on top of them, I’m gonna have to hold out on you guys for a few more weeks. Sorry!
5. I don’t usually pay a lot of attention to junk mail, but every now and then I’ll get one that really makes me laugh…
I’m pretty sure the only way to respond to that one is… “wtf?!“
6. In other “wtf” news, I walked into my closet the other day and saw, not one, but two fruit flies buzzing around… And no, I don’t use my pantry as a closet. I do store kitchen linens and random baking pans in my microwave, though 😉
7. I also do object against the false claims that there are 6.5 servings in this bag of granola…
Either that or I completely lack all sense of
decency portion control when it comes to these things. It’s probably the latter 😆
8. What I don’t lack is the ability to be easily amused. Tee hee, carrot balls!
9. And on that happy note, it’s time for me to say goodbye to your friendly faces for a few days. Remember how I mentioned that I’ll be taking a trip to Whistler? Today’s the day! Actually, I’m probably already en route as we speak, so hopefully we don’t run into any SNAFUs along the way. I’ll be checking in with you guys on Sunday for some Link Love, but other than that, I’ll talk to you again on Tuesday! 😀
No questions… just tell me whatever comes to your mind! 😀
More places to find me!
E-mail — [email protected]
Twitter — runwithspoons
Facebook — runningwithspoons
Pinterest — runwithspoons
Instagram — runwithspoons
Bloglovin — runningwithspoons
Well I certainly hope you thought of me when you ate that carrot ball. I mean really, how many highly inappropriate bloggers do you know? Alright fine, I’m sure there are tons, but not as indecent as myself. I take it to the next level with raw virgin hair.
Fruit flies in the closet….girl, is there something you’re not telling me? Kinky things happening with your clothes and food….?
I love those Nikes. Im having the same problem with my Purely Elizabeth Pumpkin Fig Granola; its addicting and the serving is 1/3 cup :/
Okay, while you’re away there’s going to be a squirrel who somehow makes its way in your house to steal those cupcakes/muffins 😀 😀 😀
HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!
Aine @ AwksIrishGirl
We have to wait a few weeks for those muffins? Really??
How can you do this to us 🙁
Have a great trip. I can’t wait for the muffin recipe.
Renee @ Bendiful Blog
LOVE the carrot ball that’s awesome! And in college I totally stored clothes in my oven so I understand the attraction, it’s FREE space! Have a wonderful trip!
Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine
Spam emails and comments can be SO weird! That one is definitely the weirdest I’ve seen!
Have a great trip!
Enjoy whistler! We are heading to Colorado. I’ll think of you and mountains! ❤️
Kelly @ Kelly Runs For Food
Love the new Nikes. I have a feeling I’m due for some new sneakers in the next couple months so I can’t wait to start shopping.
Have a great trip!
LOL @ the carrot balls!!
Have a great weekend 🙂
Carrot Balls made me Laugh Out Loud!
Alex @ Alex Tries it Out
Aaah, I want to eat everything you just posted! Well, except the shoes. Those I just want to wear.
Have you ever watched Sex and the City? Carrie always stored her sweaters in the stove. Might as well use the space you have, I suppose :).
ellie @ fit for the soul
Have an awesome time at Whistler! And happy belated birthday to Spoons, booooo I missed it. And I don’t blame you girlie, I think granola is one of my weaknesses too. But I guess it’s better than having weakness to cake? Oh wait, I have that problem too. 😉
Jessica @ Absurd, She Wrote
Have those shoes, they are great! I’m not usually sworn to one brand, but I have to wear Nikes to run. I’ve tried lots of others, but I know that a size 8 Nike will always work for me.
Ahhh so fun, have a great time in Whistler!! 🙂 That Almond Joy smoothie looks amaaazing, and the carrot balls made me giggle too. So mature. 😉
Casey @ Casey the College Celiac
I feel ya on the granola servings issue! I made a HUGE batch of homemade granola last Friday and it’s already almost gone…oops! ;P
Jen @ Chase the Red Grape
Oooh enjoy your trip! Hope you have so much fun! 🙂
Love the new trainers – the splash of lime green is fantastic! And those tiny carrot balls, I often get them in my bag of baby carrots, I wonder what makes them?!
Oh my gosh…. one of the “related posts” under this one is a christmas link love! Can not even believe that we’re actually getting close to the holiday season again. Squeee!
Melissa @ Mango About Town
Have an awesome time in Whistler!! I feel like the only Canadian who hasn’t been there..
Have a fabulous time in Whistler! That’s one place I’ve had on my list for quite some time 🙂 Granola portion sizes baffle me. I consider them one serving bags 😉
Hahaha wtf to the fruit flies and that spam mail is right! Some of that stuff is ridiculous…who comes up with it? I feel like portion control with most good things (granola, cereal, ice cream, etc) is just wrong….clearly whoever creates that doesn’t believe in enjoying life 😉 Have a great trip, hun!! Enjoy the family time!
Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious
Oh man I go through granola like there’s a famine. I always feel guilty after but better than a bag if chips, right? That’s another one alone with peanut butter I need to make. Have an amazing vacation!